The Wire: Latest Episode

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

The Wire: Latest Episode

Unread post by Aquafresh » February 19th, 2008, 4:19 pm

THEY GOT OMAR, DOG.......they got Omar :x Despite that one "character flaw," he was one of my favorite's.

They could have let him go out with something more dramatic than just gettin' snuck. Don't tell me ya'll Negro's missed it :?: :!:

I got a feeling Marlow is just going to go to prison for a long, long time in the end. I think the writer's believe death is too "easy" for his character.

I'm still "pissed" (but not really; the shit is just a Gangsta Soap Opera when you think about it) about Omar, though. :roll:

stabone21

Unread post by stabone21 » February 27th, 2008, 1:25 pm

I COULD NOT BELIEVE THEY GOT OMAR ALSO, ALSO MY FAV OF THE SHOW, MAN THAT CAME OUT OF NO WHERE. I AM ALSO 100% WITH YOU, FAV OF THE SHOW EXCEPT FOR HIS FAULT, MAN HE IS THE ONLY GAY PERSON I HAVE EVER LIKED IN ANY SHOW, AWESOME SEASON SO FAR

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » February 27th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Yeah, I fell you; but, at least they got Snoop too. I hated that bitch (her character on the show, of course. I say that 'cause her real street name is Snoop). I hate Marlow & every Nigga in his crew except, Chris & Mike.

Through analyzing the show, it seems as if the young characters are sort of replacing the old one's. For example, Mike, now that Marlow has made him "food" & he has killed Snoop (sorry if ya'll haven't seen that episode yet), seems like he's replacing Omar in a sense. Mike's homeboy, Dookie, seems like he's gon' be the new Bubbles (he's basically homeless now & hanging out with' junkies. It's only a matter of time)....

stabone21

Unread post by stabone21 » February 28th, 2008, 9:22 am

SNOOP GOT KILLED? How did I miss that?? Who killed Snoop? Was it in the previews becaused i was not able to catch that

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Unread post by Jinky08 » February 28th, 2008, 11:11 am

Anyone notice the Jim Jones cameo :lol:

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » February 28th, 2008, 2:14 pm

stabone21 wrote:SNOOP GOT KILLED? How did I miss that?? Who killed Snoop? Was it in the previews becaused i was not able to catch that
The episode hasn't "officially" aired yet :wink: But if you don't care about the spoiler:

MIKE KILLED SNOOP. They (the cop's) finally figure out what Marlow is doing during those text/picture message transmissions. So they decide to report it to the Commisioner for a warrant & end up arresting Marlow, Chris, Method Man's character, & ol' tall dude with a big lips. Chris catch's a Murder 2 & Marlow basically decides to put a hit out on Mike, just in case he snitched to Bunk (which he didnt. But you know how Marlow punk ass is).

So, Snoop comes to Mike & tells him that their murkin' somebody else but tells him NOT TO BRING HIS GUN!!! As you know, Mike ain't stupid!! Any real street Nigga would know something's up when they tell you not to come strapped. Mike comes strapped anyway & get's picked up by Snoop, tells her he has to take a leak; so she pulls in a nearby alley. Mike pulls the strap, talks to her for a few seconds & then shoots her in the head (she went out like a muthafuccin' G, though. She basically just turns her head & asks Mike if her hair looks aiight. No crying, no please don't shoot me, NOTHING!!).

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » February 28th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Jinky08 wrote:Anyone notice the Jim Jones cameo :lol:
Yeah :o

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Unread post by Jinky08 » February 28th, 2008, 3:16 pm

The scene when Marlo Chris n them are sittin in the cells n theyre talkin about Omar callin out Marlo out in the street, Thats when Marlo really comes out when hes shoutin n shit, never really seen him act like that before.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » February 29th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Jinky08 wrote:The scene when Marlo Chris n them are sittin in the cells n theyre talkin about Omar callin out Marlo out in the street, Thats when Marlo really comes out when hes shoutin n shit, never really seen him act like that before.
Yeah; you know how his character is... He felt like his name rings intimedation, so if a Nigga down talks his name, then it threatens his reputation. :idea:

Flex
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Shreveport

Unread post by Flex » March 10th, 2008, 9:01 am

Yeah, Snoop got that head blasted in. Couldn't have happened to a better person... :twisted:

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Aquafresh » March 12th, 2008, 3:34 pm

I didn't like the finale.... That's all I got to say :roll: