assualt weapons ban bein lifted

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Humblebee

assualt weapons ban bein lifted

Unread post by Humblebee » September 12th, 2004, 8:13 pm

I think the system is trying 2 make mo cash and find a way 4 us 2 kill each other quicker.. Mo high powered guns n mo people hands... Newer weapons n the low budget black market (the homeboy round the way black market) (no mo rusty tec's) we prolly will see mo white kids goin on dey killing sprees with weapons that dey prolly didn't have access 2... What yall think?

Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: assualt weapons ban bein lifted

Unread post by Interested » September 13th, 2004, 1:45 pm

Kind of hard to tell. Another Coloumbine could happen, or more bank robberies.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 13th, 2004, 2:26 pm

California has it's own law which will prevent AK-47 and many other type firearms from being sold.

Ducati
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ducati » September 13th, 2004, 6:15 pm

Is there a link to this? Or an article I can read up on?

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » October 18th, 2004, 7:05 pm

You can drive to Nevada and by an AR-15 and the hellfire switch (kit) needed to convert it to Auto...you drive back to Cali and you have a banned assault weapon..

Laws like this never work...if someone wants something bad enough, they will find a way to get it.

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » October 25th, 2004, 11:58 am

Conman that's true, but it's all about supply and demand - basic economics. If you raise the price, which these laws do, then it raises the costs to getting a weapon, and some people drop out of the market if the cost outweighs their benefits. So, if you want to have less people around stashing guns just for the hell of it, weapons laws might do the trick.

You need to evaluate with research before you say it does or doesn't work.

shaky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaky » October 25th, 2004, 3:59 pm

Yeah its gon be wild. You just got to watch who you miss with cause you might get sprayed missing with the wrong person.

Psilly
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Psilly » January 23rd, 2005, 8:24 pm

Humblebee wrote:I think the system is trying 2 make mo cash and find a way 4 us 2 kill each other quicker.. Mo high powered guns n mo people hands... Newer weapons n the low budget black market (the homeboy round the way black market) (no mo rusty tec's) we prolly will see mo white kids goin on dey killing sprees with weapons that dey prolly didn't have access 2... What yall think?
Hate to inform you Blacks killing in the streets is amazingly more common than Columbine,or "white kid killing sprees" or bank robberies (where hardly anyone ever dies anyway, and when they do it's usually the robber).
Also "the" system loses "mo" money prosecuting all the idiots that do that shit anyway,and gun manufacturing companies get sued for even more. The company & gun shop that sold it got a huge lawsuit over the coward D.C. sniper,who was not a "white kid".
The ban only concerned flash supressors, bayonet mounts & high capacity magazines, some of which are still outlawed under state law.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 24th, 2005, 2:05 pm

Are you joking? I can go into great details about guns i collect them and i find it very enjoyable shooting them. The ban that was just lifted did this: you can have multiple things on your gun that was previously banned. Before that ban you could have only 2 of these things. Some of these things were high capaciety magazine, shortened/collapsible stock, cant remeber for sure but something to do with your sights, bayonet holder, threaded barrel. Now i ask you would any of these help you kill someone or be more lethal besides the high cap magazine(remember though you can still have that high cap magazine a collapsible stock but nothing else). You could also buy a gun you can modify all you want that was pre-ban they just cost more money. Now all your high cap clips and such are legal even if they state for lawe inforcement only. Before they lifted the ban you could still buy the same clip it was just they made it before the ban and instead of costing you 20 dollars it would cost you 50 dollars. The guns lets say AR-15 would cost you 1500 dollars pre-ban and the post ban version would still cost you 800 dollars.

Even with that law you could get goverment stamps to buy full automatic weapons and silencers while still being legal.

That law was rediculous and not thought out it did little to no good and just made the prices raise on certain things that were pre-ban. Also i bought a brand new Tec-9, and AK-47 while that law was in effect.(Tec-9's are pieces of crap i know first hand)

Psilly
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Psilly » January 24th, 2005, 3:02 pm

Kodiak, your right, I forgot about collapsible stocks. That only makes concealing a rifle easier & for close combat situations, can see why it was illegal. Sliencers I'm not sure about but I know it was a fed case. Can't modify a rifle anyway you want, I know barrel length, atleast for shotguns, is still on the books in most states. High cap. magazines were on e-bay, but they used to cost a shitload, now H&K & Beretta have them on special on their websites.
Would any of these things help you kill someone? If you really wanted to you could use a grapefruit spoon. Some $50 dollar pawnshop pistol will kill someone. On the other hand, flash suppressors are only used to conceal ones' position at night (also slow muzzle velocity somewhat). Bayonets are pretty handy for close combat. Rarely used as a kitchen utensil. Folding stocks are useful for close combat & hiding a rifle. Threaded barrels are only for one thing, sure as hell ain't trying to put a bolt in there. I think the sights (the banned ones) are irridium (probably mangled the spelling), the ones that glow in the dark. I would say some of these things would assist in killing someone if that was your purpose, or atleast concealing your position.
What is the law on silencers? I know you can get a license for full auto as a collector, didn't know it was an option for silenced weapons. What reason could you need one for?
I still stand by my position that the ban being lifted has nothing to do with them being used for murder. Access has nothing to do with anything, most guns used for murder are stolen or bought on the street. Who the hell is gonna off someone with a gun they have registered in their name? Unless of course they broke in your home, even then the cops take the weapon & it costs more to get it back than the gun is worth to begin with.
I also think the ban has nothing to do with more high velocity weapons. Desert Eagle .50's are legal. Thats about as high power as a pistol can get. More available on the street? If someone wanted a high power weapon they weren't covered under the ban anyway. With the other options available now, maybe more will own them so through house robberies maybe more will be on the street but I don't think it's gonna make that big of a difference.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 24th, 2005, 3:28 pm

I personally havent heard of many people using a bayonet as a weapon though outside of war hehe. About why i said collapsible stocks and high cap mags. Yes they will help you off someone BUT under that law you were allowed only two of those restricted things. So you could have high cap mag and collapsible stock and still be legal. Would adding a bayonet or one of the other things would help you more in normal situations?

Ya the sights i think were night sights they are glow in the dark sights that help you fire in the dark. Was either those or ghost ring sights.

As far as the silencer thing. No idea what so ever what you would use that for other then malious. Poaching or killing someone quietly is the only things that pop to mind fast.

Ya the normal length of shotgun is min 16 inches for most states. By modification i meant the banned things like stock, magazine, bayonet holder, ect.

Hands down the most deadly weapon in close combat is shotgun period. I have personally seen the power of a shotgun when fired on someone and its very powerfull and gruesome.

One other thing i have always wondered. Why do all idiots choose 9mm? Look at bullet size and velocity charts. The bigger the bullet with less powder the slower it goes giving it a harder hit and more likely not to go through your target into the baby ten houses down. Personally i carry my .45 sig legally (concealed handguns license). For home defense though i'll go for the shotgun faster then anything. There was a study i read somewhere not sure where but it was actual burglars and what sound they found the most frighting while entering a house and it was the pump of a shotgun HAHAHA.

Psilly
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Psilly » January 24th, 2005, 6:37 pm

I have heard of veterans wanting a bayonet on a rifle because they learned to shoot with the added weight. A K-bar does weight a pound something & being at the end of the rifle could make a difference. One could also argue a heavier rifle makes for a steadier shooting platform. Since they're not always directly under the rifle I guess if you got used to it, maybe it would cause you to correct automatically to one side slightly.
As for "normal" situations, I don't know. I don't normally shoot at people. I guess if you emptied the clip & missed w/all shots you could charge someone with the blade or throw it like a spear but you could do either with a non-adorned rifle.
Only semi-civilian use for a silencer I ever heard of was hunting deer at night in an animal preserve designated neighborhood where I used to live, but only cops were allowed to do it.
Yeah, a shotty is nasty at close range, letting loose w/a double twelve looks like someone got hit with a grenade.
Don't know why 9's are soo popular. Too small & too fast, usually an in & out wound. I lived in Oakland when the police switched from 9's to 10's for tissue damage. They usually use +P loads, too. A 10 mm. is pretty much a .40 cal.
Now, I've heard people say a .45 is too slow, but no one that ever was hit by one said that. The 1911 was produced by the army due to Phillipino "human wave" attacks because it can hit someone in the hand & the shock will still spin them around & put them down. My compliments, a Sig-Sauer is a great gun. Have an H&K MP-5 for around the house myself. .40 S&W.
Seems anyone breaking into houses knows certain sounds. Had someone claiming to be a cable guy try to get into my apartment when I wasn't home. Had the young lady I live with call me when he was at the door. She let the slide fly on a Beretta I own, magically he went away.
Good talking to you, hey, if I have some questions can I pm you?

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 24th, 2005, 7:52 pm

Definatly PM i love to chat with other gun lovers.

Hehe i dont make it a habit to shoot at people either dont get me wrong. Wow you have a MP-5 for around the house? I heard that was a very nice gun although i also heard they run like 4k and my wife is so closed minded she wont let me spend that much while we are trying to save. =( haha

I was living in Oregon when i was younger and had a double barrel 12 gauge shorty. You know the coach guns? Well i shot a tree with both barrels to see the damage it would cause. Not my brightest moment =) ROFL. Well needless to say i was picking bird shot out of my face for a couple weeks. Little bit of scaring but nothing really barely broke the skin for the most part. It sure stunned me and my cousin was knocked to the ground by it.

One thing i might warn ya about though there has been several breakins where the person defended themselves with a assault rifle. When it went to court the robber's lawyers were trying to say the other reason why a person would have a gun like that is to kill someone. They tried to act like the person was crazy for having a gun like that to defend his home. I know a cop and he says that the best weapon to use for home defense is something that isnt fancy in the least and plain jane looking. Just passing some knowledge to you personally i dont see the difference in shooting someone with a assault rifle or a hunting rifle. Fact is the person is still trying to break in your home and causing a very serious situation where you need to defend yourself.

One other thing i failed to mention that i love about shotguns and home defense is you can use bird shot since its such close quarters and it will still do incredible damage and has even more stopping/put down power then a slug or buckshot because the pattern of shot from bird shot spreads alot faster then buckshot and there is more pellets going at them. Plus it has a very slim chance of going through even sheet rock into your neighbors house.

I have read tests with different bullets that say .40 cal has more knockdown power with a corebon bullet then a .45 cal. I still use the .45 cal for carry weapon though. When i feel the need to carry it on my person i carry my colt defender .45 cal. It has alot smaller frame then my sig P-220 so easier to conceal. Although i rarely carry it on my person because i dont feel the need usually. So when i'm leaving in my car like to go to work i use my sig. Have yet to pull any weapon since i have gone legit thank god. One of the people i used to work with had to defend himself at a stop light next to my work though i work in a bad part of town.

Do you have trouble with your MP-5 jamming? I ask that because the Tec-9 i had jammed for sure if i used hollow points and still jammed quite often even when i used ball points. Something about them not polishing the reciever enough. I got rid of the Tec-9 i wasnt impressed in the least with it.

The next two weapons i'm planning on purchasing is going to be the shorty AR-15 collapsible stock. Then going to purchase Desert eagle .50 cal just to say looky what i got. =)

Hahaha at throwing the gun like a spear with a bayonet on the end.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 24th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Another question do you know why the army switched to .223 M-16?

Supposedly the .223 is designed to wound intead of kill. The goverment thought instead of just killing one person and having one out of the fight if you could wound one and it would cause for 2 people to be out of the fight because one would have to carry the other wounded one. The bullet .223 is designed if it hits the slightest thing it starts to tumble going end over end instead of doing the spiral like the normal round.

Psilly
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Psilly » January 24th, 2005, 8:55 pm

.223 is the civilian & police round for the AR-15. Army still uses 5.56 (also 7.65). That can hit you in the shoulder & come out your foot. Small & nasty.
Yes the MP-5 is expensive but as you know, in guns you get what you pay for. Had a friends boyfriend get snappy once, I asked him to leave & he talked about trashing my place. Came out of the bedroom with that & the whole place hit the floor. Lol. He left. It looks as nasty as it is.
Yes, I am familiar with lawyers going after someone using an assault rifle. The key is to shoot low proving non-lethal wounding. I know if I have to use it in that situation I'll lose the gun to the cops. I'm gonna say he tried to attack me after the fact & beat his ass to make it worth sacrificing my gun. Won't shoot if I don't have to but if someone is impolite enough to break in when I'm home whatever happens is justified in my eyes.
For a shotgun I like goose shot. Doesn't open up until it gets way out there, but devastating close in. Your totally right about not going through houses, I worry about that with the MP-5.
I have heard the theory about wounding, supposedly 1 wounded takes two more out of combat to help him. Also why almost no one but the Israelis use women in combat, seeing a woman wounded has an emotional effect on troops. The French tested a flachette round, which is a dart as apposed to a bullet that is just designed to wound but it's against the Geneva convention.
Hey, a fun thing to do w/a .45 round since it's soo fat. Use a drill press & a bit about 2/3rd's the thickness on a hollowpoint, go about 3/5th's down into the lead. Bust an old style thermometer & fill the bullet with the mercury. Melt the lead shavings in a spoon & lightly cover the open end & smooth it over. The mercury is all kinds of volatile & literally explodes when it hits something. Caught a tree on fire doing that, burned for hours.
Next weapon I get is gonna be a Galil, haven't decided on the model. The micro is much like the MP but it doesn't have the range. They're indestructable, an gun mag editor tortured it & even backed his car over the full size model & it fired like a charm. The AUG is also a fine weapon.

Psilly
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Psilly » January 24th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Oh, & never a problem with jamming, I'd sent it back to germany to get a new one if it ever did. Breech design prevents it totally on the machine pistol 5. Also it's tritium sights I was talking about. Don't have them on my MP5 but I could have them added. Only takes S&W .40 ammo, quality stuff that doesn't usually jam in pistols. Feel greasy to me but fire great.

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 25th, 2005, 12:31 am

Thats part of the reason you pay 4k quality weapon that works as its supposed to. Do they break all the way down fairly easy?

One other thing for your knowledge about .223/5.56 Nato. Refer to
http://www.snipercentral.com/223.htm
Same bullet just goverment likes to say it by the measurement of 5.56 CM. Dont know much about 7.65 although it looks sounds like 9mm luger came from that round from what i read.

Haha never tried that mercury idea. Interesting though i might try it on a throw away gun and have a idiot i dont care for much fire it first incase it blows up in his face haha /joking

Ya you can pick those flachette rounds up at the gun shows also the incenary round but i heard they are really bad for barrels. Flachette are nasty i heard though. One other thing that works great is cut some dimes up and reload your shell that shreads stuff pretty bad also.

Good number 2 shot is great for home defense thats considered a goose shot.

Havent heard of that galil time for me to go read up on them. =)

Psilly
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Psilly » January 25th, 2005, 12:32 pm

My MP5 breaks down fairly easy but is time consuming to put back together. German machinists kick ass.
On the mercury thing, it won't blow in the barrel (atleast it didn't for me) but thats why you use a fat round. It is obviously a hot load, rapid fire would probably cause cook-off. Very impressive, always wanted to hit some ballistic clay with one.
Have heard of chopped up dimes for shrapnel in other applications, doesn't it damage the riflings if used in a shell?
The Galil is wicked, what do you think of it?

kodiak
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kodiak » January 25th, 2005, 1:05 pm

Read up on that galil. Israeli weapons tend to be very good weapons. They have a good look thats for sure. I would get the ARM 7.62 mm personally because i dont care for the 5.65 nato round to much and dont like the look of the longer AR. They look good though havent been able to find any prices on them. How much they cost?

The cut up dimes shouldnt affect your rifling because in a shotgun unless you have a slug barrel there shouldnt be any rifling. I wouldnt try and figure out a way to put cut up dimes in a cartrige because it might screw up your rifling. Works well with a shotgun though because the top of the cartrige is enclosed.
How police trace a bullet to a specific gun in through the rifling. Each gun has subtle differences in the rifling. Shotguns are untraceable due to the smooth bore.

I love the look of the Car-15 model 733 http://world.guns.ru/assault/as50-e.htm shown here. Going to be my next buy.

But ya those galil definatly look very nice. Look to be a reliable gun also.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

and here the results

Unread post by Mraka » June 3rd, 2005, 9:49 am

what happenned since ban is lifted?
all good?

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » June 3rd, 2005, 12:03 pm

Kodiak is right on the Money. In the LEgion we were issued a French FAMAS rifle. A bull pup configured weapon. But you know all in all, you cant beat the AK. There are millions of semi auto AK's in this country and they are all inanimate objects. It still takes person to operate them. Gun laws just strip the people of the power our forefathers gave us.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » June 5th, 2005, 5:51 am

10 year old snipe around with`em throughout africa and asia.
You can shot on a range anytime,where is the problem.
Forefathers of Basces in Spain were pirates,they aren`t allowed to act that way anymore.

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » May 24th, 2006, 12:22 am

damn thats good.Guns dont kill people kill.The ak-47's are the weapons of choice of the talibans russians militarie and mobs.

I hate this micheal moore BS mentality guns are bad!

Dont forget what thomas jefferson said guns they are here to protect us from goverment tyranny.That why the second ammendement was passed stricly for that!

You take away guns you take away freedom!If the 6 millions jews had ak-47(whitch didnt exist back then but lets say they did)do you think the holocost would have happen?Or if african hand guns ya think they would had ben shipped to cotton fields?Think about it for a sec.Im not saying to walk around whit this shit but keep somewhere safe in your home and greet any fools whit it that crosses your front door