Summer Night Lights

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Summer Night Lights

Unread post by SouljahGirl » June 26th, 2009, 6:51 pm

We will be holding a Press Conference on Monday at 11am in Jordan Downs Projects to announce the Summer Night Lights program. I will be present so stop by and ( Halla at-cha-Girl )

H.O.O.D Ministries and Mothers of the Community are Proud to support the Mayors efforts to end Gang Violence in the City of Los Angeles.

Summer Night Lights is a program designed to keep parks and Rec Centers open until 12pm every Wednesday - Saturday Nights of the summer. Starting July 8th - Sep 5th.

We will have free food for the entire community. Some sites ( MINE ) will be having Low Rider, Motorcycle and Classic car shows, parenting classes, Music Production and engineering as well as a skate park. Some sights will even be making the Low Rider Bikes.

All FREE!!!! FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE...

Tell’em Souljah Sent you. Hahah!! No don’t do that they will be like who?? Some of you on here already know who I am. You know that I live this I walk this I talk this and I am dedicated to this. This is what I live for and this is what I am willing to die for. Peace in these Hoods. Peaceful communities where our children don't have to duck and dodge bullets. Peaceful communities where we aint gotta trip over black and brown drama and was.. To God be the Glory for every youth that does not die this summer. I thank God in advance...

Here is a list of all of the sites:

Mt Carmel Recreation Center Jordan Downs Recreation Center

Imperial Courts Recreation Center Ramona Gardens Recreation Center

Jim Gilliam Recreation Center Edward Roybal Learning Center

Harvard Recreation Center Glassell Park

Hubert Humphry Manorial Park Denker Recreation Center

Cypress Park Ramona Garcia

Sepulveda Recreation Center Nickerson Gardens

Lemon Grove Recreation Center Ross Snyder Recreation Center

If you need addresses please contact me. Remember, we must be the ones to keep our children safe. We MUST have safe zones and zones that are off limits to gang violence regardless of the hood, set or individual.

The Mayor is doing what he can and now the rest is left up to us. He has given us the recources needed to see that our little ones play safe this summer. We are feeding them every night plus 2 snaks before and after the meals. We have the radio stations , tv personalities , musical artists and even some scholors involved. We bout to Do the DAM THANG!!!

Let’s fill these parks and rec centers with our children so that they will have a safe and happy summer. If you need flyers contact me at motherofthecommunity@yahoo.com or hoodministriesx2@yahoo.com

Souljah Girl
H.O.O.D. Ministries
What It Do !

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Summer Night Lights

Unread post by youayntfresh » June 27th, 2009, 5:11 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:We will be holding a Press Conference on Monday at 11am in Jordan Downs Projects to announce the Summer Night Lights program. I will be present so stop by and ( Halla at-cha-Girl )

H.O.O.D Ministries and Mothers of the Community are Proud to support the Mayors efforts to end Gang Violence in the City of Los Angeles.

Summer Night Lights is a program designed to keep parks and Rec Centers open until 12pm every Wednesday - Saturday Nights of the summer. Starting July 8th - Sep 5th.

We will have free food for the entire community. Some sites ( MINE ) will be having Low Rider, Motorcycle and Classic car shows, parenting classes, Music Production and engineering as well as a skate park. Some sights will even be making the Low Rider Bikes.

All FREE!!!! FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE...

Tell’em Souljah Sent you. Hahah!! No don’t do that they will be like who?? Some of you on here already know who I am. You know that I live this I walk this I talk this and I am dedicated to this. This is what I live for and this is what I am willing to die for. Peace in these Hoods. Peaceful communities where our children don't have to duck and dodge bullets. Peaceful communities where we aint gotta trip over black and brown drama and was.. To God be the Glory for every youth that does not die this summer. I thank God in advance...

Here is a list of all of the sites:

Mt Carmel Recreation Center Jordan Downs Recreation Center

Imperial Courts Recreation Center Ramona Gardens Recreation Center

Jim Gilliam Recreation Center Edward Roybal Learning Center

Harvard Recreation Center Glassell Park

Hubert Humphry Manorial Park Denker Recreation Center

Cypress Park Ramona Garcia

Sepulveda Recreation Center Nickerson Gardens

Lemon Grove Recreation Center Ross Snyder Recreation Center

If you need addresses please contact me. Remember, we must be the ones to keep our children safe. We MUST have safe zones and zones that are off limits to gang violence regardless of the hood, set or individual.

The Mayor is doing what he can and now the rest is left up to us. He has given us the recources needed to see that our little ones play safe this summer. We are feeding them every night plus 2 snaks before and after the meals. We have the radio stations , tv personalities , musical artists and even some scholors involved. We bout to Do the DAM THANG!!!

Let’s fill these parks and rec centers with our children so that they will have a safe and happy summer. If you need flyers contact me at motherofthecommunity@yahoo.com or hoodministriesx2@yahoo.com

Souljah Girl
H.O.O.D. Ministries
What It Do !

These summer night lights are a total waste of time.I been there and played ball at Jim Gilliam and its suppose to be safe right? Nothing but gangbangers and "ex-gangbangers" talking to each other,smoking weed,and talking about who they are going to shoot next.

I would like to see at least 1 police officer at the each park to make sure things go smooth.

I suggest they get real LA city employees at the park to make sure the things go right.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » June 29th, 2009, 12:47 pm

I'm sorry that that was your experience. My park was the exact opposite. We did not allow police presence other than an occasional patrol outside of the park. Gang members are encouraged to take part in the festvities provided they undersatnad that the park is neutral ground.

We must all work together to combat this visciouse epidemic

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 10th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Tomorrow is our opening night out at Mt Carmel . We're having a dance hosted by KJLH's Kevin Nash as well as prizes and more free food.

Bring your children out and have a safe summer night.

tonight is Movie Night. We'll be showing a Tyler Pery Film. I am also hosting Inner City ( HOOD ) Idol. It's my own version of American Idol.

We will also be offering parenting classes. African American Parenting and Latino Parenting. I keep telling y'all that " We all in this together "..

Now come get some free food and and safe summer fun. And the first on of y'all that make a comment about my t-shirt I'm knokin out

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » July 11th, 2009, 7:42 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:Tomorrow is our opening night out at Mt Carmel . We're having a dance hosted by KJLH's Kevin Nash as well as prizes and more free food.

Bring your children out and have a safe summer night.

tonight is Movie Night. We'll be showing a Tyler Pery Film. I am also hosting Inner City ( HOOD ) Idol. It's my own version of American Idol.

We will also be offering parenting classes. African American Parenting and Latino Parenting. I keep telling y'all that " We all in this together "..

Now come get some free food and and safe summer fun. And the first on of y'all that make a comment about my t-shirt I'm knokin out
lol

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California

Unread post by alexalonso » July 13th, 2009, 4:00 am

youayntfresh wrote:
These summer night lights are a total waste of time.I been there and played ball at Jim Gilliam and its suppose to be safe right? Nothing but gangbangers and "ex-gangbangers" talking to each other,smoking weed,and talking about who they are going to shoot next.

I would like to see at least 1 police officer at the each park to make sure things go smooth.

I suggest they get real LA city employees at the park to make sure the things go right.
you are FOS, this program has been cited in several reports in having a positive impact and in reducing crime. How come I go to Jim Gilliam park too and dont see the stuff you see. You aint never heard no one say who they were gonna shoot next. I also read a post you put on my Youtube page where you added more BS. You have never seen me through up a gang hand sign in any picture LIAR. And I am not on anyone side but my own side, and I am an advocate for civil and constitutional rights.
youayntfresh (1 day ago)

No but Alex Alonso is cleary on the side of gang bangers.

I have the link to that guy myspace and him throwing up gang signs.

Also that guy that said that he just picking on him because hes black?

Dude the race card has expired already.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 13th, 2009, 10:21 am

alexalonso wrote:
youayntfresh wrote:

you are FOS, this program has been cited in several reports in having a positive impact and in reducing crime. How come I go to Jim Gilliam park too and dont see the stuff you see. You aint never heard no one say who they were gonna shoot next. I also read a post you put on my Youtube page where you added more BS. You have never seen me through up a gang hand sign in any picture LIAR. And I am not on anyone side but my own side, and I am an advocate for civil and constitutional rights.
youayntfresh (1 day ago)

Some people talk about change. Some people do. Some people aint got shit better to do. Then downrate me or you..

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » July 13th, 2009, 10:41 am

These programs have their pros and cons just like any other program or organization.

The smoking weed thing is rampant; its no secret that several intervention workers have been "CAUGHT' smoking by LAPD.

Its OBVIOUS gangbangers and ex-gangbangers are present, that is who the program targets; thats what the program is for- to reduce gang violence.

I used to complain about who the money was going to (Individuals/Organizations) but the money/program has been extended to hire more Blacks (Ex Crips/Bloods-Organizations).

One major problem that I see is the mayors Office 'still' has their favorites and the ones they give a harder time. A contract can be terminated without an explanation and appeals can also be denied without an explanation. The entire contract is or appears to be overseen by 'ONE' individual instead of a group or panel, which makes it very simple to stop the paychecks that workers/and their family depend on like any normal 9-5 without being able to dispute/fight any unjust/unfair claims which can be anything from a personal dislike to straight up racism.

Overall, I think these are great programs. They give people (involved in these particular areas) a chance at employment, saving lives, recreation during detrimental hours, and something constructive to look forward to and/or participate in.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » July 13th, 2009, 10:46 am

Good luck with it,at least you are doin something and giving people an option.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 13th, 2009, 11:00 am

dinky wrote:Good luck with it,at least you are doin something and giving people an option.
Thank you, so far so good at my site.

again, thank you all for your support

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 13th, 2009, 12:24 pm

I just had a great idea. Lonso and Allhood should come down and help me feed the community. We will be serving every Wed - Sat 7pm - 8:45pm. For the next 7 weeks.

Every other Friday ( or what ever day you two decide on ) can be Allhood/Streetgangs volenteer night. You brothers ( and your staff ) can come down and support us. Well ! What it Do fella's ?

All I need is 4 volenteers per night.

Brother X... I can use you too...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » July 13th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Sounds good...

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » July 13th, 2009, 7:39 pm

alexalonso wrote:
youayntfresh wrote:

youayntfresh (1 day ago)

I go during the night,not in the day. I know them but I just mind my business so I wont get caught in the gang problem.I dont want to be near if something pops off.

Hey Alex,I was not talking about you, I was talking about the "innocent" guy in the red. I just dont ANOTHER Jamiel Shaw situation were people say hes not,but he is.

I am on nobodys side either except mines and the TRUTH regardless who it is.

I wish you could do research on Latino gangs but I know some gang are racist,even if you are Latino.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 14th, 2009, 6:56 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:Sounds good...
I knew that I could count on you Mr Allhood Sir.. As soon as I hear from the other two we'll make the arrangments. Or I could just stop by your place when the wifey aint at home and we can discuss this over a little drinky poo.

What's your address?

hahah!!! LOL!! I'm just playing.. Thank you Sir.. I'll be in touch

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » July 14th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Are you there at Gim Gilliam everyday?? @ souljagirl

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 14th, 2009, 8:40 pm

youayntfresh wrote:Are you there at Gim Gilliam everyday?? @ souljagirl
I'm not at Gilliam Sir. I'm at Mt Carmel on 70th & Hoover. And no. not every day. I still have my job downtown at the Law Firm. I do the SNL's as a service to the community.

Why do you ask.. You must want to come and volenteer?

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » July 14th, 2009, 9:12 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:
I'm not at Gilliam Sir. I'm at Mt Carmel on 70th & Hoover. And no. not every day. I still have my job downtown at the Law Firm. I do the SNL's as a service to the community.

Yeah. I'm thinking of volunteering.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 15th, 2009, 10:34 am

youayntfresh wrote:
SouljahGirl wrote:

Yeah. I'm thinking of volunteering.
Thats's what I'm talking about. Urban Unity baby!!! Pick a location.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » July 15th, 2009, 10:56 am

I don't think Harvard is up and running is it?

If not thats false advertising!

Also, there will be a big press conference held tomorrow @ 12pm on Crenshaw Blvd regarding the termination of gang intervention contracts. Holla at me for more info.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 15th, 2009, 12:46 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:I don't think Harvard is up and running is it?

If not thats false advertising!

Also, there will be a big press conference held tomorrow @ 12pm on Crenshaw Blvd regarding the termination of gang intervention contracts. Holla at me for more info.
Sexy Man... you talking to me again ? Well I'll just be dammed.. Aint I lucky :-)

Press Conference? Tomorrow ? Dam!! I'll be at the advisory board meeting for our SNL Program. I'll ask about Harvard and get back to you..

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » July 15th, 2009, 12:53 pm

SouljahGirl wrote: I'll ask about Harvard and get back to you..
I seriously doubt it. There aren't any 62 Brims at the table, no 58 Nh's, and they don't have any intervention/prevention workers over there.

Some kid, gangmember, or ex-gangmember can see that flyer and go to Harvard Park thinking its cool and get his brains blown out.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 15th, 2009, 1:37 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:
SouljahGirl wrote: I'll ask about Harvard and get back to you..
I seriously doubt it. There aren't any 62 Brims at the table, no 58 Nh's, and they don't have any intervention/prevention workers over there.

Some kid, gangmember, or ex-gangmember can see that flyer and go to Harvard Park thinking its cool and get his brains blown out.
You were right about not having any intervention workers over there. I checked on it and the Police are doing the intervention themselves. Now correct me if I'm wrong but. What thug is going to come up to a park where the police are. and if the police are doing the intervention, what do they do about injunctions. Are they giving free passes or what.

We don't want the police to come into the park where I'm at. They are not even supposed to drive into the parking lot. The most they do is drive by

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 15th, 2009, 1:46 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote: Some kid, gangmember, or ex-gangmember can see that flyer and go to Harvard Park thinking its cool and get his brains blown out.
You always looking ahead into the What if... I lke that about you Sir.. You looks out for these youngsters.

Even though you stay getting on my nerves and you talk way too much shit. I stay pissed because your right about almost everything and you won't give me your address. You are an alright guy Mr Allhood person. That's probably why I got so much love for you.

Now,When you come out to the park to help me and volenteer, can I snatch your lil sexy ass in the bathroom, lock the doors, turn out the lights and.........................................................

film at 11

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 15th, 2009, 1:50 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:
AllhoodPublications wrote: Some kid, gangmember, or ex-gangmember can see that flyer and go to Harvard Park thinking its cool and get his brains blown out.
You always looking ahead into the What if... I lke that about you Sir.. You looks out for these youngsters.

Even though you stay getting on my nerves and you talk way too much shit. I stay pissed because your right about almost everything and you won't give me your address. You are an alright guy Mr Allhood person. That's probably why I got so much love for you.

Now,When you come out to the park to help me and volenteer, can I snatch your lil sexy ass in the bathroom, lock the doors, turn out the lights and.........................................................

film at 11
ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! .. Ok. Ok... ( Slapping myself on the hand ) Bad Souljah Baaaaaad Girl !

LOL!!

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 15th, 2009, 2:04 pm

Ok Ok DANG!!!

Dear Streetgangs People... I should not be flirting with the Allhood Person because....................... ( you fill in the blanks )

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » July 16th, 2009, 12:03 pm

Well well well. Guess who showed up at the park las night. The Los Angeles Police Dept.. My My My.. Crash at that.. Yall police officers know that you are not supposed to come in the park.

I guess that was your way of telling me that your watching and listening.. I aint trippin. I'm out here to save lives. Thast it.. Thats all. Now what it Do?

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » July 16th, 2009, 12:20 pm

That means they see you stalking me too.. so don't blame me when i get subpoened and pretend like I don't know what they are talking about. :-0

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 16th, 2009, 4:33 pm

youayntfresh wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
youayntfresh wrote:

youayntfresh (1 day ago)

I go during the night,not in the day. I know them but I just mind my business so I wont get caught in the gang problem.I dont want to be near if something pops off.

Hey Alex,I was not talking about you, I was talking about the "innocent" guy in the red. I just dont ANOTHER Jamiel Shaw situation were people say hes not,but he is.

I am on nobodys side either except mines and the TRUTH regardless who it is.

I wish you could do research on Latino gangs but I know some gang are racist,even if you are Latino.
i do alot of research on Hispanic gangs, i just dont post the interviews I do with them because they either cover their faces because they are scared of La eme, or they will get it from their big homies if I post it, but I got mad research on Hispanic gangs.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 16th, 2009, 4:34 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:Well well well. Guess who showed up at the park las night. The Los Angeles Police Dept.. My My My.. Crash at that.. Yall police officers know that you are not supposed to come in the park.

I guess that was your way of telling me that your watching and listening.. I aint trippin. I'm out here to save lives. Thast it.. Thats all. Now what it Do?
I was in the Jungles last nite and there was 2 police cruisers parked out there most of the night. There was no problems.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 16th, 2009, 4:38 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:I just had a great idea. Lonso and Allhood should come down and help me feed the community. We will be serving every Wed - Sat 7pm - 8:45pm. For the next 7 weeks.

Every other Friday ( or what ever day you two decide on ) can be Allhood/Streetgangs volenteer night. You brothers ( and your staff ) can come down and support us. Well ! What it Do fella's ?

All I need is 4 volenteers per night.

Brother X... I can use you too...
I can come with one other person. When? Sat? hit me up on email for this.

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » July 16th, 2009, 4:47 pm

i do alot of research on Hispanic gangs, i just dont post the interviews I do with them because they either cover their faces because they are scared of La eme, or they will get it from their big homies if I post it, but I got mad research on Hispanic gangs.[/quote]

Yeah, I was going for that,interviews.

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Unread post by Jinky08 » July 17th, 2009, 4:05 am

Footage from Jim Gilliam Park when the Police came
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... 02aYq3I0kF