Fliptown Mob

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
Mohammed Ali
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Fliptown Mob

Unread post by Mohammed Ali » March 3rd, 2004, 7:28 am

Does anyone have any info on them?

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Fliptown Mob

Unread post by kiCKer » March 3rd, 2004, 1:15 pm

originally Flip gang up in Mid-city/Wilshire/Ktown area that became all Koreans or mostly Koreans. they have close ties with Jefrox. still around today, but not as active as they once were in the 90's. lotta them claim red

Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chapin » March 3rd, 2004, 3:38 pm

wasnt there some fliptwon mob around melrose, near where clanton was at?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 4th, 2004, 9:40 am

what kicker said...yup.

Chapin, maybe they had a few guys living there, but I'm not sure what happened to them when they "turned" korean.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Proverbz » November 13th, 2007, 2:05 am

i heard this gang used to be known for being the most trigger happy gang in ktown back then.

MrP

Unread post by MrP » November 24th, 2007, 7:14 am

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:what kicker said...yup.

but I'm not sure what happened to them when they "turned" korean.

:lol:

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » November 24th, 2007, 8:58 am

So why do they claim Flip? Cause they were originaly Filipino or what? They beef with ACS.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » November 25th, 2007, 11:12 am

NikexCortez wrote:So why do they claim Flip? Cause they were originaly Filipino or what? They beef with ACS.
Yup. And a few others of mix race, like Irish, Korean, and their famous italian member...LOL.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » November 25th, 2007, 11:41 am

Interesting how Koreans from Korea Town would rather claim Flip Town instead. Are these guys still active?

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Proverbz » December 1st, 2007, 1:56 pm

i don't think they're active anymore. My boy was locked up with a ftm and he said they weren't a big gang. Like 20-25 heads. i knew a girl from ftc their female counterpart. heard they were all fine but crazy. she got jumped by guys and i used to hear stories of those girls running around hitting up doods. fliptown mob. imagine a group of koreans yelling out pinoy pride. haha.

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » December 13th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Proverbz wrote:i don't think they're active anymore. My boy was locked up with a ftm and he said they weren't a big gang. Like 20-25 heads. i knew a girl from ftc their female counterpart. heard they were all fine but crazy. she got jumped by guys and i used to hear stories of those girls running around hitting up doods. fliptown mob. imagine a group of koreans yelling out pinoy pride. haha.
yea as a korean myself, i think thats weird for koreans to be in a filipino gang. i guess they had a tight bond wid some of the older OG heads. jus like back in the day when koreans and mexicans clicked up for the notorious CYS. now its mostly mexican, i dunno if they even have an active korean side ?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » January 31st, 2008, 10:41 pm

In Mid City area...there were many koreans in pinoy gangs and chicano gangs...that's just how it was.

choisauce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by choisauce » February 18th, 2008, 3:55 am

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:In Mid City area...there were many koreans in pinoy gangs and chicano gangs...that's just how it was.
Koreans and Pinoys always tended to bond well together up until like the late 90's... as our respective populations grew larger though, I guess we stopped seeing the need to kick it together and the following generations mostly stuck to their own. I think there were more Filipinos than Koreans in the earlier days, and there were already many established Pinoy gangs while only a few Korean gangs existed, so many Koreans who had that itching for gangbanging joined Filipino gangs out of lack of availability.

I knew of many Koreans in STS, RPB, Jefrox, Judas, whatever back in the day... that doesn't mean they were all about Pinoy pride...

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » March 2nd, 2008, 8:51 pm

i heard that jefrox was the farm mini league for FTM, any validity in this? were they like the minor leagues?

2faced
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 2faced » May 5th, 2008, 6:07 pm

speaking bout jfx
what happened to guh bu gi :lol:

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 31st, 2009, 2:40 am

kiCKer wrote:originally Flip gang up in Mid-city/Wilshire/Ktown area that became all Koreans or mostly Koreans. they have close ties with Jefrox. still around today, but not as active as they once were in the 90's. lotta them claim red
I remember them over by Wilton PLace elementary on Wilton and 8th Street near Wilshire back in the day.