Mental Disorders in out youth.

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Mental Disorders in out youth.

Unread post by alexalonso » June 6th, 2008, 3:03 pm

What are the best ways to address the mental disorders in our aggressive teens? I locking them up, mass incarceration the only answer? Cant these teens be counseled and rehabilitated? I am starting to see that many of our most aggressive youth you engage in violence suffer from some sort of mental disorder in their brain that if gone unchecked will be disastrous for them as they become adults

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: Mental Disorders in out youth.

Unread post by Sentenza » June 6th, 2008, 5:58 pm

I used to know some cases like that too and most of them have a disastrous family background. They need a strong hand, counselling and a chance.
In my experience, its not really brain damage, as in biological terms. Its drug addicted, absent parents, abuse, neglection, domestic violence and so on that leads to youths being like that in 90% of the cases.
They seek attention and recognition and if they dont get it the positive way they will lok for it on the streets.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » June 15th, 2008, 6:06 pm

alexalonso wrote:What are the best ways to address the mental disorders in our aggressive teens? I locking them up, mass incarceration the only answer? Cant these teens be counseled and rehabilitated? I am starting to see that many of our most aggressive youth you engage in violence suffer from some sort of mental disorder in their brain that if gone unchecked will be disastrous for them as they become adults
that sounds like a twisted bi-polar trip

-early counselling
-get the kid involed in community programs, sports team based activities
-Try your hardest to get your kids into reading
-If you can do this without encroaching the kid, then know who hangs out with your kid!!!! by knowing or having an idea of the type of characters your kid hangsout with could make you a big playing in influencing the child
-get the child working, and bestow the bosses wrath upon the kid to get the kid to understand the value of things

there called personality disorders!!!!!!! if a person cant tie there shoe then they have a mental disorder... in my opinion

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » June 16th, 2008, 2:13 pm

alexalonso wrote:What are the best ways to address the mental disorders in our aggressive teens?
First thing we have to do, is figure out if the mental disorder is biological, substance induced, or antisocial behavior. If it's a biological disorder, medication is usually the gold standard. Substance abuse, detoxification with comfort meds and counseling. Antisocial behavior...serious thrapy, meds if indicated.
alexalonso wrote:Is locking them up, mass incarceration the only answer?

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. If the mental disorder causes the individual to be a danger to others (violence/homicidal), danger to self (suicidal), or gravely disable (cannot care for oneself), the person can be detained against their will by a police officer, or designated County official for up to 72hours fro evaluation by a Psychiatrist. In simple terms...You can be gaffled up, and thrown into the nut house with a snap of a finger, and there's nothing you can do about it.
alexalonso wrote:Cant these teens be counseled and rehabilitated?
I believe teens and young adults have the best prognosis, if they want help or have a little insight into their condition or behavior. Sometimes these teens grown into sociopathethic adults destined for prison's and state mental hospitals.
alexalonso wrote:I am starting to see that many of our most aggressive youth you engage in violence suffer from some sort of mental disorder in their brain that if gone unchecked will be disastrous for them as they become adults
Some kids or young adults have undiagnosed conditions such as, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS). Basically "baby girl" was getting her drink on while pregnant. Drinking and pregnancy is a losing ticket for the baby, especially around the 3rd to 8th week, when neuro development is crucial. FAS babies get worse as they get older. Many behavioral problems. Not untelligent or stupid, but emotionally off the mark. This can cause problems in relationships and the working world, so being successful at anything is increasingly diminished.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » June 24th, 2008, 5:43 am

>Oppositional Defiant Disorder
>Pervasive developmental disorder
>Anti-Social Personality Disorder
>Anxiety disorders
>Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

And I don't know what else...

Some of the ones I have in my file, unfortunetly.

This is thanks to a PREVIOUS, not current, disastrous family background as well as bullying everyday.

So imagine everyday:

6 hours of nonstop bullying at school --- Fatass, fatso, fat tub of lard, lardass, Peter Griffin(cause my name is Petar and I'm fat), ugly, faggot, gay, stink, take a shower, don't sit on me, fat fuck, fat sack of shit, nobody likes you, your mom is a fat bitch(she's really fat), poor, go eat garbage, retard, stupid, dumb fuck, moron, loser, fag, crybaby, born in the middle of a twinkie, dad is a faggot, etc. Just to name a few out of the massive library/database of different insults thrown at me.

Then you come back home to:

Till I go to sleep, arguing, yelling, insulting, between parents over stupid shit. Pretty traumatic. Sometimes even fighting. I can name a few incidents but I'd rather not.

It's not like this anymore because:

1. I don't go to school, well I do starting Septmember but with fat retards such as myself. :P No really I'm the smartest person there literally, even more so than the teachers. Gonna be pretty boring... Oh and now I'm resistant to it moreso physically. I don't back down anymore. I don't give a shit if he has a knife a gun or 100 people behind him. I have about 300,000 Macedonians so fuck yeah. :P Well yeah I got my dad 1 man army Rambo style chasing down a robber with a gun... :D

2. My parents stopped fighting over stupid shit and now perfer to make eachother laugh, and they love to joke around, especially my dad. Thank god it's all over.

This is some reasons for my, well, I wasn't aggressive but I'm permenantly fucked. Oh here Conka/Andrej signed in and I g2g eat.

monziizthegame
What city do you live in now?: las vegas

Unread post by monziizthegame » October 4th, 2008, 4:20 am

Alexalonso, being a mental health officer i travel back & forth from vegas to cali & i had seen just what u r talkin bout with our young people, i had been drawn to these problems watching young gangsters in south La. I was staying at a girlfriends family res. on E52nd st. and one night i had decided to roll through the hood since i was told that activity had increased greatly on the neg. side, So surenuff round 3am i ran into 6-8 young bangers, they were completely out their minds, diong mind-less damange 2 anything & everything thy came into contact with, i'm a big man and i jumped right into the middle of this maddness and proceded 2 calm the behavior somewhat. I told them that they looked like intellegent young men & that they didn't have to emulate their brothers, uncles, homies,dads,etc, the problem with our youth today iz they r bombarded with negitivity 24-7 and they feel that i the shoe fits; why do anything on the pos i wont get any props anyway, parents never round, just bout everything on the news bad, etc., etc. After about 10 minutes we all went to a more comfortable spot on the corner and i proceded 2 hit them with positive renforcement: i hollared at em 2 get out the game and go impress a person who stuck with through out all the drama!!!!! your loving mother, Well, around a week later my boo's mother called me and said that my litt session with the young brothers was reverveing round the neighborhood and some of the moms had told them that of the 8 young MEN i had talked with, 2 wanted to go back 2 school,2 wanted to get their GED,1 wanted 2 make a difference in the sevice, and of course a couple of very troubled young men told them 2 tell me to _ #_#- off but u know my brother that was a victory in my eyez, i feel ya, we must try everything, they r our future, great talkin with ya...............

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 7th, 2008, 3:28 pm

I'm glad you shared some of your valuable time to give to young people who usually get no time from positive role models. Maybe someone will be inspired by your experience and do the same in their neighborhood.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » October 8th, 2008, 6:47 am

monziizthegame wrote:Alexalonso, being a mental health officer i travel back & forth from vegas to cali & i had seen just what u r talkin bout with our young people, i had been drawn to these problems watching young gangsters in south La. I was staying at a girlfriends family res. on E52nd st. and one night i had decided to roll through the hood since i was told that activity had increased greatly on the neg. side, So surenuff round 3am i ran into 6-8 young bangers, they were completely out their minds, diong mind-less damange 2 anything & everything thy came into contact with, i'm a big man and i jumped right into the middle of this maddness and proceded 2 calm the behavior somewhat. I told them that they looked like intellegent young men & that they didn't have to emulate their brothers, uncles, homies,dads,etc, the problem with our youth today iz they r bombarded with negitivity 24-7 and they feel that i the shoe fits; why do anything on the pos i wont get any props anyway, parents never round, just bout everything on the news bad, etc., etc. After about 10 minutes we all went to a more comfortable spot on the corner and i proceded 2 hit them with positive renforcement: i hollared at em 2 get out the game and go impress a person who stuck with through out all the drama!!!!! your loving mother, Well, around a week later my boo's mother called me and said that my litt session with the young brothers was reverveing round the neighborhood and some of the moms had told them that of the 8 young MEN i had talked with, 2 wanted to go back 2 school,2 wanted to get their GED,1 wanted 2 make a difference in the sevice, and of course a couple of very troubled young men told them 2 tell me to _ #_#- off but u know my brother that was a victory in my eyez, i feel ya, we must try everything, they r our future, great talkin with ya...............
Are you for real???

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 8th, 2008, 7:36 pm

to be honest...i to have problems like that...i cant lie

sometimes i look up to people that are on some BS n i kno..but fuck i dono i guess that shit jst excitin to a young brotha or somthin

i kno if i had a older sibling who is smart at all times with me id proly make better dicisions.

i don like snitches but then i think bout how can i hate someone who is jst tryna make shit better .
i don security gaurds at my apt complex gate and usualy get into mild fights with'em but then i think they too gota act all fucked up so they can find who ever is doin what they do to make the place better.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » October 8th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Hmmmmmmm thats a hard question. I feel that some can be helped by military type discipline. I was one of those. Others need serious psychiatric help, meds and behavior modification and some just cant be helped. Also you have to want help to take it in and at that age....you just arent ready, only life lessons will change a person.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 8th, 2008, 11:36 pm

only life lessons will change a person.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 9th, 2008, 11:40 am

Mcminister wrote: i don like snitches but then i think bout how can i hate someone who is jst tryna make shit better .
Well I was in a heated debate with several board members over that term a while ago. To me, someone who is trying to do things right for the better of the comunity at large is No Snitch. They are doing what we as civilized people should be doing. Trying to make our lives better, no more f*ck'd up.
Mcminister wrote:i don like security gaurds at my apt complex gate and usualy get into mild fights with'em but then i think they too gota act all #%@& up so they can find who ever is doin what they do to make the place better.
These people are just trying to go to work and make some to live. Security guard is not a well paying job in most instances. They are just trying to make some money and survive like everyone else. They don't go to work looking to trip. There's not enough money in it for them to be tripin' like that, but if they don't do anything at all, then they are not doing there jobs and risk being fired. So it's a catch 22.

Food For Thought:

*** You know what's worse than a snitch?
A chronic f*ck up. A snitch only affects one to a few people. A chronic f*ck affects the whole society.

Think about it????

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 10th, 2008, 3:10 pm

what do you call this Common Sense.... http://www.click2houston.com/newsarchiv ... etail.html ..
in the video ( if its the right article on this crime ) u see he comes from a nice home its not in the hood or anything
but also you see him pullin a disturbin move of shootin a clerk to death instantly after walkin in the store with an AK 47..not sayin nothin ,..shooting , no warning no tyin up ( i dono maybe the clerk tried'a punk him off befo this incident )

but like every othr teen killer he bought a new car ( he never had a job befo ) with cash 100 dollar bills...and he was showin off stacks to his classmates in schoo.. trust me dats not the worst...i kno people that stole GMC's and drove them for over a week to show off.

well this young brotha i wish i was there to talk to him not into doin this...coz it was senseless the dude didnt own the store he ain got nothin to do with it he jst tryna maintain proly to pay a loan or somthin fo schoo n now he dead and now the young brotha is goin to jail fo a long time....

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 10th, 2008, 6:11 pm

I watched two videos and neither one commented on his home life. This kid is definitely a sociopath. He went into the store and blasted right away. No concern for the clerk at all. He could have just robbed him and spared him his life, but like a true sociopath, those feeling never come into play. He also has a classic case of being an idiot. Going to school bragging and showing off money you didn't have before, with the news blabbing all day about a recent robbery and killing. He was not dealing with a full deck. I can see he has mental issues just by how he carried out the crime. Unfortunately for crazy boy, he'll most likely get the death penalty. That's a long time on death row for being a 19 year old.

Someone like him, I rather have seen him get snitched out before he killed that clerk.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 10th, 2008, 10:23 pm

he was actually 17 they made a mistake in the news

he live in my uncles neighborhood full of houses 150K+ worth...which is proly 300K-500K worth translated cali wise...this is unless he just moved there or somthin.

yea and he does seem like a sycopath..coz who lives comfortably and does such a crime

i think he isnt goin to get sentenced to death since he admitted to the crime no trial..proly copped a deal.

the part that makes me laugh is that this dude bought a car he couldnt even drive and got into a car accident with rite after he bought it.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 11th, 2008, 6:55 pm

Mcminister wrote:the part that makes me laugh is that this dude bought a car he couldnt even drive and got into a car accident with rite after he bought it.
Mental issue's...there it is, right there. I wonder if his family was letting him get away with she-it when he was young. Usually kids don't just start trippin' over night. He's probably been buggin' for years.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » October 16th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Mcminister wrote:
only life lessons will change a person.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » October 16th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Common Sense wrote:
Mcminister wrote:the part that makes me laugh is that this dude bought a car he couldnt even drive and got into a car accident with rite after he bought it.
Mental issue's...there it is, right there. I wonder if his family was letting him get away with she-it when he was young. Usually kids don't just start trippin' over night. He's probably been buggin' for years.
My whole life, even BEFORE I WAS BORN. It's usually when family members get into a fight I find out negative information and experiances in the past. When my mom and dad got into a fight once, my dad pulled this huge kitchen knife on my mom and threatened to kill me and her(I was inside of her) if she tried to leave him.

Then into early childhood, don't get me wrong or don't think I'm trying to make my dad seem like a bad person, he's the type of father that would kill for you and makes you laugh at the same time, but there were negative experiances, something a reason that has made me the way I am today and the reason my family is unusually dysfunctional, sometimes for a good laugh, sometimes to shed a river of tears...

Into early childhood, he had an alcohol problem, and of course, living in my grandma's(mother's mother) house which strongly disapproves of my father being my mother's husband since he came from a poor family, and still does to this day, they manage to get along BUT only for a certain amount of time before things explode. The reason why she left in 2000 and didn't come back till 2006(my grandma) was because my father basically got drunk, she gave him shit over it, he got pissed and threw her ass out, she doesn't speak English well, she uses only words and sign language to get her way around, and well she didn't have money, it was in the middle of the winter, she called my uncle from Washington DC which had to come to Toronto and take her to the airport so she'd go back to Macedonia. I don't remember any of this, but of course my grandma used this story to fuck things up even more in 2008 and in an attempt to get me to hate my dad, I was told I was crying for her to stay, throwing her clothes out of her suitcase....

2006 she came in Sept. there were a few incidents including when my dad told me jokingly on the way out to leave the women alone to go eat grass(kinda like bugger off, or go eat shit), she took it seriously and the next day I had to wake up to the sound of my dad freaking out over why she was making faces and pouting to him. A few day passed with me having something like food poisoning, diahrea and my stomach hurt like hell so much that I couldn't sleep, my uncle(mother's brother) encouraged him to just let go and apologize, he did and thank God things were alright again. Besides that he said stupid things and made me, my mother and my grandma laugh. It went on good for about 2 years, 2006, 2007, then in March 2008 they didn't have money to prolong her stay in Canada for another six months so she had to go, I was in an emotional crisis of course, I wanted her to say, she got worked over, my parents came in the room and asked me why I was like that, my grandma and her disastrous annoying fucking mood swings she spurted out with negativity over the idea, and of course they would agreed before she wouldn't tell me anything until we all sat together and explained it to her, I feel this is kinda my fault what happens next, the yelling, screaming, arguing and my dad telling my grandma to die, calling her an old whore while I hold him down while he goes at her, she making it even worse by calling him a drunk which is a problem in the past, and hell my mom told her to go back to her fucking room. So she didn't talk to my parents for a week after that and just stayed in the room with that face all the time acting bitchy, and I had to bring her friggin food to eat cause she wouldn't accept it from my parents. It's ok now...

Not only my grandma, but the disastrous arguing between my mother and father, my mother and brother(which is my father's son from his ex wife), telling my mother to go wash the dishes and saying she's a guest in his house(cause my dad and brother were working at the time so all four of us shared an apartment), my father and brother(holy hell he kicked the door in, flipped my bike over the couch and basically traumatized the whole neighbourhood and his friends, LOL @ the two Hindu guys stopping to see WTF is going on, thank God it didn't get physical)...

Early childhood shit I can't remember, at the age of 3, some bad friends of his got my dad drunk, he comes home to where I am right now, my grandma gives him shit, he gets pissed off, wakes up the whole neighbourhood screaming to kill us, breaks all the doors and windows with his hands and feet, me, my grandma and my mom get into the car, my mom crashes the car into the neighbour's house so my neighbour offers to drive us to my aunt's, two police officers come over, he insults them then realizes they are police officers, calms himself down and is arrested, and pukes in the process. The next few months my mom and dad living apart and still married, my dad spending his time at a rehab clinic in the Plackovica mountains, painting...

Alot of other crap. My traumatic stay at the daycare center in Novo Selo, because of my dad coming from a poor family and not having alot of cultural manners, he swears alot infront of me and everyone else, so as a little kid I learn swearing from him, swear at the daycare center where the old broads hit me across the face and make me bleed, everyday, then pressure me to go to sleep when everyone else is sleeping, hell I try to tell my parents by kicking and screaming and holding on to the car door that I don't wanna go there but hey they don't get the fucking messege. Even recently after like 10 years when I tell them why I did what I did they're like holy hell they hit you??? No shit.

So I got family problems, problems from early childhood including abuse at the daycare, the reason for my stage fright so I had to go to 1st grade with my mom, dad or grandma staying in the classroom while I go to school being afraid of the teachers. Then social problems in Canada..........

And people tell me I'm the reason for my problems??? That's the biggest insult, even more so than my appearance or weight, telling me I'm the reason why I suffered so much in my life, that I brought it to myself, as a little kid, who's not even supposed to have that type of suffering, who's innocent and doesn't deserve it, who doesn't know anything and just wants to have fun and be happy...

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » October 16th, 2008, 2:51 pm

Ok I was fucked up as a little kid, I admit, I was hyper as hell, I was just crazy, people keep telling me stories.........

My best friend remembered something. Me, him and this other kid were playing with sand, all of a sudden I kick sand in my best friend's eyes and hit the other kid on the head with a shovel. Then when I brought a bloody dripping severed goat leg up to my aunt's living room LOL......

But would God punish me for that?????

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 16th, 2008, 4:02 pm

every time you post u fuckin post a life times worth of stories dayamn kid

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » October 25th, 2008, 7:22 pm

Mcminister wrote:every time you post u fuckin post a life times worth of stories dayamn kid
I've been through alot lol..I told you I don't, I haven't nor will I continue living a normal life. I'm already looking over my shoulder as it is and I'm not fully in the business yet.

Car comes up behind me while I'm taking a walk, always ready myself to jump to the side if it tries to run me over. If some guy or guys pass me buy, I'm always readying to counterattack or if I have a knife in my pocket grasping onto it...

It's part paranoia part reality..I'm starting to get how things work here lol..

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 26th, 2008, 2:42 pm

well then u kno how black folk live