Sexual Violence

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Sexual Violence

Unread post by Common Sense » January 24th, 2005, 9:23 am

Of high school students, 12% of girls and 39% of boys indicate that it is acceptable for a boy to force sex on a girl if he spends a lot of money on her. If he is stoned or drunk, the numbers go to 18% for girls, stay at 39% for boys.

Sexual assault (rape, oral copulation, molestation, fondeling, etc.) is serious business in the U.S. Perpetrators are having the "book" thrown at them in County Courts all over America. Once convicted, the criminal is now labeled a sex offender for life and will have to register as such with their local police department. In California..sex offenders are placed on a easy to access list over the internet http://meganslaw.ca.gov/search.asp with picture, address, and the nature of the crime.

Learn from the characters you see on this link. Don't be the next sex offender in your neighborhood. Remember, regardless of what you may think...not all want to (sleep) with you.

hkswb357
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Sexual Violence

Unread post by hkswb357 » January 25th, 2005, 5:26 am

Kind of crazy...I clicked on the link and was looking around that site. I found 4 sex offenders who lived within 3 miles of my house. One of them is literally living about 600 feet behind my house. Crazy stuff.

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 1111§ » January 25th, 2005, 6:48 am

Common Sense wrote:Of high school students, 12% of girls and 39% of boys indicate that it is acceptable for a boy to force sex on a girl if he spends a lot of money on her. If he is stoned or drunk, the numbers go to 18% for girls, stay at 39% for boys.

Sexual assault (rape, oral copulation, molestation, fondeling, etc.) is serious business in the U.S. Perpetrators are having the "book" thrown at them in County Courts all over America. Once convicted, the criminal is now labeled a sex offender for life and will have to register as such with their local police department. In California..sex offenders are placed on a easy to access list over the internet http://meganslaw.ca.gov/search.asp with picture, address, and the nature of the crime.

Learn from the characters you see on this link. Don't be the next sex offender in your neighborhood. Remember, regardless of what you may think...not all want to (sleep) with you.
Those kids have to be outta their minds.Rape is one of the most disgusting crimes.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 25th, 2005, 10:43 am

hkswb357 wrote:Kind of crazy...I clicked on the link and was looking around that site. I found 4 sex offenders who lived within 3 miles of my house. One of them is literally living about 600 feet behind my house. Crazy stuff.
Only 3 in your neighborhood. You're doing great. I found one across the street from me. I know the guy. Well he's in prison for drugs anyway.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 25th, 2005, 10:48 am

thrak wrote:Rape is one of the most disgusting crimes.
Yea I know. I was watching The Oprah Show last night and they were talking about all the sexual violence going on in Congo Africa "Right Now".

Rebels coming from the forest busting down doors, raping all women in the house, including children. The make their husbands and son's watch or sometimes kill them.

The report, which is based on numerous interviews with victims, witnesses, and officials, details crimes of sexual violence committed by soldiers of the Rwandan army and its Congolese ally.

These combatants raped women and girls during military operations to punish the local civilian population for allegedly supporting the “enemy.” In other cases, Mai Mai rebels and other armed groups abducted women and girls and forced them to provide sexual services and domestic labor, sometimes for periods of more than a year.

Some rapists attacked their victims with extraordinary brutality. In two cases, assailants inserted firearms into the vaginas of their victims and shot them. In other cases combatants mutilated the sexual organs of the women with knives or razor blades. Some attacked girls as young as five years of age and women as old as eighty.

Assailants often attacked women and girls engaged in the usual activities necessary to the livelihoods of their families: cultivating their fields, collecting firewood, or going to market. By doing so, the assailants further disrupted the already precarious economic life of the region.

Medical services in eastern Congo have nearly totally collapsed, leaving most victims of rape and other sexual torture with little hope for treatment of injuries or of sexually transmitted diseases, including testing and post-exposure treatment for HIV/AIDS. Some experts estimate that HIV prevalence among military forces in the region may be higher than 50 percent. Rape in these circumstances can be a death sentence.

The report also documents the rejection of some women and girls by their husbands, families, and wider communities because they were raped or because they are thought to be infected with HIV/AIDS. As one such ostracized woman told Human Rights Watch researchers, “My body has become sad. I have no happiness.”

A million people has been killed around that Rwanda area, an the world has done nothing.

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 1111§ » January 25th, 2005, 11:00 am

Common Sense wrote:
thrak wrote:Rape is one of the most disgusting crimes.
Yea I know. I was watching The Oprah Show last night and they were talking about all the sexual violence going on in Congo Africa "Right Now".

Rebels coming from the forest busting down doors, raping all women in the house, including children. The make their husbands and son's watch or sometimes kill them.

The report, which is based on numerous interviews with victims, witnesses, and officials, details crimes of sexual violence committed by soldiers of the Rwandan army and its Congolese ally.

These combatants raped women and girls during military operations to punish the local civilian population for allegedly supporting the “enemy.” In other cases, Mai Mai rebels and other armed groups abducted women and girls and forced them to provide sexual services and domestic labor, sometimes for periods of more than a year.

Some rapists attacked their victims with extraordinary brutality. In two cases, assailants inserted firearms into the vaginas of their victims and shot them. In other cases combatants mutilated the sexual organs of the women with knives or razor blades. Some attacked girls as young as five years of age and women as old as eighty.

Assailants often attacked women and girls engaged in the usual activities necessary to the livelihoods of their families: cultivating their fields, collecting firewood, or going to market. By doing so, the assailants further disrupted the already precarious economic life of the region.

Medical services in eastern Congo have nearly totally collapsed, leaving most victims of rape and other sexual torture with little hope for treatment of injuries or of sexually transmitted diseases, including testing and post-exposure treatment for HIV/AIDS. Some experts estimate that HIV prevalence among military forces in the region may be higher than 50 percent. Rape in these circumstances can be a death sentence.

The report also documents the rejection of some women and girls by their husbands, families, and wider communities because they were raped or because they are thought to be infected with HIV/AIDS. As one such ostracized woman told Human Rights Watch researchers, “My body has become sad. I have no happiness.”

A million people has been killed around that Rwanda area, an the world has done nothing.
It mind sound very brutal as well, but I personally think those people that commit those devilish acts be castrated ....I hate rapists with a passion...

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » January 25th, 2005, 5:19 pm

The Women of Ciudad Juarez
(article by amenesty International)

It is now almost 11 years since the brutal cycle of abductions and murders of young women began in Ciudad Juárez in northern Mexico.

Over the last year there has been intense national and international pressure to stop violent crimes against women and to end the impunity with which many such crimes have been committed.

In 2003, the Federal Government(1) finally began to implement a programme of measures to prevent and prosecute acts of violence against women in Ciudad Juárez.

Despite the positive steps that have been taken, Amnesty International has serious concerns on a number of key issues. Of particular concern is the failure to fully incorporate cases from the city of Chihuahua into the programme of measures; the absence of any judicial review of abuses, such as torture, resulting in apparent miscarriages of justice and impunity; insufficient action to integrate gender perspective into every element of preventive and investigative measures to combat violence against women; and the failure to halt smear campaigns and harassment of the victims' relatives and organizations working on their behalf.

In this report Amnesty International considers developments over the last year in the struggle to end violence against women in Ciudad Juárez and the city of Chihuahua and makes a number of recommendations to the authorities on issues that remain unresolved and need urgent attention.

Intolerable Killings

In August 2003, Amnesty International published a report focusing on the 10-year cycle of abductions and murders of girls and women in the cities of Ciudad Juárez and Chihuahua in northern Mexico: "Intolerable Killings: 10 Years of abductions and murders of women in Ciudad Juárez and Chihuahua"(2). The report documented more than 370 cases of women murdered in Ciudad Juárez and the Chihuahua City. Of those cases, AI research indicated that at least 137 of the victims suffered some form of sexual violence and at least 70 of the total number of women murdered remained unidentified. At least 70 other women or girls also remained unaccounted for after having been officially reported missing.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 25th, 2005, 5:48 pm

You know it is so true that something needs to be done to protect third world women. I don't believe the feminist position is the correct one either. Shame on them. I support protecting and vote and appeal to everyone to protect all women of the world. They are our wives, sisters, mothers, and partners in all things. Respect begets respect. Peace.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » January 26th, 2005, 10:20 am

This is a dark and hard reality in our beautiful, suffering world. I understand what Common Sense was taking about. I know people from Rwanda, who came to London as refugees. I listened to their stories and they are like you said - one boy I know had to witness 'Interhamawe' militia in Rwanda during the genocide in 1994, rape his mother and sisters (he was sixteen at the time). After raping them in front of him, the militia murdered the women with machetes, cut them open, cooked their entrails with tomatoes and onions and forced the children to eat them. Hell on earth. The blood beast drinking the blood of the poorest on earth, through sexual violence and murder. Hell, how does humanity rid itself of that kind of infection man! When I heard that, I had never heard anything so evil and terrible. These things happen. Must be about power I guess, but what a species Homo Sapians is eh, capable of the best of acts and the worst of acts. Er, peace.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 21st, 2005, 12:01 pm

Ciudad Juarez aka:Juaritoz, State of "Chihuahua", Mexico.
Victims up to '98, but the number is far above 400 nowadays, and it keeps rising.

Even though Addel Latif Sharif (The Egyptian)
Los Rebeldes (Street Gang)
Los ruteros/Ruleteros (Transportation Drivers)
in custody already, but others like v v v v

Alejandro Maynez (dance hall/discoteque owner)
and the unNamed State Goverment Family, and
suspected Police Officials & Officers "still free".

Number of victims per year v v v v
1993: 7
1994: 11
1995: 17
1996: 26
1997: 22
1998: 35
Total: 118

Víctims identified: 95

Víctims not identified: 23

Age group v v v v
From 8 to 12: 5
From 13 to 17: 31
From 18 to 21: 19
FRom 22 up to: 40

Place from which victim disappeared v v v v
(Only for those of which there’s a file)

En-route to work: 7
Went out to seek employment: 5
From outside their homes: 4
Downtown: 8
Out and about in their neighborhood: 11
From within their residence: 7
On somebody else’s residence: 4

Place of discovery v v v v
Neighborhood lots: 23
Next to a highway: 4
Motels: 5
Outside of the city limits: 5
Desert: 81

Cause of death v v v v
Strangulation: 39
Firearm: 19
Knife type weapon: 25
Other: 19
Unknown: 16

Occupation v v v v
(Only of identified victims)

Factory employee: 15
Housewife: 24
Prostitution: 7
Student: 16
Housekeeper/maid: 2
Unidentified: 31

PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PlayaLarga » February 21st, 2005, 12:17 pm

SHIT, I found about 40 sex offending jackasses within my neighborhood. half of them are centered around apartment complexes.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 21st, 2005, 12:26 pm

If you're caught at the park in your ranfla having a quickie with your ruca, and them "have nothing better to do pigs" decide to book you on it - you're labeled as a sex offender.

I wish that our laws be made by "Common Sense" citizens who can defferentiate between someone who just couldn't hold it in 'til they got a room, and those that are real "offenders such as child molestors & rapists".

PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PlayaLarga » February 22nd, 2005, 4:58 pm

lonewolf wrote:If you're caught at the park in your ranfla having a quickie with your ruca, and them "have nothing better to do pigs" decide to book you on it - you're labeled as a sex offender.

I wish that our laws be made by "Common Sense" citizens who can defferentiate between someone who just couldn't hold it in 'til they got a room, and those that are real "offenders such as child molestors & rapists".
ain't that the truth. hura once threatened to arrest me for mackinit with my lady in my car. the law ain't all that perfect and it is good that you brought that up homie.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 22nd, 2005, 6:34 pm

PlayaLarga wrote:
lonewolf wrote:If you're caught at the park in your ranfla having a quickie with your ruca, and them "have nothing better to do pigs" decide to book you on it - you're labeled as a sex offender.

ain't that the truth. hura once threatened to arrest me for mackinit with my lady in my car. the law ain't all that perfect and it is good that you brought that up homie.
Same sh*t almost happened to me too, at the docks by this Female Port Warden Officer, who ended up cutting us some slack.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 23rd, 2005, 9:52 pm

Fu-ck raping somebody. that shit is krazy. why would anybody do that. u might as well hire a hooker then rape somebody.

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Anesis » February 23rd, 2005, 9:58 pm

Rape isn't about sex. It's about violence and control.

Prostitutes can be raped. Married women can be raped. Drunk women can be raped.

And even though I say women, it can happen to anyone, regardless of sex.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » May 4th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Anesis wrote:And even though I say women, it can happen to anyone, regardless of sex.
It happens to men in prison.