Skinhead / White Supremacist Gangs (History)

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Skinhead / White Supremacist Gangs (History)

Unread post by Common Sense » September 25th, 2007, 11:58 pm

Skinhead and Other White Supremacist Gangs
Understanding the markings and motivations of white supremacist gangs.
July 13, 2007

When I make any gang presentation I usually set the fundamentals down first. After giving the definition of a criminal gang, the question most asked is, How do gangs begin?

White supremacist gangs began with young people who perceived themselves as outsiders suffering from injustice, just like every gang.

No gang began because a group of well adjusted teens were attempting to conquer the underground world to become "Godfathers." The birth of most gangs is a subtle shift from natural small group formations, to defensive groups, to pack mentality predators. But the beginnings are always the same.

"The breeding ground for all gangs begins with an excluded group who feels victimized by poverty, the establishment, or some other real or imagined injustice. It is fed by an anti-establishment culture of drugs, crime, hate, and racial separatism." This applies to the long established African American and Hispanic gangs and the newer groups like the "Trench Coat Mafia" of Columbine. It also applies to the non-traditional or alternative gangs like Skinheads.

For the 1,000 white gang members in the 20 white Los Angeles gangs and the over 40,000 white prisoners in the California prison system, no one group is more excluded by the system than whites. They strongly feel that the government—that their white forefathers established, fought, and died for—today gives preferential treatment to minorities and illegal aliens. The system seems to tolerate Black, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American racists and radicals but loves to hate the Whites and especially the Nazis. Listen to the rhetoric and emotion so well depicted in the movie "American History X" and you'll get a feel for these groups' beliefs.

The same feelings spawned the Punk and Skinhead movements in England in the 1960s. They were a rebellion against the proper British establishment and designed to shock and offend the older generation. They were a rejection of corporate mass produced music. Groups of white blue collar youths formed in opposition to the influx of immigrants into the old neighborhoods. The "Mods" fought with Jamaican "Rude Boys" at scooter (motorcycle) rallies and football (soccer) games.

These early forefathers of the Skinheads often spoke out against drugs. They blamed the minorities for spreading drugs in their neighborhoods. They hung out at pubs and drank beer and beat up Gays and Asians. They listened to Ska and Reggae rhymes mixed with Punk and Alternative music. Musical writer Gary Bushell coined "Oi" as the name of this music style. In the early 1970s Skinheads shaved their heads, wore swastikas, and separated from their Punk brothers. After all, what could offend and shock the older English generation more than their identification with the hated Nazis?

In the early 1970s the author of "In the Heat of the Night," John Ball, rode with me in my East L.A. gang unit. He said he was there to study and write about ELA gangs. He told me that he had recently returned from England where he had ridden with Scotland Yard and other British cops who were involved in combating Punk and Skinhead gangs. They had told him that the English gangs were imitating our Los Angeles gangs.

Like other Los Angeles gangs, Skinhead gangs cannot be lumped together in one homogenous style. SHARP Skinheads are "Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice." They claim to be more of what those early English Skins were about. "Unity" is their logo and it can often be seen on their clothing or tattooed on their bodies along with the crossed out swastikas. But Sharps believe in the use of violence to settle disputes, drink lots of beer, and listen to the same Oi bands, although they may have mixed racial band members. Sharps traditionally war with the Nazi Skinheads.

Straightedge Skins are another form of Skinheads. Straights look like other Skins but do not advocate the use of alcohol, drugs, premarital sex, hate, or violence. However, they sometimes also beat up Nazi Skinheads. They often are identified by their use of the letter "X" on their person or clothing. This was originally a symbol marked prominently on the back of the right hand so the bartenders at clubs and raves would not serve alcohol to minors with this mark. It became the Straight Edge identity card. The more "X's the more extreme the Straightedger. "XXX" is the most extreme Straightedge Skinhead; very often this type of Skin is also a Vegan. They do not eat or utilize animals or animal products. These are the Skinheads who might be involved in bombing a McDonald's restaurant or the animal lab at the local university.

Most intimidating to most Americans are the Nazi Skinheads. Nazi Skins are the white backlash predicted by civil rights workers of the mid-sixties. Dressed in their Doc Martin Boots, plaid shirts, and work pants with matching suspenders (braces) and boot laces, they are a growing problem. White braces and laces mean white power. Yellow are for Sharps, and red for hardcore violent skinheads. Green laces and braces are for support of the Aryan Brotherhood. In the violent mix of the Mosh Pit they draw everyone's attention with their "Heil Hitler" salutes. They cover their bodies with Nazi and White Power tattoos. They have numerous Websites on the Internet, spreading their propaganda over cyber space.

Nazi Skinheads have formed alliances with the KKK, some Punk groups, European Nazis, and other white supremacists. Although official government sources continue to deny it, they are a real problem in all branches of the military. Remember, Navy Commander George Lincoln Rockwell founded the American Nazi Party and decorated Army Gulf War veteran Timothy McVeigh bombed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. In January of 2004, the infamous Tom Metzger addressed the Skinheads gathered at the Phoenix Volksfront. "Don't operate like a battleship!" he shouted. "Operate like a Nazi submarine! Use your periscope! We have to infiltrate! Infiltrate the military! Infiltrate your local governments! Infiltrate your school board! Infiltrate law enforcement!"

When these white Skinheads and Punk gang members go to jail they fall under the authority of the prison gangs. These white kids are protected from the predatory minority prison gangs and security threat groups by members of the Nazi Lowriders (NLR) and the Aryan Brotherhood (AB or Brand). The AB and NLR recruit and brainwash these gang members to utilize them to continue their prison race wars and the control of narcotics trafficking inside and outside of prison. However, very often the whites kill other whites. The real motivation of these groups in prison is not white supremacist ideology but financial profit and power through terrorism.

As a representative of the system that places them below the latest illegal immigrant, you are seen as the enemy. Their grievances have been ignored and their way of life threatened. There is a lot of angry young white kids out there tapping into the hate music and hate Websites and forming into self protection groups. Their "right back at you" attitude and willingness to fight for what they think is right can be dangerous. This is a prescription for further gang proliferation and increased violence.

When you see a Skinhead drop his braces off his shoulders, no matter what color those braces and laces are, he is telling you he is going to war. Don't get caught unprepared.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Skinhead / White Supremacist Gangs (History)

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » September 26th, 2007, 9:04 am

[quote="Common Sense"]Skinhead and Other White Supremacist Gangs
Understanding the markings and motivations of white supremacist gangs.
July 13, 2007

When I make any gang presentation I usually set the fundamentals down first. After giving the definition of a criminal gang, the question most asked is, How do gangs begin?

White supremacist gangs began with young people who perceived themselves as outsiders suffering from injustice, just like every gang.

No gang began because a group of well adjusted teens were attempting to conquer the underground world to become "Godfathers." The birth of most gangs is a subtle shift from natural small group formations, to defensive groups, to pack mentality predators. But the beginnings are always the same.

"The breeding ground for all gangs begins with an excluded group who feels victimized by poverty, the establishment, or some other real or imagined injustice. It is fed by an anti-establishment culture of drugs, crime, hate, and racial separatism." This applies to the long established African American and Hispanic gangs and the newer groups like the "Trench Coat Mafia" of Columbine. It also applies to the non-traditional or alternative gangs like Skinheads.

For the 1,000 white gang members in the 20 white Los Angeles gangs and the over 40,000 white prisoners in the California prison system, no one group is more excluded by the system than whites. They strongly feel that the government

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » September 26th, 2007, 9:48 am

It's funny how something like skinheads, which represented something so radically different in it's inception has now been turned into a sign of hate. If you were a "true" skinhead today you'd instantly be lumped into the group of white power retards that use the term "skinhead" for their own gain.

YearZero
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YearZero » October 15th, 2007, 3:47 am

What about the "Trad" Skins,and "R.A.S.H" Skins.

MiChuhSuh

Re: Skinhead / White Supremacist Gangs (History)

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 15th, 2007, 8:52 am

Common Sense wrote:Most intimidating to most Americans are the Nazi Skinheads. Nazi Skins are the white backlash predicted by civil rights workers of the mid-sixties. Dressed in their Doc Martin Boots, plaid shirts, and work pants with matching suspenders (braces) and boot laces, they are a growing problem. White braces and laces mean white power. Yellow are for Sharps, and red for hardcore violent skinheads. Green laces and braces are for support of the Aryan Brotherhood.
I just saw some click with the really high black chucks and martins and red laces at Knott's, but they weren't "skins" they were more of the "punk" type, probably Nazi-affiliated, though.

It's sad the term "skinhead" automatically means "racism" in the eyes of America now when they started off so different.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 15th, 2007, 12:32 pm

^ Nah, whats sad is they are openly racist and people try to deny it...

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » October 15th, 2007, 1:22 pm

What are the 20 white gangs in L.A.? I'm just curious. This question has popped up a few times on this forum.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » October 15th, 2007, 2:31 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:^ Nah, whats sad is they are openly racist and people try to deny it...
Nah he talkin bout the SHARP skinheads.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 15th, 2007, 2:51 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:^ Nah, whats sad is they are openly racist and people try to deny it...
Not all skinheads are racist. Actually, TRUE skinheads are just the opposite.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » October 15th, 2007, 3:04 pm

skinheads are too broad an ideal to summate in one stereotype.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 15th, 2007, 6:30 pm

I wasn't talking about the NLR or PW or AB or AN or any of that, I meant the SHARPs (Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice) and the originals. There were black and other skinheads, too. They didn't get racial until the 1960's and some of them decided to use the "working class" cause as an excuse to f*ck with immigrants, and then everything went down since the powers that be wanted to get rid of all skinheads, both left and right (and racist and anti-racist), so they lumped them into one category for the media.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 15th, 2007, 7:48 pm

Basically what happened, the BNP (British National Party) was having a hard time recruiting young people, so they started going to punk shows and other places of intrest. The BNP hijacked the punk/skin look for a cooler image so they could attract young people.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » October 15th, 2007, 11:24 pm

Common Sense wrote:Basically what happened, the BNP (British National Party) was having a hard time recruiting young people, so they started going to punk shows and other places of intrest. The BNP hijacked the punk/skin look for a cooler image so they could attract young people.
^^ I whole heartedly agree^^
anyone remember Monty Python in the early 70s making fun of skinheads ?

most skins i know resent SHARPs for trying to affiliate themselves
but this IS America and we still have our first amendment right.... better hang onto it for all it's worth!

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » October 16th, 2007, 4:47 pm

Hey CS, you know your facts, nice one. Original skins were black boys and then joined by white boys who got into ska music with them...to be hijacked by National Front (pre-BNP). These days skins are a very rare sight here. In a place like Hackney, a racist type skin couldn't be seen in public, that simple...

Theres a nice little movie about the early 80's in the North of England called 'This is England' about this topic, basically about working class white boys on a skin tip who are nothing to do with rasicm but infulenced by ska and of how the NF/BNP peeps started to bring there BS to the scene. Its a good movie, touching.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 16th, 2007, 7:32 pm

Thanks Noog. I love Ska. Jamaica Ska to British Ska, and now some of the third wave bands. I had a real treat while visiting a girlfriend in Coventry. I had no idea two tone was born out of there, especially one of my favorites, The Specials

So anyway, I take a little tour inside the automotive museum and they had rare pics of all the two tone bands from Cov. So I was basicall walking the same streets as Neville, Terry, Horace and Pauline. A real treat for me. Of course walking home form the nearest pub, I would come across an occassional NF swastika.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » October 17th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Nice one again! I loved the Specials - the tune Ghost Town is a top tune, describing life in 'Thatchers Britian' of the .time better than any song I know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28TeUbYvXS0

Enjoy another walk through coventry...Ghost Town

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » October 17th, 2007, 1:24 pm

And on this vibe...loved the punky reggae culture clash......The Clash, Guns of Brixton and Bankrobber, top tunes from a timw when black and white stood shoulder to shoulder....just before Brixton riots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bA1hYNMi74

These days something isn't working as well, we're less rebellious, more reactionary.......

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » October 17th, 2007, 1:29 pm

And finally, a Clash tune which got NYC rockin back in 80.....Magnificent Seven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDEF_jox9A

Peace and out

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » October 17th, 2007, 1:34 pm

Fuuuccccc! Can't stop, many good times for me....Bob Marley's tribute to it all.....Punky Reggae Party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGiqWywqhZE

Trust, I'm done, hell CS, you got me tripping!

Suffice to say, back on topic, skins were originally anti-racist and punks took up the mantle alongside Dreads...thats how it was, but it all got twisted later

Duece
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Duece » October 21st, 2007, 12:54 pm

When you see a Skinhead drop his braces off his shoulders, no matter what color those braces and laces are, he is telling you he is going to war. Don't get caught unprepared.

true- people make the mistake of messing with skins on a daily basis.

I dont know if you know any skins, any of you all really. No offense but we tend to keep to ourselves, being as most of us enough problems with each other to worry about. Here in California, most of live in latin barrios or in city centers, and as far as boots and braces... well that image is only on special occasions, if that. Most of us here in SC prefer a more casual style that lends itself to annominnity. I appreciate you trying to present the facts but you any of you want to know more than you should seek out an actual skinhead. There are an estimated 5000 skinhead traditionalist living in Southern California alone. So if you know what shadow to look into you can find one. There are large established groups in LA, Riverside, SB and especially San Diego counties, along with several well established large groups from TJ and other Mexican Border cities. It's too much to get into publicly, but our culture has matured and we now have more active skins in all western nations than at any other time. and as far as our mortal enemies, the nazis go, well look any existing news reports surrounding the Riot in SB last year (brittish Invasion 2k6) and you'll find out why we havent had ANY problems.

I'm happy your talkiing about it though.. I used to cruise this site alot, and was alway disapointed that this conversation never got started, so cheers to you mate! if any of you have any questions about the modern Nation of Skinhead, drop me a line.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » October 21st, 2007, 4:47 pm

when you point your finger at someone, three more fingers are pointing back at you.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 15th, 2008, 12:59 pm

Skins in SoCal are indistinguishable from white cholos most of the time except for the tats.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » January 15th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Silencioso wrote:Skins in SoCal are indistinguishable from white cholos most of the time except for the tats.

WTF is a white cholo???
( has it really been THAT long since I left SoCal)....if its what i think it is, back in the day, we called them 'wannabe beaners'

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 15th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Whites in Mexican majority gangs that follow the cholo style/tradition. modern day cholos usually have shaved head and basic gangster gear - white t's, baggy jeans.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » January 18th, 2008, 11:15 am

That's right Silencioso. Yes. And if you are in a lockdown and the Surenos have the power and numbers then everyone follows Sureno rules in that dorm.
Silencioso wrote:Whites in Mexican majority gangs that follow the cholo style/tradition. modern day cholos usually have shaved head and basic gangster gear - white t's, baggy jeans.

london_ferg
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by london_ferg » January 26th, 2008, 11:25 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
I wasn't talking about the NLR or PW or AB or AN or any of that, I meant the SHARPs (Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice) and the originals. There were black and other skinheads, too. They didn't get racial until the 1960's and some of them decided to use the "working class" cause as an excuse to f*ck with immigrants, and then everything went down since the powers that be wanted to get rid of all skinheads, both left and right (and racist and anti-racist), so they lumped them into one category for the media.

mid to late seventies was when they became racist in an organised sense. skinhead as a subculture started in 69 and it was derived from mod fashion. rude boys and mods did not fight each other at football games!! hooligans fought at football games. skinheads were hooligans and loved to fight. the mods fought the rockers actually. the racist skinhead are prominent due to their media savvy nature. those with the most contraversial views tend to shout the loudest.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 26th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Didn't early skins fight the rockers/greasers, too? I saw an old photo of a pack of skins rat packing this motorcycle looking guy.

Bohus
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: West coast island

Unread post by Bohus » March 1st, 2008, 7:44 pm

It should be mention that both black and white skinheads beat up the asians but it wasn't really about'em being asian it was more that they took their jobs.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 3rd, 2008, 7:33 pm

Bohus wrote:It should be mention that both black and white skinheads beat up the asians but it wasn't really about'em being asian it was more that they took their jobs.
Does anyone really takes anybody's job? Everyone has the same right to go and apply for a job. In some cases, some fools really don't want to work.

Bohus
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: West coast island

Unread post by Bohus » March 18th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Bohus wrote:It should be mention that both black and white skinheads beat up the asians but it wasn't really about'em being asian it was more that they took their jobs.
Does anyone really takes anybody's job? Everyone has the same right to go and apply for a job. In some cases, some fools really don't want to work.

Yes but the asians was hired so cheap and the english working class wasn't used to work for that kind of price.
So they went mad at the asians who worked for a very low paycheck.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 18th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Bohus wrote:Yes but the asians was hired so cheap and the english working class wasn't used to work for that kind of price. So they went mad at the asians who worked for a very low paycheck.
The Asians basically under bid them, so it's work for peanuts or lose your job. Both options do suck

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » March 19th, 2008, 10:12 am

Common Sense wrote:
Its funny cause many people say both. Immigrants live off welfare and cost a lot of money or they take away all the jobs. So what is it? It cant be both at the same time.