MOST ACTIVE SURENOS UP NORTH

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Re: MOST ACTIVE SURENOS UP NORTH

Unread post by MCD » April 4th, 2009, 12:55 am

my bad I forgot richmond sur trece is still around. I dont make it to richmond anymore so I don't know how active they still are.

brownpridesac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: afghanistan

Unread post by brownpridesac » October 18th, 2009, 3:21 pm

rst is old maybe late 90's for a sureno gang. bay area surenos are pretty crazy read the paper..

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » October 18th, 2009, 10:02 pm

They gotta be loco, they're fighting for survival it's an uphill battle all the way.

brownpridesac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by brownpridesac » December 17th, 2009, 4:55 pm

the howe park surenos in sacramento are crazy too they keep their business under the radar i hear my girl cousins talking about howe park this howe park that how much they hate them for killing their homies and im like i go to sac bee and i dont ever see anything i guess because they maintain a low profile so that they wont get caught..

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » December 17th, 2009, 5:23 pm

BRO YOUR A JOKE. HOWE PARK IS NOT A CRAZY GANG WHERE YOUR SCARED TO GO TOO. HOWE PARK IS BY THE MALL ITS NOT LIKE THE HEIGHTS OR OAK PARK. ITS NOT A GHETTO VARRIO. END OF STORY

OGCricket
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: S-CP-HOOD-J

Unread post by OGCricket » December 19th, 2009, 11:02 am

there's no doubt the Salinas Sureno gangs are the crazyest all Sur gangs in Salas are clicked up there are more Norteno gangs in Salinas that's why the Salinas Sur gangs have to be more violent. Too say which one is putting more work no one really can say.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 30th, 2009, 12:20 pm

kings wrote:BRO YOUR A JOKE. HOWE PARK IS NOT A CRAZY GANG WHERE YOUR SCARED TO GO TOO. HOWE PARK IS BY THE MALL ITS NOT LIKE THE HEIGHTS OR OAK PARK. ITS NOT A GHETTO VARRIO. END OF STORY
haha yeah HPS doesnt need to be real loco because there's not much people around them. That's why I say they picked a good spot to set up shot, they got that whole community and there's not much turf surrounding them and they got some numbers. I honestly laughed when I heard there was gang there but lookin at it now I understand why they picked the spot.
OGCricket wrote:there's no doubt the Salinas Sureno gangs are the crazyest all Sur gangs in Salas are clicked up there are more Norteno gangs in Salinas that's why the Salinas Sur gangs have to be more violent. Too say which one is putting more work no one really can say.
I heard surenos mob deep in salinas, there was a story a couple years ago about some youngster who got stuck by like 10 of them for wearin his 49ers jersey

SilentWest
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by SilentWest » January 30th, 2010, 6:05 pm

They didn't pick any spot. My guess is that some sureno from LA happen to move into the paisa filled apartments and recruited himself a few lil soldiers. And boom, HPS was born. Lol

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » February 6th, 2010, 7:26 pm

are there any apartments in howe park? I can't remember, but what I'm saying is that the neighborhood is sort of isolated since you have all the shopping centers around it. Usually when I'm in the area I see south siders but I did see some nortenos pulled over by the cops one night right next to the actual park land. I didn't know there was a HPN until someone said it on here. From what I see HPS is full of youngsters anyways and they dont get tested on the daily like south sac or salas or oakland sur.

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » February 7th, 2010, 9:49 am

SOUTH SAC IS FULL OF NORTENOS. MCD WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO PUMP UP SOME SURTONTOS? KEEP IT REAL

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » February 22nd, 2010, 7:49 pm

haha trust me homeboy I aint tryin to pump them up at all, I'm just saying Howe Park is the perfect spot for surenos to move in and expand and say shit like they run the area when there aint even any other turf around there. I know they cant be that hard because like I said they don't have many rivals to beef with.

By the way does anyone know where nortenos are at in Roseville, I saw some surenos near vernon street the other day I was trippin I had no clue they were there.

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » February 23rd, 2010, 10:35 pm

THE NORTENOS FROM ROSEVILLE ARE CALLED WEST SIDE ROSA

norcalbadboy
What city do you live in now?: Bay Area

Unread post by norcalbadboy » February 26th, 2010, 11:28 pm

Anon wrote:In my very small Northern Califronia town (about 4 hours north of SF) we have more "Surenos" than "Nortenos" . I use the quotation marks because I am quite aware what we are experiencing in terms of gang activity here is but a drop in the larger ocean. I am also aware of information that suggests that Sureno is an umbrella term, and many a group of people can just pick it up and start using it to represent their set. Sunday night there was a Norteno tagging spree, which was very strange for our particular area. Throughout our very sprawled county, we also have other Sureno activity. The set in our town claim CVC (Crazy Vatos Controlan), which, according to the information I have been provided originated in Reno.

4 Hours North of SF? Where you from? FB? Fort Bragg?

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » March 19th, 2010, 10:43 am

i love this guy: Josue Orozco

Two teens have been charged with helping a suspected murderer escape Thursday from the San Mateo County Youth Services Center, the sheriff's office reported Saturday.

Martin Villa Patino, 18, and Vanher Cho, 18, were in the detention facility's recreation yard with escapee Josue Raul Orozco, 17, at around 7:15 p.m., Lt. Marc Alcantara reported. Patino and Cho helped push Orozco up and over a concrete wall that surrounded the yard where the three were playing basketball.

Once Orozco cleared the wall, he escaped through a hole that was cut in the chain link fence surrounding the facility at 222 Paul Scannell Drive, Chief Probation Officer Loren Buddress said.

"It appears that an accomplice cut a hole in the fence and was waiting for him outside the facility in a car," Buddresss said.

Surveillance cameras at the detention facility show a mid-size black sedan, possibly a Chevrolet Impala, with chrome wheels pulled up to the chain link fence around the time of the escape, Alcantara said. A K-9 unit was called to the scene and tracked Orozco's scent from the hole in the fence to the adjacent roadway, where the scent disappeared.

Orozco, a member of the Sureno gang, is the youngest person to be charged as an adult for murder in San Mateo County.

Sheriff's deputies contacted Orozco's family, who lives in Redwood City, and associates Thursday night, Alcantara said. Detectives learned Orozco may be headed to Mexico, but they are following other leads as well.

The U.S. Border Patrol has been informed of Orozco's escape.

Orozco and co-defendant Faustino Ayala, 23, are charged with murder and participating in a criminal street gang in connection with the death of 21-year-old Francisco Rodriguez in Redwood City on July 12, 2005.

At the defendants' 2006 preliminary hearing, a witness testified he saw a man, who prosecutors believe was Orozco, get out of a vehicle the afternoon of the shooting and reach for something in his waistband. Prosecutors allege that Orozco shot Rodriguez and that Ayala was driving the car. Orozco was 14 at the time of the shooting.

Three other juveniles who were arrested in connection with Rodriguez's killing were already convicted and sentenced for aiding and abetting a murder, Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.

Orozco was in custody on no bail status and if convicted was looking at up to life in prison, Wagstaffe said. A jury trial for the case was continued for the fifth time in January until May 12.

Cho and Patino will be arraigned at the San Mateo County Hall of Justice on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., Alcantara reported.

REDWOOD CITY -- A 23-year-old Redwood City man was found guilty of second-degree murder Monday for his involvement in the killing of 21-year-old Francisco Rodriguez in July 2005.

San Mateo County Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said Faustino Ayala faces 15 years to life in prison for the second-degree murder conviction.

In addition, he faces another 25 years to life because the jury found him guilty of allegations that the murder was committed for gang purposes and that a firearm was used for gang purposes.

Ayala is not suspected of pulling the trigger, Wagstaffe said.

"He wasn't the shooter, he was the driver," he said.

The murder happened on July 12, 2005 when a car full of people wearing bandanas drove up to Rodriguez's home on Poplar Avenue in Redwood City as he was working in the front yard with his brother-in-law and a friend.

One of the car's occupants jumped out and shot Rodriguez once in the back of the head, then fled in the vehicle, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors said Rodriguez was a former Norteno gang member, targeted by his Sureno assailants.

The shooter is believed to have been Josue Raul Orozco, now 17. Orozco is at large, having escaped from the San Mateo County Youth Services Center on Feb. 14.

Wagstaffe said three other people were involved in the murder, including Orozco's younger brother, 16-year-old Juan Orozco.

Juan Orozco and the other two, 18-year-old Daniel Vargas and 17-year-old Edgar Alvarez, were sentenced last year and are in the custody of the California Youth Authority. They will serve up to age 25, Wagstaffe said.

Ayala will appear before San Mateo County Superior Court Judge Barbara Mallach for his sentencing at 9 a.m. on Aug. 11.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- The youngest person to be tried as an adult for murder in San Mateo County testified Tuesday that he is innocent in the July 2005 fatal shooting of an alleged rival gang member.

Josue Orozco, now 19, was 14 years old when he allegedly shot and killed 21-year-old Francisco Rodriguez on July 12, 2005. He then escaped from a youth services center after his arrest for the murder.

Prosecuting attorney Josh Stauffer said Orozco is a Sureno gang member and Rodriguez was a former member of the rival Norteno gang, but Orozco today denied being a Sureno, mentioning he doesn't have any tattoos like many gang members.

Speaking in English rather than his native Spanish, Orozco described the events that led up to the shooting. With his head tilted to the side and leaning into the microphone at the witness stand, he spoke softly and with a lisp.

He said he was hanging out with some friends in Redwood City on July 12 when they decided to go for a drive "to look for some girls to go swimming because it was too hot."

The car they were driving in, however, could not go in reverse, and the group had to circle around the block once they spotted girls they wanted to talk to, Orozco said.

But when they came back on the street where they had seen the girls, they were gone, he said.

Orozco testified that the group then planned to go to Half Moon Bay, but Faustino Ayala -- who was convicted in 2008 of second-degree murder for being the driver of that car-- wanted to stop at his house for a cell phone battery. Orozco's defense attorney Raymond Buenaventura contends it was Ayala who actually killed Rodriguez.

They didn't stop at Ayala's house and instead went to Rodriguez's house, where Rodriguez was gunned down in front of his apartment with his wife and two children just upstairs.

Orozco said that Ayala got out of the car they were riding in, and that Rodriguez had a knife.

"Then I heard a gunshot," Orozco said.

"Did you actually see Faustino Ayala shoot Francisco Rodriguez?" Stauffer asked.

"No ... I just heard the gunshot," Orozco responded.

He testified that Ayala then came back to the car and they dropped off the person who Orozco said was driving.

Orozco said that's when Ayala began driving the car, and they traveled to several San Mateo County cities, including East Palo Alto, Half Moon Bay and back to Redwood City.

When they were arrested the next morning, Orozco told police that he had shot Rodriguez "because Faustino (Ayala) told me to," Orozco testified.

He said he was worried he would be killed if he said that Ayala had shot Rodriguez, and claimed that he escaped from the San Mateo County Youth Services Center because he was afraid to testify against Ayala.

Ayala's sister Rosalba Ayala, 24, said outside the courtroom today that her brother did not shoot Rodriguez. Additionally, the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office never alleged that Faustino Ayala was the shooter.

"There was no evidence that my brother was holding a gun," she said. "Evidence speaks louder than words."

She said her brother told her that he didn't kill anyone, and that Orozco was the one who got out of the car and shot Rodriguez.

"If he wasn't guilty, he wouldn't escape," Rosalba Ayala said of when Orozco fled juvenile hall.

"And if my brother did threaten him, he had plenty of chances to run away," she said.

Stauffer asked Orozco during his cross-examination Tuesday afternoon how he had escaped from the youth services facility.

Orozco testified that he had hidden wire cutters at the center for a year, and that he cut a fence to make his escape from the facility.

However, Orozco said he hadn't planned to escape.

Stauffer also repeatedly asked Orozco whether he was a Sureno.

Orozco denied that as well, but said the teen who helped him escape from the youth services center, as well as the friend who housed Orozco in San Jose after he escaped, are both Surenos.

Orozco continued to deny the allegation that he was the shooter as Stauffer told him that every witness said the shooter was young and short, like Orozco, and that the shooter exited the car prior to killing Rodriguez in the same place Orozco claimed he was sitting.

Orozco also said that he didn't know Rodriguez had been a Norteno and that he didn't know Rodriguez was dead until the police told him.

Both the prosecution and defense rested Tuesday. Closing arguments will be presented at 9:30 a.m. Friday.

Orozco remains in custody without bail.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » March 19th, 2010, 10:46 am

and here's more:

-- A teenager who at age 14 was the youngest person ever charged as an adult in San Mateo County told fellow gang members from jail to scare witnesses who were supposed to testify in his murder case, which ended in a mistrial, prosecutors said today.

Six alleged Sureño gang members are scheduled to enter pleas today in Superior Court on charges that they conspired with Josue Raul Orozco, now 19, to intimidate witnesses into changing their testimony or not testifying at all, authorities said.

The six suspects and a 17-year-old girl were arrested Wednesday.

Orozco is accused of killing 21-year-old Francisco Rodriguez outside the victim's Redwood City home on July 12, 2005. Prosecutors say Orozco and Rodriguez were in rival gangs. Orozco, an alleged Sureño gang member, denies he was the shooter.

The jury in his murder case deadlocked in December after a 24-day trial and six days of deliberations. Prosecutors intend to retry him.

Prosecutors began uncovering evidence in December that Orozco and other suspected Sureño members had contacted and dissuaded witnesses in his trial, said Assistant District Attorney Karen Guidotti.

"Orozco orchestrated this conspiracy from the San Mateo County Jail, where he called numerous Sureño members on the streets and directed them to either prevent witnesses from attending the trial or scare the witnesses into altering their testimony," Guidotti said.

Orozco escaped from the San Mateo County juvenile lockup in 2008 but was arrested seven months later in Texas.

On Wednesday, law-enforcement officials from numerous agencies raided locations in Redwood City, East Palo Alto and Oakland to arrest the suspects in the conspiracy case, Guidotti said.

Besides Orozco, who has remained in jail since the mistrial, the adults who were arrested were Bianca Aguillon, 19, and Arturo Becerra, 19, both of East Palo Alto; Edgar Cibrian, 20, whose hometown is unknown; and Eduardo Lopez, 19, and Cesar Ponce, 20, both of Redwood City.

All were booked at San Mateo County Jail on suspicion of witness intimidation, felonies committed for the benefit of a criminal street gang and conspiracy to intimidate witnesses.

Police are searching for another alleged Sureño member, Alexandro Stephen Villar, 19, of Redwood City.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » March 19th, 2010, 10:49 am

you know why i like him? he escapse jail and gets 2 other people more time, then gets on the stand and points the finger at someone else for his crime and then gets 6 other people arrested, you add all the numbers it's like some 15 surenos went to jail for 1 dead ex norteno....this foo really don't want to go to jail. lmao

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » March 19th, 2010, 12:13 pm

hahaha for reals huh, just like a punk to pass the buck for his freedom. Seems like he did a favor for the nortenos in Redwood..makes me mad surenos are targeting youngsters and drop outs though.

SilentWest
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SilentWest » April 4th, 2010, 4:27 pm

They target people that don't even bang. SMH

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 4th, 2010, 9:47 pm

SilentWest wrote:They target people that don't even bang. SMH
I know, my homeboy's lady said her cuzz from RWC got killed & I wonder if it's 1 of these stories I've seen online. She said he was like a pretty boy or something & wasn't into banging. I heard what some of these "surenos" do for iniciation in RWC is go stab or kill a Norteno, but it seems like they'll just do that to someone random in red or something.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » April 7th, 2010, 9:34 am

A Galt street gang member who accidentally shot and killed one of his friends last year was sentenced today to four years in state prison for involuntary manslaughter.

Hector Quintero, 19, pleaded no contest March 5 to the shotgun killing of his friend, Gerardo Briseno, 19.

Quintero's probation report, filed today in Sacramento Superior Court, showed that Briseno bought the shotgun just three days before his Sept. 10 death in a friend's residence on Alice Rae Circle.

Briseno and Quintero were joking around with the shotgun, cocking it and pretending to shoot each other, when Quintero -- thinking the weapon was unloaded -- pulled the trigger and blew a hole through the right side of Briseno's nose, the report said.

"It was an accident," Quintero told another friend right after the shooting, the probation report shows. "I just shot the fool."

The probation report identified Quintero, a Galt resident, as an admitted Sureno street gang member since 2006. The report said he had been on probation for possession of a deadly weapon and graffiti vandalism. It said he violated of his probation with street gang activity, possession of vandalism tools, smoking marijuana, failure to participate in drug and alcohol counseling, being intoxicated in a public place, fighting, curfew violations and associating with street gang members.

Quintero had been placed in the Sacramento County Boys Ranch in 2009, the report states.

The victim's mother was "not satisfied" with the terms of Quintero's plea deal, the probation report shows, stating that Briseno's mother "will never forgive the defendant for leaving her son on the floor dying and not calling for help."

damn...a shotgun to his nose?????

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 7th, 2010, 5:47 pm

wickedthoughtts wrote:A Galt street gang member who accidentally shot and killed one of his friends last year was sentenced today to four years in state prison for involuntary manslaughter.

Hector Quintero, 19, pleaded no contest March 5 to the shotgun killing of his friend, Gerardo Briseno, 19.

Quintero's probation report, filed today in Sacramento Superior Court, showed that Briseno bought the shotgun just three days before his Sept. 10 death in a friend's residence on Alice Rae Circle.

Briseno and Quintero were joking around with the shotgun, cocking it and pretending to shoot each other, when Quintero -- thinking the weapon was unloaded -- pulled the trigger and blew a hole through the right side of Briseno's nose, the report said.

"It was an accident," Quintero told another friend right after the shooting, the probation report shows. "I just shot the fool."

The probation report identified Quintero, a Galt resident, as an admitted Sureno street gang member since 2006. The report said he had been on probation for possession of a deadly weapon and graffiti vandalism. It said he violated of his probation with street gang activity, possession of vandalism tools, smoking marijuana, failure to participate in drug and alcohol counseling, being intoxicated in a public place, fighting, curfew violations and associating with street gang members.

Quintero had been placed in the Sacramento County Boys Ranch in 2009, the report states.

The victim's mother was "not satisfied" with the terms of Quintero's plea deal, the probation report shows, stating that Briseno's mother "will never forgive the defendant for leaving her son on the floor dying and not calling for help."

damn...a shotgun to his nose?????
What an idiot & I trip off how Galt actually has the North/South war. I remember at 1st I only heard about cholas there, but then I guess stuff got more serious in that dirt town.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » April 9th, 2010, 9:10 am

north n south war is all over , surenos and their prankster followers are everywhere now. if they didn't only come out at night maybe norte could do something about that.

IxEXIII
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by IxEXIII » June 16th, 2010, 10:42 pm

surenos up north arent like surenos over here in so cal the ones i ran across mostly from small towns where "surenos" had dominance windsor, orland, orosi, mcfarland, eureka etc.. but there were also some in the large citys but it was mostly made up of scarred paisas with a few real riders sewed in but idd agree with who ever said the surenos in richmond where the most active in northern cali

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » June 17th, 2010, 3:44 pm

i'll be honest i never even heard of orland n mcfarland in cali, that just tells you how surenos creep up in the most remote areas where there probably isn't any nortenos in the first place. But I give em credit for bein in the bay

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 17th, 2010, 6:07 pm

MCD wrote:i'll be honest i never even heard of orland n mcfarland in cali, that just tells you how surenos creep up in the most remote areas where there probably isn't any nortenos in the first place. But I give em credit for bein in the bay
McFarland is in Kern county between Delano & BKS, so I'm not surprised that sur is dominant in that town. I didn't hear of Orland for a long time either & that town is a small town that I'm sure didn't have gangs. I'm not even sure if I heard of Orosi & I got a homeboy from Windsor which I would think is dominated by X4, but I can't say for sure.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » June 17th, 2010, 8:34 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
MCD wrote:i'll be honest i never even heard of orland n mcfarland in cali, that just tells you how surenos creep up in the most remote areas where there probably isn't any nortenos in the first place. But I give em credit for bein in the bay
McFarland is in Kern county between Delano & BKS, so I'm not surprised that sur is dominant in that town. I didn't hear of Orland for a long time either & that town is a small town that I'm sure didn't have gangs. I'm not even sure if I heard of Orosi & I got a homeboy from Windsor which I would think is dominated by X4, but I can't say for sure.
that's out in the country.. n they call us farmeros haha

justice831
What city do you live in now?: noneyabz

Unread post by justice831 » July 13th, 2010, 5:49 pm

who cares as long as the bangers are dead.

brownpridesac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by brownpridesac » July 17th, 2010, 10:57 pm

aint orosi close to fresno?? where all the bulldogs are at??

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » July 19th, 2010, 11:29 pm

justice831 wrote:who cares as long as the bangers are dead.
get off the crusade homie gangs aren't goin anywhere

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » July 27th, 2010, 10:19 am

speaking of active surenos:

Richmond man first to be convicted in San Pablo gang killings
By Malaika Fraley
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 07/23/2010 12:00:00 AM PDT
Updated: 07/24/2010 04:59:32 AM PDT

MARTINEZ — A Richmond man is the first to be convicted in Contra Costa County's landmark case targeting members of a street gang who prosecutors say went on a San Pablo killing spree in which victims were arbitrarily gunned down for wearing red.

Jurors on Friday convicted Jose Martinez, 25, of second- degree murder with gang and firearm enhancements, conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to commit street terrorism for fatally shooting 20-year-old San Pablo resident Jose Mendoza-Lopez on Jan. 26, 2008.

Martinez wrongly believed that the victim was in a rival gang because he was wearing a red hat and shoes. Defense attorney Jack Weiss argued another man fired the gun.

The same jury acquitted Martinez of four counts of murder in connection with killings that occurred when he was not present, but which were charged against him as part of an August 2008 grand jury indictment against 12 Sureño gang members in an unprecedented effort by the District Attorney's Office and San Pablo police to combat gang violence.

Prosecutors said Friday that they believe they will be more successful at trials for the others indicted, as the shooters in those cases were more entwined in the Richmond gang than Martinez, who had recently moved from Oakland and was in jail when three of the killings occurred.

Each member of the gang was charged with all five killings — including Mendoza-Lopez's — because they occurred during
the gang's effort to bolster their reputation, deputy district attorney Aron DeFerrari said.

"It's a unique case because it's attempting to hold members accountable for crimes committed in the course of the gang's conspiracy to hunt and kill rival gang members," DeFerrari said.

The gang in Richmond was in disarray in the latter part of 2007. One subset crumbled after Victor Cerda — serving a life prison term for a 2003 San Pablo killing — ordered Augustin Silva to kill fellow gang member Roberto Ponce for talking to police about a 2004 Concord murder committed by Luis Rodriguez-Ponce, DeFerrari said. Another member, Victor Lozano, a friend of the intended victim, objected to the kill-order and killed Silva by beating him to death and slashing his throat with a beer bottle, DeFerrari said.

Another subset lost its leadership when Victor Valencia killed a member of another set and fled the country with his two brothers. DeFerrari said the subsets then joined together and hatched a plan to regain strength by killing members of a rival gang known to frequent San Pablo and claim the color red.

But of the five people killed on the streets of San Pablo by the gang between December 2007 and April 2008, only one was a member of that rival gang — and he was only loosely affiliated.

"Five people died for wearing red ... because of the war the (gang was) waging," DeFerrari said. "The law says, 'The act of one conspirator is the act of all conspirators.' "

Martinez faces 55 years to life in prison when he is sentenced next month.

this is the infamous VARRIO FRONTERAS LOCOS gang of richmond, ca. what a horrible gang...and they're suppose to be a threat to the norte?? how?? i thought MS was bad when they were running around shooting the wrong people in SF. lol

SilentWest
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SilentWest » July 29th, 2010, 8:30 pm

ALL THEY SHOOT AT IS CIVILIANS? WOW, WHAT A BUNCH OF PUSSIES. :lol:

SilentWest
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SilentWest » July 29th, 2010, 8:32 pm

MCD wrote:north n south war is all over , surenos and their prankster followers are everywhere now. if they didn't only come out at night maybe norte could do something about that.

How is it over, when there are Nortenos popping up all over the US now? Scraps have been nation wide for years. Now Norte is moving it too.