MS graffiti in Philadelphia

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

MS graffiti in Philadelphia

Unread post by alexalonso » June 16th, 2011, 3:37 pm

I received a recent email about MS graffiti in Philadelphia
We have recently had a rash of MS-13 tags in South Philadelphia,
including cross-outs of other tags. In addition, some of the MS-13
tags have been crossed out and MCP was tagged over them.

Was wondering:

1) Is anyone aware if there is a real MS-13 presence in Philadelphia,
or if this is just the work of copycats or wannabes?
2) What does MCP stand for -- possibly Mexicans Causing Panic?-- and
is there a documented rivalry between these two groups?

Thanks in advance for any information.

SonsofLiberty
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Re: MS graffiti in Philadelphia

Unread post by SonsofLiberty » July 9th, 2011, 5:38 pm

MS in South Philly? Hell naw! MS have not made any inroads in Philly at all, in any part of the city.
Ricans and Dominicans dominate as far as hispanic gangs are concerned. And South Philly is filled to the brim with warring black gangs, asian gangs and the Philadelphia mob, making it mostly impossible for them to establish a presence. The way Philly gangs work is much different from LA or even NY, Philly gangs are mostly, strictly Philly based and put heavy emphasis on where you live and where you're from. A gang that's not originally from the area, trying to establish a presence there would be turned on by every gang close to it. I've seen various MS tags elsewhere along with in parts of New York City where there is no gang activity at all (I can email you the pictures of the tags and of the neighborhood to prove it). I think it's just an MS member or two, passing through throwing a tag up when no one is looking. As far as MCP, although there is a large enough mexican population in Philadelphia, there really are no mexican gangs in the city.

SonsofLiberty
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Re: MS graffiti in Philadelphia

Unread post by SonsofLiberty » July 9th, 2011, 5:44 pm

And if you really want to see some Philly gang activity, go to the Penn Towne projects around 7th & Spring Garden in Northern Liberties or go a few blocks west across 9th street into the Richard Allen housing. I'd advise you be extremely careful if you do plan to do that though, those two hoods are beefing right now, but it'll give you a clear picture of what gang life is like in Philly. Also, Erie avenue, Lehigh Avenue, Broad & Girard, there are a couple other places but I'm not gonna get into any further detail right now. Philly gangs and gangmembers do not put an emphasis on letting people know who or what is going on so be careful with your questions and what kind of questions you ask.

Watch these series of clips by BBC reporter who went into a hood in Philly to get an idea of how people react when someone is asking so many questions. I'm sure you already know what to do as you've been doing it for a min. but still, even though he was with the police he wasn't disrespectful to the people and even was in defense of some people while they were getting arrested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSX0CXjz ... l-2EddIBkI