The level of Johnny's argument reaches a new low

In this section discuss Albania [Shqipërisë], Bulgaria [България], Croatia, Macedonia [Македонија, Makedonija] and Russia [Федерация, Rossiyskaya] including any other place on the Eastern European continent.

Re: The level of Johnny's argument reaches a new low

Postby CheGuevara » August 1st, 2009, 9:54 pm

thewestside wrote:[This is actually a good example of your overall problem Johnny. You've read about the Chicago mob during the Capone years. But you've read nothing on it afterwards.


assumption.

So you really have no frame of reference to make comparisons. So you simply have to go on assumptions. It's the same thing you do with Albanian organized crime. You read about it but very little about any other type. So you have no frame of reference to make comparisons and simply have to go on assumptions. This is exactly what gets you in over your head in argument after argument. You come in knowing only part of the story and end up looking ridiculous when you make claims that aren't true.


as long as you believe this. it's half true already, keep going champ. you're a real winner ;)

What is your reasoning for the Outfit losing "much" power after Capone and Prohibition went away? Don't just give us your assumptions. Give us some actual evidence or examples.


it should be obvious that after prohibition went away, the outfit lost power. it was it's mainstream business. it's like saying is chrysler lost the 300 this year, their sales would not plummet. this is why i've told you the oufit expanding gambling is of no significance. because bootlegging died out, they were forced to strengthen their grip on other rackets.

To answer this question I had to dig out all of them. Many which I haven't read in some time. I have books that cover Capone directly and ones that cover him indirectly, as they are more about the Outfit in general or his successors. Of the ones that cover him as the main topic, I have four. Of the ones that cover him as part of the more general subject of the Outfit, I have over a dozen.


i didn't ask you how many books you have that are directly or indirectly about al capone. i asked how many of them have you read. this is our main problem, mis-communication. mostly due to you not listening or going off on some rant.
CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: January 13th, 2009, 3:26 pm
What city do you live in now?: Nunaya

Re: The level of Johnny's argument reaches a new low

Postby Azure9920 » August 2nd, 2009, 12:49 am

Jesus Christ.
Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: March 7th, 2008, 5:47 pm
What city do you live in now?: --

Re: The level of Johnny's argument reaches a new low

Postby thewestside » August 2nd, 2009, 12:51 am

CheGuevara wrote:assumption.


More like an obvious fact. If you had read anything substantial beyond the Capone era, you wouldn't be making the claims you are. But go ahead Johnny, tell me what post-Capone books you have read on the Chicago Outfit. And I'll advise you to be careful what you claim because I'll quiz you on whatever books you happen to cite. My guess is you haven't read any and you'll simply backpeddle as usual.

it should be obvious that after prohibition went away, the outfit lost power. it was it's mainstream business. it's like saying is chrysler lost the 300 this year, their sales would not plummet. this is why i've told you the oufit expanding gambling is of no significance. because bootlegging died out, they were forced to strengthen their grip on other rackets.


The very fact that they diversified and expanded their activities is what gave the mob, including in Chicago, it's real strength. They weren't dependent on only one racket. And they more than made up for what they lost by the end of Prohibition through everything else they were involved in, i.e. illegal gambling (bookmaking, cards, backroom casinos, slots, numbers), loansharking, exortion, narcotics, prostitution, labor union racketeering (Teamsters, Laborers, and HEREIU), pornography, casinos in Vegas and Cuba, legitimate businesses, the street tax, etc.

i didn't ask you how many books you have that are directly or indirectly about al capone. i asked how many of them have you read. this is our main problem, mis-communication. mostly due to you not listening or going off on some rant.


Every book I've read I own. So, as I said, I've read four books that cover him specifically as the main topic and over a dozen that cover him indirectly.
thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 3034
Joined: December 27th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Re: The level of Johnny's argument reaches a new low

Postby Dobre » August 2nd, 2009, 6:08 am

Azure9920 wrote:
CheGuevara wrote:dude, if you think you're right. that automatically makes you right in your own head. continue to be a wannabe pseudo-smart ass if you want. go ahead, copy and paste my first statement and respond with a, "oh the irony."


What's with the hostility bro? I was in agreement with you.

Even to a casual bystander who knows nothing of the mafia or its workings, it's painfully obvious John Gotti was one of the most successful NY bosses of all time, I mean, look at all that press he got!


Leave it. He's Albanian. His DNA is dying, his face is falling apart and his genes are diseased, so his mind is unstable. He has no idea what he's talking about.
User avatar
Dobre
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: May 21st, 2009, 4:17 pm
Country: Canada
If in the United States: Nevada
What city do you live in now?: Titovgrad

Re: The level of Johnny's argument reaches a new low

Postby Dobre » August 2nd, 2009, 6:11 am

Azure9920 wrote:Jesus Christ.


See..
User avatar
Dobre
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: May 21st, 2009, 4:17 pm
Country: Canada
If in the United States: Nevada
What city do you live in now?: Titovgrad

Re: The level of Johnny's argument reaches a new low

Postby CheGuevara » August 2nd, 2009, 12:59 pm

thewestside wrote:More like an obvious fact. If you had read anything substantial beyond the Capone era, you wouldn't be making the claims you are. But go ahead Johnny, tell me what post-Capone books you have read on the Chicago Outfit. And I'll advise you to be careful what you claim because I'll quiz you on whatever books you happen to cite. My guess is you haven't read any and you'll simply backpeddle as usual.[/qupte]

looooool, "quiz you." priceless. i haven't read any books about the chicago outfit before or after capone.

The very fact that they diversified and expanded their activities is what gave the mob, including in Chicago, it's real strength. They weren't dependent on only one racket. And they more than made up for what they lost by the end of Prohibition through everything else they were involved in, i.e. illegal gambling (bookmaking, cards, backroom casinos, slots, numbers), loansharking, exortion, narcotics, prostitution, labor union racketeering (Teamsters, Laborers, and HEREIU), pornography, casinos in Vegas and Cuba, legitimate businesses, the street tax, etc.


you're going off on a rant again. we are talking about the chicago outfit alone. narcotics did not become and issue until solozzo came up to the godfather with a deal loool. capone went away in 1931. the organization lost it's mainstream business as well. i don't even know why this is hard for you to understand. when a boss is jailed, his connections and influence goes with him. when prohibition ended, the outfit's main line of cash ended which forced them to expand into other rackets.

Every book I've read I own. So, as I said, I've read four books that cover him specifically as the main topic and over a dozen that cover him indirectly.


four books huh? one book more than me? :twisted: lol good one.
CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: January 13th, 2009, 3:26 pm
What city do you live in now?: Nunaya

Previous

Return to Europe (Eastern)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest