Gangs in Toronto

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Gangs in Toronto

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 27th, 2008, 3:51 pm

What are the major gangs and organized crime groups in toronto? who controls/trades/sells/smuggles what?

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » March 27th, 2008, 3:58 pm

There are a few posts on this, do a search.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 5th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Albanians smuggle alot of weed there. There are alot of Indians and other brown people all over there. Alot of Black gangs in East Toronto and especially alot in Scarborough. Nothing organised there though, just a bunch of cowboys.

-Browns think there hard there but get tossed around
-Blacks (particularly Jamaicans) hold there own there but nothing big time.
-Albanians smuggle alot there (but even they dont smuggle big time)
-Alot of Arabs too.

pretty much nothing organised though, just small time stuff all around the place.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 9:42 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:Albanians smuggle alot of weed there. There are alot of Indians and other brown people all over there. Alot of Black gangs in East Toronto and especially alot in Scarborough. Nothing organised there though, just a bunch of cowboys.
Nothing organized? The Siderno 'Ndrangheta clan has been active in Toronto for decades. Eastern European, Chinese, and Vietnamese groups, as well as biker gangs are also active in the city. See what I mean about you not having done your homework? Next time, read an organized crime report from the RCMP before you post.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 5th, 2008, 9:52 pm

thewestside wrote:
JohnnyRed wrote:Albanians smuggle alot of weed there. There are alot of Indians and other brown people all over there. Alot of Black gangs in East Toronto and especially alot in Scarborough. Nothing organised there though, just a bunch of cowboys.
Nothing organized? The Siderno 'Ndrangheta clan has been active in Toronto for decades. Eastern European, Chinese, and Vietnamese groups, as well as biker gangs are also active in the city. See what I mean about you not having done your homework? Next time, read an organized crime report from the RCMP before you post.

looool, I been there a few times, I havent read shittttttt about it. Relax, Im just giving my opinion, Im not stating any facts. I dont know about the Ndrangheta being in T.O I heard there was a few in North York or something hiding out from charges in Italy but thats about it only small time. Oh I read about this Italian crew back in the 70s or 80s though

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 9:58 pm

JohnnyRed wrote: looool, I been there a few times, I havent read shittttttt about it. Relax, Im just giving my opinion, Im not stating any facts. I dont know about the Ndrangheta being in T.O I heard there was a few in North York or something hiding out from charges in Italy but thats about it only small time. Oh I read about this Italian crew back in the 70s or 80s though
And that's you're problem. You haven't read shit about it. You obviously haven't read shit about a lot of things. Normally that wouldn't be such a big deal. Opinions are fine and we all have room for learning. But you often jump into discussions with just your opinion and nothing more. And you do it belligerently and with insults.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 5th, 2008, 10:02 pm

thewestside wrote:
JohnnyRed wrote: looool, I been there a few times, I havent read shittttttt about it. Relax, Im just giving my opinion, Im not stating any facts. I dont know about the Ndrangheta being in T.O I heard there was a few in North York or something hiding out from charges in Italy but thats about it only small time. Oh I read about this Italian crew back in the 70s or 80s though
And that's you're problem. You haven't read shit about it. You obviously haven't read shit about a lot of things. Normally that wouldn't be such a big deal. Opinions are fine and we all have room for learning. But you often jump into discussions with just your opinion and nothing more. And you do it belligerently and with insults.

oh my, someones mad, i can tell someones mad when they use the word belligerently. looool. I admitted I didnt know much about Toronto crime. lol relax yourself, but in the fields where i do know alooooooooot about im gonna state my opinion and in the field of Albanian OC I know what im talking about.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 10:16 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:oh my, someones mad, i can tell someones mad when they use the word belligerently. looool. I admitted I didnt know much about Toronto crime. lol relax yourself, but in the fields where i do know alooooooooot about im gonna state my opinion and in the field of Albanian OC I know what im talking about.
I'm not really mad. More like annoyed. Like I said before, your knowledge of Albanian organized crime isn't really the problem. The problem is that's basically all you know. One dimensional.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 5th, 2008, 10:33 pm

thewestside wrote:
JohnnyRed wrote:oh my, someones mad, i can tell someones mad when they use the word belligerently. looool. I admitted I didnt know much about Toronto crime. lol relax yourself, but in the fields where i do know alooooooooot about im gonna state my opinion and in the field of Albanian OC I know what im talking about.
I'm not really mad. More like annoyed. Like I said before, your knowledge of Albanian organized crime isn't really the problem. The problem is that's basically all you know. One dimensional.

Nah actually I know all about your glamorized Ndrangheta, Cosa Nostra, Camorra, and American LCN. Especially american LCN

Al Capone was born Febuary 17th, died 25th same month, 1947. Hated Sicilians.

Joe Bannanno watched his father die in front of him in his arms saying "be proud of your last name" or so he claims

Paul Castellano was the smartest godfather in his time, having connects all the way to the middle east. John ruined the family.

Lucky Luciano told Meyer Lansky to pay him for protection Meyere said "go fuck yourself" and Lucky and him began fighting, Meyer wouldnt back down and Luciano respected that and they became friends ever since.

Theres a mobsters whose 100 years old lol... forget his name...

John Junior Gotti is half Russian or Russian JEw or Jew lol

that was just some fun facts lol I know alot about the Italians before I even knew the Albanians had a mafia I was constantly reading about Italian organised crime.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 10:41 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:

Nah actually I know all about your glamorized Ndrangheta, Cosa Nostra, Camorra, and American LCN. Especially american LCN

Joe Bannanno watched his father die in front of him in his arms saying "be proud of your last name" or so he claims

Paul Castellano was the smartest godfather in his time, having connects all the way to the middle east. John ruined the family.

Lucky Luciano told Meyer Lansky to pay him for protection Meyere said "go fu-- yourself" and Lucky and him began fighting, Meyer wouldnt back down and Luciano respected that and they became friends ever since.

that was just some fun facts lol I know alot about the Italians before I even knew the Albanians had a mafia I was constantly reading about Italian organised crime.
That you can list some tidbit facts (easily found on Google and other places) here or there really doesn't erase the ignorance you've already shown about the Italian Mafia and other groups.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 5th, 2008, 10:43 pm

thewestside wrote:
JohnnyRed wrote:

Lucky Luciano told Meyer Lansky to pay him for protection Meyere said "go fu-- yourself" and Lucky and him began fighting, Meyer wouldnt back down and Luciano respected that and they became friends ever since.

That you can list some tidbit facts (easily found on Google and other places) here or there really doesn't erase the ignorance you've already shown about the Italian Mafia and other groups.

OMG, are you serious? I bet you I know more about Al Capone than you do, I know his quotes I know everything about him, okay I dont know everything but if you were talking to me two years ago I could have told you every single address he has ever had...

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 10:52 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:
OMG, are you serious? I bet you I know more about Al Capone than you do, I know his quotes I know everything about him, okay I dont know everything but if you were talking to me two years ago I could have told you every single address he has ever had...
What you know or don't know about Al Capone (a mobster who died over 60 years ago) isn't really my concern. It's what you know - or should I say don't know - about present day Italian organized crime that is your problem. Well, Italian organized crime and every other type besides Albanian.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 6th, 2008, 2:23 am

Big deal you knew about Capone LOL, he's the most celebrated gangster in Hollywood culture,theres plenty of info on him.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 6th, 2008, 7:32 am

There aren't any Albanians in Toronto.

Hells Angels are big in Ontario in general, I also believe the Buffalo LCN family is represented in T.O by the Volpe family?

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » April 6th, 2008, 12:33 pm

People affiliated with street gangs kill eachother everyday, while organized crime groups hardly ever see warfare, and once or twice a year, someone might get whacked, maybe even more rare than that, and I've never heard any Russian mobster get killed here. Ever. Hardly any Russian people get killed for that matter either. Only one Russian dude named Igor Pavliv died from getting beat with a blunt object during 2007 on Dundas and Spadina, and that's about it. Funny really because 2-3 kilometers away is the Rasputin Vodka Bar and about a kilometer away from the Pravda Vodka Bar.

Overall, it's mostly blacks, asians, Canadians or browns(East Indians, Tamils etc.) getting killed, and sometimes latinos too. It's street gangs all the time, never OC.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 6th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Azure9920 wrote:There aren't any Albanians in Toronto.

Hells Angels are big in Ontario in general, I also believe the Buffalo LCN family is represented in T.O by the Volpe family?

Actually yes there is, go to East Toronto, East York and upper downtown and you'll see them, I seen the parade they had there for Kosovas independence there was about 4000 people there... and thats just the albanians who showed up.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 6th, 2008, 4:49 pm

I meant in the realm of organized crime...of course there's people of Albanian descent in Toronto.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 6th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Azure9920 wrote:I meant in the realm of organized crime...of course there's people of Albanian descent in Toronto.

yeah there is, They smuggle alot of weed and coke, not alot in comparison to other organisations established there but they are a factor in importing those two drugs..

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 6th, 2008, 5:38 pm

No, they aren't a factor....at all...

They don't traffic weed on a scale larger than a farmer with a SMALL crop in his field. You're really going out on a limb on this one. For fucks sakes, I've sold more marijuana than they have, and I'm one person.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 6th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Azure9920 wrote:No, they aren't a factor....at all...

They don't traffic weed on a scale larger than a farmer with a SMALL crop in his field. You're really going out on a limb on this one. For fucks sakes, I've sold more marijuana than they have, and I'm one person.

I know people that got caught with 400 pounds of weed in there truck man, what are you talking about?

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 6th, 2008, 5:49 pm

actually 1 person***** you have no idea what your talking about in this case.

gino
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by gino » April 6th, 2008, 8:20 pm

eastern europeans are huge in toronto, same with italians and hells angels. Indians r chumps, black guys r big and kill each other alot.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 6th, 2008, 9:36 pm

gino wrote:eastern europeans are huge in toronto, same with italians and hells angels. Indians r chumps, black guys r big and kill each other alot.

Your right gino, Eastern Europeans are huge there, in my cousins neighborhood its all Albanian, Serbian, Bosnian and especially Greek. There are huge Italian communities in Toronto too. And the Hells Angels are big in almost every Canadian city. The browns piss me off, they think they're hard for some reason. Blacks do kill each other alot, they fight 90% of the time and do business 5% of the time. Another 5% is for smoking weed lol. Actually 50% would be smoking weed lol.

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » April 7th, 2008, 10:38 am

Your right about that. I don't see how this is possible but I've heard there's about 300,000 Macedonians in the GTA. I've also heard there are about 250,000 Russian speaking immigrants in Toronto. There goes about 1/12th of the population of the GTA. Greeks are also numerous here, especially around Danforth road and such, and they own alot of businesses while Macedonians work in factories and drink coffee at Tim Hortons, one thing that pisses me off. One of the reasons for that is they let the stupidest people from the villages around Bitola to come into this fuckin' country, if they let some real good people from let's say my town come, well not good, I mean those uh, how do you translate, you know, anyways people like the secruity guy at Hotel Oaza, which I can tell is mafioso type guy that probably knows Karate or something, so there would've been more of my dad, except these guys have guts to go around, beat, rob and kill people for money. There goes your whole damn city right there, and no black gangstas can do shit about it as we see everyday they scared of my dad which is like them but perfers to live a normal life and make a lousy 800 bucks a month than to use what he knows and raise some hell for a good buck.

But yah, that's fate I guess. The Macedonian nation won't exist in 50 years because it's people are like blacks not like jews --- they put eachothers eyes out instead of helping eachother.

The Russian mob is around Bathurst and Steeles, since there's alot of Russian jews there.

Browns piss me off too. It's what we call ciganaria back home. :lol:

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 7th, 2008, 3:57 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:
Azure9920 wrote:No, they aren't a factor....at all...

I know people that got caught with 400 pounds of weed in there truck man, what are you talking about?
Is that the same guy who got off trafficking 400 pounds with something like 2 months house arrest and probation?

I sincerely doubt what you're saying.

necio
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by necio » April 7th, 2008, 6:04 pm

who u talking about when u say browns?

gino
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by gino » April 7th, 2008, 11:42 pm

by eastern europeans i was referring to russian, polish, ukrainians not so much of wat u sed lol i herd those r big not the ones u named besides the yugos

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » April 8th, 2008, 2:01 am

necio wrote:who u talking about when u say browns?
East Indians, Tamils, Middle Eastern etc.

Not Latinos. Otherwise we would've said Latinos. Latinos are either scattered to hell and you can't find much of them anywhere, or concentrated in a few areas around town, but browns are fuckin' everywhere, and they bring cochroaches with them when they move in an apartment and infest the whole building.

Lemme tell you what I think(not trying to be racist or anything but yeah):

The Tamils/Sri Lankans are the ones out of the browns who most try to act hard and there are tons of crews with what they say is a 100, 150 members, all that shit, but it's just a bunch of highschoolers who go around spraying graffiti, getting into fights, robbing people and other shit.

Indians from India are good, they don't cause alot of trouble.

Bangali peeps aren't that bad, kinda like the Indians.

Afghani got some crews here and there, some try to act gangsta. They're one of the rarer groups of the more common browns.

The Sikhs are arrogant bastards though, very religions and fundemental, extremist types. There was a case where a Sikh driving a motorcycle got caught without a helmet on, but with those turbans they have. The cop gave him a ticket for not wearing a helmet on even though it's the law, so he went to court. Using the this is part of my religion/culture defense, he got off. I could say it's part of my religion/culture to always carry an AK47 around with me but I would probably get shot at, rediculted and critized and maybe even thrown in jail for it. See the irony here?

Pakistani's are a mix of both good and bad. Not alot of them here either.

There are hardly any people from the middle east here, such as Iraqi's, Palestenians, Jordanians, Saudi Arabians, Omanians, Egyptians, Iranians etc. It's more common to find East Indian browns than Middle Eastern browns or any other browns for that matter.

That's what we mean by browns.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 8th, 2008, 9:18 pm

gino wrote:by eastern europeans i was referring to russian, polish, ukrainians not so much of wat u sed lol i herd those r big not the ones u named besides the yugos

There are alot of Albanians, Serbs, Macedonians, Bosnians, Greeks and slav type people in Toronto. Out of all of them I cant say which is the most powerful or who does the most because really I havent heard about any of them except for Albanians but I am Albanian so I would hear about them before I hear about Russians.

as for OC in Toronto... The only real force I would ever imagine in Toronto would be biker gangs... (Hells angels)... but I dont know someon should find some sources about this...

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » April 8th, 2008, 9:35 pm

Good old toronto always a good time 8)

What about the triads and yakuza? The triads have to be at least in TO there is a large Chinese community.

What about for African/Caribbean Organized Crime, like the Jamacians, haitians, Ghanan's, Rwandians, Congolese, and canadianized africans they must be organized crime in etobikoe, and missusaga.

What about the greeks anything about them in TO?

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 8th, 2008, 9:41 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:Good old toronto always a good time 8)

What about the triads and yakuza? The triads have to be at least in TO there is a large Chinese community.

What about for African/Caribbean Organized Crime, like the Jamacians, haitians, Ghanan's, Rwandians, Congolese, and canadianized africans they must be organized crime in etobikoe, and missusaga.

Greeks will never have any type of even minor organised crime lol, They have some gambling in Astoria but yeah... Greeks are not cut out of be criminals.... albanians, russians, italians, blacks, latinos.... thwese are people that can cutit out... but not greeks lol

but there should be some chinese OC there... i was gonna mention that...

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 8th, 2008, 9:43 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:Good old toronto always a good time 8)

I've never heard of much Yakuza activity in Toronto (although they do operate in Canada) but the Triads are very active in both the country in general and Toronto specifically. Two groups with respect to Toronto would include the Kung Lok Triad and the Big Circle Boys Gang.

For the record, over the last decade Canadian officials have identified approximately 18 active transnational criminal organizations represented in Canada, including the Chinese Triads, Colombian cartels, Japanese Jakuza, Jamaican posses, American LCN groups, the 'Ndrangheta, the Sicilian Mafia, Russian/Eastern European mobs, Nigerian groups and outlaw motorcycle gangs.