Less than 1000 asian gangmembers in L.A.

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Less than 1000 asian gangmembers in L.A.

Unread post by Silencioso » June 8th, 2011, 1:33 pm

It's hard to believe it's that low but that's what the LAPD is claiming:

http://www.laalmanac.com/crime/cr03v.htm

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Re: Less than 1000 asian gangmembers in L.A.

Unread post by wickerman » June 8th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Silencioso wrote:It's hard to believe it's that low but that's what the LAPD is claiming:

might be true. what does the area encompass? if it doesnt include san fernando valley, san gabriel valley, and long beach, i wouldnt be surprised at all. in the actual "city" of los angeles, theres only a handful of traditional asian "gangs". u could probably even count the # on ur hand. most of the gangs are pretty mobile, and pretty few in #'s to be honest also.

another thing i thing that makes me believe this, is alotta asian "gangsters" aren't validated by the police and aren't on file. either they're not "hardcore" enough to get validated, or they're simply quiet about their dirt as to not be on file.

its hard to get validated as a gangster when u dont really have a block or neighborhood.

one thing that kinda tripped me out, is how open many black and latino gangsters are wid their affiliations. dont they kno that the day they go to court, all taht sh-t gon be gang enhancements? they dont fk around wid taht stuff no more. adding +5's and +10's to sentencing n stuff.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » June 9th, 2011, 12:24 am

wickerman wrote:
Silencioso wrote:It's hard to believe it's that low but that's what the LAPD is claiming:

might be true. what does the area encompass? if it doesnt include san fernando valley, san gabriel valley, and long beach, i wouldnt be surprised at all. in the actual "city" of los angeles, theres only a handful of traditional asian "gangs". u could probably even count the # on ur hand. most of the gangs are pretty mobile, and pretty few in #'s to be honest also.

another thing i thing that makes me believe this, is alotta asian "gangsters" aren't validated by the police and aren't on file. either they're not "hardcore" enough to get validated, or they're simply quiet about their dirt as to not be on file.

its hard to get validated as a gangster when u dont really have a block or neighborhood.

one thing that kinda tripped me out, is how open many black and latino gangsters are wid their affiliations. dont they kno that the day they go to court, all taht sh-t gon be gang enhancements? they dont fk around wid taht stuff no more. adding +5's and +10's to sentencing n stuff.
It's the city of L.A. which includesthe SFV but not the SGV, Long Beach or most of the the South Bay. So it's not really that significant. It probably just reflects the decline of Mid City/KTown/Downtown Asian gangs.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Proverbz » June 10th, 2011, 2:08 am

wickerman wrote:

i can believe it, asian gangbangin pretty much dead now.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by shing » June 10th, 2011, 10:39 am

this number is BS. The way they validate members very strange. I have yet to figure it out. I ran into so many people with their gangs tattooed all over their body and yet they weren't considered gang members.

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by wickerman » June 10th, 2011, 4:32 pm

shing wrote:this number is BS. The way they validate members very strange. I have yet to figure it out. I ran into so many people with their gangs tattooed all over their body and yet they weren't considered gang members.
u talkin about prison or in terms of the police or court system?

i think they all use different systems strangely enuf?

i kno for police, theres like a 4 factor test and if they meet like 2 of the criteria its enuf.

iono how it is for prison gang validation.

for the courts, they use a different test as well i believe. i think a common name plus congregation of more than like 3 ppl is a gang?

someone broke it down for me a while back...if someone knows for sure plz post.

i still think this figure might not be far off. 1000 active asian gang members in LA sounds about right. not too many actives these days.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » October 2nd, 2011, 4:59 pm

wickerman wrote:
shing wrote:this number is BS. The way they validate members very strange. I have yet to figure it out. I ran into so many people with their gangs tattooed all over their body and yet they weren't considered gang members.
u talkin about prison or in terms of the police or court system?

i think they all use different systems strangely enuf?

i kno for police, theres like a 4 factor test and if they meet like 2 of the criteria its enuf.

iono how it is for prison gang validation.

for the courts, they use a different test as well i believe. i think a common name plus congregation of more than like 3 ppl is a gang?

someone broke it down for me a while back...if someone knows for sure plz post.

i still think this figure might not be far off. 1000 active asian gang members in LA sounds about right. not too many actives these days.
i think 1000 is way too much if it's counting only LA and SFV.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » January 22nd, 2012, 8:48 pm

I believe it. Asians aint banging no more. Its the same everywhere I go, guess thers no reason to nowadays. Kids these days are more into their tight clothes, faggy hair cuts, dance-music and being cool guys haha. A couple months back I was talking to a buncha 18-19 year olds smoking on a patio at a kickback. Them fools were fascinated LOL, like "asians had gangs?" "what were they?" "dang i never heard of that" shit was trippin me out, cuz some of the stuff I was talking about was not even that long ago (2005 and up). Had me feelin old haha. The only gangs these kids knew were the ones from Gangland.

On a side note, only asians I still hear about are them chinese fools out in Monterey Park area. Couple of groups been getting busted out that way in recent years, mostly drug and hustle shit.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » January 24th, 2012, 8:36 am

As previously stated, those numbers are for the CITY of LA not the county, as evidenced in the fact that in the first line the county reports 53k hispanic gang members in 2005, more than double that of the figure shown on the chart.

Long beach alone has ~400 asian gang members, at least, spread over 3 different gangs. Whereas there are literally only a handful of Asian gangs in the city of LA, I'm actually surprised to see there's 32(as the chart states) in the city and that they have ~800+ members combined. I'm guessing they include Islanders(Pinoy) with the Asians on that chart, hence the steady decline of members as most Pinoys left the Rampart area for NELA(which has it's own cities) and beyond to the burbs.

It's also strange to me that the number of Asian gangs in the city has risen since the advent of the chart, I mean 32, come on?

Lets get crackin on trying to name these 32 asian gangs in the city of LA. I can think of like 5 lol.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » January 26th, 2012, 12:03 am

SB Tisoy wrote:I believe it. Asians aint banging no more. Its the same everywhere I go, guess thers no reason to nowadays. Kids these days are more into their tight clothes, faggy hair cuts, dance-music and being cool guys haha. A couple months back I was talking to a buncha 18-19 year olds smoking on a patio at a kickback. Them fools were fascinated LOL, like "asians had gangs?" "what were they?" "dang i never heard of that" shit was trippin me out, because some of the stuff I was talking about was not even that long ago (2005 and up). Had me feelin old haha. The only gangs these kids knew were the ones from Gangland.

On a side note, only asians I still hear about are them chinese fools out in Monterey Park area. Couple of groups been getting busted out that way in recent years, mostly drug and hustle shit.
being a g isnt as popular as it was like the 90s and early 00's. asians mostly follow trends. i believe listening to wiz khalifa and listening to electronic music is hot these days. so thats what theyll do. lets be honest asians dont have a streetgang culture like blacks and latinos. its obvious the only gang i would call real these days are the hoodlums down in lb

Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 682 » May 30th, 2012, 11:52 pm

there are still a handful of asian "gangsters" in LA, but its not like how it was back in the 90s. now instead of bangin, its all about slangin and trying to make money, even if its collaborating with "enemy" hoods. its weird. its all about drugs and money, but without much of the banging like it used to be. most of the old school "asian gangsters" i know of are either deported or some still doing time and the rest are just spread out around here laying low and "settling down" with their kids/families/whatever.