Valley vs LA?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
goober

Valley vs LA?

Unread post by goober » January 12th, 2004, 7:07 pm

I was wondering how LA varrios and sets feel toward San Fernando Valley sets and varrios. Do they respect each other? know of each other? etc.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Valley vs LA?

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 12th, 2004, 7:25 pm

know of each other??? ha ha, you can come with a better question than that cant you brother? it would be a little bit different if they were a thousand miles apart. of course they know of each other, san fer valley is a part of L.A., not tryin to sound like a smart ass but that question just dont sound right. do you bang or have you banged before? that will tell me what i'm trying to figure out...peace.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 13th, 2004, 12:05 pm

goober wrote:I was wondering how LA varrios and sets feel toward San Fernando Valley sets and varrios. Do they respect each other? know of each other? etc.
Well that depends. Alot of LA hoods have expanded and tried to expand to the SFV. This might have caused a general stigma towards those from the inner city of LA or other parts of LA county. But generally speaking there is a mutual respect coming and going from TRADITIONAL BARRIOS across the board. If the youngsters were schooled in the old ways then there shouldnt be any problems. For example, when I was active I would go cruising in the SFV. I ran into San Fer, Pacas, Canoga Parque Ast, Barrio Van Nuys etc and there where never any problems. Not to say there wernt snapper youngsters from those hoods, but atleast not any that I ran into. I did have a problem or two with youngsters from hoods like Blythe and Vineland though. Thats just the way it goes. I can tell you that I even came more respect to barrios that I say as traditional when I caught them slipping on the East Side. I respected old barrios like Florencia13, Happy Valley, San Fer , Rivera13, Avenues etc . My vets knew thier vets, state time etc. On the other hand I didnt give the same amount of respect to, what I saw at the time as, upstart hoods like wsRockwood, Gage Boys, esTMC etc. Believe or not thier is a different mentality, GENERALLY, with youngsters that come from traditional hoods, atleast there should be.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » January 13th, 2004, 2:46 pm

Note that GIBBY stated TRADITIONAL BARRIOS! That's 113% true right there! There is a difference between the wild clicks and the traditional barrios.

JD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JD » January 19th, 2004, 6:20 pm

Of course LA knows about valley gangs but most of the valley isn't really taken that seriously. Even though there's been gangs out here for a long time I would say that gangs haven't gotten serious about shit until recently. Most hoods out on the west valley and parts of the east valley you can walk through and not worry about anything like how gibby said he didn't run into that many problems. The only areas fools will trip on you hard is San Fernando & Pacoima. Now i've heard a lot of gangsters from LA talk shit about the valley most of the time because of what areas they saw of the valley when they went to high school out here but once they see Pacoima they change their minds. It seems like every area is claimed by a gang out in p town and there all trying to gain a rep. San Fernando isn't as grimey looking and doesn't have that many gangs but you can still get into some shit there real quick. And as far as valley respecting la yeah they can't really disrespect la because the valley isn't even on las level but they still talk their shit. Gonna happen regardless. Also It's not uncommon for someone to be born and raised in the valley and later on go and join a gang in LA. I'm not saying it happens all the time but it does happen.

The valley is right next door to LA but it might as well be 3000 miles away because areas like sgv, inland empire, beach cities, and all the other areas south of la area to me are way more connected to shit than the valley is. Cuz out here there's only a handful of LA gangs like 18th St, Echo Park CYS, MS, and a few others while out there I know it's different. If an LA neighborhood wanted to move into say an area like Reseda or Canoga Park they wouldn't run into any problems but it hasn't happened. The gangs in those cities aren't runnin anyone out i think it's just more of areas like that being overlooked for whatever reason.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 19th, 2004, 8:11 pm

i like the way you ran that down...good explanation! also welcome to the forum...

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » January 27th, 2004, 12:09 am

IM FROM THE VALLEY AND I CAN SAY LA IS WORST AND IT DOES SEEM THAT ALOT OF FOOLS TAKE US AS A JOKE PAKOIMA AINT ALL THAT ACTIVE ANYMORE BEKUZ OF THE INJUNCTIONS I WENT THROUGH

PACOIMA PROJECT BOYS HOOD , PACOIMA HUMPHREY BOYS HOOD,
AND MY HOOD PAKOIMA PIRU AND ALL 3 OF THEM ARE EMPTY

SO IF ALL GANGS IN LA WAS TO STOP BEEFIN AND ALL VALLEY GANGS WAS TO STOP BEEFIN AND ALL LA GANGS CAME TOGETHER TO GO AGAINST VALLEY GANGS AND VALLEY GANGS CAME TOGETHER TO GO AGAISNT LA GANGS IM PRETTY SURE WED LOSE VERY BADLY

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » January 27th, 2004, 11:02 pm

The valley isnt taken serous becuase most of it is not gehtto, There are a few particuller places in the valley that are like San fernando, Pocomia , North Hollywood, sylmar sorta and now van Nuys.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 9th, 2006, 1:23 am

Since LA is more of a metropolitan area, with a higher population density, and more immigrant communities that are larger, you are going to see more activity in the City of LA as opposed to the valley of LA, but in reality the valley is the City of LA but it is on the north side of the mountains, and when I am in the valley, it fells and looks like an entire different city.

elmwoodero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: east los angeles

Unread post by elmwoodero » August 15th, 2008, 6:11 pm

check it out, i am from the valle 818, and stand tall when i say that, but the real deal has to be given to los angeles, at least in prison the vatos from los angeles and sgv really put it down for the sur13, every other car pretty much hangs on the reps of los angeles and sgv cars, now dont get me wrong their are a few fools from the valle, not the numbers los has though.

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » October 6th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Past wrote:The valley isnt taken serous becuase most of it is not gehtto, There are a few particuller places in the valley that are like San fernando, Pocomia , North Hollywood, sylmar sorta and now van Nuys.
KNOW WHAT DO U THINK OF the VALLEY

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by Vincetheprince » October 23rd, 2008, 10:43 pm

the real gangs are taken serious period.

OG Redbone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Redbone » December 23rd, 2008, 4:51 pm

WHAT VALLEY U SPEAKIN ON

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”