Lakers vs. Celtics in the 2008 Finals

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Lakers vs. Celtics in the 2008 Finals

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » June 15th, 2008, 10:08 pm

Boston is a bandwagon team/with alike fans. The only real Celtic that has been there and weathered the storms of past is Paul Pierce, who was a player who never managed anything until this year when he got two other All stars caliber players on his team. The Celtics where favored by the league to win it all this year. Where talking about one of the greatest franchises of all sports history here, do you think the NBA would really allow that damn city and team to go this long with out getting another trophy? 20 plus years no ring? Hell no. The Lakers already got there dynasty going again this decade after the slump in the 90's. The Lakers/Celtics finals was favored since the second half of this season. Its not hard to see, and if you cant see this then you have to be a fool.

They wanna make it seem like this Boston team is one of the greats when there not even in the shadows of the old Celtics team of the 80s. Those where the REAL Celtics I may add. None of this glamor sugar coated shit of today. And by glamor and suger coated I mean, you had all of the originals back then Bird, MChale, etc.. who where all there sticking it out in the 70's when Boston had some dry spells. This Boston team is a bandwagon team that formed from basically nothing into this powerhouse simply because of all these new players they acquired in the off season of 2007. Caselle is a team hopper in a major way, Garnett aint no true Celtic, and was just a waste of talent until he got to Boston, Posey is another team hopper who like Caselle can never stick it out when times get rough so they jump ship, Ray Allen is a team hopper. All these cats aint done nothing for the Celtic franchise besides show up a few years late to burst some new glory into this new look team.

All that aside the Lakers have now proven two games in a row that they can blowout the Celtics by a big margin, the question that now remains is can they actually learn to play consistently for a full 48 minutes. Can they maintain this dominate manner of play the've done so well in the first half? That is what concerns me about the Lakers, is their inability to put them on the ropes and keep that foot on the neck. Our killer instinct begins to dwindle after the second half and we allow the opposing team to gain momentum, thus allowing them back into the games. 3-2 is alot better than 3-1, but the way we close out games has not convinced me at all, there is no way in hell the Lakers can win anything making silly plays such as they did in these previous games. Now really all the Lakers have to do now is win one more in Boston then the momentum switches to the Lakers and puts major pressure back on Boston. This aint no mission impossible and I find it amusing how many are calling this series over. A 3-1 comeback is possible and HAS been done in the playoffs, not in the Finals but logically what is the difference? Its still a 48 minute game in the Finals and this is the NBA "where amazing happens" after all LOL.

I'm also now beginning to believe that if the Lakers would have won game 4 this series would have favored them greatly. If not been a wrap.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 15th, 2008, 11:11 pm

NYTE_RYDA wrote:Boston is a bandwagon team/with alike fans. The only real Celtic that has been there and weathered the storms of past is Paul Pierce, who was a player who never managed anything until this year when he got two other All stars caliber players on his team. The Celtics where favored by the league to win it all this year. Where talking about one of the greatest franchises of all sports history here, do you think the NBA would really allow that damn city and team to go this long with out getting another trophy? 20 plus years no ring? Hell no. The Lakers already got there dynasty going again this decade after the slump in the 90's. The Lakers/Celtics finals was favored since the second half of this season. Its not hard to see, and if you cant see this then you have to be a fool.

They wanna make it seem like this Boston team is one of the greats when there not even in the shadows of the old Celtics team of the 80s. Those where the REAL Celtics I may add. None of this glamor sugar coated shit of today. And by glamor and suger coated I mean, you had all of the originals back then Bird, MChale, etc.. who where all there sticking it out in the 70's when Boston had some dry spells. This Boston team is a bandwagon team that formed from basically nothing into this powerhouse simply because of all these new players they acquired in the off season of 2007. Caselle is a team hopper in a major way, Garnett aint no true Celtic, and was just a waste of talent until he got to Boston, Posey is another team hopper who like Caselle can never stick it out when times get rough so they jump ship, Ray Allen is a team hopper. All these cats aint done nothing for the Celtic franchise besides show up a few years late to burst some new glory into this new look team.

All that aside the Lakers have now proven two games in a row that they can blowout the Celtics by a big margin, the question that now remains is can they actually learn to play consistently for a full 48 minutes. Can they maintain this dominate manner of play the've done so well in the first half? That is what concerns me about the Lakers, is their inability to put them on the ropes and keep that foot on the neck. Our killer instinct begins to dwindle after the second half and we allow the opposing team to gain momentum, thus allowing them back into the games. 3-2 is alot better than 3-1, but the way we close out games has not convinced me at all, there is no way in hell the Lakers can win anything making silly plays such as they did in these previous games. Now really all the Lakers have to do now is win one more in Boston then the momentum switches to the Lakers and puts major pressure back on Boston. This aint no mission impossible and I find it amusing how many are calling this series over. A 3-1 comeback is possible and HAS been done in the playoffs, not in the Finals but logically what is the difference? Its still a 48 minute game in the Finals and this is the NBA "where amazing happens" after all LOL.

I'm also now beginning to believe that if the Lakers would have won game 4 this series would have favored them greatly. If not been a wrap.
blah, blah, blah. this aint rocket science.

just take this L for this series.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 16th, 2008, 10:41 am

NYTE_RYDA wrote:This Boston team is a bandwagon team that formed from basically nothing into this powerhouse simply because of all these new players they acquired in the off season of 2007. Caselle is a team hopper in a major way, Garnett aint no true Celtic, and was just a waste of talent until he got to Boston, Posey is another team hopper who like Caselle can never stick it out when times get rough so they jump ship, Ray Allen is a team hopper. All these cats aint done nothing for the Celtic franchise besides show up a few years late to burst some new glory into this new look team..
Come on man, its called making improvements.
What teams them dudes played for last year dont matter.
They Celtics now and they winning.

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » June 16th, 2008, 4:15 pm

clipse wrote:blah, blah, blah. this aint rocket science.

just take this L for this series.
LOL. Figures I would get a response from the only idiot in this section who always has to come in with some BS and nothing to back it. "blah, blah,blah" is rite. Can you manage to say anything better though?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 16th, 2008, 5:21 pm

There is no doubt that the Boston Celtics are good and maybe a great team. There defense is like a swarm, they close up all the lanes, switch up, and go after loose balls with a vengence.

I think Pau Gasol has taken a beating in this series, he needs to get stronger. He is either too soft and they are just beating him up.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 17th, 2008, 10:51 am

alexalonso wrote:There is no doubt that the Boston Celtics are good and maybe a great team. There defense is like a swarm, they close up all the lanes, switch up, and go after loose balls with a vengence.
As soft as Pau Gasol is, as bad as Kobe has played as much as Farmar and Sash has dissappeared, as many dumb fouls as odom and Fisher have made, as badly as phil Jackson has coached... it could easily be Lakers up 3-2.

Maybe i'm looking at the glass as half empty instead of have full, but Boston doesn't look that great to me. Kevin Garnett is not hungry enough, Ray Allen comes and goes, Sam Cassell can't play a lot of minutes, and rondo has been exposed... no one even sticks dude, they leave him wide open- he sucks! Its been Pierce and Posey, but at the sametime, with game 5 on the line Paul Pierce totally dissappeared in the last 5 minutes of the game and was completely shut down when kobe stuck him..

Gasol, Odom, and Radmonovic just stood at the rim and Pierce missed two lay-ups.. with that said, either the talent in the NBA is near an all time low, is this is just flat out a poor display of Championship quaility on both teams.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 17th, 2008, 11:28 am

AllhoodPublications wrote: either the talent in the NBA is near an all time low,
definatly

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » June 17th, 2008, 3:26 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:
alexalonso wrote:There is no doubt that the Boston Celtics are good and maybe a great team. There defense is like a swarm, they close up all the lanes, switch up, and go after loose balls with a vengence.
As soft as Pau Gasol is, as bad as Kobe has played as much as Farmar and Sash has dissappeared, as many dumb fouls as odom and Fisher have made, as badly as phil Jackson has coached... it could easily be Lakers up 3-2.

Maybe i'm looking at the glass as half empty instead of have full, but Boston doesn't look that great to me. Kevin Garnett is not hungry enough, Ray Allen comes and goes, Sam Cassell can't play a lot of minutes, and rondo has been exposed... no one even sticks dude, they leave him wide open- he sucks! Its been Pierce and Posey, but at the sametime, with game 5 on the line Paul Pierce totally dissappeared in the last 5 minutes of the game and was completely shut down when kobe stuck him..

Gasol, Odom, and Radmonovic just stood at the rim and Pierce missed two lay-ups.. with that said, either the talent in the NBA is near an all time low, is this is just flat out a poor display of Championship quaility on both teams.
This series has been garbage, ridiculous, unentertaining and a joke period. I can't remember ever seeing this kind of mediocre game play taking place in the Finals from both teams. I do however agree that IF the Lakers would have managed to win game 2 it would be Boston that would be down 3-2 and not the Lakers. That was the turning point in this series in my opinion and is what ultimately put the Lakers on their backs.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 17th, 2008, 3:33 pm

how is it all of a sudden boring and unentertaining when the lakers lose.
I bet if they win 1 more game its gonna be "Oh we bout to bust they ass and take the chip"

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Unread post by Jinky08 » June 17th, 2008, 3:35 pm

The game is on at 1:50 am for people in the UK on Channel 5 :)

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » June 17th, 2008, 4:52 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:how is it all of a sudden boring and unentertaining when the lakers lose.
I bet if they win 1 more game its gonna be "Oh we bout to bust they ass and take the chip"
Once again it figures that a Laker hater would say something along those lines. I can honestly say this series has been nothing special and was pure hype, whether it was the Lakers in front or how it currently stands the series started out dull and played out stale period. Its been a far cry from the "great series" that was highly publicized prior.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 17th, 2008, 8:45 pm

NYTE_RYDA wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:how is it all of a sudden boring and unentertaining when the lakers lose.
Once again it figures that a Laker hater would say something along those lines. I can honestly say this series has been nothing special and was pure hype, whether it was the Lakers in front or how it currently stands the series started out dull and played out stale period. Its been a far cry from the "great series" that was highly publicized prior.
How am i a laker hater?
If anything im a Boston hater cuz they in the East.
Im a Sixers fan thats watching this series with nuetral eyes.
Shit, in game 2 i was rooting for the Lakers to make that comeback just like i was rooting for the Celtics to make the comeback in game 4.
Game 3 had Sasha playin hard and makin timely shots and i was cheering for dude to make them shots.
Was this series one of the greats like it was supposed to be?Maybe not
But saying this series was boring and bad seems a little bias dont ya think?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 17th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Celtics win by 39.
Come on homie thats impressive, even laker fans gotta admit that.

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » June 17th, 2008, 9:29 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
NYTE_RYDA wrote:
How am i a laker hater?
If anything im a Boston hater because they in the East.
Im a Sixers fan thats watching this series with nuetral eyes.
Shit, in game 2 i was rooting for the Lakers to make that comeback just like i was rooting for the Celtics to make the comeback in game 4.
Game 3 had Sasha playin hard and makin timely shots and i was cheering for dude to make them shots.
Was this series one of the greats like it was supposed to be?Maybe not
But saying this series was boring and bad seems a little bias dont ya think?
Who called you a Laker hater? You must have miss read my post. I stated how I felt about this series point blank, no one said you had to agree with my thoughts or opinions. But this series was far from great. It was to lopsided to be considered great. The Lakers floundered under Bostons defense and our key players vanished in these circumstances. Boston played better in this series and they were rewarded for doing so and thats that. Credit must be given to them for that and I won't rob them of it.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 17th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Oh.....
you misread my post which lead me to misread your post responding to that post you misread.
Well whatever with all that, its all good.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 17th, 2008, 10:05 pm

and was it just me or did the Lakers not look like they wanted to win in game 6

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » June 17th, 2008, 10:14 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Oh.....
you misread my post which lead me to misread your post responding to that post you misread.
Once again it figures that a Laker hater would say something along those lines

LOL. Not once did I say YOU,or even mention the likes of you in that sentence. I was speaking in general and figured you where speaking in general as well, you forgot to make yourself clear as to who you where speaking on, yourself or the so called "Laker fans" as a whole. Its not a problem take it as you want it homie. I give Boston total credit they destroyed the Lakers weak interior defense and capatilized and their horrible offense. They played a terrible game period, treated this more like a regular season game like they had nothing to lose they lacked everything and it showed.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 17th, 2008, 11:44 pm

they werent even sad about it...no one was cryin on the bench like the past years of losers

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 18th, 2008, 9:53 am

NYTE_RYDA wrote:you forgot to make yourself clear as to who you where speaking on, yourself or the so called "Laker fans" as a whole.
You talkin bout this post?
I said this when the series was Boston 3-2
it should of been obvious that i was talking about laker fans cuz if the celtics won 1 more game they would already have the championship.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 18th, 2008, 9:57 am

Mcminister wrote:they werent even sad about it...no one was cryin on the bench like the past years of losers
No one was crying at the end of the game cuz they already knew they were gonna lose at halftime.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 18th, 2008, 12:27 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
Mcminister wrote:they werent even sad about it...no one was cryin on the bench like the past years of losers
No one was crying at the end of the game because they already knew they were gonna lose at halftime.

word word...it was pretty ugly

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 18th, 2008, 5:31 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote: how is it all of a sudden boring and unentertaining when the lakers lose.
lol..you already know!!

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 18th, 2008, 5:33 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
No one was crying at the end of the game.
Bet you these "fans" was crying though. some of these really was stupid enough to think this was their year. have these fans even looked at their roster??

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 18th, 2008, 5:34 pm

NYTE_RYDA wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Oh.....
Once again it figures that a Laker hater would say something along those lines

LOL. Not once did I say YOU,or even mention the likes of you in that sentence. I was speaking in general and figured you where speaking in general as well, you forgot to make yourself clear as to who you where speaking on, yourself or the so called "Laker fans" as a whole. Its not a problem take it as you want it homie. I give Boston total credit they destroyed the Lakers weak interior defense and capatilized and their horrible offense. They played a terrible game period, treated this more like a regular season game like they had nothing to lose they lacked everything and it showed.

Man just take that L. Its over!

wattsygsnoop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wattsygsnoop » June 18th, 2008, 10:22 pm

they celtics won lakers need to have gasol in some stregh training he is hella soft like and the celtics desevred it they palyed hell defense and went 4 everthing like savages defense wins games with the help of sum good offense i say better luck nexx year lakers

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » June 18th, 2008, 10:32 pm

HOW the FUCK DID KEVIN GARNETT END UP ON THAT TEAM..
LAKERS DIDNT EVEN HAVE A TEAM WHEN U THINK ABOUT IT

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » June 18th, 2008, 11:49 pm

Allen and Rondo was possesed that game but the lakers was fuckin Rondo ass up...i had ta give rondo props that game he was makin kobe look foolish but he still dribble like them looney tunes on space jam plus he look like Smokey off of Friday The Animated Series...lol...at least the MVP from the west they got that...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re:

Unread post by alexalonso » June 21st, 2008, 12:52 am

alexalonso wrote:The Celtics have no answer for Lamar Odom. I think everyone else matches up. I think the LAkers bench is a bit better, but Lamar is the x-factor, and we know he can disappear. I would like to see Turiaf on Garnett to see if Turiaf can hand and muscle him to shoot that fade.

Odom didnt show up for the finals. He is a liability, trade him for Ron Artest.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by Vincetheprince » June 28th, 2008, 6:32 am

ron artest and Kobe have a beef