Say bye to the 4th amendment

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
MzFlorez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Everywhere

Say bye to the 4th amendment

Unread post by MzFlorez » June 27th, 2011, 6:30 pm

According to the 4th amendment, a police officer may not search or seize an individual or his or her property unless the officer has a valid arrest warrant, a valid search warrant, or a belief rising to the level of probable cause that an individual has committed a crime.

The recent decision on a court case stemming from a drug case out of Kentucky could potentially amend the constitutional right. The Supreme Court, in an 8-1 decision, said police officers who knock on a door in search of illegal drugs and then hear sounds suggesting evidence is being destroyed may break down and enter without a search warrant. Do you realize what this means? If the police are in YOUR neighborhood investigating a drug crime and hear you moving around inside your house they can just break the door down and search without a warrant even if you are not engaged in any illegal criminal activity. All they need to do is *HEAR* shuffling around inside. If you were taking a shit and they hear the toilet flush its just cause to just break in and search. This is the true essence of a police state where no longer does government focus on crimes, they focus on anythign and anyone with full authority of the highest courts to just reek havoc on our constitutional safeguards.

I hope one day ALL the gangs get smart and join forces. Fucking civil war. Maybe that will make the government PAY ATTENTION.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Say bye to the 4th amendment

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 27th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Where the hell did you see that?

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » June 27th, 2011, 10:06 pm

If all police officers did their job correctly, we wouldn't need changes like this

MzFlorez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MzFlorez » June 27th, 2011, 11:44 pm

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 27th, 2011, 11:59 pm

I heard about this because there was an incident where someone was flushing drugs down the toilet, destroying evidence, but now all the drug dealers have to do is build a fortified door for their bathroom, so when the cops come in they could be in the bathroom flushing down the evidence, but if the cops are smart, they would cut off water to a place before they raid it.

I wonder if the police ever cut the water off prior to a raid.

MzFlorez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MzFlorez » June 28th, 2011, 12:16 am

They are probably too stupid to figure that one out on their own. They will eventually start using this with basic know and talks. They knock on the door and hear a toilet flush..thus giving them the probable cause (according to this fucked up court) to just bash in the door and search through the home. I hate cops. The stories...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 28th, 2011, 12:35 am

I was surprised that the court ruled that way, now the police can "claim" they heard noise to justify a breach in an apartment so many people may possibly get their door knocked in with out a warrant.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » June 28th, 2011, 12:56 am

As if cops didn't already have enough leeway to bend the rules, if only they would obey the oath they swore by. obviously there's good cops out there and policing is necessary but the injustice they've put among the same people they swore to protect are all too common. so great, now we basically got cops with bounty hunter rights, that's all we needed. how about weeding out all the criminals with badges as much as possible instead and actually giving them proper sentencing for their crimes.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » June 28th, 2011, 10:53 am

This is the type of shit that brought me to sg.com because there is so much knowledge to be learn from it, sometimes, i th@nk sg.com for shyt like dis i woulda never known, or nobody else either!! Its almost july and this is the first post on it......

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » June 28th, 2011, 4:16 pm

MzFlorez wrote:According to the 4th amendment, a police officer may not search or seize an individual or his or her property unless the officer has a valid arrest warrant, a valid search warrant, or a belief rising to the level of probable cause that an individual has committed a crime.

The recent decision on a court case stemming from a drug case out of Kentucky could potentially amend the constitutional right. The Supreme Court, in an 8-1 decision, said police officers who knock on a door in search of illegal drugs and then hear sounds suggesting evidence is being destroyed may break down and enter without a search warrant. Do you realize what this means? If the police are in YOUR neighborhood investigating a drug crime and hear you moving around inside your house they can just break the door down and search without a warrant even if you are not engaged in any illegal criminal activity. All they need to do is *HEAR* shuffling around inside. If you were taking a shit and they hear the toilet flush its just cause to just break in and search. This is the true essence of a police state where no longer does government focus on crimes, they focus on anythign and anyone with full authority of the highest courts to just reek havoc on our constitutional safeguards.

I hope one day ALL the gangs get smart and join forces. #%@&#%@ civil war. Maybe that will make the government PAY ATTENTION.
This kind of stuff has always existed.Say if a cop is pursuing a criminal ,and he suspects or sees the criminal running into a house or a cul de sac, he can search the premises inside the private property, because it is called engaging in'' hot pursuit''.

Now what defines hot pursuit is a tricky subject.

Cops can even pull this move when they make a 911 call and a robbery victim makes a claim that the robbers have went into this building or that house. It can happen when a cab driver claims they were not paid by customers, they call the cops to have them search the houses without any circumstantial evidence.

The police have made an illegal search on my home for one of these same bullsh!t reasons.

MzFlorez
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MzFlorez » June 28th, 2011, 4:31 pm

Just dont flush the toilet when you hear the door bell cause you never know. Soon, the court will justify cavity searches for walking *different*.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » June 29th, 2011, 7:14 am

In NYC they already included under listed reasons a beat cop can stop and search an individual, "furtive movements". If that's not purposely vague I don't know what is

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... _for_t.php

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » November 2nd, 2011, 10:18 pm

~J~ wrote:As if cops didn't already have enough leeway to bend the rules, if only they would obey the oath they swore by. obviously there's good cops out there and policing is necessary but the injustice they've put among the same people they swore to protect are all too common. so great, now we basically got cops with bounty hunter rights, that's all we needed. how about weeding out all the criminals with badges as much as possible instead and actually giving them proper sentencing for their crimes.
I co-sign 100%

Cold Bear wrote:In NYC they already included under listed reasons a beat cop can stop and search an individual, "furtive movements". If that's not purposely vague I don't know what is
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... _for_t.php
so if i just got off a long muhfuccin shift at work and my feet hurt they can search me?
they make it real easy for a muhfucca to get in trouble.
but when somebody need help they gotta go fill out forms and wait in line and shit.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 13th, 2013, 3:09 am

Now Obama is tapping people's fone who have nothing to do with terrorism, criminal activity, etc. No more 4th amendment .

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 13th, 2013, 9:14 am

Obama just left the Bush shit continue...he didn't stop the very shit he and Biden complained about in 2008. No worries though he will have more people take the fall. As a two term it is about legacy...they can't touch dude.