How come pirates only exist in Africa

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

How come pirates only exist in Africa

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 13th, 2009, 9:07 pm

if it is such a profitable crime and so many countries are willing to pay ransom, why dont more countries have pirates?

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: How come pirates only exist in Africa

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 13th, 2009, 9:13 pm

here is the story of the Somali pirates:
"Since Somalia’s government fell in 1991, ships have been arriving off Somalia’s shores and dumping nuclear and chemical waste. Where do the ships come from? Europe. Who brings them there? The Camorra, Italy’s largest mafia that runs a good deal of Europe’s waste disposal service.

There's a book by Roberto Saviano which corageously spells out just to what extent the Camorra mafia have polluted, scarred and poisoned Italy’s countryside, how they have infiltrated all levels of local government in Napoli and run worldwide business in imitation fashion, guns and drugs. The offer cheap contracts, Western governments save some money and a country on its knees like Somalia is just a convenient dump. Nothing personal, it’s just business. No doubt, that not all Somalis speed boats are just defending their waters. There are the random Somali gangs too who unfortunately take advantage of this dire situation to just loot and rob without cause.

Naturally, Somalians weren’t too happy about that and sent out boats to try to stop the ships from poisoning their seas and jeopardizing the health of their people. They weren’t too happy about all the fishing trawlers depleting the stocks of shrimp either that they depended on for survival. Now we’ve over fished our own oceans until there’s barely a healthy fish population left, a free market economy just moves on to the next exploitable resource.

So why haven’t we heard such an incredible story before in more than a year of BBC, CNN or Fox news coverage?

Because like all news, there are too many special interests for certain subjects to get reported. Every day people are shot and maimed but when do we hear news stories about the companies that produce the arms? Every day 3000 children in Africa die from malaria in countries that could eradicate the disease if they weren’t run by dictators propped up by Western aid. Every day women are abducted from their homes and forced into slavery in brothels across Europe, the US, Japan and Australia.

And then we go abroad and wonder why we’re not always greeted with open arms?

But the calm, balanced media coverage will continue, including perhaps the odd ‘radical’ who mentions nuclear waste – but no, these are common criminals. They threaten our oil supply and that makes them guilty before the newspapers go to press."

more info:
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 25817.html

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 13th, 2009, 9:17 pm

PolakoMafia wrote:if it is such a profitable crime and so many countries are willing to pay ransom, why dont more countries have pirates?
Brazil, India and Indonesia have pirates too. Indonesia probably has the most pirates of all countries. I had a friend who was merchant marine. They got attacked with grenade launchers and all that there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_ ... ng_hazards

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 13th, 2009, 9:37 pm

Its kinda funny how they make pirates of the carribean like folk heroes and make jokes of them in like the pirate movies with Johnny Depp but now that the situation is serious they are treated like terrorists and no one makes anymore jokes about them with parrots lol. Hollywood always has to make jokes out of everyone like Manson that they dont find threatening anymore.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 13th, 2009, 10:11 pm

What I think will happen is in 2012 Manson will be paroled and unite the pirates, bin laden, Kim Jong the second, and the mexican cartels with the flower children or hippie killers and conquer the world as it was prophecised millenia ago. Manson is 10 times the pope, no he's 50 times the pope. but hes the pope in the mountains and in the hills. he exists everywhere and has control voer everything. he is the king of the underworld and rules the world with ATWA.

IronManCash10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Worldwide

Unread post by IronManCash10 » April 13th, 2009, 10:45 pm

i dont think the pirates, bin laden, kim jong the first or second, or the mexican cartels give a shit about charles manson. he seems like an interesting person im sure he has some pull in the underworld. instead of talking out your ass why dont you contribute to the forum by posting some real information about him.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 13th, 2009, 11:18 pm

ok there is some rumor he was involved with the hells angels and some other biker gang. He mentions them in this interview about 2 minutes in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6EK5JbDWHA

So he always had connections. The A.B. also according to one article was about to bust him out before changing their minds. Perosnally I think he feels the msot comfortable in prison and never wanted to try getting out.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 13th, 2009, 11:19 pm

the pope comment and I will rule this world comment I got from this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxyc2xCBxBs

watch that whole clip.

IronManCash10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by IronManCash10 » April 13th, 2009, 11:54 pm

i mean give me like a biography about all his murders and why he did them and his organization and his accomplishments and shit like that. like a fuckin english paper man. you fuckin moron.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 14th, 2009, 12:15 am

Hes not of the 60s, the 60s are little kids to him. The beatles are like children to him.

IronManCash10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by IronManCash10 » April 14th, 2009, 4:50 am

he seems like a little kid to me. mad at the world because he doesnt like their lifestyle so hed rather stay in prison. lol

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nunaya

Unread post by CheGuevara » April 14th, 2009, 12:21 pm

how will charles manson unite all those people? he has a nazi sign cut into his forehead. i am sure the mexicans will go along with him when he starts preaching white power. i am sureb in laden with team up with him because he lashes out against the american government. because bin laden hasa huge internet service connecting him to the jails of america right? come on man, get the fvck real. charles manson is nothing but a physco. he was glorified by the very thing he hated, american biased media. he was nothing.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 15th, 2009, 10:24 pm

WHo do you guys think would win if British football hooligans went to war vs these pirates?

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 16th, 2009, 2:53 am

GUevara, Why don't you research this shit. I'm tired of your questions. Manson is beyond race, he is beyond petty little disputes, he is concerned with much bigger things and particularly the stoppage of the spread of pollution. The govt. and wealthy upper class people are his pollution he wages war against. Race, or small little crap mean little to him, just like the beattles are small fries and only like punk rockers to him.

people listen to him and like his ideas of living free within nature and each other. The government hate people like that so they take away his rights and bang him in jail for over 40 years until he dies.

he has paid for Tate, he didn't even kill her.

The US Army generals need to be taken to war crimes court for the deaths they made their soldiers do in Iraq etc.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 16th, 2009, 3:07 am

He is a legend. An og to the max:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx_QP-be ... re=related

listen as how he explains his life and hwo he cut a dude's ear off, fought 3 in the name of Susan Atkins, and it is known he killed a black panther. He is an og to the max.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 16th, 2009, 3:33 am

"That Manson was truly scared can be appreciated only by looking at his situation. He still had the police and the motorcycle gang breathing down his back. The Panthers were still as real and imminent a threat in his mind as ever. He still had his hands all over the Crowe shooting. But now Charles Manson couldn’t even run to the desert. As long as Beausoliel was in jail accused of the Hinman murder, Charles Manson was stuck. If Manson made a run for it Bobby would assume Manson was throwing him to the lions and he’d roll over on Manson in a minute.

To add insult to injury, the Hinman murder was not being associated with the Black Panthers at all. And it never was. The police hadn’t the slightest idea what the paw print was supposed to mean.

If Charles Manson had felt hunted before, now he was trapped and hunted. He couldn’t go back to jail now, the joint was filled with Black Panthers."
http://www.susanatkins.org/6-Myth.html

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 16th, 2009, 4:19 am

He doesn't live in your world. He doesnt live in absolutes. There is no black and white or evil or good there is only gray. There is both evil and good, black and white in everything. never one absolute over the other.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 16th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Polako, you are honestly fucked in the head. Manson is a nobody, period.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 16th, 2009, 2:41 pm

if he's a nobody why is he the most famous and talked about and interviewed criminal in history? He single handely destroyed the hippy era and the 60s thats how powerful he is. he single handely destroyed the Vietnam war and stopped Nixon.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 16th, 2009, 2:53 pm

PolakoMafia wrote:if he's a nobody why is he the most famous and talked about and interviewed criminal in history?
Maybe in your mind, but not in the real world.
He single handely destroyed the hippy era
No, he didn't. Not even close.
and the 60s thats how powerful he is.
Actually, 1970 ended the 60's, not Manson.

he single handely destroyed the Vietnam war and stopped Nixon.
No...he didn't.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 16th, 2009, 2:58 pm

PolakoMafia wrote:if it is such a profitable crime and so many countries are willing to pay ransom, why dont more countries have pirates?
To answer your original question though; it has to do with the government. The Somali government has been very fragile lately, recently coming out of a civil war, and suffering from a lot of problems. Basically, it's an anything goes country. The Pirates are free to do what they want, with no reprecussions from the Somali gov. They have connections to rebel groups as well, and as a result are very heavily armed.

However, piracy is a major issue worldwide(costing over 10 billion a year), and is concentrated in the Gulf of Eden(Somalia), Indonesia, Brazil, Bangladesh and the area's around Malaysia. China, Iran, Niger and the Mediterranean are also plagued with pirates.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » April 17th, 2009, 2:24 pm

PolakoMafia wrote:if he's a nobody why is he the most famous and talked about and interviewed criminal in history?
al capone, john gotti, vito corleone are three names that are more popular in american criminal culture then charles manson. before you started talking about him, i never heard of him. why? because nobody i know talked about him. nor have i ever heard him being mentioned in pop culture.
He single handely destroyed the hippy era and the 60s thats how powerful he is.

how did he do this?
he single handely destroyed the Vietnam war and stopped Nixon.
HOWWWWWWWW? I studied the vietnam war in school, i wrote a paper on it! i never even heard his name come up throughout my research!

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » April 17th, 2009, 2:27 pm

PolakoMafia wrote:He doesn't live in your world. He doesnt live in absolutes. There is no black and white or evil or good there is only gray. There is both evil and good, black and white in everything. never one absolute over the other.
so how do you explain the nazi sign scarred into his forehead by himself? i guess he did that for no reason. i have an albanian eagle on my chest, i wouldn't have it unless i lived for it. just like he doesn't have that unless he stands and lives for it 100%.

man, what is it about you???

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » April 20th, 2009, 1:25 am

Here is some info I found:
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/03/16/mo ... nsonr.html

"

Mintphresh's rumor is just that- one of many rumors swirling around this case with no basis in fact.

Uber producer Terry Melcher once lived in the house, but no one ever remembers Manson showing up before. Dennis WILSON (there is no Dennis Love) knew Manson, but so did many others in LA and San Francisco- although Dennis used one of the songs. There has been massive research into the Manson/Melcher/Beach Boys connection but it's pretty much a dead end. Because they hung around Hollywood they knew actors and musicians because they lived near where they hung out. They also knew bikers who were massive drug dealers and ran into real hippies as well because all those groups lived around Los Angeles. That doesn't mean there was a conspiracy, it would be like living in San Fran in 1999 and knowing people in the dotcom world.

Please note that Tiger Beat super star Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders also lived at that house prior to Polanski and there's really no connection between him and Manson at all.

Another well-known rumor is that some of the people who were at Cielo Drive were involved with drug dealing (reportedly a very early ecstasy ring) and since Manson was too (via his associates in the Straight Satans motorcycle club), there must have been a drug deal gone wrong. Again, it was 1969 and many people were involved in drugs, there is no identified connection between the Straight Satans, Manson and drug dealing at Cielo drive.

Charles Manson was an abused child who grew up in the Boys Town orphanage, was in jail most of his young adult life, got out and ran a call girl operation as a pimp in Los Angeles around 1963-ish. He gets out of jail in 1967-ish (long past the Monkees had try-outs- one rumor claims he was there for that, but he was in jail) and when he tries to go back to work as a pimp he finds out that he can have a new pack of prostitutes, but the culture has changed so he ends up pimping them out for drugs and the like.

The main book on Manson was written by the district attorney who prosecuted him- not a journalist. Therefore Helter Skelter is really untrustworthy. The "next best" book on Manson was written entirely on rumor and was successfully sued (Ed Sanders book). There have been no thorough, scholarly works written on this case, but I will bet people dollars to donuts that if they really got into it, these people were nothing but pimps and prostitutes who got way too into LSD, speed and hallucinogens and spiraled into madness. and that's it.

The families of his victims deserve to know what happened, but the American public deserves to know that there might not have been a hippy boogeyman after all- and just a garden variety murderer, pimp, and drug addict."

see he was no different than a mafiosi, he ran an underworld not some cult.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » April 20th, 2009, 7:13 am

What the fuck do African pirates have to do with Charles Manson?

cixxwonn
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: chicago

Unread post by cixxwonn » April 20th, 2009, 9:19 am

pirates don't only exsist in Africa! What you think happened to those football players in Tampa?
Everything is not in the media

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » April 21st, 2009, 7:42 am

cixxwonn wrote:pirates don't only exsist in Africa! What you think happened to those football players in Tampa?
Everything is not in the media
Pirates attacked football players in Tampa? ...why?