Glasgow more violent than New York

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 30th, 2008, 11:24 am

9Caliber wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
9Caliber wrote:We all know American citys have the highest murder rates in the 1st world. But for some reason everyone seems to think that it makes them the most violent citys in the 1st world.
I consider someone who has lost most of their friends to homicide in a worse position than someone who keeps getting knocked out and robbed. So yeah.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, how many times!!! All it comes down to in america is your sky high "homicide rate"!

It doesnt mean its a violent country! Violence isnt just murder! what dont you understand?
yeah violence isn't just murder but I'd much rather get beat up and robbed then shot in the face and die.

Yea i agree getting shot is a lot worse, but id rather be in a place where theres still a very small chance that youll get shot i.e most american citys, than somewhere where im quite likely to get robbed beaten up or stabbed. Which is a lot of British citys.
A very small chance?

Theres still a chance, and its higher than Europe.

And dont think that if you move to the US you are escaping your everyday burglaries and assaults. lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is a very small chance, How many murders do you see per 100,000 people? About 10 or something isnt it?
And i bet atleast half of them are gang related. So if i was a law adiding citizen then there would be a 0.1% chance that i would get shot. I dunno about you but id say theyre pritty small odds.
Naw man you aren't listening.

1. For US cities it ranges from 30-70 murders per 100,000.

2. I know people from US cities that have lost most of their friends to homicide, I've sat next to killers in school, I know someone who's brother murdered someone, hell I even get my gas at a homicide scene so don't come at me sideways with that stuff.

I don't know if there is more crime or not in England but don't walk around acting like your city is some sort of place to be revered. Welcome to the club if thats the case, don't gloat about it and just hope that nothing bad ever happens to anyone you know.

Trust me, you will grow out of this "My city is so hard!" phase.

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » May 31st, 2008, 6:43 am

punamusta wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
punamusta wrote:
jamie1088 wrote:
It says it here......[/b]The Reform Scotland report said there was now more violent crime per head of population in Glasgow than in New York.
I'm sure New York has way harder areas than Glasgow does.
Which is nothing to be proud of.
Why would I be proud of it? I've never been in New York or even in USA nor will I ever be. Just said what I said, because I think this Glasgow hyping here is on the edge of turning comedy (although I like Scottish people and basically feel what they are saying). But the fact is that Europe has several more violent and more dangerous cities than Glasgow.

Like where?

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » May 31st, 2008, 6:52 am

A Ghost wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
A Ghost wrote: I consider someone who has lost most of their friends to homicide in a worse position than someone who keeps getting knocked out and robbed. So yeah.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, how many times!!! All it comes down to in america is your sky high "homicide rate"!

It doesnt mean its a violent country! Violence isnt just murder! what dont you understand?
yeah violence isn't just murder but I'd much rather get beat up and robbed then shot in the face and die.

Yea i agree getting shot is a lot worse, but id rather be in a place where theres still a very small chance that youll get shot i.e most american citys, than somewhere where im quite likely to get robbed beaten up or stabbed. Which is a lot of British citys.
A very small chance?

And dont think that if you move to the US you are escaping your everyday burglaries and assaults. lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is a very small chance, How many murders do you see per 100,000 people? About 10 or something isnt it?
And i bet atleast half of them are gang related. So if i was a law adiding citizen then there would be a 0.1% chance that i would get shot. I dunno about you but id say theyre pritty small odds.

2. I know people from US cities that have lost most of their friends to homicide, I've sat next to killers in school, I know someone who's brother murdered someone, hell I even get my gas at a homicide scene so don't come at me sideways with that stuff.

I don't know if there is more crime or not in England but don't walk around acting like your city is some sort of place to be revered. Welcome to the club if thats the case, don't gloat about it and just hope that nothing bad ever happens to anyone you know.

Ok, so we've established that Glasgow is more violent than New York.

Never once did I bloat about it. Also Ive already told you that we all know that citys in the U.S generally have higher murder rates. I didnt doubt you. What im saying is that its a very small chance that the average citizen will get shot in america. As it is with most other countrys in the world.

Ok so 70 murders per 100,000. Thats still a 0.7% chance of getting murdered. Thats still a very small chance.

Im sure you have had all these experiences, but do you think the majority of your city has? (apart from the gas station bit)

Im not saying my city is so hard. Its funny you say that because youre the one that drops in your citys murder rate wherever you can. It seems to me that youre the one bloating about how hard your city is!

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » May 31st, 2008, 7:35 am

9Caliber wrote:
punamusta wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
punamusta wrote:
jamie1088 wrote:
It says it here......[/b]The Reform Scotland report said there was now more violent crime per head of population in Glasgow than in New York.
Why would I be proud of it? I've never been in New York or even in USA nor will I ever be. Just said what I said, because I think this Glasgow hyping here is on the edge of turning comedy (although I like Scottish people and basically feel what they are saying). But the fact is that Europe has several more violent and more dangerous cities than Glasgow.

Like where?
For example Tallinn, Narva, Riga, St. Petersburg, Lahti, Helsinki, Sofia, Tirana, Pori, etc.

Why would Glasgow all of a sudden be the most dangerous city in Europe?
Last edited by punamusta on May 31st, 2008, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 31st, 2008, 8:55 am

9Caliber wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
9Caliber wrote:

A very small chance?

Ok, so we've established that Glasgow is more violent than New York.

Never once did I bloat about it. Also Ive already told you that we all know that citys in the U.S generally have higher murder rates. I didnt doubt you. What im saying is that its a very small chance that the average citizen will get shot in america. As it is with most other countrys in the world.

Ok so 70 murders per 100,000. Thats still a 0.7% chance of getting murdered. Thats still a very small chance.

Im sure you have had all these experiences, but do you think the majority of your city has? (apart from the gas station bit)

Im not saying my city is so hard. Its funny you say that because youre the one that drops in your citys murder rate wherever you can. It seems to me that youre the one bloating about how hard your city is!
Im just giving you real talk I come in here too see what information is gonna be in here and I see people winking?

Come on now.

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » June 1st, 2008, 5:41 am

What do you mean?

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » June 1st, 2008, 5:43 am

punamusta wrote:
9Caliber wrote:
punamusta wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
punamusta wrote:
jamie1088 wrote:

Like where?
For example Tallinn, Narva, Riga, St. Petersburg, Lahti, Helsinki, Sofia, Tirana, Pori, etc.

Why would Glasgow all of a sudden be the most dangerous city in Europe?

I dont know wether its the most dangerous city in europe, but its never had a good reputation. I have'nt heard of a lot of those citys so i dont really know what theyre like. But i know Glasgow must be on the same sortof level.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: Glasgow more violent than New York

Unread post by Sentenza » June 1st, 2008, 5:58 am

A Ghost wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
jamie1088 wrote:Glasgow could learn lessons from New York about how to tackle crime,
Not a good idea.

They can go for it, if the minority population in that city wants to get shot 50 times for pulling out a wallet.
I am not sure, but i think they dont even have a lot of minorities there, probably Pakistanis and Indians. But i am not sure, i have never been there, just drove through it once.
When I say "minority" I dont mean African-American, I mean whatever ethnicity is IN the minority of that country.

You said Pakistanis and Indians.

So that means there will be racial tension between the Pakistinians and police.
Yea i know, but i think Scotland is pretty homogeneous and by far most of the criminals there are white, thats what i meant.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 1st, 2008, 8:04 am

9Caliber wrote:What do you mean?
Zixx wrote:Landskrona in sweden is more violent than new york, so im not really suprised. :wink:

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » June 1st, 2008, 10:33 am

Nah i still dont get whatyour trying to say?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » June 1st, 2008, 2:35 pm

9Caliber wrote:Nah i still dont get whatyour trying to say?
your comparing apples and oranges, and there are people gloating..

Thats the basic idea of it.

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » June 2nd, 2008, 1:41 am

Ok.

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » June 2nd, 2008, 1:42 am

Ok.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » June 2nd, 2008, 9:39 am

Glasgow has always been a violent city due to its gang culture,sectarian divide and organised crime,wether its more or less violent than anywhere else doesnt matter.

Zixx
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Re:

Unread post by Zixx » December 13th, 2008, 1:41 pm

A Ghost wrote:
Zixx wrote:Landskrona in sweden is more violent than new york, so im not really suprised. :wink:
And you're proud?
Did i say so?