cigarette burns?

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
healthguy11
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

cigarette burns?

Unread post by healthguy11 » November 10th, 2008, 5:40 am

Growing up in Huntington Beach, I had a couple friends that claimed Wah Ching because they had friends from LA, but that was about all the gang influence I was exposed to. I went off to UC Berkeley and met some guy that said he was from LA Korean Pride. He had cigarette burns all around both his ankles, and said he did them with "homies" to prove that they were true homies.

So in freshman year, a few of us Koreans then one night after drinking all decided to burn our our left hands (the outside not the palm side) to prove that we were homies.

Does anyone else know of cigarette burns as being a way to become homies? It's obviously not like getting jumped in a gang or anything, but maybe like a lower level of being in a gang.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Re: cigarette burns?

Unread post by Cold Bear » November 10th, 2008, 11:30 am

Bloods out in NY used to do it, they do three dots but it doesn't mean the same shit. i think Satanas burns the back of the hand but it's a lot bigger than a cigarette burn. I did three burns in a triangle on my hand too. Each burn was at a different time.

healthguy11

Unread post by healthguy11 » November 10th, 2008, 12:41 pm

huh, thanks. that's interesting, because it did become two burns for some guys and then even three i think. i don't know if it was on purpose like that, but i didn't do the second and third burns.

yeah, but it was stupid because in the end we never really had each other's backs. i ended up in jail for about three days for battery and possession of LSD, and after that it was like everyone who did the burns didn't even know me anymore and they went off and did their second and third burns. so much for homies, but who wants more burns anyway?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » November 10th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Cigarrette burns signify that you were an 80s generation Pinoy gangmember. They often did those in specific areas, depending on which gang you belonged to. I didn't now it carried onto the Koreans or Chinese.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 10th, 2008, 7:48 pm

I've seen other people do it too, especially Asians like the Viet's.

spudlauncher
What city do you live in now?: Toronto

Unread post by spudlauncher » November 11th, 2008, 4:58 pm

It's common among asian gangs and organized crime. Signifies trust and true loyalty.
COmmon practice for new members that just got inducted. It's a derivative of an old and complicated ceremony
comong among asians

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » November 11th, 2008, 9:39 pm

seen a lot of vietnamese gangs do it and they do it with three burns. I also heard some greaser gangs do it also from a girl who used to hang with them.

ob26
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Hollywood

Unread post by ob26 » November 13th, 2008, 10:43 pm

5 dots. or 5 burns. My crazy ass asian life.
also stands for money power respect loyalty or 5 something..

AfireInside
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Puente

Unread post by AfireInside » November 13th, 2008, 11:45 pm

ob26 wrote:5 dots. or 5 burns. My crazy ass asian life.

Cigarette burns from what i know of signify brotherhood. But I know of some gangs that have a burn for an initiation including the jump in. All of the Hellsiders are known from the police to have a cigar burn on their left wrist. I think satanas have a cigarette burn initiation as well

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » November 14th, 2008, 4:38 am

AfireInside wrote:

Cigarette burns from what i know of signify brotherhood. But I know of some gangs that have a burn for an initiation including the jump in. All of the Hellsiders are known from the police to have a cigar burn on their left wrist. I think satanas have a cigarette burn initiation as well
satanas has big quarter size burns on the center of the back of their hand either from a cigar or multiple cigarette burns but i've also heard from heating up a coin as well.

jefrox has one on their right hand on the left side of their backhand between the pointing finger and the thumb. they have it there si that when they throw a J for jefrox you see the burn right in the middle.

asian boys/z as far as i know kicking it with them all have the different burns and some don't have it at all. i've seen the 5 burns standing for the 5 t's for the vietnamese members. the cambodian members i don't think get cigarette burns. i've also seen some of the older vietnamese abz and abs have dozens of burns all in a line all over their forearms starting at the wrist up. i don't know what that means.

youngsta714
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nevada

Unread post by youngsta714 » November 18th, 2008, 7:20 pm

judastaugamma wrote:
AfireInside wrote:

satanas has big quarter size burns on the center of the back of their hand either from a cigar or multiple cigarette burns but i've also heard from heating up a coin as well.

jefrox has one on their right hand on the left side of their backhand between the pointing finger and the thumb. they have it there si that when they throw a J for jefrox you see the burn right in the middle.

asian boys/z as far as i know kicking it with them all have the different burns and some don't have it at all. i've seen the 5 burns standing for the 5 t's for the vietnamese members. the cambodian members i don't think get cigarette burns. i've also seen some of the older vietnamese abz and abs have dozens of burns all in a line all over their forearms starting at the wrist up. i don't know what that means.
you are correct with the vietnamese 5 T's. money power love respect and loyal

bluucrayonz
What city do you live in now?: Laguna Hills

Unread post by bluucrayonz » November 19th, 2008, 10:05 pm

i have them too.. i guess its an asian thang.

choisauce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by choisauce » March 5th, 2009, 12:56 pm

A lot of Koreans have the single cig burn or the "my crazy life" cig burns. Older dudes tend to have single, and dudes from the late 90's on often did the "my crazy life." Cig burns were done even back in the day in Korea, but I'm sure in LA, there was influence from Filipinos. At least in some areas.

There's also people who have random cig burns all over... usually just machismo stuff...

As for lines of cig burns on the forearms, I know a couple people who have that... one for every mission. Can't say if this is what it means for all people.

choisauce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by choisauce » March 5th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Oh, yeah, can't forget about lighter burns!

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » March 7th, 2009, 2:21 am

i remember some people also used incenses to create burns.

Thomas0n
What city do you live in now?: Brest

Burn

Unread post by Thomas0n » March 12th, 2009, 6:17 pm

Burning my brain thts legally shit what cost is 35$ per half gramm (
One breath and u don't wanted to breath before the end of life! (

AdamNB
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Natoma Boyz

Unread post by AdamNB » June 4th, 2009, 10:43 pm

healthguy11 wrote:Growing up in Huntington Beach, I had a couple friends that claimed Wah Ching because they had friends from LA, but that was about all the gang influence I was exposed to. I went off to UC Berkeley and met some guy that said he was from LA Korean Pride. He had cigarette burns all around both his ankles, and said he did them with "homies" to prove that they were true homies.

So in freshman year, a few of us Koreans then one night after drinking all decided to burn our our left hands (the outside not the palm side) to prove that we were homies.

Does anyone else know of cigarette burns as being a way to become homies? It's obviously not like getting jumped in a gang or anything, but maybe like a lower level of being in a gang.
Vietnamese Gangs do cigarette burns... i have one my homeboys gave me when i became official

chosunpride
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: SoKal

Unread post by chosunpride » June 9th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Almost everyone I knew had the burns (from different gangs). Hurts like hell, smoking the cigarette. Incense is weak but looks clean.