The origins of Black/Latino Gang Warfare In LA

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

The origins of Black/Latino Gang Warfare In LA

Unread post by mayugastank » December 16th, 2009, 3:21 pm

So I hear there was yet another racial fight at Jefferson High School in LA recently. I always find it surprising how very few people know about the significant amount of racial tension that exists in LA. I guess after having lived there most of my life and knowing that everybody around me is aware of it, you just assume other people know as well. So, since I am finding out that very few people know what is going on, I thought I’d blog about it and give the readers of my blog a leg up on the status of LA. However, given that I am Mexican/American, I will primarily give the Mexican perspective on things, since that is primarily the side that I was most privy too.

First, some background. Gangs in Los Angeles (and by Los Angeles, I mean pretty much all of the LA area, like Compton, Watts, Harbor Area and valley) are ’segregated’ along racial lines: the Crips and the Bloods (and there’s also Piru, but they are considered bloods by most standards) are overall Black gangs, and the ‘13′ are overall Latino (predominantly Mexican) gangs; all Latino gangs in Los Angeles are 13s, whether or not they get along. It basically refers to “Sur 13″, meaning the ’south’ of California, so all Latino gangs, south of say, Bakersfield, are considered 13s. Latino gangs in the broader California are further broken up between the 14s that control most of northern California and the 13s that control all of southern California. This split between the Latinos started a long, long time ago in prison, and since every Latino gangster in Los Angeles (except for one Latino gang, but they are by far the exception) belongs to the 13s, the 13s vs. 14s fights are usually handled in the prisons, when Latinos are mixed from the northern and southern parts of the state together.

Before the mid-90s, there was the occasional Black person that belonged to a Latino gang and there was the occasional Latino that belonged to a Black gang. Some gangs, or so I’ve heard, even started out united as Black and Latino. Now, don’t jump to the conclusion that I am saying that racial tension did not exist between Blacks and Latinos before the mid-90s, there was definitely racial tension, and a significant amount at that. It’s just that it escalated after the early 90s.

Up until the mid 90s, gangs tended to kill ‘their own,’ meaning that Latino gangs fought amongst themselves and the same went for Black gangs. Yes, there was the occasional fighting that crossed racial lines, but that was more the exception than the rule. Black gangs were the same way, they were composed of Crips and Bloods/Pirus, blue and red, and tended to primarily fight each other. All Bloods and Pirus tend to get along with each other and unite to fight the Crips. Crips, on the other hand, fight against Bloods, Pirus and other Crips. So, even though there was a lot of fighting between Black gangs, they all tended to kill each other and there was limited fighting with Latino gangs.

In areas where the two groups are highly represented, such as South Central LA, Compton and Watts, the territory claimed by the two groups of gangs greatly overlapped, with each identifying almost the same particular area as their own, and both respecting each other. In several areas, the Latino and Black gangs intermingled a lot, with several Black and Mexicans speaking with the same accent and doing several of the same activities together (cock fighting, pit bull fighting, etc). Everybody just understood that each territory was their own with respect to their specific race. It was a weird system, but overall it worked and allowed the two races, usually neighbors to each other, to live together.

Also, prisons in California are extremely racial. In other words, all Latino gangsters hang out together, even if they were rival gangsters in the streets, and all Black gangsters hang out together, even if they too were rival gangsters in the streets. The Latino group is referred to as “La Eme,” also known as the Mexican Mafia and ‘Sur 13′, and is composed of Latino gangsters from the streets, this is where the 13 comes from. To elaborate further, all Latino gangs in California are composed of two parts. The first, and some would say primary, is the fact that they are all 13s (the ones in southern California at least, the ones up north would be 14s), the second is their unique gang. So say you had Latino gang A and Latino gang B fighting each other on the streets, absolutely hating each other. When the members of these gangs go to prison, they are no longer gang A and gang B, they all become what they have in common, the 13 part of their gang. Their enemy now is not other rival gangsters, but other races. So say, for example, that you were Mexican and had a really close Black friend growing up, if you two were to meet in prison, you could not eat together, work out together, or associate with one another at all. Why? Because of your races, it’s that simple.

However, in the early to mid 90s, La Eme started dictating orders from the inside. They would send representatives to hold meetings with the heads of the Latino gangs and order them to stop killing ‘their own’ and direct their anger to those of other races, namely Black people. Those who violated these rules and were sent to prison would be killed. And since La Eme controls the Latino side of the prisons, and all Latino gangsters that enter prison would by default become part of their ranks, thereby needing their protection and association, this was a threat taken very seriously.

Many people thought (myself included) that it would never work. How could two gangs that had hated each other for generations, that had spilled so much blood, all of the sudden act as if nothing has happened, simply because of racial ‘unity’ and ‘fear’. Sure, they’ve been doing it in prison, but in prison everything is more compact, more orderly, but not so on the streets. More importantly, some thought, how could Black and Latino gangs that had grown up together in overall peace now all of the sudden become arch enemies, just out of a call for unity and threats from Latinos in prison? At the time, I thought it extremely unlikely to take effect.

Well, with time, I realized that I was wrong. Soon after, the Latino gangs that for the past generations had been rivals, started communicating and socializing. It was an odd thing to see. On the other hand, racial tension between Blacks and Latinos started to mount. First, you would hear of a Latino gang that had already been fighting with a Black gang make the fight more racial, escalating the anger between the two. Then you would hear a different Latino gang start a new fight with a Crip or Blood gang, and other gangs do the same. The ones who bore most of the brunt of this change were those few Blacks that were in Latino gangs, and those few Latinos in Black gangs. If they entered prison, they would be killed for sure. For example, I knew a Black guy from a Latino gang that told me that when he entered prison, he would say that he was Puerto Rican, because the Blacks wouldn’t take him, and without the Latinos to back him up, he would be defenseless.

Killings between the two races escalated so much that there was a point where just being Mexican, or just being Black, was reason enough to get killed by the other group.

In Compton, my hometown, Black vs. Latino type atmosphere created several killings between the two, where as the two had lived overall somewhat peacefully before - did drive by’s together, overall lived in the same neighborhoods with a live and let live philosophy - Blacks in Crips and Bloods, Mexicans in 13 gangs, the escalation afterwards was huge. I’m not saying that all Latino gangs started to fight all Black gangs. There were certain areas where the friendships remained, but it is undeniable that what La Eme did escalated the racial tensions to very high levels.

Some areas, especially the Latino areas that have fewer Black people, have prided themselves of riding as many Blacks as possible. It’s almost an unspoken test of what Latino gang is tougher, the one that rids more Blacks being the tougher gang. Also, after a few couple years, Latino gangs started to fight each other again, with La Eme unable to control the hatred they always had towards one another, but the racial tensions between Blacks and Latinos remained, never returning to the previous levels. In addition to this, this racial tension has spread into general areas of life and is not restricted to gangsters. If you were to go to Jefferson High school, for example, and witness the fighting, you would definitely see Latino/Black gangsters being the primary fighters, but you would also see a significant number of non-gangster Latino/Black people fighting. It has become an overall strong dislike between the two at the fundamental level.

Moreover, everything I have said here is all pretty much common knowledge in LA, you don’t have to be a gangster, or in many cases, even a teenager to know this. From the kids in middle school to the adults, everybody knows a good portion of what I have said here.

With that said, I don’t want to give the impression that all Latinos or all Blacks in LA dislike each other. Certainly there are many many Latinos/Blacks that are perfectly fine with one another. In fact, things are actually better now than they were in the mid to late 90s, but I would attribute most of that improvement connected with the overall fall in gang activity. Nor do I want to give the impression that all Black gangs hate all Latino gangs, or that all gangsters are like this. This is just to give a general overview of the way gangs are, and how this has affected the culture at large.

Before I end, I want to give a few words on what I am always asked after I explain the LA situation, how do you go about solving the problem? I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know. There are too many historical and cultural factors at play here for any one solution to solve the problem. I could give you a stronger list of things that I believe make the problem worse, than a list that will make the problem better. And, as one of the things on the list that makes the problem worse, I would put the media’s inability to classify the situation as it is. This was not a fight between ’some students and other students’, or between ‘one gang and another,’ this was a race riot, pure and simple. It is proof of the larger race-related problem that LA has, both historically and culturally, and to deny the obvious and hide it under the rug as if it’s not, does nobody any good.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: nowhere

Re: The origins of Black/Latino Gang Warfare In LA

Unread post by caliboi » June 4th, 2010, 10:36 am

all i got to say is if it still goes down the las time i remember the latinos r outnumberin the blacks god damn. dem motherfuckers are putting a green light on anyone dats not hispanic god damn i hate dem motherfuckers. man de only ppl dey actually except are the caucasians cuz dey got the same hate against blacks. u kno wat fuck those racist bastards and the blacks in la will take the hoods back cuz frm wat i kno dey got parts of east la back

Italiano9
What city do you live in now?: NY

Unread post by Italiano9 » June 8th, 2010, 5:37 am

Mexicans are taking over the Black neighborhoods in parts of New York too. Not sure where the blacks are relocating too though.....

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » June 8th, 2010, 7:48 am

good post mayuga, give you your dues, well written and clear explanation of things that are like a,b,c to you but arent understood by people out of cali
just one thing, i understand that although all the well established mexican gangs in socal are '13' gangs, not ALL mexican gangs are '13' gangs, ie you earn your '13'
HOW does a gang earn that '13'? i understand you might not be able to give specifics for obvious reasons, but if you can illuminate this a bit id be grateful

also as an outsider i must admit i find the whole thing pretty tragic, the most marginalised communities fighting against each other like dogs while the man sits back and counts his $, id like to see a movement of the marginalised of all races, i understand the brown berets and the panthers were about it in the 60s-70s, with poor white support it might have been a force for change to be reckoned with
however i also understand with cali racial politics being how they are in particular and american racial politics in general thats about as likely as the pope making the pilgrimage to mecca while throwing condoms in to the crowd

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 13th, 2010, 11:02 am

It wont happen Mexicans are just doing what the Irish, and Italians and other ethnic marginalized whites did decades ago. Blacks despite our media presence are still the most looked down upon group in America, so when foreigners come they step on us to get up, and it's tolerated.

I guess the best way to put it is like we are the untouchables (the low class in India) of America. If someone was to go to India they would already have a foul look at the untouchables as they are dirty, thieves, beggars, poor, have diseases etc. because this is what mainstream Indian society pushes about untouchables. SO if you immigrated to India, you might not hate the untouchables, but you wouldn't want to be associated with them, and if you wanted to get somewhere better in Indian society you would get with the program. That's what happens with black Americans, the only way to combat it in this state would be for blacks to become a totally self-obsessed society that doesn't fuck with other groups except if it was to better the black community, but I doubt that would happen.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 13th, 2010, 11:08 am

cliffard wrote:good post mayuga, give you your dues, well written and clear explanation of things that are like a,b,c to you but arent understood by people out of cali
just one thing, i understand that although all the well established mexican gangs in socal are '13' gangs, not ALL mexican gangs are '13' gangs, ie you earn your '13'
HOW does a gang earn that '13'? i understand you might not be able to give specifics for obvious reasons, but if you can illuminate this a bit id be grateful

also as an outsider i must admit i find the whole thing pretty tragic, the most marginalised communities fighting against each other like dogs while the man sits back and counts his $, id like to see a movement of the marginalised of all races, i understand the brown berets and the panthers were about it in the 60s-70s, with poor white support it might have been a force for change to be reckoned with
however i also understand with cali racial politics being how they are in particular and american racial politics in general thats about as likely as the pope making the pilgrimage to mecca while throwing condoms in to the crowd
that wasn't mayugas post either, mayuga is from ELA living in LB he's not from Compton. And there is more to that shit than just that. the westside of LA that is still majority black doesn't really see that racial craziness (but you see crazy rivalry between blacks, where you have bloods and crips clicking to fight crips, etc.), but everywhere there is more mexicans there is racial BS real talk.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 14th, 2010, 7:21 pm

perongregory wrote:It wont happen Mexicans are just doing what the Irish, and Italians and other ethnic marginalized whites did decades ago. Blacks despite our media presence are still the most looked down upon group in America, so when foreigners come they step on us to get up, and it's tolerated.

I guess the best way to put it is like we are the untouchables (the low class in India) of America. If someone was to go to India they would already have a foul look at the untouchables as they are dirty, thieves, beggars, poor, have diseases etc. because this is what mainstream Indian society pushes about untouchables. SO if you immigrated to India, you might not hate the untouchables, but you wouldn't want to be associated with them, and if you wanted to get somewhere better in Indian society you would get with the program. That's what happens with black Americans, the only way to combat it in this state would be for blacks to become a totally self-obsessed society that doesn't fu-- with other groups except if it was to better the black community, but I doubt that would happen.

BIG DIFFERENCES BETWEEN WHITE ETHNICS AND MEXICANS. Natural assimiliation between chicanos and whites wouldve happened after the first generation of mexican immigrants were born-the statistics show that 35% of all chicanos marry or breed with a white-thats higher then any other minority by far.....the numbers are in the millions-yet its not discussed. IF and BIG IF>>>>>> their was no border next door and if immigration wasnt on the scale it is with some 15 million illegals here-mexicans and whites would be the same race -in under a couple generations-that wouldve happened faster then italians were assimilated. But the constant influx of spanish speaking and illegal immigrants have kept mexican americans really connected to their culture-not allowing for assimilation in those numbers-whats happened instead is that whites have been assimilated into mexican culture in the southwest -since our history here is deep-but other white conclaves resent the numbers of illegals whom they have nothing in common with. These mexicans in the south and midwest arent chicanos-these are illegal got here yesterday types.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 14th, 2010, 7:25 pm

The above post is not my own it is one of the best feels I have read on the situation-without the statistics and murder rates and indictments its the everyday thoughts on race viewed by a chicano living in the heart of the situation. Its a story I know to be personally true and the guy who wrote it did it clearly and well thought out-this is life in LA in many ways.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: nowhere

Unread post by caliboi » June 15th, 2010, 7:17 am

new york, chicago, detroit those places r still black but hispanics are alredy havin south and east la god damn. i dont mind but dey too racial and want erydin to deyselves cuz dey to selffish fucks.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » June 15th, 2010, 2:23 pm

perongregory wrote:It wont happen Mexicans are just doing what the Irish, and Italians and other ethnic marginalized whites did decades ago. Blacks despite our media presence are still the most looked down upon group in America, so when foreigners come they step on us to get up, and it's tolerated.

I guess the best way to put it is like we are the untouchables (the low class in India) of America. If someone was to go to India they would already have a foul look at the untouchables as they are dirty, thieves, beggars, poor, have diseases etc. because this is what mainstream Indian society pushes about untouchables. SO if you immigrated to India, you might not hate the untouchables, but you wouldn't want to be associated with them, and if you wanted to get somewhere better in Indian society you would get with the program. That's what happens with black Americans, the only way to combat it in this state would be for blacks to become a totally self-obsessed society that doesn't fu-- with other groups except if it was to better the black community, but I doubt that would happen.
peron as usual a cracking post
dont you think thats a fucked up situation, that new immigrants to america feel they have to be racist to afro-americans to fit in? and its been going on for centuries, the irish were getting off the boats in the 'gangs of new york' days saying 'focken naggers, deyre takin our(!) jobs'
to be honest besides wasps and native americans afro americans are the originals, there before the irish, germans, italians and jews
when i listen to conservative american political comment, theres absolutely no acceptance of any repercussions of 400 years of discrimination - its like, theres an even playing field now, what are they (blacks) complaining about, even if there is an even playing field now, what about the fact that 30 years ago you ended up in the shittiest schools, unable to get anything except a menial job, ridiculous employment levels, racist police etc etc, this is gonna take a long time to sort out
i think you hit the nail on the head when you talked about economic self determination for the afro american community, cause lets face it, this is a wicked system, but its the only one we got, and your sunk in it if you aint got money, political power is always gonna be at the behest of outside groups who control the purse strings
and i gotta be honest, even if im gonna take flak for this, to me obama is not african american, hes mixed race with a completely different cultural frame of reference, the only thing afro american about obama is michelle...

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » June 16th, 2010, 5:56 pm

perongregory wrote: that wasn't mayugas post either, mayuga is from ELA living in LB he's not from Compton. And there is more to that shit than just that. the westside of LA that is still majority black doesn't really see that racial craziness (but you see crazy rivalry between blacks, where you have bloods and crips clicking to fight crips, etc.), but everywhere there is more mexicans there is racial BS real talk.
LOL this guy and his numbers! You dont understand it takes ALL you mexicans to gang up and be on the same objective to just attack single little alliance black gangs but you guys have yet to stop West LA Black Gangs who still have THRIVING black communities that arent going anywhere! (Inglewood is a Black City No Matter How Many Mexicans Move In, We Own It, Leimert Park Is Also thriving with blacks, aswell as The Jungles, Yeah Sals are moving in but its still a Black Community who is RAN by BLACKS ONLY, The Ladera / Baldwin Hills / Crenshaw District, is a place where black gangs are supreme, West-LA is our last frontline WHICH you guys will never take no matter how hard you tried! Like Pen said, blacks wake up when shit hits the fan, and if Mexicans were internally trying to takeover one of these areas blacks would respond! Hoods where Black Gangs are The Force in There Areas? :

** Also, The Black Gangs Can Still Handle There Blood/Crip Beefs At The Same Time As We've Always Done! **

60s : Could kick out Florencia's anyday, but they rather use them, same goes vice versa on using of eachother! But they wouldnt stand a year I PROMISE!

40s : Very few mexican gangs in arms reach can even handle the Darkside 40s (ALONE). V.46st wouldnt stand a chance, V.STV would be gone in 1-2 years!

30s : Big Power House Black Gang, This gang has proven it can push out and START up its own mexican gang, LOL @ 18st, Not even ATC could handle the 30s in a full scale war! It wouldnt be a quick WAR but the 30s would win! ATC is surrounded by enemies aswell!

20s : Could Push out Harpy's too, especially with the help of other Mexican hoods like Playboys and 18sts that arent in black hoods.

ETG : The Little Florencia Clicks in The Trays would get dismantled, no chance! The E/S Florencia's are too busy already enuff to help same with the 60s behalff)

Rollin 100s : is Dominated by Black Gangs Hands Down!

IFG : All Of The IFGBS ( 77s, 80s, 92s, 94s, CPF : 64, 65. 68 sets) could honestly push out I-13 of course not easily but where Inglewood 13s would lose ground @ is that they beef with most bloods gangs anyway (NHP, QSB), they would also have Lennox and Florencia knocking @ there door but they prolly wont because they'll beeee WAYYYYY to busy with the 60s, so Lennox with its OWN original Chicano Community will still pick off I-13s leaving them at a LOSE LOSE! Dont forget Culver City bored every now and then!

Hoovers : Only set that would have trouble with 18s is the 52 Hoovers because there not connected to the 74 Hoovers, But from the 74s up, 18s really follow behind Hoovers and KNOW there out matched. (Remember by Click Standards, PWWS etc sc clicks in the hoovers!)

90s : Have no Real Established Mexican Gang In There Hood, Case Closed?

BPS : When you think of the jungles you dont think MEXICANS, you know who dominates this area, with a little help pushing out mexicans from SALS lol!

Only very few gangs if any in Watts And Compton could actually push a Mexican Gang Out ALONE! Ill give credit when credits due, EAST LA yall got HANDS down we couldnt scratch EAST LA, In WEST-LA we are on TOP singlely, by ourselves, EACH gang! Like Bounty Hunters etc strong black strongholds on the EastSide!

^^ Oh yeah, recruitment in each gang I named is still @ There Quota's every year! Most average to 30-50 a year in recruitment at the LEAST, with 50 still being the LEAST.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » June 16th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Only directed to the people who dont know about The Strong Black Communities thriving in West-LA, I only quoted Pen because he knows what im talkin about!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 17th, 2010, 1:17 am

I dont know -but ELA is not violent at all-we get our occassional shooting here and there but mostly we are low profile and theyll be times fools go at it but alot of people out here are rivals but also cousins and uncles and shit. After moving to LBC I got a good handle on Mexican gangs outside of ELA and to say the truth they are definetly more ruthless-but also alot less class -they are a gang of immigrants and central americans and they try to hard to be like us chicanos-its disgutsing seeing some long haired baggy jeaned wannabe cholo throwing gang signs-but then again its like the worst of all communities live in places outside of ELA its a freaking dirt pit and not a one person speaks english-how the hell do you people live this way? cambodian bangers wearing flipflops and black gangsters wearing picks in their hair -and mexican bangers not speaking a lick of englich -----what have you people done to what we started?

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » June 17th, 2010, 3:26 am

youngspade wrote:Only directed to the people who dont know about The Strong Black Communities thriving in West-LA, I only quoted Pen because he knows what im talkin about!
spade, for a outtatowner, when you say west la, what you mean is west SC LA? or do you mean the whole of west LA?

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » June 17th, 2010, 11:04 am

cliffard wrote:
youngspade wrote:Only directed to the people who dont know about The Strong Black Communities thriving in West-LA, I only quoted Pen because he knows what im talkin about!
spade, for a outtatowner, when you say west la, what you mean is west SC LA? or do you mean the whole of west LA?

West LA - West SC, South Bay, Far West, Most Gangs Before Fig, Inglewood, etc etc

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 17th, 2010, 11:54 am

It's hard to define the shit, some people call west la mid-city and the beach community gangs, some are talking bout west SC as opposed to historic south central which is now east SC, Then I guess some blacks mean everything west of the 110 and not ELA. Most of the eses I know consider WLA like almost everything that's not in ELA or what's now known as NELA. I consider West LA the mid city to the coast beach communities -which are far west), and westside to me is SLA (like Hawthorne, Inglewood, etc.) west of the 110 even though some say Fig or even Broadway is the dividing line. But it's complicated because this city/county is awkward with 2 valleys, a bay, Long Beach in it, beach communities, then most shit pop in technical West LA (west of the 110, because East LA don't have beaches, Hollywood, racial diversity, etc.

Basically there's a black white and Mexican def. Of west and east LA, then there's a gang distinction too. Long, but yeah.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 17th, 2010, 9:53 pm

I have a hard time understanding the bangers of outside ELA -its like border brother and chicano mixed to where -the whole style gets screwed-I swear -I had never seen such dirty low class people till moving to LBC-its like you take the worst immigrants and blacks in the world and give them guns and call then gangsters. Out in ELA -we dont get down like that and its a community that spreads through a grip of citys-whittier,atwater,montebello,serreno,city terrace-----the cutoff line would have to be bell gardens -whom hold alot of styles of the immigrant gangs like MS and 18, and then in NELA towards Huntington Park where it starts getting more 3rd world and then towards Puente and Bassett where a gang of real chicanos lived-but recently freaking border brothers and gypsys and armenians have been moving into SGV and even my hometown and dirtying this place up---I really hate these motherfuxers I feel like eventually most chicanos will have to push on these dirt roaches ass paisa nasty ass fools.I dont like the term chicano being thrown around to everyone-I believe you cant be a chicano unless your parents were also chicano-all thsi talk on immigration and making me feel guilty like I am a sellout for not wanting a million gypsys and cowboy boot wearing and dickie wearing armenians crowding me the hell out my own home. I mean seriously why the FUX do I have to move out because not a lick of english is spoken and I cant even pump gas cause the soamlian doesnt know what the hell I am saying -fuck all that unity shit Perongregory and other blacks believe taht all mexicans are the same BS.....why dont brothers unite with somalias? ethopians-its the same for me when I get a salvadorean coming here wearing chicano clothes and getting tatted like my people then trying to war and claim they started it

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 17th, 2010, 10:11 pm

you are the same, and all blacks are the same too. It's just American foolishness has corrupted the African AMerican, and the CHicano making him feel better than his brother form the motherland...that's BS. All colonial, imperialist foolishness.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » June 18th, 2010, 1:55 pm

perongregory wrote:you are the same, and all blacks are the same too. It's just American foolishness has corrupted the African AMerican, and the CHicano making him feel better than his brother form the motherland...that's BS. All colonial, imperialist foolishness.
The snobbery by Chicanos against Paisas is just the classic native-vs.-immigrant tension, like you see in most ethnic groups.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 18th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Silencioso wrote:
perongregory wrote:you are the same, and all blacks are the same too. It's just American foolishness has corrupted the African AMerican, and the CHicano making him feel better than his brother form the motherland...that's BS. All colonial, imperialist foolishness.
The snobbery by Chicanos against Paisas is just the classic native-vs.-immigrant tension, like you see in most ethnic groups.
Snobbery? Look at them -they wear cowboy boots -pay women for sex -live 10 to an apartment -try to dress white-and then they actually try to start a problem with chicanos who would hand their hats to them. Paisas even took the style of ELA and sent it to Mexico-which didnt have the styles of ELA. A vast majority of the drug war in Mexico is directly connected to chicano syndicates like the EL PASO TIP and TEXAS SYNDICATE and TCB and other Texas clicks who are at the very top of the deal. If it wasnt for the invention of chicano gangs in ELA their would be only Mexican Immigrants to represent us to the world and the reason the immigration issue has become a problem is because of the representation they have made of us in places their are no chicanos like Kansas and Oklahoma whom have seen a ton of paisas move in and whom have adopted to harass stalk and in some cases rape the local populace. Believe that -they need to get the phug out before chicanos and paisas are both labeled one and the same and we are both sent back to Mexico. Of which discussions are now happening on -natural birth citizens -who are at this moment chicanos and other children of immigrants and these discussions are being had and people are speaking on whether or not a child born to American Citizen is actually an American. Thats how bad their behaviour has gotten,that even we chicanos are embarrassed for them.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 18th, 2010, 3:44 pm

That's some pocho ass shit mayuga. I can't believe you would say something like that.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » June 18th, 2010, 4:12 pm

mayugastank wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
Snobbery? Look at them -they wear cowboy boots -pay women for sex -live 10 to an apartment -try to dress white-and then they actually try to start a problem with chicanos who would hand their hats to them. Paisas even took the style of ELA and sent it to Mexico-which didnt have the styles of ELA. A vast majority of the drug war in Mexico is directly connected to chicano syndicates like the EL PASO TIP and TEXAS SYNDICATE and TCB and other Texas clicks who are at the very top of the deal. If it wasnt for the invention of chicano gangs in ELA their would be only Mexican Immigrants to represent us to the world and the reason the immigration issue has become a problem is because of the representation they have made of us in places their are no chicanos like Kansas and Oklahoma whom have seen a ton of paisas move in and whom have adopted to harass stalk and in some cases rape the local populace. Believe that -they need to get the phug out before chicanos and paisas are both labeled one and the same and we are both sent back to Mexico. Of which discussions are now happening on -natural birth citizens -who are at this moment chicanos and other children of immigrants and these discussions are being had and people are speaking on whether or not a child born to American Citizen is actually an American. Thats how bad their behaviour has gotten,that even we chicanos are embarrassed for them.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllll

mnjmc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mnjmc » June 18th, 2010, 7:01 pm

mayugastank wrote:Snobbery? Look at them -they wear cowboy boots -pay women for sex -live 10 to an apartment -try to dress white-and then they actually try to start a problem with chicanos who would hand their hats to them. Paisas even took the style of ELA and sent it to Mexico-which didnt have the styles of ELA. A vast majority of the drug war in Mexico is directly connected to chicano syndicates like the EL PASO TIP and TEXAS SYNDICATE and TCB and other Texas clicks who are at the very top of the deal. If it wasnt for the invention of chicano gangs in ELA their would be only Mexican Immigrants to represent us to the world and the reason the immigration issue has become a problem is because of the representation they have made of us in places their are no chicanos like Kansas and Oklahoma whom have seen a ton of paisas move in and whom have adopted to harass stalk and in some cases rape the local populace. Believe that -they need to get the phug out before chicanos and paisas are both labeled one and the same and we are both sent back to Mexico. Of which discussions are now happening on -natural birth citizens -who are at this moment chicanos and other children of immigrants and these discussions are being had and people are speaking on whether or not a child born to American Citizen is actually an American. Thats how bad their behaviour has gotten,that even we chicanos are embarrassed for them.
Why do Chicanos do this little double think. You are around here hyping up a CRIMINAL organization like EME, then turn around and say Mexicans are giving chicanos a bad name. Last time I went at with some other fool from east LA the guy claimed to be from Maravilla, but then turn around and say like we are making them look. And supposedly him he was actively gangbanging. Sometimes I scratch my head in amazement on how stupid you two sound. Mayu you are all over this board putting EME's nuts in your mouth, and EME is responsible for some very horrendous murders, murders that should embarrass any group of people. Yet you somehow want to believe EME's actions don't make chicanos look bad, just because you say they have set of rules, which they always brake.

I mean I know I'm wasting my time in writing to you, every time someone has you cold in a debate you just deny and repeat the same thing you just said, like people are dumb enough to fall for that trick. Like when Perongregory posted those pictures of those guys that had in your mind "chicano tattoos", only the guys in those pictures got there tattoos before the word Chicano even existed. What did you do, say "SIR post your sorces" LOL, like you ever in the entire time you posted here gave sources for the your baseless claims. You just deny and repeat. Or when you keep insisting that gangmember are top dogs in the Mexican drug scene, yet when I tell you to name some of them you can't. You just kept bringing up people connected to popeye Barron, even though Barron was a paisa himself, boy was born in Mexico. But you just keep on, deny and repeat.

I read your post because it's funny to me how much in denial you are.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 18th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Listen you cockroach -your the one in denial. I have as much reason to claim paisas are my people as African Americans should have to claim -ethopians and somali immigrants as theirs-you have given nothing to the street cred of my people-and you deny that gangs in east los are in excess of 100 years old.Where were you border brothers when we took to the streets and gave us a reputation and even a style unique to our own? OH YEA -you were busy being embarrassed that we would dare stick up for ourselves* and that we were creating a ruckus. If it was up to paisas youd just continue to suck white ...well you know! and then you take embarrassment on the styles of ELA that have influenced the world-but in a hot minute you leave MExico to hop across and live here- yet at the same time calling chicanos whom have been here over a century -sellouts. What would America think of latinos if we had you fools to represent us? How fucking backwards -youve created a world of problems for us native chicanos. My father and grandfather were born right here in ELA. Yours were on their knees climbing fences to try to be something-you arent my people -your a fawking joke-Mexican Pride while selling orchata and paletas/ and EVERYONE thinks all of us are you! The immigration debate is a debate for your reckless careless acts-your debase way of sending all your men here and keeping your women in Mexico -making for a huge population of male immigrants with hormones enough to date a 13 year old and not be embarrassed by it-and another thing what do I need of you? what do you need of me ? absolutely everything -consider the amount of border hoping douche bags in gangs like 18 and MS .....taking the flavor of what chicanos created in ELA and PASO and fawking it up -because you know that whatever the phug and whatever the hell you try to be you look ridiclous! Wearing Abercrombie while standing on some addida shellshocks and wearing dress slacks with nike cortez ---what the hell you are nothing like anyone I know and no one in ELA -you freaking WABS didnt start showing up in ELA till the mid 1990s, why didnt you stay in those TJ slums were all recent immigrants and ghetto brothers live -no as soon as you wanksters interact with chicaos you forget everything about what you talking about! Just like the poor messed up ethopians and somalis who wear fubu, thats the same way you gays look.

deftonero
What city do you live in now?: ESSJ

Unread post by deftonero » June 18th, 2010, 9:55 pm

u cant be serious...

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 18th, 2010, 10:00 pm

perongregory wrote:That's some pocho ass shit mayuga. I can't believe you would say something like that.

well considering I am a chicano what else would I say-and also i spoke the truth. It stung and it was embarrassing for all concerned but if I said it out loud -it needed to be said. African Americans either feel the same way for ethopians and soamlias and haitians -coming here looking down on them for having thuggery and not acknowledging the struggle Americans of minority descent have been thru -looking down on them while at the same time dressing like them. Africans from Africa hate African Americans -yet they benefit for George Jackson, the black power movement, the deaths and beatings that African Americans went thru.If you want to claim and acknowledge all those weak ass pastors and preachers whom spoke on NON VIOLENCE and commenced to feel embarrassed for the brothers who actually laid down and died and those who took by force what was denied them-then be that you -cause if not for the panthers and other blacks who decided that theyd had enough -brothers would still be listening to that humble pie while getting beat down. And now must I be ashamed for chicanos because when people say mexican they believe us to be the backwards ass people that come here in the millions -and hate on us who were born here>?Like we got here yesterday.ELA and other parts of LOS have had chicanos for guaps and anything we chicanos have gained was not for immigrant mexicans -because if they had any say they would continue having chicanos sucking white balls-they and you likewise feel that chicanos are embarrassed by our culture yet the opposite is true-we arent the ones trying to wear abercrombie and polo and suck white nutz. We are in your face with the the style of dress and mannerisms and artwork and behaviour-they are the ones believing foolishly that if they lick enough ass and work for the very minuim SOMEDAY theyll be accepted-phug that -the only way to deal with whites is by fighting and standing your ground -or do you erroneously believe that getting their heads split in mississippi is what got African Americans equality?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 18th, 2010, 10:06 pm

deftonero wrote:u cant be serious...

I am kinda serious not all the way.....I like stirrijng shit up and getting a rise. But some things I said were on the money-I dont hate paisas cuz they hate on me-shit chicanos floss-we dress and act the best I wouldnt ever wannabe anything else.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 18th, 2010, 11:15 pm

I don't think chicanos are ashamed oof their culture, never, I just don't think assimilation makes you better than the people in your motherland. But I somewhat understand what you are saying, about the benefiting from chicano struggles but at the same time badmouthing, just like foreign born blacks do to AA.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 19th, 2010, 12:29 am

perongregory wrote:I don't think chicanos are ashamed oof their culture, never, I just don't think assimilation makes you better than the people in your motherland. But I somewhat understand what you are saying,[b][/b] about the benefiting from chicano struggles but at the same time badmouthing, just like foreign born blacks do to AA.

sounds like you understand quite well - these people are a joke just in case you dont understand what they actually say about african americans they label you whiners-crybabys-lazy,embarrassing yet these africans come here dress in your style NOT their style-and then they get to college get a degree and snob their nose at african americans who made it possible for them to even attend that college.Period! Fuck em and Fuck a paisa

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » June 19th, 2010, 12:31 am

mayugastank wrote:
perongregory wrote:I don't think chicanos are ashamed oof their culture, never, I just don't think assimilation makes you better than the people in your motherland. But I somewhat understand what you are saying,[b][/b] about the benefiting from chicano struggles but at the same time badmouthing, just like foreign born blacks do to AA.

sounds like you understand quite well - these people are a joke just in case you dont understand what they actually say about african americans they label you whiners-crybabys-lazy,embarrassing yet these africans come here dress in your style NOT their style-and then they get to college get a degree and snob their nose at african americans who made it possible for them to even attend that college.Period! fu-- em and fu-- a paisa

Hahahahahahahaha, you couldnt go wrong with that, smart move lol.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » June 19th, 2010, 2:07 am

I don't know much about the African vs African American beef but I generally found Africans in the states to have a pretty cool friendly demeanor at least at face value, but it seems sincere.

mnjmc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mnjmc » June 19th, 2010, 6:46 am

mayugastank wrote:Listen you cockroach -your the one in denial. I have as much reason to claim paisas are my people as African Americans should have to claim -ethopians and somali immigrants as theirs-you have given nothing to the street cred of my people-and you deny that gangs in east los are in excess of 100 years old.Where were you border brothers when we took to the streets and gave us a reputation and even a style unique to our own? OH YEA -you were busy being embarrassed that we would dare stick up for ourselves* and that we were creating a ruckus. If it was up to paisas youd just continue to suck white ...well you know! and then you take embarrassment on the styles of ELA that have influenced the world-but in a hot minute you leave MExico to hop across and live here- yet at the same time calling chicanos whom have been here over a century -sellouts. What would America think of latinos if we had you fools to represent us? How #%@&#%@ backwards -youve created a world of problems for us native chicanos. My father and grandfather were born right here in ELA. Yours were on their knees climbing fences to try to be something-you arent my people -your a fawking joke-Mexican Pride while selling orchata and paletas/ and EVERYONE thinks all of us are you! The immigration debate is a debate for your reckless careless acts-your debase way of sending all your men here and keeping your women in Mexico -making for a huge population of male immigrants with hormones enough to date a 13 year old and not be embarrassed by it-and another thing what do I need of you? what do you need of me ? absolutely everything -consider the amount of border hoping douche bags in gangs like 18 and MS .....taking the flavor of what chicanos created in ELA and PASO and fawking it up -because you know that whatever the phug and whatever the hell you try to be you look ridiclous! Wearing Abercrombie while standing on some addida shellshocks and wearing dress slacks with nike cortez ---what the hell you are nothing like anyone I know and no one in ELA -you freaking WABS didnt start showing up in ELA till the mid 1990s, why didnt you stay in those TJ slums were all recent immigrants and ghetto brothers live -no as soon as you wanksters interact with chicaos you forget everything about what you talking about! Just like the poor messed up ethopians and somalis who wear fubu, thats the same way you gays look.
Well first Chicanos did not influence the world, that was the black bangers that did, and that's why you do what ELA fools do, cry like a biitch about it and say no fair. Chicanos wore baggy white workmens clothes, the other thing they are famous for, zoot zuits, they copied of blacks. Chicanos are not the oracle you make them up to be, they did what everyone else have done and that is take what you see and add your twist to it. Just because blacks were the ones that brought LA style to the world you ELA fools cry like little children and try to make other believe you guys came up with it all. When Perongregory posted those picture of those white men having tattoos that were very similar to the style you claim chicanos came up with you flat out just refuse to believe your eyes. In your mind just completely shut out the possibility of European whites coming up with those styles, not because you had a good argument against it, no just don't want to believe it so you don't. And that's why no one takes your arguments seriously, it's obvious you cherry pick information to support preconceived notion. You don't actually look up things to find the truth, you just want to distort history to fit your view. In the end of the day it's just chicano jealousy of the blacks for bringing LA style to the world and getting money and fame of it, just simple jealousy.

Not to mention you exaggerate the popularity of cholo style. Honestly kids nowadays wear tight jeans or are all into that rock style of dress. You would be hard press these days to find a kid dress like people did in the 90s. In Mexico you are looked down upon if your ass tries to act like a cholo, the same way you look down on them is the same way people in Mexico look down on them. I said it before street gangs in Mexico are pathetic, cholos in Mexico are social misfits, to Mexicans they are trash. Very few people in Mexico try act like cholos, it just not a popular style in Mexico. The only time street gangs get power in Mexico is when cartels fund them, then when they finish the dirty work for them the cartels wipe them out.

Also, I don't care what white people think about Mexicans. But here you go again with your double think. In some of your post you insult whites, calling them weak, even was talking shit about how the Mafia is falling apart (that's another thing you're all on the Mafia's nuts then turn around and insult them later) but then try act like Chicanos and whites are one in the same. Are you bipolar or something, consistency is something you don't poses. So your grandparents were born in ELA? You know most hispanics that have family history going that far in the US don't call themselves chicano, in their mind they're just straight out Americans. Those completely Americanized hispanics, that have no gang ties want absolutely nothing to with gang related Chicanos. To those Americanized fools being thought of as some lowriding, ball headed, gangbanging cholo is a complete embarrassment. So don't give people the impression that Americanized hispanics are not a shame of you Chicanos. Hell to them border hopers and ELA banging chicanos are the same trash.

Lastly.

"Where were you border brothers when we took to the streets and gave us a reputation and even a style unique to our own? OH YEA -you were busy being embarrassed that we would dare stick up for ourselves* and that we were creating a ruckus. If it was up to paisas youd just continue to suck white ...well you know!"

What hell do you mean by that. Are you talking the civil rights movement. The blacks that took care of that. chicanos had a small role in that, and like always chicanos like to pump up their importance in that movement. You take away the chicanos and blacks would of still gotten those laws passed, you can't say the same thing the other way around. If it wasn't for the blacks chicanos would be stuck sucking white dick, and you got the nerve to bitch about who started wearing baggy pants and tatted up. I'm not going to lie Mexicans are just as ignorant and ungrateful to blacks as chicanos are, the blacks were the ones that took the most abuse in that movement by far.