Gangs in South Philly?

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Gangs in South Philly?

Unread post by alexalonso » April 8th, 2010, 2:22 am

Are there any street gangs specifically in South Philly?

SonsofLiberty
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Re: Gangs in South Philly?

Unread post by SonsofLiberty » July 12th, 2010, 1:52 pm

Homie, the one thing you have to know about gangs in Philly is that they are closer to the mob with how they act compared to how niggas bang in LA.
Philly gangbangers don't promote themselves and act flashy with their affiliations like niggas damn near everywhere else in the US
and unless you are their enemy or ally, they'll pretend like there is no gang, all the better to keep shit under the radar, ya dig?

With that said, I am from North Philly and don't have intimate knowledge of the sets in South Philly but those niggas are going off down there.
I was visiting my mans and his whole family swarmed the block, grabbed they guns and started discussing some situation with another gang
in a different neighborhood. I was hearing shit poppin off all night that night and no cops ever showed up. It was like some tribal warring type
shit. Since it didnt have nothing to do with me, I got outta there after a while.

UnKnownSniper

Unread post by UnKnownSniper » August 29th, 2010, 6:33 pm

South philly traditionally have been mob(italian, black mafia, irish)turf and that continues into the present.Its true what Sons was saying in that these "vets" want to stay as low key as posible.

I went to high school with many irish and italians and will be general with what I remember.The irish boys were from 2st and they were deep.Another group of irish claimed 3T0 which meant 30th and Tasker streets.This neighborhood is in the grays ferry area and were at war with the project boys(black).

10st belonged to the italian boys.Various projects are black controlled and go by the community name.For example wilson park projects.For whatever reason, they didnt call themselves a gang.They call it a corner.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: nowhere

Unread post by caliboi » September 7th, 2010, 4:46 am

south philly trg, abz, and okp is wat i herda.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » April 29th, 2011, 2:26 pm

there arent many identifiable sets in south philly.
dudes really just rep there street/strip/corner.
and what sons said was true.
if you dont have problems with or is cool with a squad you wouldnt even know they moved together.
i dont know if 2nd street calls themselves irish boys or not tho but i do know that they get deep crazy fast when they have too. they form like voltron.
there are trg,abz and okp here too.
but i dont know how "active" okp are now tho.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: nowhere

Unread post by caliboi » May 20th, 2011, 9:20 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:there arent many identifiable sets in south philly.
dudes really just rep there street/strip/corner.
and what sons said was true.
if you dont have problems with or is cool with a squad you wouldnt even know they moved together.
i dont know if 2nd street calls themselves irish boys or not tho but i do know that they get deep crazy fast when they have too. they form like voltron.
there are trg,abz and okp here too.
but i dont know how "active" okp are now tho.
isnt there many asians in south philly? cambodians, vietnamese chinese laos etc....

UnKnownSniper

Unread post by UnKnownSniper » June 4th, 2011, 7:27 am

2nd street guys didnt call themselves irish boys.Their sets were whatever street corner they were from.For example 2nd and Ritner would be tagged 2R.
2Nd and Moore would be 2M.

UnKnownSniper

Unread post by UnKnownSniper » June 4th, 2011, 7:41 am

Theres a huge asian population in south philly comprised of every asian nation.Yes lots of cambodians and vietnamese and every other type.

Trg is in south philly claiming at least two neighborhoods.Abz has traditionally been from north,west, and southwest philly.

Its the youngbucks with no juice claiming this or that set.The older bangers that didnt get killed and released from prison are crackheads sticking up whoever for their next hit.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » June 10th, 2011, 5:56 pm

UnKnownSniper wrote:2nd street guys didnt call themselves irish boys.Their sets were whatever street corner they were from.For example 2nd and Ritner would be tagged 2R.
2Nd and Moore would be 2M.
LOL I remember years ago a couple of white proffesional wrestler from Philadelphia were claiming to have run the corner of 2nd and Ritner. They were two brothers.

SonsofLiberty

Unread post by SonsofLiberty » August 31st, 2011, 7:21 am

So to clarify, there ARE gangs in Philly but there are no copycat gangs in the city. Meaning that niggas don't copy the habits and styles of other cities like NYC does.
It's mostly neighborhood gangs or Mob with various alliances and beefs running throughout. For instance, Richard Allen is currently beefing with Penn Towne in Northern Liberties. The scary thing about Philly to most outsiders is the randomness of the murder that goes on. Niggas in the city have quick tempers and are bloodthirsty + easy access to guns.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » September 5th, 2011, 12:36 pm

SonsofLiberty wrote:So to clarify, there ARE gangs in Philly but there are no copycat gangs in the city. Meaning that niggas don't copy the habits and styles of other cities like NYC does.
It's mostly neighborhood gangs or Mob with various alliances and beefs running throughout. For instance, Richard Allen is currently beefing with Penn Towne in Northern Liberties. The scary thing about Philly to most outsiders is the randomness of the murder that goes on. Niggas in the city have quick tempers and are bloodthirsty + easy access to guns.
My understanding is that Philladelphia had a huge gang scene up until the mid 80's. These gangs were neighborhood based and were often named for street corners like 12th and Poplar, 21st and Westmoreland etc. That era is long gone but Philadelphia gangs are still based on streets, projects and corners not national gangs like Crip, GD's etc.

SonsofLiberty

Unread post by SonsofLiberty » January 22nd, 2012, 3:05 pm

Yeah, Philly gangs are mostly based on what block/projects/corner/neighborhood you came from or are affiliated with.
For instance, my crew 5th & Poplar

The last biggest gang that I knew of was Richard Allen Mob. They used to have shootouts with the FBI & Police. Most of their membership is
dead now or in Prison, including one of their founders (snitch Tommy "Butta" Hill) who was killed not too long ago.

But like I mentioned before, guns are everywhere in Philly! Assault Rifles, machine guns, grenades, all types of shit like that is easy to find
and you can guarantee that most people are armed in the city.