Cypress Hill

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Gold4Life
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: El Burque on Gold Street

Cypress Hill

Unread post by Gold4Life » July 23rd, 2009, 12:39 am

Yo, i'm comin from COMPLETE ignorance on this one, so I'm just askin'...

Who did Cypress Hill roll with? Cause them fools are MAD gangsta, and theres a few sets with Cypress in they names in the L.A. area...

i know Cypress Ave. got some shit rollin', but i don't know if that's them...

Any of y'all know who Cypress Hill was rollin' with back in the day?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Cypress Hill

Unread post by triplethreat » July 23rd, 2009, 1:46 am

I read somewhere that B-Real and Sen Dog were bloods. I don't think Muggs ever banged. They didn't meet Muggs until they got into making music. Muggs was originally the DJ for a old skool group called 7A3. Supposedly the name Cypress Hill comes from Cypress Ave. in the city of South Gate. The first two albums are classics! But some of the other albums are good to.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » July 23rd, 2009, 6:37 am

triplethreat wrote:I read somewhere that B-Real and Sen Dog were bloods. I don't think Muggs ever banged. They didn't meet Muggs until they got into making music. Muggs was originally the DJ for a old skool group called 7A3. Supposedly the name Cypress Hill comes from Cypress Ave. in the city of South Gate. The first two albums are classics! But some of the other albums are good to.
I heard they were from Bishops, which is a blood gang. They are on the complete other side of town though from the Cypress Aves.

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Unread post by Jinky08 » July 23rd, 2009, 6:59 am

A guy from Swans(youngwun) who used to be on here said said B-Real and Sen Dog were from 89 Family Bloods, Heres his post on it.
youngwun wrote:I've stated a couple of times that B Real is from Neighborhood Families Blood, which is now part of Family Swan Blood. But a lot of niggaz don't seem to believe that and are convinced he is from a Ese set. Here is an excerpt from his website bio at brealonline.com...
My first memory of getting into trouble was when I was about 12 or 13. I stopped at a deli on the way to school with a friend of mine, who began stuffing shit down my shirt. I just went along with it. Hell, everyone else in my family hustled, I might as well too. We ended up getting caught and I tried my best to hold in my laughter as my friend cried like a little girl in front of the cops. My gangsta days came soon after. I was introduced to Sen, who was the G in our city of South Gate, California which borders Compton and all those areas. He was feared because he hung out with alot of the cats from South Central and Watts. Everything kind of fell into place for me. I was never recruited in a gang or forced into it. I chose it. I started bangin' with Sen's homies, which was different from what my brothers were doing. I was with the Bloods, a black gang, when most Mexicans and Latins rolled with their own gangs. But those guys had my back so I never saw a problem with it. Once I started to bang with the bloods, things really started to get crazy. I remember many close calls and many shoot outs where my homies and I were dodging bullets. Most of this went down in the summers of 1986 to 1989. At that time, it was basically a war in the street. Alot of my material comes from that time in my life- friends getting shot, some getting lucky and living. Some not. I had alot of close calls myself.

I remember one occasion where I was on the block with 5 or 6 of my homies, bouncin a basketball. The ball hit the curb and bounced away. As I bent down to pick it up, a car rolled by with a guy sitting on the window ledge, aiming his gun over the roof of the car. When I ducked is when he started shooting. He missed me and caught one of my homies in the ankle. This lifestyle does catch up with you though, and one time I was not so lucky. I was at a party in another Blood neighborhood that bordered a Crip neighborhood and a couple of my homies wanted to make a weed run. Two or three guys decided to come with us to watch our backs, but unfortunately the one that was supposed to bring his gun left it behind. We got to a corner and car full of crips pulled up. I expected my homie to let some shots off, but since he left his gun at the party I was out of luck. One of the Crips had a rifle and let off 5 shots. The first one hit my homie in the forearm. The last one hit me. It felt like a charlie horse. I didn't even realize what had happened or how bad it was until I turned the corner and stopped to look to see if they were still after us. The bullet had punctured my lung.My homies took me to the hospital where I would lay on a gurney for 2 hours before anyone helped me. The cops came in to question me, asking me who shot me. Eventually they told me that I probably deserved it and left. That was one of my main motivations for writing "Pigs". I also wrote "Lick a Shot" based on that night
Just clearing that up.

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Unread post by Jinky08 » July 23rd, 2009, 7:00 am

Shit maybe not Sen Dog, maybe it was just B Real.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » July 23rd, 2009, 5:02 pm

Me and my compadre saw b-real at a paintball shop. He looks young he actually looks like a chump.

Gold4Life
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: El Burque on Gold Street

Unread post by Gold4Life » July 24th, 2009, 8:19 am

Hm. Info a little mixed, but thanks to y'all for tryina clear that up. 'preciate it.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » July 29th, 2009, 1:41 am

^Didn't mean to confuse anyone. I was talking about Cypress Avenue the street located in South Gate. From what I read thats where the name came from. They all used to kick it there or something. It has nothing to do with any Cypress gang. If any of you like the early Cypress Hill music I recommend checking out Psycho Realm. Just about everything from Psycho Realm and Sick Jacken is good stuff.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » August 29th, 2009, 2:51 pm

triplethreat wrote:I read somewhere that B-Real and Sen Dog were bloods. I don't think Muggs ever banged. They didn't meet Muggs until they got into making music. Muggs was originally the DJ for a old skool group called 7A3. Supposedly the name Cypress Hill comes from Cypress Ave. in the city of South Gate. The first two albums are classics! But some of the other albums are good to.

Me and Bret from 7A3 used to have a group before he started 7A3, we used to hit spots in Hollywood, he lived near the 7-11 on Vine & Willouby. That was so long ago I dont even remember how i met him.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 7th, 2009, 3:41 am

sen-dog and B-real were from Swans, but B-real had brother(s) in Florencia supposedly.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 282828 » September 8th, 2009, 2:02 am

he probably doesnt mention it anymore cause he would lose most his fan base

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by sickside » April 18th, 2010, 1:37 pm

perongregory wrote:sen-dog and B-real were from Swans, but B-real had brother(s) in Florencia supposedly.
i heard the same shit from my homies dad that grew up in southside of LA.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 30th, 2010, 5:50 am

Well they were from Neighborhood Family Blood gang (I don't know if the Nhood familys is doing their own thing now or still clicked up with Swans) but in that diss to Ice Cube and Mack 10 they be sayin Neighborhood Families.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”