Black Mafia Family

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Black Mafia Family

Unread post by Richboy17 » March 31st, 2008, 7:15 pm

http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyro ... d%3A164707

This is some fucking big shit. Who ever thought there would be a black mafia today.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Black Mafia Family

Unread post by thewestside » March 31st, 2008, 7:29 pm

Richboy17 wrote:http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyro ... d%3A164707

This is some #%@&#%@ big shit. Who ever thought there would be a black mafia today.
Although it was based out of Detroit, the Black Mafia Family operated in a number of other states. It was a multi-million dollar drug operation. But basically the whole organization got taken down in a huge indictment -

DEA Press Release
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/states/ne ... 61506.html

Department of Justice Press Release
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/gan/press/2007/07-25-07.pdf

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 1st, 2008, 1:58 am

This was seprate from the Philadelphia Black Mafia?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 1st, 2008, 9:23 am

TeeKay wrote:This was seprate from the Philadelphia Black Mafia?
I think so...

dunkykong
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: dodge city

Unread post by dunkykong » April 1st, 2008, 10:44 am

the movement is still alive :twisted:

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 1st, 2008, 4:08 pm

Yeah, Detroit's Black Mafia Family is a separate organization from Philadelphia's Black Mafia/Junior Black Mafia.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » April 1st, 2008, 4:26 pm

thewestside wrote:
Yeah, Detroit's Black Mafia Family is a separate organization from Philadelphia's Black Mafia/Junior Black Mafia.
who do u think is more powerful though? Or was?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 1st, 2008, 4:28 pm

Richboy17 wrote:
Easily Detroit's Black Mafia Family. They were a much bigger and more profitable organization who operated in half a dozen states.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » April 2nd, 2008, 12:04 pm

thewestside wrote:
Richboy17 wrote:
Easily Detroit's Black Mafia Family. They were a much bigger and more profitable organization who operated in half a dozen states.
Doesn't Philadelphia still have a black mafia called JBM. I heard that the italians pay protection fees to these guys in the pin.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 2nd, 2008, 2:26 pm

JBM if anything got hit hard,their supposed "leader" is on death row, i havent heard anything about protection but Skinny Joe Merlino was recorded meeting with them to discuss some drug business.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 2nd, 2008, 7:19 pm

Richboy17 wrote:
Doesn't Philadelphia still have a black mafia called JBM. I heard that the italians pay protection fees to these guys in the pin.
Yeah, the Junior Black Mafia still operates in Philadelphia.

I have never heard of a single instance where Italian mafiosi have payed black inmates in prison for protection. There have been instances in the past of them using Aryan Brotherhood members, bikers, etc. as bodyguards while incarcerated. Philadelphia mobster Joey Merlino paid a Mexican gang to protect him while he was in Texas. As far as black inmates go, it recently came out in the Lucchese gambling bust that many black inmates "fawn" over Italian gangsters in prison. Mafiosi would often complain that they just couldn't get away from them because they were always wanting to hang around them.

cashville
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cashville » April 3rd, 2008, 3:12 pm

YO HOW LONG DID MEECH GET

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » April 4th, 2008, 2:37 pm

thewestside wrote:
Richboy17 wrote:

I have never heard of a single instance where Italian mafiosi have payed black inmates in prison for protection. There have been instances in the past of them using Aryan Brotherhood members, bikers, etc. as bodyguards while incarcerated. Philadelphia mobster Joey Merlino paid a Mexican gang to protect him while he was in Texas. As far as black inmates go, it recently came out in the Lucchese gambling bust that many black inmates "fawn" over Italian gangsters in prison. Mafiosi would often complain that they just couldn't get away from them because they were always wanting to hang around them.
Ill try to get the source but its says how this Islam gang that was connected with the Black Mafia beat down an Italian in the pin because he couldnt pay a fee. In Pennslyvania and Jersey the black muslims run everything in the pin.

OG Cabrini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Cabrini » April 4th, 2008, 2:55 pm

This is actually the gang Young Jeezy is part of. I know the Atlanta set is affiliated with some Crips.
A couple years ago Jacob the Jeweller got arrested helpin the BMF launder somethin like $270 million in drug money.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 4th, 2008, 5:59 pm

Richboy17 wrote:
thewestside wrote:
Richboy17 wrote:

Ill try to get the source but its says how this Islam gang that was connected with the Black Mafia beat down an Italian in the pin because he couldnt pay a fee. In Pennslyvania and Jersey the black muslims run everything in the pin.
Ive never heard anything of black muslims being the promiment force,you have other gangs like those NTG and some other NY and jersey gangs in the can,italians usually stick to themselves,they have more conflict with other white ethnic groups in there rather than blacks.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 4th, 2008, 7:10 pm

Richboy17 wrote: Ill try to get the source but its says how this Islam gang that was connected with the Black Mafia beat down an Italian in the pin because he couldnt pay a fee. In Pennslyvania and Jersey the black muslims run everything in the pin.
Beating down an Italian is one thing. Beating down a connected Italian, i.e. a member or associate of the LCN is something else entirely.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » April 4th, 2008, 7:50 pm

thewestside wrote:
Richboy17 wrote: Ill try to get the source but its says how this Islam gang that was connected with the Black Mafia beat down an Italian in the pin because he couldnt pay a fee. In Pennslyvania and Jersey the black muslims run everything in the pin.
Beating down an Italian is one thing. Beating down a connected Italian, i.e. a member or associate of the LCN is something else entirely.
I cant find the source but no joke the islam prison gang beat down a connected italian. I remeber reading something that the Pagans and Italians wanted a black mafia member to kill another Pagan, but the black mafia member refused saying the biker was good for buisness. Blacks have power in Philly.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 4th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Richboy17 wrote:
I cant find the source but no joke the islam prison gang beat down a connected italian. I remeber reading something that the Pagans and Italians wanted a black mafia member to kill another Pagan, but the black mafia member refused saying the biker was good for buisness. Blacks have power in Philly.
Well, without a source, I hope you won't be offended if I don't take your word for it. As far as black groups in Philadelphia, there are a lot of them. Some of them, including the Junior Black Mafia, work with the local LCN family there.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » April 5th, 2008, 9:20 am

thewestside wrote:
Richboy17 wrote:
Well, without a source, I hope you won't be offended if I don't take your word for it. As far as black groups in Philadelphia, there are a lot of them. Some of them, including the Junior Black Mafia, work with the local LCN family there.
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2002-11-07/cb2.shtml I got the source.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Thanks for finding the article. But did you read it carefully? The guy was attacked because Merlino withdrew his protection when he suspected his friend had been having an affair with his wife. Merlino wanted him beat up. Otherwise I don't think the black Muslims wouldn't have touched him. The article says that the groups who provide protection to their members in prison are the black Muslims, the Mob, the bikers, the white supremacists, and the Latin gangs.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 5th, 2008, 6:44 pm

thewestside wrote:
Thanks for finding the article. But did you read it carefully? The guy was attacked because Merlino withdrew his protection when he suspected his friend had been having an affair with his wife. Merlino wanted him beat up. Otherwise I don't think the black Muslims wouldn't have touched him. The article says that the groups who provide protection to their members in prison are the black Muslims, the Mob, the bikers, the white supremacists, and the Latin gangs.

OMGGGG give it up fuck, how in the world can the mob offer protection to anyone in jail?????? Most mafia members are fuckin 8000 years old and can barely move. In jail its the blacks and latinos and white supremecy gangs who run shit, depending on which one is the majority in each jail, usually its the blacks who hold shit down in jail though. latinos on the west coast and white supremists wherever they are in numbers.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 9:31 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:
OMGGGG give it up fu--, how in the world can the mob offer protection to anyone in jail?????? Most mafia members are fuckin 8000 years old and can barely move. In jail its the blacks and latinos and white supremecy gangs who run shit, depending on which one is the majority in each jail, usually its the blacks who hold shit down in jail though. latinos on the west coast and white supremists wherever they are in numbers.
More insults from JohnnyRed. Believe it or not, the LCN still has clout in a lot of places. They all aren't "8,000" years old. They still have plenty of killers and enforcers.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 5th, 2008, 9:36 pm

thewestside wrote:
JohnnyRed wrote:
OMGGGG give it up fu--, how in the world can the mob offer protection to anyone in jail?????? Most mafia members are fuckin 8000 years old and can barely move. In jail its the blacks and latinos and white supremecy gangs who run shit, depending on which one is the majority in each jail, usually its the blacks who hold shit down in jail though. latinos on the west coast and white supremists wherever they are in numbers.
More insults from JohnnyRed. Believe it or not, the LCN still has clout in a lot of places. They all aren't "8,000" years old. They still have plenty of killers and enforcers.

barely any anymore, the days of people like Al Capone who went into a bar and emptied a clip in a mans chest for insulting his friend are gone. At least for Italians.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 10:36 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:barely any anymore, the days of people like Al Capone who went into a bar and emptied a clip in a mans chest for insulting his friend are gone. At least for Italians.
Remember the word "sophistication?" That's part of the difference between the LCN and many other crime groups in the U.S. The LCN fought most of it's battles long ago. It made it's claim good in blood during Prohibition and many decades that followed. They no longer have to fight it out in the streets where bodies are constantly dropping. That's why law enforcement agencies refer to LCN families as "business crime groups." Less murders are a good thing as far as the LCN is concerned. It means they are able to conduct business without having to constantly take people out, which almost always brings down heat from law enforcement. Nowadays, it usually takes a murder here or there, somebody being found in a trunk for things to stay in control in the LCN. Below is a list of the murders or assaults that have happened to LCN members and associates in the U.S. over the last decade.

1997 - Buffalo family captain John "Johnny Pops" Papalia killed.
1997 - Chicago Outfit associate Herbert "Fat Herbie" Blitzstein killed.
1998 - Genovese captain Ralph Coppola disappeared.
1999 - Philadelphia captain Ronald "Ronnie" Turchi killed.
1999 - Canadian mob captain Gerlando "George from Canada" Sciascia killed.
1999 - Colombo underboss William "Wild Bill" Cutolo disappeared.
1999 - Chicago Outfit associate Ronald "Ronnie" Jarrett killed.
2001 - Chicago Outfit lieutenant Anthony "Tony the Hatch" Chiaramonti killed.
2002 - Philadelphia soldier Raymond "Long John" Martorano killed.
2003 - Philadelphia associate John "Johnny Gongs" Casasanto killed.
2003 - Genovese captain Adolfo "Big Al" Bruno killed.
2004 - Bonanno associate Rudolph "Rudy Pizzolo" killed.
2005 - Genovese captain Lawrence "Larry" Ricci killed.
2006 - Chicago Outfit lieutenant Anthony "Little Tony" Zizzo disappeared.
2007 - Genovese soldier Rudolph "Rudy Cueball" Izzi killed.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 5th, 2008, 10:39 pm

thewestside wrote:
JohnnyRed wrote:barely any anymore, the days of people like Al Capone who went into a bar and emptied a clip in a mans chest for insulting his friend are gone. At least for Italians.
Remember the word "sophistication?" That's part of the difference between the LCN and many other crime groups in the U.S. The LCN fought most of it's battles long ago. It made it's claim good in blood during Prohibition and many decades that followed. They no longer have to fight it out in the streets where bodies are constantly dropping. That's why law enforcement agencies refer to LCN families as "business crime groups." Less murders are a good thing as far as the LCN is concerned. It means they are able to conduct business without having to constantly take people out, which almost always brings down heat from law enforcement. Nowadays, it usually takes a murder here or there, somebody being found in a trunk for things to stay in control in the LCN. Below is a list of the murders or assaults that have happened to LCN members and associates in the U.S. over the last decade.

Thats why nobody fears them anymore though, In the days of Al Capone, the Irish ran shit, the Italians came down like the Albanians are coming now and pretty much killing anyone in sight and even massacreing people (St. Valentines Day Massacre) Thats why they took over and no because they choose to do business 98% of the time and not be gangsters except for 2% of the time, no one fears them and half of them rat when facing life.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 5th, 2008, 10:48 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:

Thats why nobody fears them anymore though, In the days of Al Capone, the Irish ran shit, the Italians came down like the Albanians are coming now and pretty much killing anyone in sight and even massacreing people (St. Valentines Day Massacre) Thats why they took over and no because they choose to do business 98% of the time and not be gangsters except for 2% of the time, no one fears them and half of them rat when facing life.
So now it's half of them rat? Your ratio of rats keeps changing.

Enough people still fear the LCN. The LCN has a reputation that has been built on for the better part of a century. Because they can trade on that reputation, they don't have to kill or assault as many people. Once again, that's a good thing as far as the LCN is concerned. Cowboys who are constantly killing or beating people up end up in two places - prison or the grave. Philadelphia mob boss Nicky Scarfo is a good example. So is the Rudaj gang.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 5th, 2008, 11:00 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:
thewestside wrote:

The Italians came down hard on the irish and jews in those days,what makes you think Albanians are doing it now, Rudaj came the closest and thats it,now hes washed up in jail 25+ by one indictment.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 6th, 2008, 4:03 pm

thewestside wrote:
JohnnyRed wrote:

So now it's half of them rat? Your ratio of rats keeps changing.

Enough people still fear the LCN. The LCN has a reputation that has been built on for the better part of a century. Because they can trade on that reputation, they don't have to kill or assault as many people. Once again, that's a good thing as far as the LCN is concerned. Cowboys who are constantly killing or beating people up end up in two places - prison or the grave. Philadelphia mob boss Nicky Scarfo is a good example. So is the Rudaj gang.

weellll what about the fuckin LCN??????????? ARENT THEY GOING TO JAIL TOO YOU MORON!?!?! DIDNT THEY JUST ARREST FUCKIN 85 WOPS AT ONE TIME!?!?!? YOU FUCKIN MORON WOWOOOOOOWWWWW TALKING TO YOU IS POINTLESS FOR REALLL YOUR AN IDIOTTT YOUTALK ABOUT THE RUDAJS GETTING LOCKED UP BECAUSE THEY ARE WRECKLESS BUT THEN YOUR CHARISHED ITALIANS GET ARRESTED IN MASS INDICTMENTS EVEN WORSE THAN THE RUDAJS.

JohnnyRed
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JohnnyRed » April 6th, 2008, 4:06 pm

TeeKay wrote:
JohnnyRed wrote:
thewestside wrote:

The Italians came down hard on the irish and jews in those days,what makes you think Albanians are doing it now, Rudaj came the closest and thats it,now hes washed up in jail 25+ by one indictment.

I really dont understand you Westside,

didnt john gotti only last about 6 years?
al capones 6 years?
castellano about what was is 9?

Albanians are killing and even protecting Italians all the time, Peter Gottis bodyguard was Albanian or John Juniors, one of those.... by the 90's the main assassins for the Gambino Crim Family were Albanians....

you cannot compare the Italians to the Albanians in manpower in the US, you just cant we have more of it... The Italians are wealthier than us in the US, Ill admit it... they been around for over 100 years... still when it comes to raw manpower the Albanians are leading the US when talking about mobsters...

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » April 6th, 2008, 10:38 pm

JohnnyRed wrote:weellll what about the fuckin LCN??????????? ARENT THEY GOING TO JAIL TOO YOU MORON!?!?! DIDNT THEY JUST ARREST FUCKIN 85 WOPS AT ONE TIME!?!?!? YOU FUCKIN MORON WOWOOOOOOWWWWW TALKING TO YOU IS POINTLESS FOR REALLL YOUR AN IDIOTTT YOUTALK ABOUT THE RUDAJS GETTING LOCKED UP BECAUSE THEY ARE WRECKLESS BUT THEN YOUR CHARISHED ITALIANS GET ARRESTED IN MASS INDICTMENTS EVEN WORSE THAN THE RUDAJS.
I've explained to you before what the difference is. The Rudaj gang was broken up in one indictment. New York LCN families can take indictment after indictment, and while they might have individual crews broken up, the families remain. It's called longetivity. Something the LCN has more than any other group.
JohnnyRed wrote:I really dont understand you Westside,
didnt john gotti only last about 6 years?
al capones 6 years?
castellano about what was is 9?

To take one of the top spots in a New York LCN family today is definitely a risky move. Most end up in prison within a few years. That's why many of the families have been slow to fill the top positions of boss, underboss, and consigliere, choosing rather to use acting boss or committees run by a number of captains to keep the feds guessing.
Albanians are killing and even protecting Italians all the time, Peter Gottis bodyguard was Albanian or John Juniors, one of those.... by the 90's the main assassins for the Gambino Crim Family were Albanians....

you cannot compare the Italians to the Albanians in manpower in the US, you just cant we have more of it... The Italians are wealthier than us in the US, Ill admit it... they been around for over 100 years... still when it comes to raw manpower the Albanians are leading the US when talking about mobsters...
There are many groups in the U.S. that have far larger sources of manpower than the LCN, but I don't think Albanians are one of them. I've never seen any estimates to how many members of Alabanian organized crime there are in the country but they appear to remain a small minority in both the general population and the criminal underworld. According to the FBI, Albanian groups have been identified in 12 different cities. They are usually relatively small, tight-knit, and clan-like, revolving around a few central leaders.

dunkykong
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: dodge city

Unread post by dunkykong » April 7th, 2008, 1:54 pm

yawl kill all that off topic noise.............................free meech :evil:

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » April 7th, 2008, 6:09 pm

lets stick to black organized crime on this thread.