2 Sureños Charged with Murder of VG Norteño (SAC)

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

2 Sureños Charged with Murder of VG Norteño (SAC)

Unread post by MCD » December 3rd, 2009, 2:45 am

Some info on Surenos up in Sacra.

Mother in mourning says her 16-year-old son 'had plans'
By Kim Minugh and Peter Hecht
Published: Thursday, Nov. 26, 2009 - 12:00 am | Page 3B

Francisco Jesus Medina-Tomas was a respectful teenager who loved football and entertained ideas of becoming a construction engineer, his mother said this week.

"He was always a good son in my house. He respected everyone," Juana Jose Tomas said of her 16-year-old son, who was gunned down in a south Sacramento apartment complex Saturday night. "He had plans."

Speaking in Spanish, Tomas said her second of three sons was a bright boy who helped her navigate English-speaking society, translating at doctor's appointments and parent-teacher conferences. He attended Luther Burbank High School in south Sacramento.

Tomas said she struggles to fathom what led to his killing.

"I couldn't accept it," Tomas said. "I said, 'This couldn't have happened to my son.' "

About 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Medina-Tomas was waiting for a friend inside the Bowling Green Village apartment complex on 49th Avenue when a group of males fired multiple shots and ran, according to Sacramento County sheriff's detectives.

The 16-year-old fell to the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to the head. He died at the scene.

The boy's friend, who was walking toward him when shots rang out, offered only a vague description of the suspects, saying they were Latino males, detectives said.

Sheriff's homicide Sgt. Drew Wyant said Medina-Tomas had been identified by law enforcement officials as a member of the "Varrio Gardens" Norteno gang, and that the complex where he was killed is considered rival turf. But it's unclear whether that had anything to do with the shooting, Wyant said.

Medina-Tomas appears to have been a random victim who wasn't doing anything criminal when he was shot, the sergeant said. He said detectives have been stonewalled by a lack of cooperation from potential witnesses.

Tomas, the boy's mother, said she doesn't believe her son was in a gang.

"I was always watching him and never saw anything like that," she said. "He was a very pleasant boy. He got along really well with people."

Tomas said she doesn't have any idea what might have prompted her son's killing.

She wonders whether the shooters mistook him for somebody else.

"I want justice for my son," she said.

"I want the people responsible for this to face justice, because he didn't deserve this."

http://www.sacbee.com/crime/story/2351128.html

And here's the report on their arrest:

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/cr ... leged.html

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Re: 2 Sureños Charged with Murder of VG Norteño (SAC)

Unread post by youngspade » December 3rd, 2009, 6:21 am

MCD wrote:Some info on Surenos up in Sacra.

Francisco Jesus Medina-Tomas was a respectful teenager who loved football and entertained ideas of becoming a construction engineer, his mother said this week.

"He was always a good son in my house. He respected everyone," Juana Jose Tomas said of her 16-year-old son, who was gunned down in a south Sacramento apartment complex Saturday night. "He had plans."

Speaking in Spanish, Tomas said her second of three sons was a bright boy who helped her navigate English-speaking society, translating at doctor's appointments and parent-teacher conferences. He attended Luther Burbank High School in south Sacramento.

"I couldn't accept it," Tomas said. "I said, 'This couldn't have happened to my son.' "

About 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Medina-Tomas was waiting for a friend inside the Bowling Green Village apartment complex on 49th Avenue when a group of males fired multiple shots and ran, according to Sacramento County sheriff's detectives.

The 16-year-old fell to the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to the head. He died at the scene.

The boy's friend, who was walking toward him when shots rang out, offered only a vague description of the suspects, saying they were Latino males, detectives said.

Sheriff's homicide Sgt. Drew Wyant said Medina-Tomas had been identified by law enforcement officials as a member of the "Varrio Gardens" Norteno gang, and that the complex where he was killed is considered rival turf. But it's unclear whether that had anything to do with the shooting, Wyant said.

Medina-Tomas appears to have been a random victim who wasn't doing anything criminal when he was shot, the sergeant said. He said detectives have been stonewalled by a lack of cooperation from potential witnesses.

"I was always watching him and never saw anything like that," she said. "He was a very pleasant boy. He got along really well with people."

Tomas said she doesn't have any idea what might have prompted her son's killing.

"I want the people responsible for this to face justice, because he didn't deserve this."

Nice, man, looks like SAC has the same war aswell. Lets just say Norte gains turf over in SAC, does that mean the war would be even rite?

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » December 3rd, 2009, 9:23 am

hey they actually killed a norteno and not some random person. i'm impressed.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 4th, 2009, 2:28 pm

youngspade wrote:

Nice, man, looks like SAC has the same war aswell. Lets just say Norte gains turf over in SAC, does that mean the war would be even rite?
Sac is already dominated by the north, there's just surenos in south sac using guerilla warfare basically, pickin off nortenos that get caught slippin. Usually that's youngsters.
wickedthoughtts wrote:hey they actually killed a norteno and not some random person. i'm impressed.
Yeah they say he didn't have a record but he was an identified member. Just a lil' homie.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » December 5th, 2009, 3:03 pm

MCD wrote:
youngspade wrote:

Sac is already dominated by the north, there's just surenos in south sac using guerilla warfare basically, pickin off nortenos that get caught slippin. Usually that's youngsters.
wickedthoughtts wrote:hey they actually killed a norteno and not some random person. i'm impressed.
Yeah they say he didn't have a record but he was an identified member. Just a lil' homie.

Whats crazy, Ive been to every side of CALI even UP North by Oregon! But ive never, ever been to SACRA can someone break it down to people who hasnt been there!? West, East, South, North and how many gangs of each. Just Norte and Sur gangs!

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 6th, 2009, 11:06 pm

I think I'm the only sacra member still around so let me break it down for everyone.

In terms of GANGS, the significant areas stretch from left to right from West Sac to around Roseville/Rancho Cordova, then north until about Rio Linda and South through the south side and to Elk Grove.

INNER CITY: (Capitol, Downtown/Midtown)
Downtown is pretty easy to separate, it's bordered by the American River to the north, Sac River and I-5 to the West, I-80 to the South, and 99 to the East.

Downtown dont have many gangs. From what I saw, there were sur and norte varrios in the 20's but they seem inactive lately and their tags have been cleaned up since. Most of the homes downtown are white owned so there aint much turf. When Florin Mall on the southside closed, more homeboys started hanging out around K street mall and Downtown Plaza (shopping mall) so that lead to more assaults and robberies late at night when homeboys see the opportunity. I walked through most areas of downtown alone at night and never felt in danger, but the gavachos around the area often exaggerate the it as becoming more "ghetto" lately.

WEST SAC
This is the whole area to the West of the Sac River. West Sac is seen as a nice area by most people, and the some of the neighborhoods aint even that old and the area is maybe 1/3 latino. Nortenos control this side, specifically the Borderick Boys in Broderick (north section of West Sac) and they about 200-300 deep. People say the BB's have inactive since the 70's but they actually been puttin in work including 187 n drug trafficking. So, Yolo county stuck an injunction on them back in 2005. It was taken off a few years later but last year it was reinstated. This fucks shit up for the youngsters that dont gang bang, and being mexican is enough to get harassed by the chotas.

There are very few Surenos in West Sac and I don't even know their clickas but they do exist. Lucky for them the injunction doesnt touch em. I would think they are in the Bryte area (west section of West Sac) since that is the other mostly mexican sector.

NORTH SAC: (Gardenland, Northage, Del Paso Heights, Rio Linda, North Highlands, Foothill Farms)
This area is straight above the inner city across the American River and starts headin NE up I-80. Up here we got:

Del Paso Heights Nortenos (DPH)
Norte Sacramento
True Highland Nortenos (TNH)
Varrio Gardenland (VGL)
Varrio Northside (VNS)

The only Sur varrio I know is called OG surenos or something like that.

EAST SAC
Bordered by American River in the north, Highway 99 to the east, Highway 50 to the south, and Power Inn Rd to the west. East Sac is a nice area, low crime rate, it didnt even get hit hard from the whole housing crash and it's where Sac State college is located. Almost no sur or norte presence to my knowledge and I think the only gang in the area is a little blood set.

SOUTH SAC: (Franklin, Florin, Oak Park, Pocket, Meadowview, Parkway)
This is the hood of Sac. The south side is basically every under the 80-50 highways and goes down to about Mack Rd, where it starts to turn in Elk Grove, River to east and Power Inn rd to the west. Now this is the area I can name some clickas and some of their turf. Some of these I know of through homies/cops, others through what I've seen personally:

NORTE
Varrio Gardens (VGS) (Garden Block)
Varrio Diamond (VDS) (3900?)
14th Ave Nortenos
Oak Park Nortenos (OPN): 44th ave (Oak Park is the area south of broadway and east of stockton blvd)
4500's
Vandenberg st area (seems very active)
Varrio Cinco (5th st?)
South Side Park 14 (SSP14)
45th Ave Nortenos
Meadowview Nortenos (MVN)
South Sak Kings (SSK)
28th St

There are many more Norte clicks, especially in the Oak Park Area, which is considered one of the worst parts of south sac. I only seen one Sur varrio in south sac in person (38th ave) and I'm not sure if its active anymore. These are the Surenos I know of in South Sacra, but I know for sure there are more than this.

SUR
38th Ave (Off Franklin Blvd)
Varrio Franklin Blvd (VFB)
Varrio Sur Trece (VST)
49th Ave

I don't live on the southside anymore so i'm going off what I remember and what I hear from my boys and the SPD. Maybe someone living in the area still can elaborate.

OTHER AREAS

EAST SAC COUNTY (Carmichael, Arden-Arcade, Orangevale, Rancho Cordova, Citrus Heights)
East sac county aint an official name thats just what I consider it. This is the area with the most sureno to norteno ratio in my opinion.

Nortenos are in the Mather Field and Coloma Rd areas as well as some real active varrios around Mills Park Dr. Many clickas are along Folsom Blvd going through the area. Mills Park Dr is also where I have seen a Sureno presence..Florencia 13 in particular. Whether they are actually real vatos from the Sur i'm not sure. Rancho Cordova is actually a decent area but has enough cuts for the homeboys to lay back in and start shit.

The Arden-Arcade area is where you find infamous HPS (Howe Park Surenos) probably one of the more established Sur varrios in the county. These fools are all over youtube and even got their own rappers..lol. I gotta hand it to these vatos, they set up some good shop. Howe Park has some legit cuts and seems like a varrio that could grow. I have seen nortenos in the area, but I don't know which clicka theyre from. Nortenos and Surenos exist in Orangevale/Citrus Heights/Roseville but they are real small. Some of the harder vatos have been known to stay in Orangevale, Folsom, and Placerville (east of Sac county). These include NF members.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 7th, 2009, 12:39 pm

Varrio Franklin Blvd Sur? What happened to Varrio Franklin Blvd Norte?

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » December 8th, 2009, 5:43 pm

well first off there is no varrio franklon sur? thats one of the oldest gangs in sacra. they are nortenos. well in downtown you north downtown occupied by VARRIO CENTRO and in south downtown you got SSP x4 southside park nortenos then down the street on broadway you and 5th you got varrio Cinco . the oldest gangs in sacra that are still active are VARRio CENTRO VArrio FRAnklon Varrio Cinco which isnt that deep like before, broaderick . these gangs originated from the 70s

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 9th, 2009, 2:02 pm

kings wrote:well first off there is no varrio franklon sur? thats one of the oldest gangs in sacra. they are nortenos. well in downtown you north downtown occupied by VARRIO CENTRO and in south downtown you got SSP x4 southside park nortenos then down the street on broadway you and 5th you got varrio Cinco . the oldest gangs in sacra that are still active are VARRio CENTRO VArrio FRAnklon Varrio Cinco which isnt that deep like before, broaderick . these gangs originated from the 70s
No VFB sur are you sure? When I lived on the southside it was the first sur varrio I remember hearing about and that was only 8 years ago.

I thought I listed varrio centro but i missed them, i also put SSP14 in south sac

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 9th, 2009, 2:07 pm

kings you happen to know the norte clicka in the vandenberg drive area? I seen em near 78th st?

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » December 9th, 2009, 6:09 pm

franklon blvd have never been surenos. i been locked up and went to sac high and mclatchy high. so i know first hand. ssp is not in south sac its in downtown . its stiill considered downtown until broadway. that 78th st varrio is the diamonds there been around since the 80s.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 9th, 2009, 10:35 pm

guess i heard wrong, I know where ssp is at i wanted to change it but you cant edit posts for some reason.

brownpridesac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: afghanistan

Unread post by brownpridesac » December 17th, 2009, 5:54 pm

mcd man you got your ish mixed up buddy boy, east sac i havnt heard of any surenos set up shop only nortenos roll that side of town , north sac vgl,vns,rvn,vng and i even heard hpn is trying to make a move on them howe park surenos . south sac is vfb 36, 14th ave,fruitridge vista,diamonds,vgs,45th block, and meadowview, those are the nortenos you hear about, and as for surenos is 47th st, bst , 43rd, and cst,
and as for the topic its only logical the poor boy killed was in surenos turf (bst) 49th ave , he should of known better to go there i mean if he was really in a norteno gang..

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » December 21st, 2009, 10:24 pm

brownpridesac wrote:mcd man you got your ish mixed up buddy boy, east sac i havnt heard of any surenos set up shop only nortenos roll that side of town , north sac vgl,vns,rvn,vng and i even heard hpn is trying to make a move on them howe park surenos . south sac is vfb 36, 14th ave,fruitridge vista,diamonds,vgs,45th block, and meadowview, those are the nortenos you hear about, and as for surenos is 47th st, bst , 43rd, and cst,
and as for the topic its only logical the poor boy killed was in surenos turf (bst) 49th ave , he should of known better to go there i mean if he was really in a norteno gang..
what are you talkin about i got my "ish mixed up" ? I didn't say sur was in east sac, there aren't ANY significant varrios in East Sac. N HPN thinkin about makin a move on HPS? thats cool vato, but it's just speculation and don't mean anything at the moment. I dont have shit mixed up, you are just namin clicks that I didn't mention and some I did homeboy. And you can't down the youngster for bein in sur turf, sac is still a RED city. I walked through sur varrios wearin red before without an ounce of fear. My guess is the lil homie had a run in with em before the shooting.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » January 8th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Thought I'd mention that I caught another sur click in south sac on the expressway the other week. I forgot the cross street but theres some sur 13 STL on a wall over there. anyone know what STL means

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » February 6th, 2010, 7:39 pm

no one knows who them STL fools are? what about the "chap killa" shit on lemon hill n lucero?

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kings » February 7th, 2010, 9:44 am

NOBODY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT STL. THERE NOT BIG AND PROBABLY WONT LAST THAT LONG.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » February 21st, 2010, 6:17 pm

yeah you probably right, but it seems scraps got more brave lately with tagging up turf.

brownpridesac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by brownpridesac » March 23rd, 2010, 10:23 pm

yup there has been more taggin i think i even seen a picture with a sign in down town sacramento zapata park crossed off and said ahts seems like that gang is around spray painting the norteno city of sac?

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » March 29th, 2010, 10:54 pm

brownpridesac wrote:yup there has been more taggin i think i even seen a picture with a sign in down town sacramento zapata park crossed off and said ahts seems like that gang is around spray painting the norteno city of sac?
no big deal, its what surenos do when they're not hiding or shooting nortenos or youngsters in the back of the head.

brownpridesac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by brownpridesac » July 17th, 2010, 10:47 pm

yup maybe their just getting bored and writing on walls.

SilentWest
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by SilentWest » July 29th, 2010, 9:19 pm

Fuck these lil putos. Probably some little paisanitos that got pressured into joining BST, now they think they're Gangsters.
My homies gone toe 2 toe with the BST shotcaller. Some bald fool with a mustache and he wasn't about shit. I could really see his ass handing the little homies a gun telling them to buck at the Norteno that was standing down the street and then run like some pussies. All because he wouldn't have done it himself

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » September 26th, 2010, 10:32 pm

SilentWest wrote:fu-- these lil putos. Probably some little paisanitos that got pressured into joining BST, now they think they're Gangsters.
My homies gone toe 2 toe with the BST shotcaller. Some bald fool with a mustache and he wasn't about shit. I could really see his ass handing the little homies a gun telling them to buck at the Norteno that was standing down the street and then run like some pussies. All because he wouldn't have done it himself
yeah bst and hps basically screw some hood rats and start breeding these nor cal born surenos. n that's how these 2 fools in hps grew into a bunch of lil scared youngsters in a red city