ITS ALL BWT LONDON! NOT

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Wiggy
What city do you live in now?: Stockton on tees

ITS ALL BWT LONDON! NOT

Unread post by Wiggy » May 26th, 2009, 7:25 am

EVERYTHING IS ABWT LONDON WEN PPL TLK ABWT THE UK MAN IT MAKES ME THINK DO PPL CARE ABOUT WATS HAPENIN UP PAST THE SOUTH NOTHING IS EVER REPORTED UP NORTH THE LAST THING I REMEBER WAS THE YOUNG KID GETTIGN SMOKED IN CROXTETH SHIT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME IN THE NORTH N I BEEN READEN FEW POSTS ON ERE N NO 1 SEEMS TO THINK THERES MANY GANGS IN THE NORTH PPL NEED 2 OPEN THERE EYES SERIOUS MAN I HAVE A MATE WHO LIVES IN L.O.N N HE COME UP MIDDLESBROUGH WITH ME WHERE IM FROM N HE WAS SHOCKED 2 FUCK WHAT ITS LIKE AROUND HERE PPL NEED 2 OPEN THERE EYS MAN

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Glesga

Re: ITS ALL BWT LONDON! NOT

Unread post by Jinky08 » May 28th, 2009, 9:22 pm

When people for instance in the U.S think of the UK they think of England.

reppineast
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by reppineast » May 30th, 2009, 8:02 am

That is true and glasgow is never mentioned by americans when talking about crime in UK

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky08 » May 30th, 2009, 6:34 pm

reppineast wrote:That is true and glasgow is never mentioned by americans when talking about crime in UK
And thats comin from a Londoner(No disrespect)

Dobre
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Guam
What city do you live in now?: Tokyo

Unread post by Dobre » May 30th, 2009, 7:39 pm

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 30th, 2009, 10:20 pm

reppineast wrote:That is true and glasgow is never mentioned by americans when talking about crime in UK
the same can be said about Baltimore,Philadelphia,DC,Detroit and Camden when Europeans talk about US crime.
its almost always about LA,New York and to a lesser extent Chicago.

SoulJah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoulJah » May 31st, 2009, 1:11 am

i dunno bout some of them places you mentioned above. The wire has firmly but baltimore in the limelight over here for a number of years now. Same for detroit after 8 mile. We know they tough cities but we just dont really kno nuttin much bout how the gangs work there, maybe cos those cities aint really been sold in that way by the media we see.

Teflon85
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Birmingham

Unread post by Teflon85 » May 31st, 2009, 3:53 pm

It's only outsiders that think that I'd say, that and people who aren't in the know anyway. Fact is I know a whole load of people from here in birmingham who them + their people go up north to make money. there's even a few lads from liverpool i talk to now and then who say their peeps are doing the same thing, money is there to be made in scotland, so of course violence is gonna be there too. on top of that, the scots have got all the old fighting gangs, all them stabbings going on, but like you say, nobody cares to report it if it isnt london, and thats not only scotland its about either. here in birmingham there's been shootings, killings, that don't even get a single line in a newspaper, or a mention on the news. it only makes the news here if women/children were hurt, or if it seemed like a contract thing, or if the news can mention burger bar or johnsons crews with it, thats how it seem to me anyway, maybe its worse up north even, but thats not something i can comment on anyway

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » May 31st, 2009, 5:41 pm

i think detroit has got a bad rep over here

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » May 31st, 2009, 5:43 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
the same can be said about Baltimore,Philadelphia,DC,Detroit and Camden when Europeans talk about US crime.
the only 1 of them i know nuttin about is camden,is that in new jersey?

SoulJah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoulJah » June 1st, 2009, 5:23 am

I always used to read the fbi related press releases on USA’s most dangerous towns n cities ( http://www.infoplease.com/us/cities/saf ... ities.html ) and Camden was always on there but never knew much else about it. In 2006 I managed to go through work to a gangs conference in London and one of the speakers who was from Temple Univeristy (which is in Philly and just across the way from Camden NJ) did a talk on gangs in Camden and street corner violence related to the drugs market.

The guy who did the talk was actually from the UK and worked in Nottingham/London before going stateside. Below are links of what he presented, a lot of talk was on the Bloods/Latin Kings and less about Neta/Five Percenters

http://www.cscs.ucl.ac.uk/events-1/cmc/ ... cliffe.pdf

http://gunston.gmu.edu/cebcp/Briefings/Ratcliffe.pdf

@Dinky, Detroit always had a bad rep over here amongst those in the kno – it was so bad there they needed Robocop lol I remember when I was a youth and the first time I saw the opening scenes of Beverly Hills Cop then that Detroit looked hard as nails, it was all real footage too

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky08 » June 1st, 2009, 4:58 pm

Summers just kicking in, looks as if its gonnae be a wild summer in the east end.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » June 2nd, 2009, 4:10 am

5 murders in a week,3 last sunday.plus 4 attempted murders.

Jinky08
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky08 » June 2nd, 2009, 10:45 am

And thats just the ones that are reported, As we all know alot of Serious Assaults and Attempts are never reported.

If we were counting them it would be ALOT more.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 2nd, 2009, 5:53 pm

well damn lol
so you guys do know about some US cities.

dinky wrote:5 murders in a week,3 last sunday.plus 4 attempted murders.
I think this contributes to the "americans dont know about US crime" thing
Those numbers dont look that bad compared to some US Cities and thats a good thing.
i'd rather my city have Glasgow's or London's murder rate then its own.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » June 3rd, 2009, 3:22 am

So would i but Glasgows a small city,and guns arent really available the way they are in the states.There will probably be around a 100 or so murders in the Glasgow area this year in a population of around 600.000.Whats the population of Philly,and roughly how many homocides in a year?It looks a rough town from what ive seen on tv and read.

SoulJah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoulJah » June 3rd, 2009, 4:57 am

Philly got about 1,500,000 people n around 400 murders

http://philadelphia.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

Teflon85
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Birmingham

Unread post by Teflon85 » June 3rd, 2009, 7:49 am

again, when considering those statistics, I personally feel the availability of firearms has a big effect. It often sounds like in the US people will go straight to the gun to deal with beef's, which is likely to kill the victim. In the UK, it's usually the knife, even if the aim is to kill.

To all of you in the UK, think about the crime in your local area - how many stabbings are there? and how many of these actually lead to death? Personally, since I was a little kid, people have always been getting stabbed up over things, but the number of those people that survive is very high (maybe thats just my personal experience, but i doubt it)

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » June 3rd, 2009, 5:47 pm

Teflon85 wrote:again, when considering those statistics, I personally feel the availability of firearms has a big effect. It often sounds like in the US people will go straight to the gun to deal with beef's, which is likely to kill the victim. In the UK, it's usually the knife, even if the aim is to kill.
its not just beef that those guns are used for.
drug protection
robbery
all that other shit
Last Christmas a fuckin 11 or 12 year old tried to rob me while i was waiting on my chinese food.
but he was stupid and aimed the gun down for a sec and my brother in-law rocked his fuckin head off.
Tried to stomp that little muhfucca to death.

Wiggy
What city do you live in now?: Stockton on tees

Unread post by Wiggy » July 31st, 2009, 7:35 am

2 murders in a week in my area and a stabbing that the fella handeld nd is safe n not 1 line in paper or shit fings just gna get worse n worse

unidentified26
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by unidentified26 » June 13th, 2010, 7:18 am

Teflon85 wrote:again, when considering those statistics, I personally feel the availability of firearms has a big effect. It often sounds like in the US people will go straight to the gun to deal with beef's, which is likely to kill the victim. In the UK, it's usually the knife, even if the aim is to kill.

To all of you in the UK, think about the crime in your local area - how many stabbings are there? and how many of these actually lead to death? Personally, since I was a little kid, people have always been getting stabbed up over things, but the number of those people that survive is very high (maybe thats just my personal experience, but i doubt it)
i know what u mean. nothing is really serious in london. murders arent common, well the newspapers dont report them much anyway. recently the news is all about child neglect and abuse. stabbings are rarely heard of and i live in south west london, and thats suppose to be the worst.

bodx
What city do you live in now?: Edmonton

Unread post by bodx » September 14th, 2010, 2:13 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
Not true. Everyone knows DC, Detroit and Philly are shitholes. Most people probably haven't heard of Baltimore or Camden but then most of you Americans things we all talk like monty python and that we're all upper class pussies.

I was in San Bernardino and Buena Park in July. I didn't feel unsafe though I was definitely taking precautions and not stirring up shit as you would do when not on your home turf. If you came to Glasgow from one of those places you would get challenged for absolute fucking sure inside 24 hours.

bodx
What city do you live in now?: Edmonton

Unread post by bodx » September 14th, 2010, 2:39 pm

SoulJah wrote:Philly got about 1,500,000 people n around 400 murders

http://philadelphia.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
If that's right then the average number of murders per 100,000 in philly is about 26 as compared to Glasgow's 21 not a hell of a lot of difference if you ask me.

I reckon the murder rate in the US is higher just because they have guns and guns ar e more effective murder weapons than knives. On the other hand I reckon your chances of getting violently attacked randomly with a knife in Glasgow is probably 5X or more times higher than of being randomly shot at in any US city including the likes of Detroit.

l3awjawz
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Glasgow

Unread post by l3awjawz » May 1st, 2012, 4:07 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
Very true. Everyone in the UK thinks mainly of New York (the Bronx in particular), but they never mention worse places that are virtually unheard of because hardly anyone goes to these places and the media, therefore, don't give them much of a mention if any at all. People in Scotland, and the North of England, accuse the British media of being London-centric, and justified in my opinion. Most news is about London, even if Manchester and especially Glasgow are way more violent. How many of y'all have heard of Paisley, Birkenhead, Salford, Newport, Hull? Very few I bet. As with the likes of Baltimore, Newark, Gary, Flint, they have worse rates of violent crime than many of the major cities, but most of this will be unheard of because there's little or no media interest in these places and nothing in them for people to visit. No doubt, with LA being a world city (as well as Crip and Blood city) is why there is so much attention paid there, even if other, often smaller places are worse. The same is true of London. This is another example of our minds today are shaped by the media.