Barack Obama elected president

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Barack Obama elected president

Unread post by razbojnik » November 4th, 2008, 9:06 pm

GOD DAMN IT! We're fucked. Mabus got elected, and you all love him.

Oh well. I stole Alonso's thread, sorry, but anyways...

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11 ... index.html

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Re: Barack Obama elected president

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » November 4th, 2008, 9:34 pm

Time to heal this country, the economical decline, the mental spirit of black youth, and the direction of this nation...

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 5th, 2008, 8:42 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:Time to heal this country, the economical decline, the mental spirit of black youth, and the direction of this nation...
Hail Mabus! The glorious leader of the world!!!

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 5th, 2008, 12:23 pm

Thank God, Obama is President! Even here in London, people are infected by a new and crazy HOPE! Crazy celebrations going on even here.....a new political era, a new America means a new world...a new world order built on something true....hell, the expectations are high but hell, today it's time for joy and celebration....

A CHANGE HAS COME!

As a Brit, I hope and pray that now is the moment when a wellspring of justice will soak your land...and soak our world......props to all the young people who went out to vote this time round................maybe even the tragic world of gangs may thaw into streets of civic responsibility and a beginning of building something unexpected....

Peace and love

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by SouljahGirl » November 5th, 2008, 12:54 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:the mental spirit of black youth
As I move within these trenches, I realize that I have failed our young people. As I look around I see Zombies walking. I see young people who are so caught up in text messaging and internet sex that I cant help but " Check Myself".. Where did I fail the black youth of today.. what could I have done differently.

Were we so tired from working, that we forgot that when we got home the children would need help with the homework. They would need to spend some quality timw with us. But we sent them on to bed because we were so tired we just could not do it.

Where did we go wronge. Was it that we were so busy working to pay the bills that we let the television and the radio rear our children. Did the video games take the place of us or did the games become the babysitters. Pumping Grand theft auto and Street Fighter into the young minds of our youth only helped to destroy their Spirit.. But I didn't know it back then..

The mental Spirit of the Black youth.. That's actually a beautiful statement..

For the Most High God has chosen to " At this Time", place a Man in Leadership who will no doubt, touch and help to heal.. The " Mental Spirit of the Black Youth"..

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » November 5th, 2008, 1:46 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:I realize that I have failed our young people.
The CIA, Darryl Gates and the lapd failed us. LA Unified School District failed us...., You didn't fail us Souljah we failed ourselves!
Pumping Grand theft auto and Street Fighter into the young minds of our youth only helped to destroy their Spirit.. But I didn't know it back then..
C'Mon.. we were f'd off way before Grand Theft Auto came out..

It started when blacks started moving into white communities, and had to defend themselves from whie gangs and/or white people... and it continued generation after generation to we began fighting ourselves and other Black communities.. we didn't have a Barack Obama to give us hope, inspiration and a sense of pride.. Blacks were being gunned down, hosed, beaten and accosted (65 riots), King gunned down, Malcolm gunned down, Bunchy Carter and so forth so all we had was Raymond and Took, Jimel and Pookie, Danifu and so on... and it grew into a Monster of an epidemic in which is still going strong today..

YES... WE- Can!

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by SouljahGirl » November 5th, 2008, 5:13 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:
C'Mon.. we were f'd off way before Grand Theft Auto came out..
This is true, but I really dint think people realize the effect these types of games have on the human Brain

AllhoodPublications wrote:It started when blacks started moving into white communities, and had to defend themselves from whie gangs and/or white people... and it continued generation after generation to we began fighting ourselves and other Black communities.. we didn't have a Barack Obama to give us hope, inspiration and a sense of pride.. Blacks were being gunned down, hosed, beaten and accosted (65 riots), King gunned down, Malcolm gunned down, Bunchy Carter and so forth so all we had was Raymond and Took, Jimel and Pookie, Danifu and so on... and it grew into a Monster of an epidemic in which is still going strong today..

YES... WE- Can!
Well Said.

You Know. I always said that one of the biggest mistakes we Los Angeleans made was moving off of Central Avenue. We moved away from our own people, and into the so called " Better Area's".

What made the area better ? Was it because it was a white neighborhood ? As if to say the Black Neighborhoods were bad.

It was not the area, but the impression we had of ourselves that made us want to move. I think it had been embedded into us so deeply that we were a lesser than people, that we began to treat each other poorly and loos respect for our people and Communities. We wanted so bad to fit in with the whites that we never tought of the effect it would have on future generations. We have in the past been a selfish people for sure.

Central Avenue was the " SHIT " back in the day.. Now what do we have, nothing.. No grocery stores, no banks, not enough black owned business. All we got in the communities ( HOODS ) these days is dope dealers, hoes and tiny loc's that will peel yo cap quicker than you can blink an eye.

Where do we start.. How do we bring about change.. Where does it all begin

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 5th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Interesting...

I'm feeling the end of the world already.

Here's my story:

We watch on TV with my parents over the net as bama gets elected. Ok he does. I go sleep. Just before I'm woken up by my best friend, I dream of putting some type of electrical thingy in the wall plug thing and getting kind of a shock like I wanted. Then I woke up immidietly after that. Then at exactly 12 PM the power goes out. At exactly 12:30 PM, the power goes back on again. Tonight also at about 12:30 AM, I go outside with my best friend which lives beside me to find that I can't see the huge hill infront of us, which is covered with an orange-whitish smog. For a second, I thought it was the apcoloypse, and for a second, my heart stopped. Turns out it was just smog and the orange lighting down below on the boulevard.

1santo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Bell Gardens

Unread post by 1santo » November 9th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Intelligent comments aside. That was an electoral-vote-ass whooping McCain recieved!

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » November 9th, 2008, 10:44 pm

Don't trip raz... that orange cloud was a sign of fear..

Fear of change...

Fear of something new...

The fear of something going right for a change...

Imagine 8 years of McCain and Palin... their camps are already beefing- the world would have ended alot sooner!