Biggest blood set and Biggest Crip set in members

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
bake74

Biggest blood set and Biggest Crip set in members

Unread post by bake74 » July 9th, 2003, 8:36 am

In terms of your assumption about most active members who do you think is the biggest blood set and biggest crip set.

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » July 9th, 2003, 8:44 am

This may have changed but I heard the deepest damu set was the Rollin 20's N-hood Blood for the LOCs everyone say the Hoovas then East Coast Crips then the Rollin Sixties Neighborh60d Crips some1 let me know if this is accurate

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

The biggest black hoods in LA

Unread post by alexalonso » July 9th, 2003, 10:26 am

Here is a short list of the top hoods in LA based on size, not members, but size will sometimes be a good indicator of members.

1. Eight Trey Ganster Crips
2. Harlem Rollin 30s Crips
3. Neighbor Hood Rollin 20s Blood
4. Shot Gun Crip
5. Altadena Block Crip

In my thesis,
http://www.streetgangs.com/research/ Territoriality Among African American Street Gangs in Los Angeles there is a top ten list of Black gangs in there.

D.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by D. » July 10th, 2003, 3:42 am

I always thought East Coast Crips had the most members ... followed by Hoover,Sixties and Eight Tray Gangster ....

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Large Hoods

Unread post by alexalonso » July 10th, 2003, 12:27 pm

D. wrote:I always thought East Coast Crips had the most members ... followed by Hoover,Sixties and Eight Tray Gangster ....
If you add all the East Coast Hoods that are scattered all over LA's east side to Carson, then maybe they have the most members and they would be the larget geographical hood, but the problem is that their hoods are all individual hoods, but the 190 Block ECC have the largest of the ECC hoods and they are in the top 10 in geography.

The Hoovers are similar to the ECC but there hoods are closer together and are only seperated by two small hoods north of Florence but their biggest hood are 83 Hoovers.

The 60s are in the top 10 as one of the biggest hoods in LA County.

bake74

Unread post by bake74 » July 10th, 2003, 2:09 pm

Thanks for the info Alonso. In size does the east coast crips almost compare to 18th street.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 16th, 2003, 11:04 am

Here is a short list of the top hoods in LA based on size, not members, but size will sometimes be a good indicator of members.

4. Shot Gun Crip
5. Altadena Block Crip

Alonso how would this list look if you included mexican gangs in LA.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 16th, 2003, 11:39 am

18 st and florencia have like hoovers and east coast a gang of little clicks but if you put all those clics together than they are deeper ...
i put all the clicks i know from florencia and 18 st
just as info ...
FLORENCIA CLAIM ONLY ONE SIDE WICH IS SOUTH SIDE BUT THEY CAN BE FOUND ON FLORENCE AV FROM INGLEWOOD TO SANTA FE SPRING THAY HAVE CLIKS ALL OVER THE WORLD ALL THOSE CLICKS ARE IN L.A ]:LOS DIABLOS \JOKERS\TERMITES\ASSASSINS\NEIGHBORHOOD LOKOS\LIL RASCALS\TINY LOKOS NEAR 60'S HOOD\90ST DREAMBOYZ\85ST
\MALDITOS 58ST \MALOS\MIDGETS\HOLMES\NEIGHBORHOOD DEMON\TOKERS\GANGSTERS\64 ST LOKOTES\67STLOKOS \NITEOWLS\

18st HAVE AN EAST SIDE IN EAST L.A , WEST SIDE AND SOUTHSIDE ARE IN SOUTH CENTRAL , NORTH SIDE HOLLYWOOD ,HERE SOME OF THEIR CLICKS,DUSTY ITS CHECK IF I'M WRONG I GOT MOST OF THEM OUT OF THE NET LOL :D :
106 lokos \54 st tiny lokos\ALSACE GANGSTAZ\COLUMBIA LIL CYCLONES\53RD ST\7ST BROADWAY GANGSTAZ\7ST SHATTO GANGSTAZ\BONNIE BRAE LOKOS\HOOVER LOKOS\SMILEY DRIVE GANGSTAZ\RIMPAU GANGSTAZ\HOLLYWOOD GANGSTAZ\PICO GANGSTAZ\RANCHO PARQUE\TINY WINOS\TINY LOKOS\WALL STREET GANGSTAZ\SUR CENTRAL 18\TINY MALDITOS\PEE WEE WINOS\GRANDVIEW BOYZ\REDSHIELD BOYZ\URSULA BOYZ\
SO ITS MY 124 MESSAGE I AM THE NUMERO UNO LOLOLOL
YOU SEE THIS BOARD IS LIKE A HOOD 200 DEEP BUT HOW MANY ACTIV MEMBERS ? LOL 20?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Big Barrios in LA

Unread post by alexalonso » July 16th, 2003, 2:33 pm

ghost wrote:Here is a short list of the top hoods in LA based on size, not members, but size will sometimes be a good indicator of members.

4. Shot Gun Crip
5. Altadena Block Crip

Alonso how would this list look if you included mexican gangs in LA.
With the big barrios in LA it would be:
1. Canoga Park Alabama (valley)
2. Culver City 13
3. Harpys (west Adams)
4. Florencia 13 (in Florence)
5. Florencia 13 (south central)
6. 18th Street (Pico Union)
7. PlayBoys (e/s)

These 7 are based on geography not on members. I dont think that Canoga Park is that deep but they do have a large neighborhood and they had a gang injunction before. Othe big barrios would include 18th Street (mac arthur park), 38th Street (e/s), 18th Street (shatto park), 18th Street (south central in the 80s), and Mara Salvatrucha (Hollywood).

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 16th, 2003, 4:01 pm

I would say that the biggest chicano barrio has got to be 18th Street, and by that I mean sheer numbers. Other neighborhoods would beg to differ, or consider quality over quantity. Regardless, 18th Street would have to be the largest barrio member-wise. They were so big in and out, they could have gone out on "their own" if they wanted to. CPA? Wow, that's a trip, but then again there ain't nothing in Canoga Park. Who is the closest barrio to them? Reseda13 in reseda? Barrio Van Nuys in Van Nuys? Or Blythe Street in Panorama City? I'm not saying CPA ain't nothing, I'm saying they own/claim that entire city. It's kinda like the gangs out in the burbs too. You go to Norwalk, La Mirada, Whittier...those barrios claim the whole city. Not like here in L.A., you got your enemies about 3 to 4 blocks away from you. Or in EastLOS where your enemies is right across the street. There's a much more concentration of gangs in the inner-city compared to the "suburbs". I'm not disrespecting any barrio that is from the suburbs, or outside L.A. city. I'm talking about the difference in hood that is claimed, geographically.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Biggest blood set and Biggest Crip set in members

Unread post by bgcasper » July 17th, 2003, 5:13 am

its exactly what i'm talking about,you can't say a hood is deep just because he's got a big territory,like i'v said i don't think canoga park are deeper than grape street watts acording to the fact that canoga hood is 10 time like jordan down .i agree ,18 st are full of busters and crew members and wet backs ,crackass even homeless ,but they the deepest

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 18th, 2003, 10:06 am

Yeah,
18 is the biggest, but they jump in anybody. I mean anybody. Some barrios had rules and regulations, requirements to get in, getting vouched for...all that kinda stuff. But 18 is notorious for taking in the down-trodden, the one turned away from other gangs, 18 will jump those fools in and put them to work. They got the most heads for sure. Florencia has a big barrio too, or at least from what I remember. I don't know if they are still holding down that long ass street today though. I mean, the most I've ever seen of a neighborhood during the good ol' gangbanging days, I'd say maybe like 30-40 at one time. I never ran into like 100+ rival gangmembers (and I thank the gods I never did too, that's a hella ass whoopin' session right there). The most number of barrios that I ran into would probably be at a Pico Rivera LowRider Carshow back in the early 90s...tons of chicano hoods represented, but they were all like maybe 10-15 heads per hood...nobody tripped, hell Roger Zapp was playing "More Bounce" and "So Ruff" that day...it was a good day.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 18th, 2003, 11:55 am

you was at that show ... iv heard about that show ,zapp roger troutman thats whats hot ... and will always be hot ,if you go in compton ,even nowaday this is what my people love ...funk 4 life , those titles are what i still put on my ride .computer love ,i wanna be your man ,mo' bounce ,and all that tru stuff ,cameo candy ,con funk shun ,one way ,lakeside ,gap band,central line ,heatwave ,shalamar .....i'm out of topic ,the bigest blood set in number ?... its an hard question if we talk about compton i would say between fruit town piru and lueders park mob
for the rips i would say between nutty blocc and santana and southside

flyd

Unread post by flyd » November 21st, 2003, 9:27 am

i know this is an old post but i'm replying to alonsos post about cpa. CPA used to be huge back in the day but since then they have really gone down in size. There are other gangs that are moving into their hood so they're really not controlling shit. Most of cpa kicks it over by the apartments on oso & saticoy. You might see 20-30 of them just chillin outside on that side street for the aparments or on the back streets around there but that's pretty much the only place you'll see them at all the time. The reason why they had the injunction put on them is because their hood borders a lot of middle class to upper class areas which the city does not want their gang or other gangs to spill into. So they figure if they can keep them further east in the west valley that the gangs will stay concentrated in cities like winnetka, reseda, etc and won't move into woodland hills & west hills. So I think that's why they slapped them with an injunction cuz they are far from being the most feared varrio in the valley lol. Also there are other gangs in the valley that are closer to canoga then van nuys. You got bryant st over in northridge. Their hood is on parthenia st and tampa to the northwest, a little past parthenia and reseda to the northeast and down to tampa and roscoe and reseda and roscoe by the northridge hospital. Then about a block away from them is Brown Pride Surenos and Brown Pride Raza. Their hood is over by the school going north on lindley past roscoe. Then you got West Valley Crazys that say they are from the Echo Park Crazys but I don't really think they have any terrority. Kind of like a party crew gang that only goes out on the weekend but aren't holding down a block. Canoga Park, Bryant St, & both BP's all have shit with each other. Another gang that is actually in Canoga Park is GFC crips. High Times Krew which I hear is a click of High Times Familia from san fernando is in canoga park, also. In Northridge/Granada Hills you have West Side Playboys, Dead End Crips, and DYP 13. Then u got varrio reseda, ss reseda, ws reseda, a lot of tag bangers in between and Haskell 13 in the far east west valley right by the freeway. There are more gangs in the west valley those are just the ones I can think of right now. Most of these gangs are fairly new besides canoga and I'm sure there will be a lot more in the future out here. Cuz 10 years ago most of the gangs i've listed were either not around or just starting to make a name for themselves.

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » November 21st, 2003, 2:48 pm

where is the valley?

flyd

Unread post by flyd » November 22nd, 2003, 11:01 am

the san fernando valley is in los angeles county. About 10 miles north of downtown la.

Re: The biggest black hoods in LA

Unread post by Guest » December 11th, 2003, 2:37 pm

alonso wrote:Here is a short list of the top hoods in LA based on size, not members, but size will sometimes be a good indicator of members.

4. Shot Gun Crip
5. Altadena Block Crip

In my thesis,
http://www.streetgangs.com/research/ Territoriality Among African American Street Gangs in Los Angeles there is a top ten list of Black gangs in there.
Can Crips wear red clothing and can Bloods wear blue clothing?

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » December 14th, 2003, 1:20 am

Altadena Bloc Hood is not big or deep. They down but they are not that big, hood wise or deep. It's bloods all through Altadena

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: The biggest black hoods in LA

Unread post by wcrockets » December 14th, 2003, 11:44 am

jab wrote:Can Crips wear red clothing and can Bloods wear blue clothing?
Short answer=No.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » December 24th, 2003, 11:09 pm

schoolyards is 1000 deep

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 25th, 2003, 2:22 am

I dont think School Yards are 1,000 deep right now, Maybe over the course of their history, guys in the pen and people who stopped bangin' but right now, i dont think so.

1,000 is big for a black gang and SYC is not in that category. Remember that there are about 150,000 gang members in LA County and there are about 1,000 gangs, small ones and big ones. Gangs as small as 20 guys but the average gang according to those numbers above would be about 150 per gang.

I am not so sure how accurate that 150,000 number is, so if it is smaller, then the average would be less than 150 and SYC is not 1,000 deep. None of those LA midicty/west la gangs that are west of crenshaw are that deep.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » December 25th, 2003, 4:45 am

im just going by what ive heard over the years, i've lived right by schoolyards hood all my life, and i had a few homies that banged schoolyard and 2 ex girls that was from schoolyard and they all said that they 1000 deep, plus all the otha hoods around here be talkin shit on schoolyards talkin bout they 1000 deep but otha hoods be comin up in they hood and that schoolyards cant even hold down they own hood, plus schoolyards got hillside viscous which is a subset to them that is by la high, and i heard they got another sub set called yank mobb, but i dont no, u the expert on this shit Im just repeating what I heard

Cheeks
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cheeks » December 25th, 2003, 5:31 pm

Fuckin' shit..

Eight Trey's are huge
Shot Gun's..

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » December 26th, 2003, 1:50 am

I WOULD THINK GANGS LIKE THE BLACK P STONES, NHR 20'S BLOODS, OR THE INGLEWOOD FAMILY WOULD BE CLOSE THOUGH, ESPECIALLY SINCE I WAS IN THE INGLEWOOD FAMILY HOOD FOR CHRISTMAS MAN THEY WAS OUT DEEP.

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

Unread post by Stone » January 29th, 2004, 2:33 pm

INGLEWOOD FAMILY IS THE DEEPEST DAMU SET AND NHB 20'S A KLOSE 2ND. I HEAR THE HUNTERS R KRAZY THICK BUT I WOULDN'T KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE NO BIZ OVER THERE.

IF YOU PUT ALL THE ECC SETS TOGETHER THEY'D BE THE BIGGEST CRIP
CARD. I'D SAY THE 60'S HAVE THE DEEPEST SOLO CRIP SET.

Kev1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Kev1 » February 1st, 2004, 1:04 am

rocstar wrote:Altadena Bloc Hood is not big or deep. They down but they are not that big, hood wise or deep. It's bloods all through Altadena

What area of Altadena do they claim?

Kev1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Kev1 » February 1st, 2004, 10:24 pm

Oops, sorry for that ignorant post. I saw their map while lookjing at the Raymond Ave. Crips' profile. One of the largest territories i've ever seen.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 8th, 2004, 4:29 am

bake74 wrote:In terms of your assumption about most active members who do you think is the biggest blood set and biggest crip set.
Man Alonso is giving you the area, but an area doesn't tell you how many GANG members of a PARTICULAR set claim that set. If you ask a cop, they'd be quick to tell you that the Rollin 60's are in the top 3 black gangs for sure. In FACT, checkout July 11, 2003 LA Times or Alonso's Rollin Sixty Page and you will find the the and LA TIMES says the Rollin 60's are "THE LARGEST CRIP GANG IN LA".

Further, if you take a close look at Alonso's gang map, Rollin 60 hood is the size of any 3 near by sets combined. Why he doesn't have them listed as number one or two amongst black gangs I have no clue!

From Western to Culver City, Vernon to Florence is not a small area. Now that is not ALL Sixty hood, but members can be found scattered from King Blvd to 76th street. Sixty hood is large enough to have sub sets that don't even engage in same gang activities. Thats not to mention the clicks in Las Vegas, Louisiana, Seattle, Minnesota, Etc.

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » February 8th, 2004, 5:02 am

Im out here in seattle now,And honestly i aint never met or seen any 60's.Not to say they aint out here but if they is they seem to have a somewhat low profile.Now the bIG HOOVER GANG,thats another story. I done met some 74's out here and i seen quite a few wall hit up with 74 HCG writing.

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » February 8th, 2004, 11:12 am

1) east coast(hood not intact)
2) hoovers(hood not intact)
3) sixtys ( largest in tacted hood.western/labrea/57st/75st)
4) swans (largest damu hood intact)
5) eight trays ( hood not intact. 65mgc/67nhcc/68pbh/71hustlers/87sexjerx/93/95playboys/98gangsters/99mafia/87hustlers in their territory)
7)harlem crips(2nd largest intact hood)
8) rollin 20s (hood not intact with avenues and demon soliders, share land with city stones and surenos)
..................base on members and territory. alot of these hoods u can say r deep base on bumping into these dudes in the system and seeing them on deck in there hoods.....alot of these hoods have alot of land but they dont connect..seperated by other hoods. some even share hoods..
Last edited by mangler on February 10th, 2004, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 8th, 2004, 5:52 pm

1) east coast(hood not intacted)
2) hoovers(hood not intacted)
3) sixtys ( largest in tacted hood.western/labrea/57st/75st)

Hoovers and East Coast are definitely Large in numbers. For years I recall them being the largest black gangs without question. But with all the dead homies on the 60 list and the Wave and LA Times calling them the biggest Crip gangs i'd have to take that with a little bit of weight. Especially since the Hoova's and East Coast have had some major wars on their hands (Swans, Avalons, Broadways, Florencia, South Los, ETG's RSC's Denver Lanes etc.) Hoovers use to get along with all trays and gangsta's, now they everybody killa except SGC and LBI. (Not sure about CPT and WATTS).

4) swans (largest damu hood intacted)
5) eight trays ( hood not intacted.

They say the ETG's are large but it don't seem like it IMO. They are definitely hard, but I don't think the ET's roll on numbers.

7)harlem crips(2nd largest intacted hood)
8) rollin 20s (hood not intacted with avenues and demon soliders, share land with city stones and surenos)

I keep hearing how deep the Harlems are too, I disagree. They have a huge hood, but you know alot of those dudes don't bang and there are alot of individual bloods living and flamed up throughout their turf.

Peace

Ace2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Ace2 » February 9th, 2004, 6:28 pm

Well to me these are the biggest Blood&Crips sets in Calfornia by members
Bloods(Damu's)
1.Inglewood Family
2.20 NHB
3.Bounty Hunters

Crips: