Gang / Drug Connection?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
dudley

Gang / Drug Connection?

Unread post by dudley » July 21st, 2003, 3:34 pm

The police and media often paint a picture of gangs and drug dealing being synonymous, and they say that "gang-related" homicides are almost always drug related. By their reasoning, if you go after drug deals, you're also targeting gangs. While I realize that different gangs may act differently,

Is this connection, on any scale, fact or fiction?
Is it more true in LA than, say, Chicago or another city?

civil_thor
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Gang / Drug Connection?

Unread post by civil_thor » July 26th, 2003, 1:29 am

I don't think there's one single answer to your question. Some gangs are heavily into dealing dope, others aren't. Others have certain members/clicks that slang, many that don't. It really depends on who and where.

I can't speak for LA, but in my area most of the gang violence is because of gangbanging, not dope. It's all beefs between neighborhoods, or stuff that got started over females or disrespect. Violence over dope around here is seperate from gangs more often than not.

I'm of the opinion that working against gangs and working against dope are fundamentally two different things, although they can obviously be intertwined.

dudley

Unread post by dudley » July 28th, 2003, 8:10 am

Is that Boise Idaho?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 28th, 2003, 9:30 am

Boise, Idaho! ROFL! Get serious. I went thru there in 80 as a kid and they was a bunch of backwoods boys saving up their bucking hay money to go to the fairgrounds and see Journey or Twisted Sister perform. I hear it's grown some but pleaaaasssseee it can't have grown up.

I'm not talking about per capita income or any of that drivel I mean grown up as in they have a serious gang problem. Now Salt Lake, Utah. That's a different story. I got hit up there about 8 years ago visiting a bro at their state fair. Of course I didn't respond so they taunted me and peeled out. Same old BS. *Yawn*. Lol.

civil_thor
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by civil_thor » July 28th, 2003, 10:57 am

LMAO Yes, Boise Idaho. Believe it or not it's a little different now than it was in 1980... You'd be surprised what 23 years will do. I'm not trying to say it's all crazy up here, because it's not. But there is a problem and it's not getting any better. Boise itself still isn't too bad-the problems are in two neighboring cities. No Crips/Bloods at all, but lots of Hispanic bangers doing their thing. Also some Asian gangsters in Boise.

Sounds goofy, I know, but the population here is probably 5 times what it was when you were here in 80- it's a little metro area about the size of Spokane or Reno. I'm not trying to say it's something it's not, I'm just relating what we have here.. Oh-and the Journey/Twisted Sister crowd still hasn't gone anywhere..lol

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 28th, 2003, 12:04 pm

Lol.. I'm not bagging on you civil_thor at all but please Paaarrrrdooonn me if I'm a little skeptical about that :roll: . There might be some wannabees there in Meridian or something but they ain't real or deep. Psycho maybe. Lol :).

Now those racist idiots up in Cour d'lane were deep with their foolishness.

Anyways, I'm just rapping. Have a great day.

civil_thor
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by civil_thor » July 28th, 2003, 4:05 pm

No offense taken, and I understand your skepticism. The problem is in Nampa/Caldwell. Real and deep are subjective observations for sure, but they're more than staying busy...

As for the nazis in CDA, they're all but gone. Never were very many of them, they were just noisy. Their compound got forclosed on and they moved to Pennsylvania..lol Gettin' kinda off topic for this thread, so I'll catch you somewhere else..Later

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 29th, 2003, 1:52 am

in los angeles drugs play a big part in homicides that is why my hood is beefing with a mexican gang called florence 13...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 29th, 2003, 7:28 am

yes most east coasters have beef with florencia 13 , but i wonder wich clicka are beefing with yall should be them dream boys 90 st or the 85 st f13 ,and they more on 76 place locs nutts ,and them nhood demons 64 are beefin' with 62 ecc and shack boyz ,i knew a hoodstaz out of 62 ecc .

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 1st, 2003, 2:11 am

bg we beefing with all of them when we bust on them they come back from every where in bust back if some victoria park locos bust on some 190s in we hear about it we on are way to carson iam from the hundreds in the 76 in 62 in 89 started that beef with f13 but we not going to sit there in let the f13 bust on 3 hoods when they got like 10 hoods in la in we got like 10 in la we can handle business they got aks we got aks they got techs we got techs in 2003 they lost so many homies iam waiting for that white flag because they losing 3 homies a day this 2003 ppl not riding 1 time a day nomore we ride 3 or 4 times a day walk bys or on bikes whatever we not trying 2 hit no innocent bystander...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 1st, 2003, 7:50 am

first my name is casper bg is my rank ,i bet you not even a tg so you should know that bg in my hood means og in most other hoods , but seams that in east coast yall call yourself og as soon as you out of the hall ,but in my hood only original founding members of my set can call themselvs og and those guy are on their 40 or more .... you speak like yall ride 4 time a day not like in the old days ??does it mean that yall better than the old generation ???,well nephew what do you know about the old days ? let me tell you something 1989 was the bangin' years yall doin nothing new ,your beef with flowers is nothing major ,3 rides a day ?? we use to strike our enemies in 4 different spot at the same time ,we use to create diversion so the cops were busy with something minor while we was riding on our enemies from 4 different rides ,chasing them and emptying their hood ,yall invented nothing its just the same story over and over ,just that there is more cops and less riders nowaday checc stats ...you sound like east coast is a big family ...we know that some of your hoods don't even get along don't you come and tell us east coast is a big single giant gang and having a beef with one is like having a beef with all ? so why when nutty block was in war with 190 seams none of yall ever got involved ,and i know that well fleet cold village dogs are in war with 190 why yall don't do nothing ?and honestly niggaz yall don't bang like we use to , 4 real ...BABY GANGSTA casper S\S COMPTON born in 1971

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » February 6th, 2004, 9:48 am

All this makes interesting reading, an education for me really...cos I'm in London Uk. Things are different here..same same but different. The initial thread of this discussion was the supposed link between drugs and gangs, that the assumption is that they go together. I was interested to learn that not all your gangs deal. Here its different. Sorry to let you know that in London, the stereotypes are, in this issue, right. I'm writing from a neighbourhood called Hackney - In Hackney the gangs don't wear colours, cos they would be too identifiable by the feds and the culture has evolved in a British context, so its hard to make comparisons completely. BUT, the majority of gangs have drugs as a core business - weed, coke and crack-cocaine mostly. Beef is often over territory attatched to drugs sales. Thats not to say that thats the only clash point, but its a majority call. Trouble is, in UK we have only just experienced the arrival of crack in the last ten years and especially in the last five. The drug has screwed up our neighbourhoods and incresed the violence. I hate walking home and being accosted by crack whores every night, with their pimps lurking in the shadows - all skin and bone and offering a blow job for five quid (seven dollars). Our young are influenced by the LA thing, but also the Jamaican Yardie thing and the old British crime family thing, so we got a hybred culture. One thing tho, crack f***ks up our area.

DreamerGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DreamerGirl » May 5th, 2004, 12:37 pm

The Modesto Bee..........(State) FBI releases photos of men holding fake Mexican law enforcement IDs

Last Updated: May 4, 2004, 07:10:14 PM PDT

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Photographs of 75 people believed to be holding phony Mexican law enforcement credentials were posted online Tuesday by the FBI, which said criminals have used them to commit murders and other crimes.
The agency said it had "highly credible information" that criminal organizations, including the Arellano Felix drug cartel, have used the fake credentials to commit crimes in the United States and Mexico, particularly along their shared border. The suspects are considered to be "armed and extremely dangerous," officials said.

The credentials have been used in hundreds of crimes during the last several years, including murder, drug trafficking, kidnapping and violent assault, said FBI spokeswoman Jan Caldwell. She declined to discuss specific cases.

The agency posted the suspects' photos on a new Web site in an effort to generate leads. They are also being posted at U.S.-Mexico border crossings.

The FBI said it has captured one unidentified suspect. He is a Mexican law enforcement officer who is believed to have provided the Arellano Felix cartel with a genuine law enforcement credential for purposes of making false ones.

The Arellano Felix gang dominated the world of illicit Mexican drug trafficking throughout the late 1990s, developing a reputation as the most bloodthirsty of the country's major smuggling groups.

---

On the Net:

FBI Public Safety Warning: http://www.narctip.com

Lettaz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Lettaz » May 7th, 2004, 10:48 am

hmm Gangs and Cartels are 2 diffirent things...And out here they have Like Drug Dealer crews...Niggas that hang together...Mostly from same hood...They dont bang over colors...NIGGAS GET SHOT for every reason under the sun out here....DRUGS,FEMALES,DISRESPECT,ICING GRILLING (I THINK CALI NIGGAS CALL IT MAD DOGGIN')...shit in early 90's/late 80's...ALOT OF Niggas wuz murdering niggas over steppin' on they shoes...

DreamerGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DreamerGirl » July 1st, 2004, 12:48 am

Gangs and drug-dealers were dealt a major blow Tuesday, June 29 2004 in the massive drug sting that led to the arrest of 29 people in Turlock, Delhi, Keyes and Modesto.> http://www.turlockjournal.com/opinion/o ... p?c=113519

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 27th, 2006, 7:41 pm

[quote="dudley"]The police and media often paint a picture of gangs and drug dealing being synonymous, and they say that "gang-related" homicides are almost always drug related. By their reasoning, if you go after drug deals, you're also targeting gangs. While I realize that different gangs may act differently,

Is it more true in LA than, say, Chicago or another city?[/quote]

everything that glitter aint gold...make long story short the media dont know nathan about the streets.some gangs is moving weight(not countin ya nickel,dime & ounce b.s).."most" of the crews moving weight is not in the limelight.most niggahs you see claiming "well known crews is broke",period..... niggahs gettin killed over rag colors & not dolla figures is wild....if it dont make real dollas it dont make sence

blue42
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blue42 » May 2nd, 2006, 6:47 pm

yea its a connect but everybody in the gang dont slang though and sometimes the gang dont allow everybody to slang best to have specific people do specific things

MadIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: CHICAGO

Unread post by MadIP » October 27th, 2008, 8:24 am

IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE GANG IF WE ARE TALKIN ABOUT A BEVERLY HILLS GANG SURELY MOST MEMBERS AINT SLANGIN, BUT MOST GANGS SLANG AND YOU CANT JUST SAY HEY I AINT SLANGIN YOU GOTTA DO WHAT THEY TELL U LIKE ANY OTHER WORK CAUSE GANGS ARE ENTERPRISES.
TO THE LONDON GUY , LONDON IS TOUGH YOU MIGHT GET HIT BY A BULLET FROM A DRIVE BY IF YOU ARE IN LONDON.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » November 11th, 2008, 7:27 pm

dudley wrote:The police and media often paint a picture of gangs and drug dealing being synonymous, and they say that "gang-related" homicides are almost always drug related. By their reasoning, if you go after drug deals, you're also targeting gangs. While I realize that different gangs may act differently,

Is it more true in LA than, say, Chicago or another city?

it is all fiction, the legal view of gangs always takes the most extreme and exaggerated view because in court they want to make it easier to convict people so the play the fear card infront of the jury and it works.

YP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YP » November 22nd, 2008, 6:32 pm

beverly hills gangs aint slangin? do u think slangin is hangin out on a street corner? man everybody sells/smuggles drugs and everybody does not mean everyone in the world it means that jewish gangs......white gangs...everybody...yakuza....everybody makes money off of DRUGS...ITS A BIG BIG BUSINESS

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”