Samoans in LA

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
$outh$ide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Samoans in LA

Unread post by $outh$ide » January 19th, 2005, 4:29 am

where do most of the Samoans live in LA

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Samoans in LA

Unread post by Individual » January 19th, 2005, 2:47 pm

Long Beach and Carson

hkswb357
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hkswb357 » January 24th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Is that a fact or just a guess?

If it is fact: Why are Long Beach and Carson the two areas with the most Samoans? Is this just coincidence or is there some specific reason?

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » January 24th, 2005, 6:43 pm

Samoans in LA remind me of the Ricans in the Chi.

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 1111§ » January 25th, 2005, 1:15 pm

^why do they, FLUID??

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » January 25th, 2005, 10:06 pm

^^^^^Cause they both from the islands. They minorities. They both got those big husky bodies. They both attracted to the black lifestyle. And they both some straight-up bangers.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 26th, 2005, 10:19 am

big husky bodies?Puerto ricans?I mean there are big puerto ricans,just like there are big people in every race...but puerto ricans arent known for being big like the samoans.If anything,puerto rican women are known for having big butts like black women.

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » January 26th, 2005, 10:29 am

Right, not all Ricans are big like that. But the ones who are, be shaped similar to Samoans--backs all husky and swoll with that thick, rubbery-like skin. When they lift weights they be big as hell. I've seen numerous Ricans like that. Mexicans don't be shaped like that.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 26th, 2005, 4:22 pm

FLUID wrote:Right, not all Ricans are big like that. But the ones who are, be shaped similar to Samoans--backs all husky and swoll with that thick, rubbery-like skin. When they lift weights they be big as hell. I've seen numerous Ricans like that. Mexicans don't be shaped like that.
yea Ricans are Big like that. i've Somoans, i've seen skinny ones but most of them are Huge. i think its hereditary bekause in Somoa they believe that being fat, or big is beautiful. so i guess the genes of being big is just passed down. Most Somoans i've seen dont go shorter then 6ft 2. but i dont know many Somoans. and i've only kicked it with the ones i was with when i visited the west.

kidlocc700
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kidlocc700 » February 26th, 2005, 9:37 pm

i agree, long beach and carson. BUT, the only reason why there so concentrated in these towns is because of family. Any polynesian culture, believes in family. You stick together through EVERYTHING. It's not a mama's boy type of thing. You stay NEAR your family in case something happens. No one has to go far. The farthest i have to go for family is Utah, or back on the islands. (the islands are far, but duh thats the main spot)

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 27th, 2005, 5:55 pm

kidlocc700 wrote:i agree, long beach and carson. BUT, the only reason why there so concentrated in these towns is because of family. Any polynesian culture, believes in family. You stick together through EVERYTHING. It's not a mama's boy type of thing. You stay NEAR your family in case something happens. No one has to go far. The farthest i have to go for family is Utah, or back on the islands. (the islands are far, but duh thats the main spot)
'

your somoan?

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » February 27th, 2005, 6:40 pm

The thing i found out with samoans is..they all related

Like if you mention someone..they be like..oh you know him..thats my uncle..or thats my cuzzin..

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 27th, 2005, 7:45 pm

word kause isnt Somoa a small ass island? are u somoan tho nigga?

kidlocc700
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kidlocc700 » February 27th, 2005, 8:01 pm

ignorance.. sigh... yes im samoan.. no were not all related.. its a small island but we didnt all get off the boat yesterday. my race has been her for a LONG LONG time.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 1st, 2005, 1:46 pm

kidlocc700 wrote:ignorance.. sigh... yes im samoan.. no were not all related.. its a small island but we didnt all get off the boat yesterday. my race has been her for a LONG LONG time.
lol, sorry. the dude said something and i thought it was true, i never thought all Somoans was related. is Somoans deep in Compton, i heard most of em is Park Village Compton Crips. i also heard a rumor that some Filipinos and Cambodians be in Compton now and shit, is that true?

PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PlayaLarga » March 1st, 2005, 11:01 pm

wizdom wrote:
kidlocc700 wrote:ignorance.. sigh... yes im samoan.. no were not all related.. its a small island but we didnt all get off the boat yesterday. my race has been her for a LONG LONG time.
lol, sorry. the dude said something and i thought it was true, i never thought all Somoans was related. is Somoans deep in Compton, i heard most of em is Park Village Compton Crips. i also heard a rumor that some Filipinos and Cambodians be in Compton now and shit, is that true?
There's one pinoy and uso that i know of from PVCC.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 2nd, 2005, 5:47 pm

PlayaLarga wrote:
wizdom wrote:
There's one pinoy and uso that i know of from PVCC.
word, i heard some of em B in Compton now. i dont know i from east, its just rumors i hear.

kidlocc700
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kidlocc700 » March 4th, 2005, 11:40 pm

never once met a cambo, or a flip.. i met a cambodian HO!.. she go to lb POLY now.. but she dont live in compton.. her peoples from 20s i guess.. but nah.. aint nothing but black/samoans/mexicans in compton.. with the exception of a few white families... they did a census a while ago and i think it was 6-7 caucasion families in the hub...

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 1111§ » March 5th, 2005, 5:01 am

Hey locc, do you know anything about the history of polynesians on the Westcoast?

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 7th, 2005, 3:03 pm

kidlocc700 wrote:never once met a cambo, or a flip.. i met a cambodian HO!.. she go to lb POLY now.. but she dont live in compton.. her peoples from 20s i guess.. but nah.. aint nothing but black/samoans/mexicans in compton.. with the exception of a few white families... they did a census a while ago and i think it was 6-7 caucasion families in the hub...
lol, word, there's some whites in Compton, i wonder if they b gettin down with Bloods and Crips, that would be funny. anyways. theres maaddd Somoans in Compton?

kidlocc700
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kidlocc700 » March 8th, 2005, 9:38 pm

wizdom wrote:
kidlocc700 wrote:never once met a cambo, or a flip.. i met a cambodian HO!.. she go to lb POLY now.. but she dont live in compton.. her peoples from 20s i guess.. but nah.. aint nothing but black/samoans/mexicans in compton.. with the exception of a few white families... they did a census a while ago and i think it was 6-7 caucasion families in the hub...
lol, word, there's some whites in Compton, i wonder if they b gettin down with Bloods and Crips, that would be funny. anyways. theres maaddd Somoans in Compton?
what would be so funny about white people being hoodstas in the hub? i get tired of people thinkin white people cant do shit jus cuz theyre white. yall need to come to the hood and i bet my OG nigga whiteboy will lay any nigga on here down.. quit down talkin a race.. yall dont want them doin it to u.. "do unto others, as you want them to do to you"

kidlocc700
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kidlocc700 » March 8th, 2005, 9:40 pm

thrak wrote:Hey locc, do you know anything about the history of polynesians on the Westcoast?
let me see...

A long ass time ago, AD: They get off the boat and move into the islands.

Still a long ass time, AD: They spread from one spot to millions of spots

Too damn long ago, AD: They set up shop and take over.

$outh$ide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by $outh$ide » March 8th, 2005, 11:19 pm

so iz dere really alot of Samoans in LA iz dere many Tongans

pinky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by pinky » March 9th, 2005, 1:21 am

whats with the samoan bounty hunters? dont make any since to me.

PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PlayaLarga » March 9th, 2005, 11:06 am

The homie from PVCC who's a flip's first real name is Chris or Christian. Knew him from way back to middle school.

at any rate,

Long Beach and Carson has a huge population of Samoans and Tongans. Sons of Samoa populate the Long Beach on the west near Silverado Park off Santa fe/32nd St along with sharing boundaries some of the WCC's and the OLD WSIslanders 33rd st varrio.

I grew up with a few of them and know some since middle school as well.

Some of them went to Stephens Middle School and later Long Beach Poly or Jordan.

I dont know the history behind why many Samoans in Carson claim blood/piru and why the one's in LB claim Crip. Logic tells me they assimmilated themselves with the blood and crip sets that were already established in those areas.

The history behind Samoans in Long Beach and Carson is well documented. Do a google search cus' im too lazy to brake it down lol. Part of their populating this part of california is through the Port of Long Beach and Los Angeles for jobs such as longshoreman and the old naval shipyard jobs. Also keep in mind that Western American Samoa allows for easy passage for Samoans to travel to the U.S. for establishment and full citizenship.

CARDENAS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CARDENAS » March 9th, 2005, 4:09 pm

Polynesian women look Grimmy as fuck!!

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 9th, 2005, 4:17 pm

CARDENAS wrote:Polynesian women look Grimmy as fu--!!
they got all kinds. I seen some that look like they can whup some ass, and I seen some fine ones too. Just like anyone else.

CARDENAS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CARDENAS » March 9th, 2005, 4:59 pm

Panik wrote:
they got all kinds. I seen some that look like they can whup some ass, and I seen some fine ones too. Just like anyone else.
I only seen the ones that can whoops sum ass over here...they can give you bear hugs and kill you..LOL

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 9th, 2005, 6:22 pm

CARDENAS wrote:
Panik wrote:
I only seen the ones that can whoops sum ass over here...they can give you bear hugs and kill you..LOL
where in epa you from homie? my tongan homie is from there...i believe somewhere around weeks/weaks street.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 9th, 2005, 8:44 pm

kidlocc700 wrote:
wizdom wrote:
what would be so funny about white people being hoodstas in the hub? i get tired of people thinkin white people cant do shit jus because theyre white. yall need to come to the hood and i bet my OG nigga whiteboy will lay any nigga on here down.. quit down talkin a race.. yall dont want them doin it to u.. "do unto others, as you want them to do to you"
Your OG is white? LOL. he from Compton? isnt that illegal? i aint sayin nothin bout white niggas, the kool to me. i just didnt know they was in Compton, i know some hoodsta whiteboys. but very few. i think its dumb how whiteboys wanna bit off of our culture when long ago they was oppressing us kallin us niggers

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 9th, 2005, 11:03 pm

wizdom wrote:
kidlocc700 wrote:
wizdom wrote:
what would be so funny about white people being hoodstas in the hub? i get tired of people thinkin white people cant do shit jus because theyre white. yall need to come to the hood and i bet my OG nigga whiteboy will lay any nigga on here down.. quit down talkin a race.. yall dont want them doin it to u.. "do unto others, as you want them to do to you"
Your OG is white? LOL. he from Compton? isnt that illegal? i aint sayin nothin bout white niggas, the kool to me. i just didnt know they was in Compton, i know some hoodsta whiteboys. but very few. i think its dumb how whiteboys wanna bit off of our culture when long ago they was oppressing us kallin us niggers
that's like sayin'...it's dumb how blacks live in beverly hills and dress in a&f...come on man...the world isn't that small...

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » March 10th, 2005, 2:42 pm

kiCKer wrote:
wizdom wrote:
kidlocc700 wrote:
wizdom wrote:
that's like sayin'...it's dumb how blacks live in beverly hills and dress in a&f...come on man...the world isn't that small...

THATS DIFFERENT THEY HAVE MONEY MOVE INTO A NICER AREA THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT DUDE WAS TALKING ABOUT!