Asian gang motives

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
Drunkenboi

Asian gang motives

Unread post by Drunkenboi » December 11th, 2005, 4:11 pm

I am a Korean from LA and although I am not a gang member nor affaliate with any at this time, I have always wondered what is the meaning the be a gang member? Is it to have a family? Are these kids in such bad living conditions that they turn to gangs? Why have enemies? what is there to represent?

I'm not even flamming on gangs at all, just curious as to why people turn to gangs and why they do what they do.

3Harmonies
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Yessah

Unread post by 3Harmonies » December 19th, 2005, 2:43 pm

It's mostly about financial or social gains. If you live in an infected area. Then it's about backup/protection and all of the above.

choisauce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by choisauce » January 9th, 2006, 4:16 am

You're not a gang member or affiliate "at this time??"

To answer your question, it's different for everybody. Some fools join because they get no love from home... some are tired of getting jumped by the eses after school... some are born troublemakers... some score 1600 on the SAT but are tired of parents pressuring them... some fools just want to be cool. Some are poor, some are rich... In the end, people join gangs for the same reasons they need a family -- belongingness, protection, attention... unless you're from KM and they forced you into it haha.

Korean youngsters turn to gangs for the same reasons they turn to church. Because we don't know ourselves. Know what I mean? Can't really speak on other Asians, cuz every race got a different story...

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Re: Asian gang motives

Unread post by MCD » May 4th, 2010, 9:56 pm

like i said before: MONEY, POWER, RESPECT.

asianguy2000
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: Nac

Unread post by asianguy2000 » May 5th, 2010, 8:36 pm

idk but i grew up in a poor neighborhood with gangs, i would always see my brother hangout with abz and thought as a kid he was in abz, im glad i didnt take the same route my other friends did and joined up with abz

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » May 9th, 2010, 10:17 pm

asianguy2000 wrote:idk but i grew up in a poor neighborhood with gangs, i would always see my brother hangout with abz and thought as a kid he was in abz, im glad i didnt take the same route my other friends did and joined up with abz
yeah you think its cool to bang with the homeboyz then you realize what life has to offer if you fly straight. you can know certain gangsters n kick it with em without havin to jump in and still live a straight life, least i've been cool with some. livin in the hood is no excuse for joining a gang

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: nowhere

Unread post by caliboi » May 10th, 2010, 7:07 pm

man the 90's wuz fuckin crazy bak then in so cal with asian gangs cuz bak in so cal where i live in the oc viets and koreans went at it and like in the sfv the khmers n viets had sum heat with flips and koreans and in sgv chinese and viets alwayz went at it which wuz crazy as hell and in the lbc asians blacks and samoans went up against the mexican gangs surenos mainly the longos cuz of sum racial shit man it wuz crazy bak then and now idk it sucks. i miss the battles cuz i used to c sum of it with frnds all the time and vn abz wuz on top of the map man ive seen sum incidents of fights with them against otha groups and man most of the cliccs didnt do shit damn dey crazy good times good times.....

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » May 10th, 2010, 9:09 pm

caliboi wrote:man the 90's wuz fuckin crazy bak then in so cal with asian gangs because bak in so cal where i live in the oc viets and koreans went at it and like in the sfv the khmers n viets had sum heat with flips and koreans and in sgv chinese and viets alwayz went at it which wuz crazy as hell and in the lbc asians blacks and samoans went up against the mexican gangs surenos mainly the longos because of sum racial shit man it wuz crazy bak then and now idk it sucks. i miss the battles because i used to c sum of it with frnds all the time and vn abz wuz on top of the map man ive seen sum incidents of fights with them against otha groups and man most of the cliccs didnt do shit damn dey crazy good times good times.....
thats what i said about LA in another topic, LA seems crazy as hell.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 18th, 2010, 2:21 pm

caliboi wrote:man the 90's wuz fuckin crazy bak then in so cal with asian gangs because bak in so cal where i live in the oc viets and koreans went at it and like in the sfv the khmers n viets had sum heat with flips and koreans and in sgv chinese and viets alwayz went at it which wuz crazy as hell and in the lbc asians blacks and samoans went up against the mexican gangs surenos mainly the longos because of sum racial shit man it wuz crazy bak then and now idk it sucks. i miss the battles because i used to c sum of it with frnds all the time and vn abz wuz on top of the map man ive seen sum incidents of fights with them against otha groups and man most of the cliccs didnt do shit damn dey crazy good times good times.....

Damn, you must be young man because I speak from experience as someone who came up in those days, and in 2 of those wars you listed, no one around and involved "misses" those days. I lost so many homies I stopped getting tthem inked because we'd been desensitized to death, at one point it may have felt like a "kill or be killed" thing, then it was just a tit for tat this for that, eye for an eye, then everyone went blind and from the violence.
Dumb d-dumb dumb dumb.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » May 19th, 2010, 12:12 am

^I agree Bullet, I miss the 90's but I don't miss the gangbanging. A lot of ppl went through a lot of bs in those days. Not fun having to watch your back and having to be ready for war everywhere you go. People dont realize how much stress and presure that is on a kid growing up. A lot of kids gangbanging go through more drama and trauma than your average adult will in their entire life. I lost one friend and honestly that was enough for me. Theres a few ppl I kno who had their lives change for the worse in other ways. I miss the 90's for those good old group of homies that moved on.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » May 21st, 2010, 4:54 pm

i agree 90s those were tiempos locos

dell
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dell » August 23rd, 2010, 3:43 pm

??tampien ?

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caliboi » August 23rd, 2010, 5:21 pm

well asian gangs roll more secretive than most other race of gangs.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 23rd, 2010, 6:42 pm

dell wrote:??tampien ?
Tiempos Locos=Crazy Times.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caliboi » August 23rd, 2010, 6:49 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:
so wuchu think of the asian gang motives dey tend to b secretive

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by shing » August 23rd, 2010, 8:02 pm

caliboi wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:
so wuchu think of the asian gang motives dey tend to b secretive

did you know you spell everything incorrectly? is that on purpose or are you just a dumbass? or maybe just a cop trying to pretend to be an ignorant youngster.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » August 23rd, 2010, 11:57 pm

^Glad I'm not the only one noticing this.

dell
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dell » August 24th, 2010, 1:11 am

cops come on here ?

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caliboi » August 24th, 2010, 5:09 am

psh i aint no cop i hate cops fuck the police y do u think i luv talkin bout gangs cuz of the rivalries n shit i luv watchn the action

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by shing » August 24th, 2010, 9:27 am

caliboi wrote:psh i aint no cop i hate cops fu-- the police y do u think i luv talkin bout gangs because of the rivalries n shit i luv watchn the action
do you cruise the streets looking for gang shootouts? i have an idea. there's a guy on this forum named FINITO. you should send him a PM and ask him to take you around. he's a pretty hardcore gangster and can really show you the mean streets of Torrance. you guys would get along just perfectly.