Denied Visa because of Tattoos - El Salvador

Mexico and El Salvador has received the most international recognition for street gang development as a result of US deportation, but other countries in South & Central America & the Caribbean including Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti [d'Haïti], Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico [Estados Unidos Mexicanos], Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru [Perú], Puerto Rico, Suriname, Uruguay, Venenzuela and many other islands in the Caribbean.
EVee
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Denied Visa because of Tattoos - El Salvador

Unread post by EVee » May 6th, 2011, 1:47 pm

I would like to know if anyone here or if someone knows of anyone that went through something similar to us;

My husband went to el salvador for his immigrant visa interview. He had been in LA for 3 years, never been arrested, no criminal records. He has no criminal record in el salvador either.

They denied his visa because the consular officer suspects that he might be gang affiliated.

The reason for this is because of his tattoos. Now, he dosent have gang tattoos. the tattoos he has are of the salvadorian flag (middle part) a clown, the letters E S for el salvador. the consular officer misinterpreted the tattoos and they think that if you turn the E around then it becomes a M. They also said his tattoos are one of the worst they have seen. total BS, but whatever!

My question is do any of you know of anyone that went through this and was able to reverse the denial and got the visa approved.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Denied Visa because of Tattoos - El Salvador

Unread post by alexalonso » March 19th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Hire a good immigration attorney and have the attorney hire a gang expert that can interpret the tattoos accurately. that may help.