KODY "MONSTER" SCOTT's book who read it what did y

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
cribboy
What city do you live in now?: richmond

Re: KODY "MONSTER" SCOTT's book who read it what did y

Unread post by cribboy » March 10th, 2009, 3:38 am

Link to purchase book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08021 ... gangs06-20

i read the book but when is monster kody gettin out of prison ???????????

joker69
What city do you live in now?: Zurich

Unread post by joker69 » March 10th, 2009, 1:08 pm

i'm not a book worm as usual, but this book was amazing. I read the hole bock and i steped really into the theme.

Great book!

freegbizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by freegbizzle » May 27th, 2009, 10:50 am

monster is a real good read go get it if you dont have it.

thadude
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: santa monica

Unread post by thadude » February 16th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Yeah I liked that book. I read it 2 times.
I also checked out Can't Stop Won't Stop on imdb.com, it said the release date was 2009. not much info on it though.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » December 29th, 2011, 12:08 pm

I've been reading this book again recently and wondering what happened to some of the characters who were in it.Does anybody know?
I know monster is in jail but what about lil GC,lil Crazy De,Diamond,Huckabuck,Joker was arrested for killing mumbles from rollin 60s,was he convicted?
Stagalee,Crazy Keith etc.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 3rd, 2012, 12:58 pm

dinky wrote:I've been reading this book again recently and wondering what happened to some of the characters who were in it.Does anybody know?
I know monster is in jail but what about lil GC,lil Crazy De,Diamond,Huckabuck,Joker was arrested for killing mumbles from rollin 60s,was he convicted?
Stagalee,Crazy Keith etc.
Someone on here posted the prison penpal website of one of the guys who is in there for life for killing two girls after a drug deal went bad. I forgot who it was though, ill try to find it for you.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 3rd, 2012, 1:05 pm

Got it:

http://www.inmate.com/inmates/deautridenard.htm

This is what he was convicted for if i remember correctly.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » January 3rd, 2012, 2:30 pm

Thanks for that Sentenza, i've seen this before on a full documentary and i was aware that Big Crazy De was serving life without parole.Thanks again though for taking the time i appreciate it.

nfc90210
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by nfc90210 » July 21st, 2012, 6:45 am

Does anyone know what happened to Fat Rat, a crip gang banger who is featured in Kody Scott's book and is described as a predatory prison rapist who even read books on slavery to learn more about the psychology of breaking people?

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » August 9th, 2012, 5:40 pm

nfc90210 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Fat Rat, a crip gang banger who is featured in Kody Scott's book and is described as a predatory prison rapist who even read books on slavery to learn more about the psychology of breaking people?
RIP

EuroTrash

Unread post by EuroTrash » November 19th, 2013, 4:55 am

I think we can lay to bed now if the book is true or not.If u look at the story's of Big Evil of the Swans and that guy from Toonerville it's pretty much the same as Monsters life.As for what the book did.It set a standard for whats hard and what not.It set standard of what a gang suppose to be.Or can be.

elOriginalMartinez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: East Los

Unread post by elOriginalMartinez » November 19th, 2013, 8:25 am

Coup wrote:
nfc90210 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Fat Rat, a crip gang banger who is featured in Kody Scott's book and is described as a predatory prison rapist who even read books on slavery to learn more about the psychology of breaking people?
RIP
question - Fat Rat from Hoover got killed

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » November 20th, 2013, 5:25 pm

elOriginalMartinez wrote:
Coup wrote:
RIP
question - Fat Rat from Hoover got killed
Which one? One of them was killed. Supposedly by a 40 according to the internet but I have been told an eastsider got him. Not sure which. Not sure if the one resting is the one in the book either. Some that I have spoken to do not believe the BS in Sanyika's book but the stories have been floating around about him being the one popping booties so who knows. A Groove can confirm which one is dead though.

Supposedly another well known reputable in the Monster book was so disliked/disrespected that his littles changed their names.

elOriginalMartinez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by elOriginalMartinez » November 20th, 2013, 5:35 pm

monster does have extras on it...

but there is some real incidents that went down in his book,

for example - when he got blasted, by whom and where is on the money

I guess he didnt think his book was gonna go thru the ringer by his gang/enemigos peers

If I ever wrote a book, i'd have to put in some my personal losses (getting packed out, getting shot) to demonstrate I'm keepin it real, it cant be "Im smashing constantly and no one can see me"

If I wrote I was walking around all the time with an enemigos severed limb :mrgreen: ...

well u know where Im going with this

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 21st, 2013, 8:46 am

Like i said you can bet your ass that all of the incidents that he hasnt been convicted of or that were inflicted upon him are made up or changed so much that you dont recognize them anymore.

Say what you want about him but he is a smart guy who wont go to jail for life over coincidental confessions he would make in a book just to brag and boast.
He knew that a thousand cops would go through that book to find something they can pin on him to lock him away for good.

I have no doubts that he did stuff similar to the stories mentioned in the book.

If he was just a clown without a reputation making up stories no one would have noticed him and people who dont like him wouldnt be so pissed off by his book.
They would have ignored or not even noticed him.

EuroTrash

Unread post by EuroTrash » November 22nd, 2013, 2:29 am

U know them cops were looking for days in old murder cases with an amputated arm right?Hahaha.There has been a documentary on Discovery Channel with the founders of the ETG Crip gang.Sidewinder and Bacot.They also talk about the war with the Rollin 60 and about Monster.Even Alonso didn't knew Sidewinder.Also the part that the Rollin 60 ran over there homeboys head with a car is true.There is a news article in the Legend section off streetgangs forum where an ETG member says that that was the first homicide he saw.

elOriginalMartinez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by elOriginalMartinez » November 23rd, 2013, 1:00 am

EuroTrash wrote:.There has been a documentary on Discovery Channel with the founders of the ETG Crip gang.Sidewinder and Bacot.w.
do you have a link for that? ^

SaintJasinTheArtist
What city do you live in now?: pasadena

Unread post by SaintJasinTheArtist » January 16th, 2014, 5:52 am

I know Sanyika. By my tag he knows me too, he is an intelligent dude... But, however, no one pushes up on me and tells me how to live... Especially in 1750, where we strike solo. Love you Kody, absorbed your book before I met you...but jasin always runs his own. Proved it soo many terms...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » March 19th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Monster is a very intelligent dude...

Very charismatic as well.

Slick and calculated.

I liked the Autobiograohy, it is the trail blazer of crip/blood gang books. No one has been able to duplicate it. Definitely historic as far as opening up about the Crips.

Theres a good reason why he hasn't answered about cutting off a limb. That's just not true, but that's what most authors do to help sell a book, help make the title a perfect fit.

Good book overall.

alexau
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: alabama

View the latest post

Unread post by alexau » May 26th, 2016, 12:26 pm

ALONZO:Does anyone know about this book? It is supposed to be about the new world order. ANd about the Bushs, not sure though.

Hey man didnt read the post just your Question but here is an answer with in a question ....What is your Pedigree Got be A 33 thats degrees if you want a answer from me...dont go through the board if you know the ANSWER go two the 2nd Chapter the Black Side ...Not the Jim Crow Section either ......You Know what I said I trust

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: View the latest post

Unread post by alexalonso » May 27th, 2016, 1:29 am

alexau wrote:ALONZO:Does anyone know about this book? It is supposed to be about the new world order. ANd about the Bushs, not sure though.

Hey man didnt read the post just your Question but here is an answer with in a question ....What is your Pedigree Got be A 33 thats degrees if you want a answer from me...dont go through the board if you know the ANSWER go two the 2nd Chapter the Black Side ...Not the Jim Crow Section either ......You Know what I said I trust

what book?