EastSide or City Heights?

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

EastSide or City Heights?

Unread post by scrub1819 » February 12th, 2009, 11:58 pm

why is it that no one calls that area eastside anymore? its now all refered to as city hts. i mean i know the neigbhorhood is called city hts but how come all the sudden the whole area that used to be refered to as east san diego is now refered to as city hts??
ive always heard of it as "eastside" and then there was more specifically a smaller area within ES called city hts. when im on menlo and el cajon blvd i consider myself in city hts but also in EastSide. but theres people who'll say that they're in city hts and not ES when theyr over on fairmont and poplar.
i mean the best way to explain it is like.. now calling all of SouthEast "Logan" or calling all of the SouthSide "San Ysidro". its like the whole EastSide turned into "City Heights". i just dont understand. and also whats with all these other little gangs clikas and krews claiming chts and going against ES? like ANLS, ICK, VDk, TEWk, LDS..
like what if all those little tagger krews located in SE went against SE?
someone please explain or give some insight!!!
oh and since we're on the topic of ES vs CH,
does anyone know how CH JRS ended up claiming CH rather than ES? from what i understand they used to be or tried to be a clika from ESD? it seems like they were the 1st to claim CHTS rather than ES and hella other crews jumped on the bandwagon???

cFut

Re: EastSide or City Heights?

Unread post by cFut » February 13th, 2009, 4:21 pm

i don't know, but SD is confusing
you got East County San Diego,
Eastside/City Heights San Diego,
and then you got the Eastside that them Skylines claim, which
is waaaays from Eastside City Heights and East County.
Skyline is like the Eastside of Southeast.

is Eastside considered to be in East County?
It's kind of a stretch tho..

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dago

Unread post by yardstick » February 13th, 2009, 8:12 pm

cFut wrote:i don't know, but SD is confusing
you got East County San Diego,
Eastside/City Heights San Diego,
and then you got the Eastside that them Skylines claim, which
is waaaays from Eastside City Heights and East County.
Skyline is like the Eastside of Southeast.

is Eastside considered to be in East County?
It's kind of a stretch tho..
East County=All the communities east of the city of San Diego. El Cajon (EC Locos, EC Dukes, EC Orphans, EC Hoodlums, VULS, OEK), Santee, Spring Valley (SV Locos), Lemon Grove (LG Locos..they might claim SESD though), La Mesa, Jamul, Rancho San Diego, Julian, Borrego Springs, etc..

East Side is not considered to be in East County.

Eastside= East San Diego, AKA City Heights, AKA Mid City The only gang that claims "East Side" is East San Diego 13. There are tagbangers that claim ES though. The other gangs there claim City Heights (CH Juniors 13, CH Insane Criminal Klicka), or Mid City (MCSD Aztec Nation Locos). The other gangs claim CH or MC instead of "East Side" because they beef hard with ESD13, and do not want to be associated at all with anything East Side. Way back (1920's?)... the City of East San Diego was formed out of the City Heights neighborhood of San Diego. Eventually San Diego re-annexed the City of East San Diego. East San Diego and City Heights are pretty much synonymous terms. "Mid City" is a political district term that includes City Heights, North Park, University Heights, Normal Heights, Oak Park, Darnall, Rolanmdo, and the college area. Aztec Nation Locos claim "Mid City," or "Mid City San Diego," since they beef with ESD13, CHICLS, and CHJRS13.

Skyline Piru (AKA: East Side Piru)=They are on the East Side of SESD. They were formed out of the East Side Hang Gang when the Blood/Crip lifestyle came down from LA form relocated bangers. Lomita Village 70's was known as East Side Lomita for the same reasons. Neighborhood Rollin 40's also go by Eastside Rollin 40's too (maybe because they are east of West Coast Rollin 30's).

Now...Oak Park Locos...they are confusing...their hood is close to the City Heights/East San Diego area, and north of Southeast San Diego (north of HWY 94), but they claim SESD. Maybe that's because they don't get along with any gangs in the East Side area. Logan Heights Clicka is kinda near their hood, so maybe that influenced them. I don't know about that one though.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » February 13th, 2009, 8:23 pm

scrub1819 wrote:does anyone know how CH JRS ended up claiming CH rather than ES? from what i understand they used to be or tried to be a clika from ESD? it seems like they were the 1st to claim CHTS rather than ES and hella other crews jumped on the bandwagon???
Yeah, they used to go by East Side Sur 13 Juniors. But they got into some beef with ESD13 and turned into CH Juniors 13. I think that the whole beef started over Sur 13 JRS using the term East Side. ESD13 won't let any other hood (or taggers) use ES unless they click up with ESD13, or back them up. ESD13 wasn't down with the Juniors, so beef started over the whole ES thing. Juniors weren't the first to claim CH though. Their used to be City Heights 13 (CH13, CHTS13) in the 90's. About the bandwagon thing...it's just typical street politics. Those other crews are riding in the CH car because they don't get along with ESD13, or Aztec Nation.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » February 13th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Things seem like they are getting screwy in the South Bay too. There is a cool cat from OTNC on this forum that could clear up what I am about to say. I might be off on some of this. When I was young...There was no South Bay car. It was OTNC (which claimed WSNC), the ESNC gangs, SSM, VCV, and all the rest of the South Bay gangs ran under SSD or SS. Otay claimed SSD even though their hood is in Chula Vista. That's because VCV and Otay are big time rivals, and Otay used to actually be a separate community before the City of Chula Vista annexed it. SSMob was called SSM for a few reasons 1.they were a break off from Lynwood Mob in LA (the new click was in SDCounty, south of LA, hence SS), 2. Their hood was on the south side of National City, 3. They had associates in Chula Vista and PH, so they had heads in different parts of the southern area San Diego. It wasn’t because they associated with the SSD area, or its gangs.

I moved back down to SD and things were different. OTNC, the ESNC gangs, VCV, and the rest of the South Bay gangs all claim South Bay. It makes sense to me, because they are all in the South Bay. Now South Side... OTNC doesn't claim (and never has) SS, but the rest of the gangs in the South Bay still claim SS (along with “South Bay”), including VCV now. With SSD...there is a SSD13 now (new to me, but I guess they have been around since the late 90's). So I noticed a lot of gangs in the SB don't claim SSD anymore. Probably because they don't want to be associated with SSD13. And…SSM is now known as National City Mob or NC Mob.

Now here's the trippy part. I've seen OTNC WSSD hitups and VCV SSD hitups. I don't know if these are fakes that are tagging it, or if they are youngster, that aren't schooled on the street politics yet. Or...maybe "SSD" is still being claimed by some SB gangs, despite the fact that there is a SSD13. I also noticed that OTNC isn't hitting up South Bay anymore, and Otay is crossing out South Bay. I saw a Del Sol hit up (Del Sol X3 South Bay) that was crossed out by Otay. Usually Otay would just cross out the DS part, and leave the 13 and SB alone, but the South Bay part was also crossed out and replaced with an SS. Maybe that car fell apart or something (no pun intended). There is VCV South Bay Locos. Maybe that changed the street politics a little (both OTNC and Otay are big time VCV rivals).

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by scrub1819 » February 14th, 2009, 3:32 am

yardstick wrote:Otay claimed SSD even though their hood is in Chula Vista. That's because VCV and Otay are big time rivals, and Otay used to actually be a separate community before the City of Chula Vista annexed it.
i was at the beach in coronado for 4th of july one time and i seen like 20/25 buff old OG lookin guys that had Otay, Southside and SSD tat'd all over them in really big, very noticable old english letters. i remember telling this to an older cousin of mine and he said i must have got it wrong cuz he said that Otay never claimed SSD. i was mad cuz i could never find anyone that could verify that Otay claimed SSD and i know damn well what i saw.
a few of them had some real fine ladies haha

anyways i was wondering if there were any boundaries between any of the gangs/klikas/krews in ES/CHts. i roll through there all the time but dont know for sure who is where. i know theyr kinda scattered among each other but it seems like theres more of a concentration of JRS near Hoover HS and more Eastsiders than anything else down near Hollywood Park and Azelea Park. am i anywhere near right??

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » February 14th, 2009, 12:44 pm

scrub1819 wrote: i was at the beach in coronado for 4th of july one time and i seen like 20/25 buff old OG lookin guys that had Otay, Southside and SSD tat'd all over them in really big, very noticable old english letters. i remember telling this to an older cousin of mine and he said i must have got it wrong because he said that Otay never claimed SSD. i was mad because i could never find anyone that could verify that Otay claimed SSD and i know damn well what i saw.
a few of them had some real fine ladies haha
Naw...your cousin was wrong. They always claimed SS and SSD. You can see old Otay hitups in Chula Vista that say "Otay SSD and VLO SSD." They might not hit up the SSD anymore though, but they still hitup SS. Otay is an old hood. Probably the tied with OTNC and Sidro as the oldest hood. Otay as a gang goes back to the late 30's/early 40's, just like OTNC. Otay used to be f*ckin' deep as shit from the 70's to the early 90's. There are a lot of veteranos from way back in the day...before Riverbottom Locos and Rasta Locos came around. There used to be the Otay Yatos (YTS) in the 50's and 60's. And the Otay Locos in the 70's (then they started hitting up into VLO-Varrio Loco Otay). Now they got another new clicka called Trece Boys (VLSO 13BS). They got small and quiet for a while, but now it looks like they are getting deep and kicking up a lot of dust again.

Otay has always been a down ass hood. I never met a homie from Otay that was a ranker or fake. They seem to weed out any vatos that can't hang. Even mellow homies from VLO have always seemed to put in work. Otay also seems to get along with some SESD gangs (Sherman, VMarket, Shelltown), unlike all the other SB varrios. I don't think they get along with any SBSD hoods, but I am probably wrong. They have always banged hard against VCV (a war that dates to the late 50's, when VCV first came around). They also bang hard on Del Sol and Sidro. They also don't get along with OTNC, Fifth Block, Nestor, or Palmas either. I don't know if they still beef with Brandywine LS, or if they beef with Imperial or Iris. When I was young some homeboys from Otay and Imperial would kick it together in CV.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » February 14th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Hey..check out this page...go to the comments in the SD Barrios section..and you will get alot of good info on the SD scene. The hommie that posts this blog, also posts here. He's a cool vato.

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/2 ... chive.html

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by scrub1819 » February 15th, 2009, 11:33 am

^
im already a regular on that board. i just get impatient with waiting a couple days for an update of 2 posts. but that sh.i.ts been crackin with good info for over a year now. its crazy how much LW knows even tho hes from SP..
i always go there 1st &check for new stuff, &then i come here to check up on the game.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 9th, 2009, 3:51 am

Here's the way i understood things of old

Sidro, Del Sol, Las Palmas, Iris Ave, Nestor and Otay
all claimed SOUTH SIDE SAN DIEGO

OTNC, VCV and IMP13 claimed SOUTH BAY

I never seen nor heard OTNC, VCV or IMP claim SS'SD

However, SY, DS, PC, LP, VIA and O13 all fall in the So Bay label
they all would tell you they're from the South Bay, but they claim SS

SS are only those varrios that are or were, either incorporated, or unincorporated sections of the City of San Diego

The whole area that stretches from 13ST in IB, all the way to Otay Mesa East, south to SY and north to the River Bottom, was all considered South San Diego.
Today we know this big area as Nestor, Del Sol, Sidro, Iris, Palm City and Dairy Mart.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » September 9th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Here's the way i understood things of old

Sidro, Del Sol, Las Palmas, Iris Ave, Nestor and Otay
all claimed SOUTH SIDE SAN DIEGO

OTNC, VCV and IMP13 claimed SOUTH BAY

I never seen nor heard OTNC, VCV or IMP claim SS'SD

However, SY, DS, PC, LP, VIA and O13 all fall in the So Bay label
they all would tell you they're from the South Bay, but they claim SS

SS are only those varrios that are or were, either incorporated, or unincorporated sections of the City of San Diego

The whole area that stretches from 13ST in IB, all the way to Otay Mesa East, south to SY and north to the River Bottom, was all considered South San Diego.
Today we know this big area as Nestor, Del Sol, Sidro, Iris, Palm City and Dairy Mart.
Yea..it was like that when I was growing up...then I came back to SD...and CV was claiming SS and SSD! And the SBSD car was up and runnin. IMPX3 always claimed SS San Diego though (at least from the early 80's to now). I remember IMP Dukes were always hitting up SS IMP DKS in the early 80's (83/84).

T'm noticing a new thing with IMP now. The Raskols are hitting up IMP BCH X3 now, along with the old school IMP13. Don't know if it comes from the prison thing, because there's a gang in the Low Desert in Imperial, CA that is called Imperial 13 too (also IMP13). So I don't know if Playa Imperial is doing that in order to quell any confusion between them and the other gang. Sort of like how Diablos 13 started going by South Side Diablos 13-it was a way to make it known that they weren't with the already well established VEV Diablos.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » September 9th, 2009, 3:47 pm

BTW-Welcome back LW!

Scub..what's TEWk and LDS?

S619D
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by S619D » September 9th, 2009, 10:51 pm

Whats up LW what happened to your blog homie

and TEW is The Evil Within...at least thats what it was when they were taggers

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » September 9th, 2009, 11:12 pm

S619D wrote:Whats up LW what happened to your blog homie

and TEW is The Evil Within...at least thats what it was when they were taggers

Thanks! What about LDS? More taggers? So TEW is 13 now?

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by scrub1819 » September 10th, 2009, 3:07 pm

LDS is just Landis, the street that runs through ESSD.
i donno what affiliations they have but i've seen LDS hit up all throughout Landis and surrounding areas; the part thats near Mid City rec.

&yea. TEW is The Evil Within. i would guess that they are NOT turning varrio, since theyr hitups are becoming increasingly artsy; i seen a bigass TEW piece off the 15 just south of University. looked like it required quite a bit of cans..

BUT, i dont really know how that kinda stuff goes. i never woulda thought SDV would turn gangster but like said in another post somewhere, theyr affiliated w/ OTAY now.

i remember a couple years ago TEW and UIS[up in smoke] had hitups ALL OVER THE PLACE crossing each other out. i think UIS has heads in Eastside and Clairemont.
im told TEW is in North Park City Hts and some parts of ES.

S619D
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by S619D » September 10th, 2009, 6:06 pm

UIS TEW used to also write with a crew called ICK or some shit like that all Eastside/City Heights crews

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yardstick » September 11th, 2009, 12:49 am

S619D wrote:UIS TEW used to also write with a crew called ICK or some shit like that all Eastside/City Heights crews
Insane Criminal Klicka went 13 as SSICKLS13, but recently clicked up with Juniors (as well as Van Dyke Klicka).

So right now it's...... City Heights Juniors, City Heights ICLS, and City Heights Van Dyke STLS.

LDS-Landis! Big Stick Up (or Lone Wolf) brought up a Landis 13 gang up a while back...they went by L13 back in the 90's. Maybe they're back? Sorta like how there was a City Heights 13 (CHTS13) in the late 80's to early 90's. Then it died off, and was ressurected by "ES Juniors Sur 13." Maybe they write "LDS now," to stop any confusion with LH13. And maybe I'm just wrong....lol

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by scrub1819 » September 11th, 2009, 12:50 pm

does Aztek Nation/ANx3LS claim CHTS too?

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » September 11th, 2009, 6:40 pm

scrub1819 wrote:does Aztek Nation/ANx3LS claim CHTS too?
AZTEC NATION AKA NENAS CLAIM MID CITY,I THINK EVERY HOOD IN SD HATES THEM,SE,SS,ES,WS SD,I KNOW THEY HAD ALOT OF BEEF WITH VAN DYKE BUT IF VAN DYKE CLICKED UP WITH CH13 THEN THEY HAVE BEEF WITH THEM,I KNOW JUNIORS ARE KINDA LAME CUZ THEY ALWAYS BE BRAGGIN BOUT 10 OF THEM CHASIN 1 OR 2 EASTSIDERS

I HEARD ICK WENT BY TWO NAMES,INSANE CRIMINAL KLICKA,AND INSANE CHEESE KILLERS,BUT NOW I HEARD THAT SINCE THEY CLICKED UP WITH CH13 THEY BECAME JUST INSANE CRIMINALS,MY HOMIE STOMPER FROM SS18ST CMS LIVES IN CITY HEIGHTS AND HE HAS HOMIES FROM INSANE CRIMINALS,THEY DOWN FOR THEIR SHIT

ISNT TEW COOL WITH CH13

S619D
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by S619D » September 11th, 2009, 10:21 pm

Ok two quick questions...is there still a NHls Normal Heights Locos

and also is there still a Logan Clique in eastside i remember that too

And one more...I remember hearing of a San Diego Sur X3 gang...like generally SD SURX3 which I believe was also in Eastside/City Heights/Normal Heights

BullaBritches
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: SOUTH BAY SAN DIEGO

Unread post by BullaBritches » September 12th, 2009, 12:45 am

MENACE18 wrote:
scrub1819 wrote:does Aztek Nation/ANx3LS claim CHTS too?
AZTEC NATION AKA NENAS CLAIM MID CITY,I THINK EVERY HOOD IN SD HATES THEM,SE,SS,ES,WS SD,I KNOW THEY HAD ALOT OF BEEF WITH VAN DYKE BUT IF VAN DYKE CLICKED UP WITH CH13 THEN THEY HAVE BEEF WITH THEM,I KNOW JUNIORS ARE KINDA LAME because THEY ALWAYS BE BRAGGIN BOUT 10 OF THEM CHASIN 1 OR 2 EASTSIDERS

I HEARD ICK WENT BY TWO NAMES,INSANE CRIMINAL KLICKA,AND INSANE CHEESE KILLERS,BUT NOW I HEARD THAT SINCE THEY CLICKED UP WITH CH13 THEY BECAME JUST INSANE CRIMINALS,MY HOMIE STOMPER FROM SS18ST CMS LIVES IN CITY HEIGHTS AND HE HAS HOMIES FROM INSANE CRIMINALS,THEY DOWN FOR THEIR SHIT

ISNT TEW COOL WITH CH13

yea..but ESDX3 always be chasinf people 12 on 1 too...just like an yother gang. JRSX3 use to be down...they got alot of older homies in la pinta-so right now they arnt as strong in the streets. like VCV. they real weak in the streets now...because all there older heads are upstate now.

BullaBritches
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: SOUTH BAY SAN DIEGO

Unread post by BullaBritches » September 12th, 2009, 12:47 am

S619D wrote:Ok two quick questions...is there still a NHls Normal Heights Locos

and also is there still a Logan Clique in eastside i remember that too

And one more...I remember hearing of a San Diego Sur X3 gang...like generally SD SURX3 which I believe was also in Eastside/City Heights/Normal Heights
never heard of NHEIGHTSLOCOS
LHC is still around i think...lots of new recrument
SDSUR13 is just an aka of VARRIO NORTH PARK LOCOS...that was what they first went by before they started hitting up VNPLS