Maravilla Gangs of Los Angeles

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Maravilla Gangs in LA

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 8th, 2005, 10:20 am

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:Then that means you shoulda stopped by and had a beer. Don't be rude ese.
I second you on it.

Brings back the memorias when all Barrios in the East Side had the "WELCOME TO" sign posted in various parts when entering the Varrio.

Where did we get that from?

I can only assume that it came from the welcome sign posted by cities all over the county.

The "WELCOME TO" lol, is more like a "BEWARE OF" :twisted:

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Maravilla Gangs in LA

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » February 11th, 2005, 8:36 am

lonewolf wrote:
Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:Then that means you shoulda stopped by and had a beer. Don't be rude ese.
I second you on it.

Brings back the memorias when all Barrios in the East Side had the "WELCOME TO" sign posted in various parts when entering the Varrio.

Where did we get that from?

I can only assume that it came from the welcome sign posted by cities all over the county.

The "WELCOME TO" lol, is more like a "BEWARE OF" :twisted:
Shhhhhhhhh! Remember, no giving out tips.

Anyways, that's just how fools roll. Peace.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Maravilla Gangs of Los Angeles

Unread post by MARTINEZ » February 17th, 2009, 1:35 pm

This was a damn good thread going back since 1993

I clear up much of the bull shit and fiction about the Maravilla gangs in --> The history of THE LOTT 13 in Allhood issue #6

I'm pretty sure you guys can order it directly from Alonso here sg.com

I also give a brief, but very accurate history about the MARAVILLA gangs ...

check it out!

1santo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Bell Gardens

Unread post by 1santo » February 22nd, 2009, 4:39 am

All the Maravilla gangs have the name of the hood they claim or where they started in their name. Where did High Times come from? Where's their territory? All I know is that they beef with Arizona and Marianna

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by sickside » February 22nd, 2009, 6:36 pm

hightimes is in the MV projects, they got the name from prtty much being a stoners gang, "High Times Stoners"...the time period where there was just stoner cliques all over the place before they got put in different gangs or just transformed into a gang. Martinez will put it down once he looks at this posting.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » February 23rd, 2009, 7:38 am

You guys need to order/buy ALLHOOD issue #6 that has the detailed history of THE LOTT 13

I discuss all Chicano Stoner gangs that got absorbed into the MARAVILLA car

& where all these Chicano Stoner gangs were located

I even touch on many of the 1990s party crews that were under/allied with the MARAVILLA car

then we can discuss 'mas de aquellas'

Orale!

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 282828 » March 2nd, 2009, 11:15 am

i think ford and el hoyo were the oldest ones but the old ford isnt the same as the new one.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » March 3rd, 2009, 7:24 am

282828 wrote:i think ford and el hoyo were the oldest ones but the old ford isnt the same as the new one.
Orale 28 ^^

I think you're on the money with that ^^^ I also got that from a veterano from ARIZONA MARA recently

He's related to one on my homeboys, and he's in his late 40's

this vatos jefe is from MMV and his abuelo was from FORD !! --> That shit blew my mind

he told me the exact same thing, many jente think FORD MARA is a new mara but actually it's one of thee oldest along with

EL HOYO MARA & MARIANNA MV

However - FORD MARA had died out for a while and then made a sick come back,

i know in the 1980's while most MARAVILLA gangs were going thru the STONER ERA,

these vatos had perhaps the most cholo members of any MV gang at that time.

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » March 6th, 2009, 5:13 pm

Ford is old
The oldest thou is KMV, LMR, .....I have family from MYA MVR and know a fineeeeeeeeee asssssssss chick from JMV (used to know, "DAMN WAS SHE HOT") and a fool my age from FMV (but we were never that cool but cool enough to smoke and chop it up, only chilled once and I later found out he wasnt from FMV his older brother and dad where!),and a vet from AMV too, he was from the termites clique he has AMV tatoo on his ear and every where else, lives in SGV now and crazy how this is going to sound but a black vet that says he help start a MV hood he had MV blasted all on his head and neck and you could sworn that he was just a real dark Mexican but he wasnt he was in fact a old black guy that talk perfect spanish. Me and my roll dog at the time never ask what gang he made, we would always try to look at his tatoos, lol but didnt want to stare because my roll dogs father kicked it with MV had it tatoo but was never jumped in when he was young and he used to tell us, "YOU NEVER ASK A VET WHERE HE IS FROM OR STARE ONE DOWN BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE FUCKING WITH"! but the black vet used to tell us that there was 13 -15 black fools too in MV (I never seen that many black people in East Los but who knows) he was late 40s' and live around La Puente. But any way, the vet from AMV, he had black and white pics. of AMV members (look funny to me how they used to look, suit zooters but a lil border brother too!)...lol...his the one that told me that LMR,KMV where the frist even before HMV, mostily LMR. Than dont know the order but AMV, MMV,LOTE MV, RMV, LMV than FMV for sure! "infact MMV and FMV might have been at the same time if not after" (I think they kinda started at the same time if not than a few years down the line). So yea I would say FMV is real old before the 60s' for sure, hands down!

Off the record, I heard this from all the MV members I just put down and knew alot of good friends that kicked with other different MV hoods that also said so info. but check it! dont know if this is true so please dont fry me!...lol, just hear me out!

LMR was frist KMV than started KMV broke off a lil and started MMV dont know if they broke off a lil more and started FMV they are all next to each other and KMV in the middle. MMV started MYA MVR, than FMV and MYA MVR started FRASER MV..now that is that lil area (but LMR is not in that area)

RMV help start "ALL" the MV Project gangs thats why they are all close

AMV poped up because in the vets pics. It look preety much like a straight out car club..so maybe had influence from HMV

HMV, dont know if HMV started them but forsure think there was a lil help from HMV....because than you got HMV than LMV a lil later from LMV, JMV because JMV is a lil older than alot of people think. JMV help start PMV but that was way after MVR was around. MVR help start GMV

I dont know were LOTE MV hood is to be honest or MVF when they were around so dont know who influence them because dont know who is there neighbors! need help from all of you for this one

might have skip a few but you see where Iam geeting at. MV realy does have a bloodline that you can trace back to each other. Alot of people from what I heard is that, "thats one of the only gangs that dont know how each other started". In a way its true and in a way its not! and you got to understand they started when there was nothing truily around and when things were way different from now, WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY DDDDIIIIFFEEERRREEENNNTT!!!!

peace out! thats my two cents.. help out and put it all together or talk your shit even thou I said

"Off the record, I heard this from all the MV members I just put down and knew alot of good friends that kicked with other different MV hoods that also said so info. but check it! dont know if this is true so please dont fry me!...lol, just hear me out!"

lol, but do what you got to do. Iam tired of comming on the EAST LOS thread and seeing no one ant saying shit ever, besides the good history all the older homies on this site help put down. In my eyes East LA has so much and is still doing so much that it is truily its own world way different from all the trends and B.S. alot of other spots have.

Late! its friday, I ant got no job...am about to get HIGGGGGHHH today.....after I get laid tho!...lol, the woman doesnt like when me eyes are red...lol

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » March 9th, 2009, 6:20 am

MMV started MYA MVR..."/

correct ^^

"... than FMV and MYA MVR started FRASER MV..."/

that's possible since they're all right next to each, but they go at it now with each other.

but LMR or Lote Maravilla is absolutely NOT an old Maravilla hood, they came out appx 1969

I read the lil auto-bio from the main founder of Lote Mara and thats the years they came out.

the oldest MV gangs that are still around are El Hoyo, Marianna, Ford, Arizona and maybe Juarez

the defunct old MV gangs are Kern and Lomita MV but even they're not as old as ^^^

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » March 10th, 2009, 6:55 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:MMV started MYA MVR..."/

correct ^^

"... than FMV and MYA MVR started FRASER MV..."/

that's possible since they're all right next to each, but they go at it now with each other.

but LMR or Lote Maravilla is absolutely NOT an old Maravilla hood, they came out appx 1969

I read the lil auto-bio from the main founder of Lote Mara and thats the years they came out.

the oldest MV gangs that are still around are El Hoyo, Marianna, Ford, Arizona and maybe Juarez

the defunct old MV gangs are Kern and Lomita MV but even they're not as old as ^^^

yes fraser and mya and ford all bumbed heads now and days....shit i heard stories when ford and mmv used to ride together, i never knew they ride together because when i was growing up they were killing each other u know. So once cool with each other went to kill each other. The same with mya and ford they used to be real cool when i was growing up now they had there lil war too. i heard that both hoods had members in that spot and instead of kill each other for it they made a hood together. and as for LMR and lote i dont know how old they are i heard they were way older than 1969 but dont know about lote mv thou. so i dont know and the same with LMR! but hell i dont even know were each of those hoods are? or who now is conroll of that area ? whos the neighbors? know about that and kern nah that one i got to argue because i heard that from mv and southside that kern was a old hood! if they started mmv than they have to have some years on them. peaceeeeeeouttttt

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » March 13th, 2009, 2:09 pm

I'll give you a lil clecha homie .... on the house

you wanna know how to tell how old a varrio is...

LOOK AT THE AGE OF THEIR FOUNDERS/OG'ez

MMV, HMV, LMV, FMV, GL, WF, etc etc
all have vatos in their 70's and 80's age bracket.... but not LOTE MV

They're founder isn't that old compared to those ^^^ varrios

I did the math on them and all the other MV's becasue I did a lil sinopsis on MARAVILLA gangs in the history of THE LOTT 13 ...Featured in Allhood issue #6 (have you bought it yet?)

so don't let anyone lie to homie.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » March 13th, 2009, 2:58 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:I'll give you a lil clecha homie .... on the house

you wanna know how to tell how old a varrio is...

LOOK AT THE AGE OF THEIR FOUNDERS/OG'ez

MMV, HMV, LMV, FMV, GL, WF, etc etc
all have vatos in their 70's and 80's age bracket.... but not LOTE MV

They're founder isn't that old compared to those ^^^ varrios

I did the math on them and all the other MV's becasue I did a lil sinopsis on MARAVILLA gangs in the history of THE LOTT 13 ...Featured in Allhood issue #6 (have you bought it yet?)

so don't let anyone lie to homie.
I dont know to much about Lote, but they dont have the history of the other MV's. My father-in-law is about 43 and he said in his day Lote was his arch rival, BTW he's from MMV.

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » March 16th, 2009, 3:31 am

where is lote mv at?....you guys have more history on them for sure to be honest i never really ran in any of them only heard stories.

1santo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Bell Gardens

Unread post by 1santo » March 28th, 2009, 7:08 pm

I know they're in maywood/bell but i don't where their original hood is.

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » April 9th, 2009, 6:39 pm

really?

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » April 28th, 2009, 1:43 pm

1santo wrote:I know they're in maywood/bell but i don't where their original hood is.
WTF

naw homie, there is absolutely no LOTE MV, in maywood/bell/Hunington park

what you saw was THE LOTT 13 and maybe a MV-K or something to that affect

V. THE LOTT 13 ~ 3rd hood is right there where those 3 cities meet

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » April 29th, 2009, 3:00 pm

lmao!

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » April 29th, 2009, 3:04 pm

MV-K lol,wow....nah but i have heard MV living in Bell, Bell G, and Maywood..but i dont think any hoods but members and numbers..yea

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » April 29th, 2009, 3:33 pm

sickside wrote:MV-K lol,wow....nah but i have heard MV living in Bell, Bell G, and Maywood..but i dont think any hoods but members and numbers..yea
Common Sense aka

LOGIC

FAVELA9
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by FAVELA9 » August 17th, 2011, 8:58 pm

good thread

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » May 11th, 2012, 1:24 pm

whats Common Sense aka ?...

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Unread post by istekse818 » September 4th, 2012, 11:57 pm

All i got to say meng is what about geraghty loma werent they a maravilla like back in f the 20s a met a youngster who grudgingly admitted it and was about to beat the shit out of someone for mentioning it to him kause he had read it to him from somewhere ...

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickside » September 8th, 2012, 3:59 am

JMV was JL..and GL was GMV.....

REAL SHIT ..GMV gave it up because all there rivals were mostly other MV's ..just like hoovers did with the crips

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » September 11th, 2012, 12:07 pm

sickside wrote:JMV was JL..and GL was GMV.....

REAL SHIT ..GMV gave it up because all there rivals were mostly other MV's ..just like hoovers did with the crips
Never heard that before but it makes sense. Very interesting, good looking.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 3rd, 2013, 2:36 pm

istekse818 wrote:All i got to say meng is what about geraghty loma werent they a maravilla like back in f the 20s a met a youngster who grudgingly admitted it and was about to beat the shit out of someone for mentioning it to him kause he had read it to him from somewhere ...

you probably heard that shit from me ^

Im the 1st one who wrote about this on these forums about 9 years ago

keep in mind ~ I grow up in those very hills so i know what im talking about 1st hand experience

to me - it wasnt an offical thing... it was more of a generational thing

and this was long long before Maravilla broke away from The SUR...

for a generation only: Juarez Loma

for a generation only: Geraghty Maravilla

then things went back to normal...

keep in mind... both of 'em are enemigos to THE LOTT ... but just trying to keep things in historical perspective

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » January 3rd, 2013, 3:03 pm

Glad to see you back mane.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 8th, 2013, 7:40 am

sickside wrote:JMV was JL..and GL was GMV.....

thats not reason at all ^^

if you're going to quote some of my old ass posts, make sure you do it right

read my post above for the correct reason why that happened

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 6th, 2013, 9:20 am

^ this is another thread where I speak on Lote Mara not being one of the orignal MV gangs

again - for the record

they had absolutley no relationship to THE LOTT 13 gang

elOriginalMartinez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Los

Re: MARAVILLA GANG (history of)

Unread post by elOriginalMartinez » November 4th, 2013, 5:30 pm

ROLLIN' el Heavy wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Question to EL HEAVY, GIBBY, MARTINEZ or anyone from the ESTE LADO.

I under the beleif that the original MaraVilla of the 20s broke off into El Hoyo MaraVilla and 6 others by the 30s.

My question is, which ones where those first 7 MaraVillas?

I'll list the ones that i beleive are the oldest ones, "not in order".

1 - HMV - EL HOYO MARAVILLA
2 - MMV - MARIANA MARAVILLA
3 - AMV - ARIZONA MARAVILLA
4 - JMV - JUAREZ MARAVILLA
5 - LMV - LOPEZ MARAVILLA
6 - ?
7 - ?
ROCK MARA is located where the original MV projects were located.
LOMITA MV died out.
LOTE MV
this vato Rollin here didnt know that Lote Maravilla (LMR) came out in 1968/69 ... by MV standards, thats not original

this vato Rollin here also didnt know that Ford Maravilla (FMV) is just as old as all the other Original MV barrios. they were originally the Ford Boys... there's LA Times newspaper stories of them fighting White Fence in the early 1940s

this vato Rollin was never active like that in East Los to know these things... his family was from MV ... thats it.

Kern Maravilla (KMV) would be the other old one

Lomita Primera is said to be old, but I dont buy that the were the 1st MV only because they have Primera in their name

Hoyo Maravilla is thee oldest MV barrio...hands down. History backs that up...

and again - for the record, they were never ever, ever one single big MV varrio.

put that in your pipe and smoke it :mrgreen:

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » November 4th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Rollin is a phony that trolls the net on other forums till this day, likes to pretend to be MV but isn't. I think he really grew up in Alhambra.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 7th, 2013, 2:35 am

MARTINEZ wrote:^ this is another thread where I speak on Lote Mara not being one of the orignal MV gangs

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=55543

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”