LA Times article on RPB

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

LA Times article on RPB

Unread post by Proverbz » December 22nd, 2011, 9:18 pm

Here's an article about the valley RPB (Real Pinoy Brothers) in 1995.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-07-04/ ... ng-members

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: LA Times article on RPB

Unread post by triplethreat » December 23rd, 2011, 3:30 am

^Asian Bad Boys.. I remember them. They had a click in OC back in the days. They died out years ago. Interesting article.. I wonder how far back RPB goes. And when did they first migrated to LA from the Bay area? I've seen some people on the internet still rep that. But doesn't seem like they're too active.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » December 23rd, 2011, 9:49 pm

They're still active, in a minor way, in carson. On that blood tip, they've swapped the "Brothers" in their name for "blood"

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California

Unread post by Proverbz » December 24th, 2011, 6:59 am

triplethreat wrote:^Asian Bad Boys.. I remember them. They had a click in OC back in the days. They died out years ago. Interesting article.. I wonder how far back RPB goes. And when did they first migrated to LA from the Bay area? I've seen some people on the internet still rep that. But doesn't seem like they're too active.
i think RPB came down to LA in the late 80's early 90's setting up a hood in the valley first. i like how in the article they said the gangsters were "GQ'd up" lol. yeah i remember in the mid 90's in the valley, a lot of asian g'z were on some dress to impress type of shit. ABB was a gang in the valley that every asian kid wanted to join just because of the name. it was funny that asians around that time were getting a rep for being troublemakers and Asian Bad Boys just seemed like the perfect name. other races were tryna hop on the asian gangbangin bandwagon so you would see white boys and mexicans having long bangs, wearing baggy jeans and white vans. maybe that was just a valley style. from what i heard, ABB and ABS/Z were not related but were cool with each other. when ABB started dying out some of them joined ABS/Z.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 24th, 2011, 9:49 am

Proverbz wrote:
triplethreat wrote:^Asian Bad Boys.. I remember them. They had a click in OC back in the days. They died out years ago. Interesting article.. I wonder how far back RPB goes. And when did they first migrated to LA from the Bay area? I've seen some people on the internet still rep that. But doesn't seem like they're too active.
i think RPB came down to LA in the late 80's early 90's setting up a hood in the valley first. i like how in the article they said the gangsters were "GQ'd up" lol. yeah i remember in the mid 90's in the valley, a lot of asian g'z were on some dress to impress type of shit. ABB was a gang in the valley that every asian kid wanted to join just because of the name. it was funny that asians around that time were getting a rep for being troublemakers and Asian Bad Boys just seemed like the perfect name. other races were tryna hop on the asian gangbangin bandwagon so you would see white boys and mexicans having long bangs, wearing baggy jeans and white vans. maybe that was just a valley style. from what i heard, ABB and ABS/Z were not related but were cool with each other. when ABB started dying out some of them joined ABS/Z.
abb and abs/z didn't get along.

they had beef up until abb died out.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 24th, 2011, 9:51 am

interviewing for that article was probably the last gangbanging rpb did in the valley. :lol:

rpb died out around that time.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » December 24th, 2011, 2:46 pm

ABB in OC back then was around for a quick minute. In Jr. High, early HS days I had two friends from there. I always thought ABB in OC was from Westminster or GG. The two guys I knew and their homeboys were all Viet. Back then I think they made more of an impression off their name then actually doing dirt. I don't really remember any big moves they made. They probably died out because most heads quit the banging scene all together or just joined other gangs.

Sounds like the whole Asian gangbanging scene in the Valley was similar to OC. Back in the early 90's the Asian's had a rep, were making noise and doing dirt. Where I grew up kids would talk about not messing with the Asian's cause they'll shoot you, haha. There were a few guys who stood out and made a name for everyone else. Those few gave the others courage to do the same. In south OC it was Asian kids who people were talking about. At the time it was definitely popular to be Asian. All the other races copied our steez just as much as we copied theirs.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 24th, 2011, 4:11 pm

triplethreat wrote:ABB in OC back then was around for a quick minute. In Jr. High, early HS days I had two friends from there. I always thought ABB in OC was from Westminster or GG. The two guys I knew and their homeboys were all Viet. Back then I think they made more of an impression off their name then actually doing dirt. I don't really remember any big moves they made. They probably died out because most heads quit the banging scene all together or just joined other gangs.

Sounds like the whole Asian gangbanging scene in the Valley was similar to OC. Back in the early 90's the Asian's had a rep, were making noise and doing dirt. Where I grew up kids would talk about not messing with the Asian's cause they'll shoot you, haha. There were a few guys who stood out and made a name for everyone else. Those few gave the others courage to do the same. In south OC it was Asian kids who people were talking about. At the time it was definitely popular to be Asian. All the other races copied our steez just as much as we copied theirs.
ABB in the valley was pretty big. they probably were the biggest before the 90's.

funny thing is when Asian Boys first came out in the mid to late 80's , they were being confused for asian bad boys. especially by the cops who didn't know the difference between the older abb and the upstart abs.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » December 27th, 2011, 1:17 pm

RPB in the Valley, RPB in Carson...not sure if they were supposed to be connected or not but if I remember right they dont get along (at least back then). Carson RPB still around but low key just like everything else. I still see their hit ups from time to time, especially on Figueroa running down from Carson St, and the 110 N on-ramp. The 110 was the hood bulletin board back in the day, keep you up to date with whats going on in Carson haha.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 27th, 2011, 6:25 pm

SB Tisoy wrote:RPB in the Valley, RPB in Carson...not sure if they were supposed to be connected or not but if I remember right they dont get along (at least back then). Carson RPB still around but low key just like everything else. I still see their hit ups from time to time, especially on Figueroa running down from Carson St, and the 110 N on-ramp. The 110 was the hood bulletin board back in the day, keep you up to date with whats going on in Carson haha.
a guy from valley rpb started carson rpb.

at least that's what i heard back in the days. true or not. not sure.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » January 22nd, 2012, 8:08 pm

Huh, interesting. I remember smoking with a couple RPB back in the day at Calas Park, homeboys were talking bout having beef with Valley RPB "cause they were blue ragging" or some shit. Later another RPB (older dude) told me that all RPB sets in Cali was supposed to be connected. Go figure?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » March 23rd, 2012, 9:23 am

SB Tisoy wrote:Huh, interesting. I remember smoking with a couple RPB back in the day at Calas Park, homeboys were talking bout having beef with Valley RPB "cause they were blue ragging" or some shit. Later another RPB (older dude) told me that all RPB sets in Cali was supposed to be connected. Go figure?
i don't remember rpb claiming color in the valley. they were the wannabe gq type asian g's from back then. a lot of nautica and banana republic and stuff like that.

they didn't cholo out like satanas and abz did in the valley.

up in frisco i don't know.

the carson rpb must have gotten swept up in the carson thing. most of the carson asians/samoans are bloods over there no?

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » April 9th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Lol, the GQ fad...I remember that. RPB down here has red ragged since ever, but I think theyre carrying it over from the NorCal RPB who I hear also sported red. Yea in the late 90s all the homegrown Carson pinoy gangs flagged red except for UB/Doobies. In the 2000s it went colors all the way, the youngsters putting extras on it saying blood this blood that or cuhz this cuh that. The only cholo-ized pinoy gang from Carson was CPC who was quieting down a lot by the late 90s.

Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 682 » May 30th, 2012, 11:38 pm

SB Tisoy wrote: I still see their hit ups from time to time, especially on Figueroa running down from Carson St, and the 110 N on-ramp. The 110 was the hood bulletin board back in the day, keep you up to date with whats going on in Carson haha.
hahah even up until last year for a minute, that 110 on ramp was like that. BNG hit it up, then RPB, then BNG, and back and forth. its been pretty clean this year so far tho

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SB Tisoy » July 22nd, 2012, 5:22 pm

682 wrote:
SB Tisoy wrote: I still see their hit ups from time to time, especially on Figueroa running down from Carson St, and the 110 N on-ramp. The 110 was the hood bulletin board back in the day, keep you up to date with whats going on in Carson haha.
hahah even up until last year for a minute, that 110 on ramp was like that. BNG hit it up, then RPB, then BNG, and back and forth. its been pretty clean this year so far tho
Yeaaaa, the whole damn thing was covered. BNG getting crossed out by RPB and back again, then OG started hitting up too. I was laughing cuz one day I saw some RPB crossed out OG (they supposed to get along), then OG went all nuts with the krylon crossing out everybody and covered up the remainder haha.

Not so much this year. I saw some "Carson BNG?" hit ups on that small hispanic market on Carson St across from UCLA Harbor Medical and on a bus stop. RPB hit up on a gas pump at that Shell on Vermont.