Canada Gangs: Toronto Area

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
thecarwong
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by thecarwong » November 5th, 2005, 3:57 pm

Everyone keep on sayin jane and finch, how many buildings are there?

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » November 5th, 2005, 10:40 pm

Trey wrote:^^^ LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to REAL TORONTO DVD

http://files.filefront.com/TRT/;4319789;;/fileinfo.html

change filename to .rar
Thanks, i've been lookin everywhere for dis!!!!!!!

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » November 5th, 2005, 10:41 pm

But how do u change the file to rar and what program do u have to use to watch dis?

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » November 5th, 2005, 10:42 pm

Rite now i am waiting for the file to start the download, itz contacting the server and i have around 40 minutes and i am around 250th in line......

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » November 5th, 2005, 10:44 pm

It says i have to use Alchemy CATALYST 4.0, how im goin to watch it?

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » November 6th, 2005, 12:02 am

I know that brown gangz are usually pretty in control up dere at t-dot, but is dere any brown gangz at los angeles, i noe that on dis site dere is the crips, bloodz, surenos and asians, dats all good info, but anyone have info on the brown gangs or crews in los angeles, like east indians or tamils..?

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » November 6th, 2005, 12:12 am

thecarwong wrote:Everyone keep on sayin jane and finch, how many buildings are there?
Itz housing, ima not sure, but dere maybe like 10 or 20 visable like highrises, and the rest just housing 3 floor or 5 floors. Oh and somethin funny that happened when i went dere to see wat the neighbourhood looks like after awhile, like a few hours later, there was like 3 drive-bys, that was sooo fukked up. Pluz ma friend up at scarborough knowz who shot that 17-year-old at jane-finch mall, and ma friendz friend's friend's friends were at the mall wen the shootin happened, and that first 3 friendz part, i noe all of dem, but the 2 and 3, dey're not ma friendz, i just noe dem, dey're cool.

RealTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by RealTO » November 7th, 2005, 2:22 pm

Go out and cop this release or buy it online. Have some respect. Thats the link to the official topic.

viewtopic.php?t=9695

Peace

THE REAL TORONTO DVD is now availlable online.

Its at the Play De Record online store. Priced the same at 10.99 + shipping / handling.

http://www.playderecord.com/live/catalogue.asp?cat=CD

Peace

RealTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by RealTO » November 7th, 2005, 2:24 pm

yo foo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yo foo » November 7th, 2005, 7:01 pm

I've been to Jane and Finch once. There is a shitload of bigass high rise apartments. My cousin lives there, I haven't seen her and her family for years. Lots of immgrants in that area and lots of black gangsters it looked like.

yo foo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yo foo » November 8th, 2005, 12:56 pm

Have you guys heard of the street or area called Markham?

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » November 9th, 2005, 6:20 pm

yo foo wrote:Have you guys heard of the street or area called Markham?
Ye, itz up at york region. Itz the district above toronto. My former friend and his bro fucced up markam a few weeks ago, dey paintballed the shit out of it, dey came with like 6 cars with his bro's boyz and fucced up stores and people and ye, i think that as a borough of toronto, as a whole number of crime in the whole city of boroughs, scarborough is the worst, i mean just cause north york has the worst hood in all of canada, doesnt mean that itz the worst of all of dem, and the hood iz jane and finch, even though flemo park too, but scarborough has the most hoodz, more then 15, and north york has like 5 or somethin................................................................................................

NorthernBrotha
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NorthernBrotha » November 11th, 2005, 12:36 pm

not_the_one wrote:I know people all over north america. Even here........ Personally, i travelled here and made some friends, now we got contact.... I get them updates on things that go down where i live, they give me updates over there, and we call up the people we know, and get things organized. Especially in T-Dot, i now a few people who run shit there..

My friend's cousin runs C-Block.
My friend's boy's cousin runs jane and finch.
My friend runs this crew that has bout 150 members, pretty small, but hes powerfull, he knows the leaders of jane & finch crew and jane and finch mafia, hes got bout 3 million people to back him up, from like over 70 big crews and more than a 100 small crews.
My former friend's uncle runs malvern crew.
My former friend's bro is in 18 buddha, and his bro's godfather runs big circle boys, his bro also knows chuckie akenz's v-unit.
My friend knows people in brooklyn and runs the neighbourhood that i visited once, plus he offered to get me hooked up with some people that sell shotguns, but i refused.
My bro's best friend knows these people from this high school in north york.
My friends run areas in scarborough.
My bro's friends run areas in north york.
My friend knows 20 gang members from different gangs in pickering.
My friend in oshawa runs his high school.
My former friend in scarborough knows the person that runs this high school in that area.
My friend's father's boys run this laundry place in scarborough.
My friend's cousin knows alot of people from different places in toronto.
My former friend's uncle and cousin live in missisauga and run the area there.

These people are from the greater toronto area. But i know some people in new york, chicago, and los angeles, and im not gonna say who.
its kinda funny, you know this and that. What about you?? you sound like a nosey kid. Your the type to hear about shit but your never there. M.I.A. No one beleives you anyway. Even if you do know them, so what?! You want a reward? Your a clown straight up...Big up T.O. - Hamilton areaz and bun fakes like this batty bwoy! JHYEA

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » November 12th, 2005, 4:14 am

Ok people. Now lets get back on with the topic please. The boards gettin strict, dont reply to people's BS cos it creates a string of posts irrelevant to the topic. Just keep us informed on the gangs in Toronto and the area there from. Lets see some news articles on the matter too

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » November 14th, 2005, 10:25 pm

Ye, stick to the topic. I wouldnt start beef if i were u, ma boyz all over dis place, have accountz but not riting anythin. They can find bout u with just 1 phone call, but just try to keep it cool, alright?

Back to the topic.

Anywayz, ppl think ppl at t-dot are posers and imitators and dis and that, who gives a fucc if dey're in canada, the usa or where ever day gotz dem gangz, just cause usa has alot of gangs doesnt mean that canada copies it, i mean so wat if dey're more brutal up at los angeles or chitown, but canada has itz own stylez, just cause dey're in canada doesnt mean dey're not gangsterz, but in the usa dey are??? WTF?!???! U guyz have never been up there at jane and finch, everyone thinkz that just cauz all the shootingz happen up at jane and finch doesnt mean that they are the only gangsters, i mean there are gangsterz all over toronto, even weather itz peel or york or durham or even t-dot, dey all have their bad hoodz, and if ppl think that if ur from the usa like LA or chitown or nyc or watever, u r the most brutal of all street gang membaz, well, some ppl that try to escape from the projectz in the usa, and come to a nighbourhood lets say in the 1980s, then dey might see that the nighbourhood is a weak one but they kno that ppl can be changed, dey can start their own gang and take over the hood, and then wen that lets say 20 year old that was born at 1960 and came dere at 1980, and made the place into a fuckin' war zone, lets say calling it malvern or flemo park or watever, dats one example, then that guyz baby that would be born at 1985 wen the guyz 25, he takez over the hood wen his daddy iz shot or killed or dead after 20 years like in the year 2005, now, and hez pure canadian, maybe hiz dad's pure american og but he iz canadian, doesnt that make him pretty dangerous too?, i mean hiz dad could teach him all that shit he learned in the projectz, makin the nighbourhood worse like if dere was at least one crime a year, he could increase it by 1 per month then one per week then one per day and then one per hour, and then after makin a successfull criminal gang turf and organization with at least 1000 members locally after 20 or 30 years, wouldnt u call a 4 square mile turf with 1000 members scattered across it from one criminal organization only, and probably rivals or allies that might move in or form later on, u would call that a poser or imitator? Itz the same story as tookie, he had the wast side cripz and with like 20 or 30 membas and then he formed with the east side cripz with raymond washington and with also bout 20 or 30 members, when dey were like 17 or 18, then after 10 years dey come up with like 100s and 1000s more, damn, and i thought my gang was fucced, like where i live on that street which is like 100 meters long, there is buildings, and there is at least 20 or 30 gang members per building, and there is like 10 or 15 buildings, locally, bout more than 1000, i dont care if u belive me, and i dont care if u do, just for no reason, pleez dont be like the ppl that start shit with me everyday! First the pigz then newcomer gang members and fucc that.. What am i talking bout, im goin off topic, shit, nvm.........................................................

the person that said anynoumous on his name pretty much hacked in and then posted like most of the gangz i have relation ships in the t-dot.

Roy_2k5
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Roy_2k5 » November 27th, 2005, 5:52 pm

It really depends. Gangs usually appear, because of the economic or even political environment. Gangs in Toronto does sound like a contradiction in many ways. Many parts of the Greater Toronto Area are just filthy rich.

The Regions in the GTA..

York region: Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, etc are filthy rich; the number of posh houses infers little gang activity. That region reminds me of some anglo-saxon community, but with a mainly migrant population. I highly doubt, anyone with such living standards would join gangs. More of them are going to university, especially the higher up ones, like UofT.

Peel Region: Brampton, Mississauaga, Caledon are rich too, especially Mississuaga, since many want the city to seperate from GTA. Caledon is all rural and Brampton is doing fine. There might be gangs down there, but they are more like crews. That doesn't mean they aren't deadly; it should not be that difficult for those guys to procure arms and then go kill a next person, that is, if they're willing to give up their nice living standards. Hey some have done it...

Halton: No gangs here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the white folks got a shotgun per family. Doing exceptionally well, since the agro sector is heavily subsidized in Canada. Those guys earn too much, along with the police forces.

Durham: Filthy rich too. Even though areas like Ajax has a good number of Blacks, they earn mad money too. We're talking about over $70,000 per household, ~3 members per household averages. That means most of the kids are freaking spoiled and live in heated households.

GTA = It's a financial heaven. In the Toronto core, it differs, slightly.

Toronto

Downtown: St. James Town is just awful, plenty of projects and seems more like a potential gang-breeding grounds. However, I hear nothing on television and they speak of far-fetched ideas like Scarborough turning into the next Compton. :shock:

Most of the neighborhoods in Toronto are pretty decent. The three that probably contradict my claim includes: [Includes my view as well]

Etobicoke:
Clarification: Most of Etobicoke, seems fairly safe. My grandmother is down there and she's the type that would definitely react big time to gang violence. If it was really big, she wouldn't be living in Etobicoke.

Rexdale: The Rexdale area has a massive manufacturing complex, so it is possible that the slow growth in the manufacturing sector has been causing unemployment down there. I'm not sure, though. What I do know is that many that move out of Rexdale in order to live in the more posh areas of York Rexdale ain't too poor, many live really nice in the Albion area and what-not. When I was down there, I remember seeing quite a good number of houses. Many drive cars and there are plenty of South Asians down there and they live nice. There does exist South Asian gangs, mainly Tamil (i.e. VVT), but gangbanging US style is rare. There are many that could easily a next person, but that is related to money-related issues. The same applies to the black gangs down there, but I don't anything more about them. My uncle who used to live in Rexdale sees crime as more of an issue down in Scarborough versus Rexdale. He's a lot more balanced, so I guess his view is fairly legit.

North York: There are many different views regarding this area. I know few living in Yonge-Eglinton and that area is far form dangerous. It is more like dangerously wealthy. You got million dollar complexes down in North York: Bridle Path, to be precise. On the other hand, Jane & Finch can be pretty dangerous, which means the pretty frequent gangbanging down there. The two ethnic groups behind them are the Blacks and the Vietnamese. The reason why we see so much crime there is because of the huge metro housing complexes. They seem like recipes for disaster and it seems like there are forces up that want ghettos to stay,... if they didn't then these areas would have been poverty-free long time.

Scarborough: I have been down here, for most of my 12 years in Canada. I don't know, I find it quite quiet. There do exist gangs and many love to smoke marijuana, but that's fair. Gang wars do happen, but they are definitely not occuring daily, let alone a death daily. I feel that many down here wants to see deaths occur daily. I don't know how to react to that. But areas like Guildwood, Port Union, etc are far from dangerous; it's more like dangerously rich areas. In Highland Creek, there are probably more racoons out there than gangs. Fights in schools do occur, though. We hear of suicide, rape, etc, like in Luxembourg.

I'm living in Scarborough West, one of the poorer parts of Scarborough and it seems like living standards are not too bad. The projects down here aren't massive and are mainly comprised of East Africans, Jamaicans and whites. As for crime, many especially the media (I'm calling out CityTV) are pointing at Jamaicans (they use the term Black, instead) as the ones mainly involved in street crime. But if you actually go around area-to-area, many of the younger South Asians will claim that Browns are doing more crazy stunts than Jamaicans. I am not sure, which is true. I am aware that there does exist many crazy Brown gangs, especially the Tamil ones. South Asians tend to live better off, though, but there are quite a number living in the projects. I have a hard time figuring out the situation, because most South Asians don't like to associate themselves with lower living standards, while Jamaican adults would have no labelling much of their community as poor. The reason I look at poverty is because street gangs only exist in areas with heavy poverty, if we're talking about the crews in say,

Areas like Malvern, West Hill were pretty active years back, especially down in Galloway. Malvern isn't as intense as the media claims, because I used play soccer down there quite frequently, yet I never heard a gun shot, let alone daily. Crime has been declining substantially in those areas too. Browns in those areas tend to have higher living standards so crime was probably never that intense in that area to begin with. The Jamaican and/or Blacks (I don't know about East Africans) were behind most of the crime in those areas (according to the media). Others claim that Browns, Russians, etc contribute a huge number of the crimes.

Toronto: Most of the city is fairly safe; but maybe the 1.7 per 100,000 crime rate would go a bit over 2 if it's just the crime rate for Toronto. The figure doesn't match the US cities, though, so it's nothing that some real comprehensive social programs can deal with.

My take on all of this..
The media are overexagerrating the crimes in Toronto. And it is very well prepared too. It seems like they have an ulterior-motive. One of their aims is to just strengthen prejudice and two, increase the police forces. In Toronto, there are teacher, nurse, doctor shortage; none of them get a great pay either. Yet there are many out there proposing that we should increase the police force. :roll: In the GTA there is 5 cops per 1 person in most of the GTA. They have more "clandestine" operations in donut stores or Shoppers Drug Mart. Even when I'm take a walk to Shoppers at 2AM to get some utencils (bristol board, etc), I see a bunch of police offers wandering the store. And this was when, crime was reaching its highs, almost fives years back. :shock:

My post may sound like an echo, but I don't think that gang crime is that much of an issue. Instead poverty is a problem and when we have ~15% of Canada's population below the poverty line (even more worse than US) then it is a big problem. Get rid of that than Canada is even more safer city. I am quite sure, most in Toronto or any part of the world would want less poverty in their community.

PS: Looking forward to here views from others. :)

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 27th, 2005, 8:56 pm

Roy_2k5 wrote:It really depends. Gangs usually appear, because of the economic or even political environment. Gangs in Toronto does sound like a contradiction in many ways. Many parts of the Greater Toronto Area are just filthy rich.

The Regions in the GTA..

York region: Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, etc are filthy rich; the number of posh houses infers little gang activity. That region reminds me of some anglo-saxon community, but with a mainly migrant population. I highly doubt, anyone with such living standards would join gangs. More of them are going to university, especially the higher up ones, like UofT.

Peel Region: Brampton, Mississauaga, Caledon are rich too, especially Mississuaga, since many want the city to seperate from GTA. Caledon is all rural and Brampton is doing fine. There might be gangs down there, but they are more like crews. That doesn't mean they aren't deadly; it should not be that difficult for those guys to procure arms and then go kill a next person, that is, if they're willing to give up their nice living standards. Hey some have done it...

Halton: No gangs here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the white folks got a shotgun per family. Doing exceptionally well, since the agro sector is heavily subsidized in Canada. Those guys earn too much, along with the police forces.

Durham: Filthy rich too. Even though areas like Ajax has a good number of Blacks, they earn mad money too. We're talking about over $70,000 per household, ~3 members per household averages. That means most of the kids are freaking spoiled and live in heated households.

GTA = It's a financial heaven. In the Toronto core, it differs, slightly.

Toronto

Downtown: St. James Town is just awful, plenty of projects and seems more like a potential gang-breeding grounds. However, I hear nothing on television and they speak of far-fetched ideas like Scarborough turning into the next Compton. :shock:

Most of the neighborhoods in Toronto are pretty decent. The three that probably contradict my claim includes: [Includes my view as well]

Etobicoke:
Clarification: Most of Etobicoke, seems fairly safe. My grandmother is down there and she's the type that would definitely react big time to gang violence. If it was really big, she wouldn't be living in Etobicoke.

Rexdale: The Rexdale area has a massive manufacturing complex, so it is possible that the slow growth in the manufacturing sector has been causing unemployment down there. I'm not sure, though. What I do know is that many that move out of Rexdale in order to live in the more posh areas of York Rexdale ain't too poor, many live really nice in the Albion area and what-not. When I was down there, I remember seeing quite a good number of houses. Many drive cars and there are plenty of South Asians down there and they live nice. There does exist South Asian gangs, mainly Tamil (i.e. VVT), but gangbanging US style is rare. There are many that could easily a next person, but that is related to money-related issues. The same applies to the black gangs down there, but I don't anything more about them. My uncle who used to live in Rexdale sees crime as more of an issue down in Scarborough versus Rexdale. He's a lot more balanced, so I guess his view is fairly legit.

North York: There are many different views regarding this area. I know few living in Yonge-Eglinton and that area is far form dangerous. It is more like dangerously wealthy. You got million dollar complexes down in North York: Bridle Path, to be precise. On the other hand, Jane & Finch can be pretty dangerous, which means the pretty frequent gangbanging down there. The two ethnic groups behind them are the Blacks and the Vietnamese. The reason why we see so much crime there is because of the huge metro housing complexes. They seem like recipes for disaster and it seems like there are forces up that want ghettos to stay,... if they didn't then these areas would have been poverty-free long time.

Scarborough: I have been down here, for most of my 12 years in Canada. I don't know, I find it quite quiet. There do exist gangs and many love to smoke marijuana, but that's fair. Gang wars do happen, but they are definitely not occuring daily, let alone a death daily. I feel that many down here wants to see deaths occur daily. I don't know how to react to that. But areas like Guildwood, Port Union, etc are far from dangerous; it's more like dangerously rich areas. In Highland Creek, there are probably more racoons out there than gangs. Fights in schools do occur, though. We hear of suicide, rape, etc, like in Luxembourg.

I'm living in Scarborough West, one of the poorer parts of Scarborough and it seems like living standards are not too bad. The projects down here aren't massive and are mainly comprised of East Africans, Jamaicans and whites. As for crime, many especially the media (I'm calling out CityTV) are pointing at Jamaicans (they use the term Black, instead) as the ones mainly involved in street crime. But if you actually go around area-to-area, many of the younger South Asians will claim that Browns are doing more crazy stunts than Jamaicans. I am not sure, which is true. I am aware that there does exist many crazy Brown gangs, especially the Tamil ones. South Asians tend to live better off, though, but there are quite a number living in the projects. I have a hard time figuring out the situation, because most South Asians don't like to associate themselves with lower living standards, while Jamaican adults would have no labelling much of their community as poor. The reason I look at poverty is because street gangs only exist in areas with heavy poverty, if we're talking about the crews in say,

Areas like Malvern, West Hill were pretty active years back, especially down in Galloway. Malvern isn't as intense as the media claims, because I used play soccer down there quite frequently, yet I never heard a gun shot, let alone daily. Crime has been declining substantially in those areas too. Browns in those areas tend to have higher living standards so crime was probably never that intense in that area to begin with. The Jamaican and/or Blacks (I don't know about East Africans) were behind most of the crime in those areas (according to the media). Others claim that Browns, Russians, etc contribute a huge number of the crimes.

Toronto: Most of the city is fairly safe; but maybe the 1.7 per 100,000 crime rate would go a bit over 2 if it's just the crime rate for Toronto. The figure doesn't match the US cities, though, so it's nothing that some real comprehensive social programs can deal with.

My take on all of this..
The media are overexagerrating the crimes in Toronto. And it is very well prepared too. It seems like they have an ulterior-motive. One of their aims is to just strengthen prejudice and two, increase the police forces. In Toronto, there are teacher, nurse, doctor shortage; none of them get a great pay either. Yet there are many out there proposing that we should increase the police force. :roll: In the GTA there is 5 cops per 1 person in most of the GTA. They have more "clandestine" operations in donut stores or Shoppers Drug Mart. Even when I'm take a walk to Shoppers at 2AM to get some utencils (bristol board, etc), I see a bunch of police offers wandering the store. And this was when, crime was reaching its highs, almost fives years back. :shock:

My post may sound like an echo, but I don't think that gang crime is that much of an issue. Instead poverty is a problem and when we have ~15% of Canada's population below the poverty line (even more worse than US) then it is a big problem. Get rid of that than Canada is even more safer city. I am quite sure, most in Toronto or any part of the world would want less poverty in their community.

PS: Looking forward to here views from others. :)
Thank you for letting everybody know.

It's about time somebody told the truth.

Toronto

Unread post by Toronto » November 30th, 2005, 4:33 pm

True say what you typed....but some things....scarbrough aint that bad as people claim...but i have lived in malvern my whole life...in empringham...and I can tell you it was very very bad. Now its juss bad. Im not saying shootings happen everyday but yeah. Malvern is weird though. Theres big houses than in bewteen them houses are the co-ops and buildings...its fucked. But its not really gangs here. Its more turn wars. Like Empringham and Crosstraxx have mad beef with Crow Trail, Wickson trail and bearner trail. Yeah though highland creek and all those place them houses are HUGE!!! but....as of right now Malvern on a whole....just dont go into the complexs or near the buildings are it will be good. PS. I am not trying to glamerize violence or gangs....Id be happier to say that malvern is a good area to live in but im not going to lie to myself. Thats all...peace out.

peace2dastreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Hmmm

Unread post by peace2dastreets » November 30th, 2005, 8:14 pm

Thats a fairly good description of the GTA i think. One neighbourhood i think u maybe forgot about or don't kno much about is Chinatown. Chinatown is pretty grimey these days. I'll always remember being down there and i met a kid who was 13 carrying a machete and was down with a gang already. That kinda messed me up and got me thinkin cuz back then i was really into the whole asian gangster culture. And sometimes its hard to analyze when ur not part of an ethnicity to see what its like in some regions. Yeah i'll concede that most of York region is a pretty safe place, but to go from there to assume that gang activity isn't widespread isn't that correct. There are lots of 'affluent' chinese and azn gangs up around there especially around that asian hub around Pacific Mall and that area. Lot of kids up there want respect or all that so they join gangs or things. I mean, being poor ain't the only reason why people join gangs. Markham, in York also, and scarborough also has a lot of Tamil tiger gangs. I think when it comes to asians and tamils and koreans and all that, there's definitely less shootings and murders going around. But there's definitely plenty of rushings, fighting, stabbings and dissapearances that happen that most people kno nothing about.

peace2dastreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by peace2dastreets » November 30th, 2005, 8:36 pm

oh yeah, here's just a partial list of gang names that operate/recently operated on the azn scene... add or take off any if u've heard any of them have died off or new ones been formed... i kno some of them are deffunct cuz i took this list down when i was younger haha...

Saigon souljah [§s]
black dragons [BD]
viet pak [VP]
viet khmer [VK]
Rice curry connections[RCC]
asian bloodz [AB]
B-town boiz[BTB]
Crazy buddah [cb]
big circle boiz [BcB]
Luen Kung Lok [KL]
18 Buddah
Asian Assassins [AA]
Chin Pak [CP]
Project Originale [PO] (mostly blacks actually, but kinda down with AA)
Jane n' Finch crew [JnF] (mostly viets)
Fukienese Dragon [FD]
Flying Eagle
Young Assassins [Y-A]
Young and Dangerous [YnD]
Ju Liang Bao a.k.a. United Bamboo (more like triad than gang, but they got young 'gangbanging' members)
Sup Say K a.k.a. 14K.... kinda like United Bamboo

Btw, i don't display all this cuz i'm proud of gangs and asian gangs and stuff. To me gang violence and culture is wrong in all cases.

Trey
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trey » November 30th, 2005, 11:31 pm

14K and United Bamboo are organized crime (Triads), not street gangs. They are a very selective group. The "young gangbangin" members you are describing are probably just using the name.

Kung Lok and Big Circle are also organized crime not street gangs but not as structured as 14K biggest Triad in the world or United Bamboo.

peace2dastreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by peace2dastreets » November 30th, 2005, 11:43 pm

Hmmm... Well its kinda hard to explain or draw the definte line. Like the 14K and the United bamboo... they got some young members but they're not recruitin youngins in the same numbers as other gangs u kno? I know a guy who was in 14k it when he was 15 and that was kind of for family ties. I mean u won't see people representin it on their xanga webpages or anything. But they do have some street cred. But like within Fob communiteis, especially for United Bamboo among the taiwanese, they have a rep. But ur right to say they're not a street gang.

I gotta say i disagree on the thing about Kung Lok. Kung Lok has been a street gang from day one in the 70's when they took over chinatown. But there has always been two stories to KL... There are kids running the streets, and adults running the business. But trust me, these days, there are plenty of kids running around repping KL. Maybe KL is more business organized than most other 'street gangs', but to say that they don't have a street gang presence wouldn't be accurate. But yeah, ur right tho.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » December 3rd, 2005, 3:00 am

viewtopic.php?t=10473&highlight=

Check this article: Toronto gun deaths in 2005 reach a record high (50) bringin the total number of murders in 2005 to 74, the highest ever recorded in Toronto was 88 back in 1991.

Roy_2k5
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Roy_2k5 » December 3rd, 2005, 1:31 pm

I'm gonna have to say it, despite being un-PC. :twisted:

The big problem in Toronto is not gang violence, it is organized crime for heaven sakes. I still remember one police calling out organized crime as the problems versus street gangs, but the media used methods to keep that message out of our head. Something you wonder, why things are the way they are... Anyways, the city of Toronto isn't ready for street gangs. The poverty level is quite high but that isn't enough. Gang violence gradually developed in the US, so don't expect it to occur in a decade for Toronto, because this city ain't "special". Let's hope we don't see the "help yourself" attittude being adopted by Canada.

The problem I see with many is perception. Everyone assumes that blacks are all the same. Just as many believe that whites are the same, even though most whites from Central, Eastern, or Southern Europe don't even believe in that notion other than in politics. Anyways, the black population in Canada is totally different from the African-American counterpart. The big chunk of Blacks are Jamaicans and East Africans. The latter are barely involved in street crime; I have been "hearing" highscale stuff but that's just hearsay. Similarly, only a few of the Jamaican gangs are actually doing something and hence they drive nice cars and shit. The rest of them are still quite timid, like the AAs decades back. Bad signs like dropping out of school is evident, but they hardly do illegal activities like other ethnic groups who actually cash big. Add to that, they tend to be very idle. I don't blame them, in Canada, many expect Jamaicans and other blacks to be identical to African-Americans. So gangbanging and all the stuff associated with African-Americans.

Yes, multiculturalism at best. :roll:

This is why in the media, we never hear of the South Asian, Eastern European, East-Asian, and white gangs. They tend to be a lot more sophisticated, selling small stuff to big items. No examples need to be provided, since it could be anything. The South Asian and Vietnamese tend to be viscious using weapons conventional arms coupled with unorthodox arms. :shock: We still don't hear anything.

Here's the homicide chart:
http://www.thestar.com/static/googlemap ... icides.xml

My point? The media is a nympho and they work harder when they are given money in roles that excel in naturally. They are being paid by "circles" to:

1. further augment the police forces.
2. draw economic activity from inner Toronto to the GTA.
3. draw attention away from real business.

--> 1.
Police here cry about being understaffed yet everyone in Scarborough is fully aware of the huge number of police cars. These divisions seem like a f**king auto show at times. Most of the time I was told that the police "recon" missions are aimless. It is pretty obvious that the media has brainwashed the police officers too. Now they feel stressed for being paranoid and then claim to be working overtime. I really don't care how they feel though, they get 50k and that's good enough for them. There are times when many call police and shit support. While they can cover their kids expenses, a good section of Toronto cannot.

Teachers are running low in Toronto and the broke areas got less teachers and heck lot more mediocre ones. Add to that a backward education system that tends to have the most un-multicultural history in the world. I hear more about the Greeks, European this, usually because the teacher is some antique moron. I shall go more into that later, but the only way to turn kids competitive is to give them some esteem (based on Truth). The teachers these days are not skilled, not to mention as aimless as the cops so kids are skipping classes. Now even rich family members have their kids taking the wrong term. Just as slavery proven, humans are connected regardless of race, ethnicity, etc. Invest in an education system that turns the smart into stupid and the stupid into stupider*; and slowly expect others elsewhere to get affected. Lets not forget doctor and nurse shortages along with the fact that they are underpaid. That just increase inefficiency. And 2/3 parties are looking to get a private variant, so the lower-income Canadians are left out. The other party (NDP) seems to be doing a right thing, but their plans in general will decrease competitiveness in the lower-income communities.

Last paragraph regarding 1. While the police stations are akin to fully armed villages, the RCMP on the other hand is understaffed. Now think about it, what does RCMP do? That's right genius, they deal with organized crime and criminals of such level. Now you see why the nyphomaniac media would go all out to project this so called gang violence. They are being paid by their daddies to ensure that the big boys stay big. Whether that is the organized crime bodies, police forces, or the body that wants their community to stay in the top without requiring much of a climb in competition.

--> 2.
Areas like Rexdale and Malvern has significant economic activity. They cannot be compared to the neighborhoods in Comptom. Rexdale still has plenty of economic activity, not to mention a manufacturing base. The other areas are just jealous and want this activity to go their "turf". No wonder, Sauga wants out. Scarborough probably would have been better off seperated from toronto, because economc activity is present. The huge Chinese population are quite wealthy along with others. The nympho-media is running around with their crap so that these wealthy population leaves Scarborough. And yes, they move out with their money. And when that happens, less jobs. For some reason (I wonder am I just being satirical?), Blacks tend to look like potential villains. The hitler-like media has really warped minds and I don't care if humans are moral agents who can discern good from bad, because history tells us otherwise.

--> 3. This is a given. Shyne also speaks of this in one his tracks. It goes something like, "who owns the ports?".

Conclusion:
It's pretty obvious that corruption can never be countered, they even say that Jesus himself couldn't do it. But whatever. All I see is a need for a competitive economy in which all ethnic groups will be willing to strive to the top. I don't want to hear: I ain't smart enough, I'm lazy, whatever the hell. Toronto needs to become South Korea. 8)

Let me make another point: No Torontonian wants Scarborough to become Compton, Harlem or the other low-income hoods of the US. The cultures from both are nice, but certainly not the crime associated with those areas. However, I know of many Canadians hoping for this to occur. Watching TV daily for the "good" news, but they are usually rich or very idle. If you're idle, get back to fucking school and take over shit like the others. If you're rich, start giving up your wealth. Heck, you can even invest into poorer communities and get a profit in return. :wink:

Many Chinese and South Asians have been investing in malls and plazas down in Scarborough, so that's is definitely a start. Kuddos. :)

Trey
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trey » December 3rd, 2005, 3:07 pm

^^^

Great post.

I agree even though the media portrays Toronto's street gangs to be such a problem the CISC/RCMP don't even have them listed as a priority when it comes to organized crime/gang crime in Canada.

Roy_2k5
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Roy_2k5 » December 4th, 2005, 9:06 am

Trey wrote:^^^

Great post.

I agree even though the media portrays Toronto's street gangs to be such a problem the CISC/RCMP don't even have them listed as a priority when it comes to organized crime/gang crime in Canada.
I know, I found that hilarious. :lol: :lol:

gino
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by gino » November 6th, 2007, 9:52 pm

i read in an article that eastern european gangs are huge in southern ontario, and that asian and eastern european gangs are talked about alot in the media down there. can anybody tell me more about that? and what kind of crews or gangs there are. i know there not street gangs, even in there young they prb dont act like that. i knew some people who usto go to hamilton or w/e and missassauga they said there wus quiet a bit of polish and russian organized crime there and viet or something?

gino
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by gino » November 6th, 2007, 10:31 pm

The Major Players
There are approximately 18 active transnational criminal organizations represented in Canada, including Asian triads, Colombian cartels, Japanese yakuza, Jamaican posses, Mafia groups from the USA, Calabria and Sicily, Russian/Eastern European mafiyas, Nigerian crime groups and major outlaw motorcycle gangs. In recent years, a great deal of media attention has been paid to Russian/Eastern European based organizations.

http://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/en/newsroom/ ... nder10.asp

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » November 7th, 2007, 8:19 am

Aint there a Mafia in Canada they call the "6th Family" ? Not sure if its in Toronto though?

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » November 7th, 2007, 8:23 am

Though only considered a soldier of the New York Bonanno crime family by the FBI, Rizzuto is considered by Canadian officials to be the most powerful mob boss in the country. Some observers consider that the strength of the Rizzuto clan rivals that of any of the Five Families in New York and dubbed it the Sixth Family. Rizzuto worked closely with the Sicilian Cuntrera-Caruana clan – major illicit drug traffickers – that was led in Canada by Alfonso Caruana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vito_Rizzuto

Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Unread post by Babmuk » November 14th, 2007, 1:22 pm

6.5 years i lived in JnF-215 Gosford blvd and i can tell that a lot of those young so called gangsters r just trying to copy US lifestyle.US style wanna be gangbangers.

the-game155

Unread post by the-game155 » November 20th, 2007, 11:47 pm

To those who dont cant see gangs being in Canada, I dont blame you, but it happens.
Even though its on the other side of the country, the Black Mafia Family ( I think? Either way it was a gang like them) has been found in Edmonton. And Toronto has the first projects ever built