Puerto Ricans on the West Coast

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
carltouss619
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: pUeRtO RiCaNZ ON the West CoaSt

Unread post by carltouss619 » March 26th, 2007, 9:14 pm

SHADY wrote:R tHEY Down with RaZA mOre OR wItH AfrO AmeRIcaNS ?
Yo this is Ab from the ZULU NATION in New Jersey and Im Boriqua. Why cant they be down with both. I want to know whats wrong with being a family or and entire group in unity???

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 26th, 2007, 9:48 pm

i dont know why but the pr's from new york/new jerz tri state area have they own seperate style from the rest of the pr's outside of it

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 26th, 2007, 10:12 pm

The only boriquans I know in Cali are from NY/East Coast

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » March 26th, 2007, 10:55 pm

My mom is PR/Venezuelan. And she use to kick it with the chicanas. I guess it depends where they stay at.

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » March 26th, 2007, 11:02 pm

vico-sal@hotmail.com wrote:
Y.G. wrote:
mangler wrote:
NYorker wrote:Panik,
I respect what you learned in your anthropology class....peace. But if you look at physical characteristics of a broad spectrum of Puerto ricans you can see ones that have:
1: african traits
2:mulatto traits
3:mestizo traits
4:european traits
4:(the best) a mixture of all of the above
I am glad you are doing good things Panik, peace
the same goes for CUBANS.

*it seems that carribean Hispanics are the ones with the black mix...

*are brazilians considered Hispanics, since they <b>dont speak spanish</b>, but there in Latin American?

*same question for belizians?

BRAZILIANS AREN'T HISPANIC THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK SPANISH MY MOM IS BRAZILIAN AND THEY ARE BLAcK JUST LIKE WE WERE BROUGHT OF HERE IN SLAVE SHIPS SO WERE THEY. YOU GOT SOME THAT ARE BLAcK/PORTUGUESE THOUGH.
funny how you black fools think pRS are kool with you gusy but you dont know the shit thats really said-no latino wants their child to be dark skinned its like the worst stigma in ALL latino cultures-even dominican be denying they black heritage
:lol:

Do you even beleive the shit that you say?

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » March 26th, 2007, 11:12 pm

TheReal wrote:My response to S-Doobie:

Another thing devil, black folks history is unlike the history of your people, in the sense that we were brought over from another land mass, into a foreign environment, where the hellish and diabolically oppressive slavemasters attempted to rob and thoroughly extract any semblance of African culture, whereas it wasn’t the same with your people, nor was it as intense. Your people didn’t have to go through centuries of chattel slavery, on this land, where your collective and racial identity was constantly on the attack, to where it only allowed you to produce a new cultural ethos, that lays dormant within every human being. A spark even, within, that will effectively meld your racial soul (which can never be killed) with your new environment, therefore producing outputs that are vibrant and revolutionary.
What do you call the Spanish conquest in th 1500's then?

The Panch
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by The Panch » April 23rd, 2007, 11:31 am

I just wanna point out to whoever it was that said barely half of Ricans have Taino in them, 60% of Ricans had Taino ancestry from there maternal side and I think 6-8% on the paternal side. Meaning, between 60-68% of Ricans have Taino ancestry. Dont look at people like Jimmy Smits and tell me there are no Ricans with a significant amount of Taino in them cause that's a lie, just like saying most are half Spanish and half Black when in reality, the majority of Ricans(not the VAST) look like Spanish people with some African features(namely the ass, sometimes the hair, n such)

Realistically, there's almost 3 times as many Afro-Mexicans as Afro-Ricans and even tho its greatly exaggerated because of the way that island looks at race, 80.5% of Ricans are classified as "White" implying mostly of Spanish origin, or times entirely Spanish origin.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 23rd, 2007, 6:09 pm

it dosent mean they are white, mexicans do that too as both of them have the option of putting themselves down as white or black ect.

The Panch
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by The Panch » April 23rd, 2007, 6:34 pm

TeeKay wrote:it dosent mean they are white, mexicans do that too as both of them have the option of putting themselves down as white or black ect.
Im not talking about here in the United States. Im saying is in Puerto Rico, if you come from a mostly Spanish origin, even if you got an afro n shit, you're classified as white cause that's what you mostly are.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 3rd, 2007, 4:02 pm

THERE ARE ( 3 ) DIFFERENT RACES LIVING ON THE ISLAND OF PUERTO RICO , : WHITE , BLACK , INDIANS , & AND MIX RACE PEOPLE ,......BLACKS ARE - ROBERTO CLEMENTE , AND OTHER BLACK AFRICANOS ......THEN YOU HAVE WHITE ONES LIKE - RICKY MARTIN AND DE LAHOYAS WIFE , AND MARC ANTHONY......

3 DIFFERENT RACES ARE ON THAT ISLAND , BLACKS PEOPLE ARE NOT HARD PEOPLE TO POINT OUT ...AHAHA LOL , LIKE CELIA CRUZ.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 3rd, 2007, 4:03 pm

CELIA CRUZ IS AFRO - CUBAN .....BUT SAME TOPIC ,

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » June 3rd, 2007, 4:20 pm

The Panch wrote:
TeeKay wrote:it dosent mean they are white, mexicans do that too as both of them have the option of putting themselves down as white or black ect.
Im not talking about here in the United States. Im saying is in Puerto Rico, if you come from a mostly Spanish origin, even if you got an afro n shit, you're classified as white cause that's what you mostly are.
Nah they classify u as brown or black either one. Lloyd Banks is PuertoRican and same with Jim Jones and they considered black.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » June 3rd, 2007, 6:13 pm

Both Lloyd Banks and Juelz sanatana are half rican.

Banks is Haitian on his daddys side

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 4th, 2007, 7:10 am

exactly half .....and they came out with black features , not ricky martin white puerto rican features.....they rapp , they dont do salsa....lol

The Panch
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by The Panch » June 4th, 2007, 10:32 am

NICKELS wrote:THERE ARE ( 3 ) DIFFERENT RACES LIVING ON THE ISLAND OF PUERTO RICO , : WHITE , BLACK , INDIANS , & AND MIX RACE PEOPLE ,......BLACKS ARE - ROBERTO CLEMENTE , AND OTHER BLACK AFRICANOS ......THEN YOU HAVE WHITE ONES LIKE - RICKY MARTIN AND DE LAHOYAS WIFE , AND MARC ANTHONY......

3 DIFFERENT RACES ARE ON THAT ISLAND , BLACKS PEOPLE ARE NOT HARD PEOPLE TO POINT OUT ...AHAHA LOL , LIKE CELIA CRUZ.
There's only 3 races in the world(there's a 4th but it doesnt matter anyhow)

Richboy17 wrote:
The Panch wrote:
Nah they classify u as brown or black either one. Lloyd Banks is PuertoRican and same with Jim Jones and they considered black.
umm....Lloyd Banks is atleast half black from his Haitian father, but I dont know what his mom looks like. She could be black as hell or not at all.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 4th, 2007, 11:23 pm

;;pyd banks is half puerto rican.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 6th, 2007, 10:01 pm

You can find small pockets of Puerto Ricans on the West Coast. I think they are about 9.6% or so of the non-white hispanic population. I think most of them are related to Sonny in some way... lol. j/k.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 6th, 2007, 11:47 pm

WHERE DID DELAHOYA MEET HIS WIFE AT SHES A WHITE PUERTO RICAN AND SHE MADE HIM GET A HOUSE IN PUERTO RICO ....DID THEY MEET IN CALI ??

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 6th, 2007, 11:49 pm

RICKY MARTIN & AND JENNIFER LOPEZ AND MARC ANTHONY ALL HAVE HOMES OR SPOTS IN CALIFORNIA ..... ARE THERE LATIN KINGS AND NETAS GANGS IN CALIFORNIA

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 7th, 2007, 10:04 am

Not for long.
NICKELS wrote:RICKY MARTIN & AND JENNIFER LOPEZ AND MARC ANTHONY ALL HAVE HOMES OR SPOTS IN CALIFORNIA ..... ARE THERE LATIN KINGS AND NETAS GANGS IN CALIFORNIA

Black_Kingz86
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Black_Kingz86 » June 8th, 2007, 2:28 pm

Method man is half Puerto rican too.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » June 8th, 2007, 10:46 pm

NICKELS wrote:RICKY MARTIN & AND JENNIFER LOPEZ AND MARC ANTHONY ALL HAVE HOMES OR SPOTS IN CALIFORNIA ..... ARE THERE LATIN KINGS AND NETAS GANGS IN CALIFORNIA
wtf does that have to do with PRs on the west coast?

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 9th, 2007, 11:54 am

TEEKAY ARE YOU PUERTO RICAN ?? YOUR VERY SENSITIVE FOR SIMPLE RESPONES OF POST

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » June 9th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Naw, i wasnt bein sensitive, and im not rican :) But i was just wounderin what you meant .

gocubz88

Unread post by gocubz88 » December 3rd, 2007, 3:01 am

Anonymous wrote:
Y.G. wrote:I ALWAYS HEAR PUERTO RICANS AND MEXICANS DISS EACH OTHER THEY REALLY DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER. ON THE EASTCOAST I SEE THAT PUERTO RICANS GET A LONG GOOD WITH BLACKS BETTER THAN BLACKS AND MEXICANS.
YEAH THATS TRUE...ITS MAINLY CUZZ MEXICANS BE REALLY NOT LIKING HOW PR'S ACT AND I CAN UNDERSTAND BUT ITS DIFFERENT LIFESTYLES THEY BE SAYING HOW WE ACT LIKE WANNABE "NIGGERS" AND SHIT...AND ITS NOT THAT WE WANNABE'S BUT ITS THAT WE JUST WAS RAISED IN A CULTURE THAT IS EASY TO SAY WADUP MY NIGGA OR EASY TO DRESS WITH ENYCE BAGGY PANTS AND A FITTED AND SOME AIR FORCE 1's THATS JUST HOW ALL P'RS ARE...COMPARED TO MEXICANS THAT LIKE TO DRESS WITH BUTTON UP SHIRTS AND SLACKS AND SHIT....SO ITS DIFFERENT TASTE
Let me start by saying that the hatred between latinos is wrong. i was born and raised in chicago. the northside. but its different here in the chi. i consider it sort of a balance of NY and LA. i mean the Chi is in the middle. but regarding the races disliking each other ( i for one find it disgusting when i hear someone of my race talk shit and bash another race especially a latino race. in my opinion it just makes me and my race look stupid and ignorant) its not all that bad here as in the 2 coasts. i also happen to know a bunch of mexiricans. basically we more united here than on the coasts. regarding ricans and mexicans looking significantly different well let me start by mentioning im mexican. straight up mexican. but i cannot tell you on how many occasions people thought and considered me puerto rican or cuban. i have several witnesses to back me up hahaha. people tend to have a stereotype of mexicans looking short and "indio" with a very brown skin complexion with really thin straight hair. on the contrary i am a tall mexican with real thick and curly hair. its not odd if you find me on the street with braids. basically people would not consider me or believe that i am mexican if i ever wandered in california. there are many mexicans out here that be down with the "black" or "puerto rican" style. basically its cuz we all ghetto here. blacks dont really have beef with mexicans and ricans here either. the GIST of this: Racism exists in chicago but not really between ricans n mexicans. we cool with each other. I gots love for all latinos in chicago. but i got no love for ignorant racists of any race. the style is different in chicago for latinos. none of that "ese" and "cholo" shit here. im proof that not all mexicans fit the stereotype. i was once thought to be half black hahaha. o and stay in school kids.

TAC MONSTER
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TAC MONSTER » December 3rd, 2007, 3:46 pm

Anonymous wrote:i find that very hard especially when alot of island hispanic like dominicans p'rs cuban etc. dont like to associate with mexicans since they on that calling us mayate shit...
alot of ese's don't know they got black roots just like PR & they got "tintos" & "mayates" in their own culture.there is african influence in alot of their culture.

they are just ignorant.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » December 3rd, 2007, 9:41 pm

TAC MONSTER wrote:
Anonymous wrote:i find that very hard especially when alot of island hispanic like dominicans p'rs cuban etc. dont like to associate with mexicans since they on that calling us mayate shit...
alot of ese's don't know they got black roots just like PR & they got "tintos" & "mayates" in their own culture.there is african influence in alot of their culture.

they are just ignorant.
most ese's dont realize black slaves were bangin mexican ladies that were in the west and mess back in the day when america was first found by europeans and slaves were brought

TAC MONSTER
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TAC MONSTER » December 4th, 2007, 5:47 pm

pistolslanga wrote:
TAC MONSTER wrote:

they are just ignorant.
most ese's dont realize black slaves were bangin mexican ladies that were in the west and mess back in the day when america was first found by europeans and slaves were brought
yea i didn't always know this either, but i started to study african diaspora.

black slaves brought to mexico mixed in with the white & indian populations.there was alot more mixing going on in latin america then here in the US.thats why mexicos black population is barely noticable now.like you said alot don't realize this tho.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » December 4th, 2007, 6:37 pm

TAC MONSTER wrote:
pistolslanga wrote:
TAC MONSTER wrote:

they are just ignorant.

black slaves brought to mexico mixed in with the white & indian populations.there was alot more mixing going on in latin america then here in the US.thats why mexicos black population is barely noticable now.like you said alot don't realize this tho.

Very intresting map bro 5% to the states I did't know that.

TAC MONSTER
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TAC MONSTER » December 4th, 2007, 8:44 pm

twocost wrote:
TAC MONSTER wrote:
pistolslanga wrote:
TAC MONSTER wrote:

they are just ignorant.

Very intresting map bro 5% to the states I did't know that.
yep african americans ancestors were only 5% of the slave trade.

TAC MONSTER
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TAC MONSTER » December 4th, 2007, 8:51 pm

pistolslanga wrote:
TAC MONSTER wrote:

they are just ignorant.
here a good quote that explains it.
In Richard Price’s book Maroon Societies (1979) he documents that among Africans and natives during the colonial period “Indian women would rather marry Negroes than Indians; and neither more or less, Negroes prefer to marry Indian women rather than Negresses, so that their children will be born free”. Price quoted this from a history by H. H. Bancroft published in 1877 refering to colonial Mexico.El Salvador’s African population lived under similar circumstances, and the mixing of African men with native women was common during colonial times.

http://www.bjmjr.net/afromestizo/el_salvador.htm

^^it was like this in alot of latin countries not just mexico, so as a result of this many so-called "mestizo" latinos have a percentage of african ancestry in them.

gocubz88

Unread post by gocubz88 » December 7th, 2007, 12:00 am

Anonymous wrote:
TomTom wrote:@GAME…I DIDN’T EVEN READ YOUR POST B4 I REPLIED…U’RE SPEAKIN ON XACTLY WHAT I’M REPLYING NOW HOMEY….I WOULD BE IN JUVENILE HALL AND THE Grand Boulevard CeNTRAL, Grand barrio Warriors, AND Downtown Juaritos WOULD BE CALLIN THEM “MAYATES”, AND FAKES CAUZE THEY LOOKED BLACK, AND HUNG WITH BLACKS…BUT THE PR’S COULD SPEAK SPANISH JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM…I LATER MET SOME SOUTH-SIDE LOKOS WHO WERE REAL COOL AND RUN THESE PJ’S OUT HERR AND THEY TOLD ME THERE SIDE…THEY WOULD SAY IT’S NO DISREPSECT 2 OTHER BLACKS, BUT THESE FOOLS DON’T SEEM 2 RECOGNIZE LATINO HERITAGE OR SOMETHIN…BUT THE PR’S WOULD BE LIKE THEY’RE FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CULTURE THEN MEXICANS…HELL I DON’T KNOW..THIS IS JUST WHAT THEY SAY OUT HERR!!!
BRO NO DISRESPECT BUT IM DOMINICAN AND PUERTO RICAN AND IM FROM NYC BUT I GOT FAMILIA IN CALI AND THEY TELL ME HOW THEY LOOKED UPON BY MEXICAN HAS "MAYATE WANNABEES" NO PUERTO RICAN WILL TELL U THEY NOT HISPANIC OR DENY THEIR CULTURE NO MATTER HOW BLACK THEY MIGHT LOOK THE ONLY THING IS THAT THEY ARE ALOT OF MEXICANS IN CALI THAT BE CALLING PRS OR ANY ISLAND HISPANICS MAYATE WANNABEES CUZZ WE MIGHT SAY NIGGA INSTEAD OR SAYING ESE BUT THIS ALL GOES DOWN IN CALI CUZZ CHI TOWN MEXICANS OR NY MEXICANS SAY NIGGA AND NOT FOR NOTHIN BUT WE CANT HELP IT IF WE HAVE BLACK CULTURE RUNNIN THRU OUR BLOODLINE...SHIT EVEN MEXICANS HAVE BLACK BLOOD IN THEM AND IF THEY DENY IT THEY JUST ON SOME BS OR EITHER DONT HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR MIXED CULTURE....BUT WE ALL HISPANIC SO AINT NO HATE FOR NO ONE....
YEAH MAN I FEEL YA. I AGREE with YA COMPLETELY. IN MY OPINION THE LATINOS IN CALI ARE RACIST. ESPECIALLY THE MEXICANS THERE. IM MEXICAN BUT AT TIMES I FEEL DAMN EMBARASSED TO BE THE SAME RACE AS THOSE IGNORANT IDIOTS. CAUSE IM FROM CHICAGO AND THE MEXICANS ARE REAL COOL WITH THE RICANS AND BLACKS. I GOT LOVE FOR ALL LATINOS. I AGREE WE GOT BLACK BLOOD RUNNIN THROUGH US. EVEN MEXICANS. HAHAHA IM A GOOD EXAMPLE. ITS NOT ODD THAT PEOPLE CONSIDER ME RICAN OR HALF BLACK OR SOMETHING. AND I KNOW ITS NOT CUZ OF MY FRO AND BRAIDS HAHAHA. BUT NAH MAN WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT NOT ALL MEXICANS ARE IGNORANT AND RACIST. ONLY THE ONES FROM CALI.