EURO 2012

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

EURO 2012

Unread post by punamusta » June 6th, 2012, 7:12 am

Only two days and the tournament will begin. What do you think? Spain will be strong, but I think also Germany and Netherlands have a chance. Italy sucked against Russia couple of days ago, so it's hard to say how good they are when the real games start. England and France might have a chance, too.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/index.html

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: EURO 2012

Unread post by alexalonso » June 6th, 2012, 1:16 pm

punamusta wrote:Only two days and the tournament will begin. What do you think? Spain will be strong, but I think also Germany and Netherlands have a chance. Italy sucked against Russia couple of days ago, so it's hard to say how good they are when the real games start. England and France might have a chance, too.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/index.html
Italy will recover and will compete to the end.

natur
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Cassalla

Unread post by natur » June 8th, 2012, 4:02 am

as a german of course i have to say that we will make it this year, we have a really great team,
but there is a big defense problem

i dont see italy going further than the quarter finals, they are not on the same level as their 2006 world cup team
netherlands is strong as allways, but as allways they wont win the tournament, same with england
i think poland will be strong, because it is their home euro, and they have these 3 guys from dortmund

but punamusta is right it is really hart to say how good or bad they are when the real games start.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 8th, 2012, 8:23 am

natur wrote:
i dont see italy going further than the quarter finals, they are not on the same level as their 2006 world cup team
netherlands is strong as allways, but as allways they wont win the tournament, same with england
i think poland will be strong, because it is their home euro, and they have these 3 guys from dortmund
Yea, I kinda see it the same way. Italy today is not the same as they used to be - even though they are always a good team. But now, all those betting scandals and Italy's manager saying that they can stay off the tournament if others want, etc. All these things must have had an effect on their preparation for the tournament. And the earthquake in Northern Italy that caused their team to miss an important training match... They really have had a difficult preparation for this tournament.

And about Poland... Yes, I also think that Poland will be the big surprise of this tournament. They're playing home and they really have a good, potential team. And there's always that one team that will surprise all. I really think that this time it will be Poland.

But Natur, damn you got a hard group to overcome! Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark. Not a single easy match coming for you. Your group is easily the most hardest group in this tournament.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 8th, 2012, 2:36 pm

I am going all in for a final between spain and germany. Germany will make it. We have a very good and talented team in their early 20s.
Last world cup they destroyed England and Argentine and they were still rookies. Talented but rookies.
I say they have their best times as a team still ahead of them.
But i also think that one of the eastern european teams will make it far, because of their homefield advantage. Since i watched Russia vs. Czech Republic today ill say Russia. They were pretty good.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 9th, 2012, 12:41 am

Russia dominated out of Group A. and Poland & Greece played to a 1-1 ties.

natur
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by natur » June 9th, 2012, 3:09 am

poland was disappointing, they started strong, but fell off hard,
russia was good,but in the finals i think they will have problems, because they are weak and slow in the defense
and i dont think that their strong offense can balance that out

about germany and spain im with sentenza, and this time we have to beat them, the only acceptable thing for germany is the championship, if we fail i want a new coach and i quess i am not the only one

today our group is playing, im so nervous it aint even funny, its getting harder for me each tournament..... one day i am gonna die by a football triggered heart-attack

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 9th, 2012, 4:58 am

natur wrote:poland was disappointing, they started strong, but fell off hard,
russia was good,but in the finals i think they will have problems, because they are weak and slow in the defense

about germany and spain im with sentenza, and this time we have to beat them, the only acceptable thing for germany is the championship, if we fail i want a new coach and i quess i am not the only one

today our group is playing, im so nervous it aint even funny, its getting harder for me each tournament..... one day i am gonna die by a football triggered heart-attack
LOL, i can relate to that. Spains Team is pretty old already so i think our chances of beating them are getting better by the year.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 9th, 2012, 8:35 am

True. Poland was kind of a disappointment. But not as much as the referee, hahah. Heard that in his last four La Liga matches, he gave 28 cards. He obviously loves to give cards for a slightest reason.

And Russia was good, but I also think that they are too slow. But who knows, maybe they go far just because of their offense.
alexalonso wrote:Russia dominated out of Group A. and Poland & Greece played to a 1-1 ties.
Do you see these games in US, Alex? Good to see that Americans like football/soccer!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 10th, 2012, 12:25 am

punamusta wrote:
True. Poland was kind of a disappointment. But not as much as the referee, hahah. Heard that in his last four La Liga matches, he gave 28 cards. He obviously loves to give cards for a slightest reason.

And Russia was good, but I also think that they are too slow. But who knows, maybe they go far just because of their offense.
alexalonso wrote:Russia dominated out of Group A. and Poland & Greece played to a 1-1 ties.
Do you see these games in US, Alex? Good to see that Americans like football/soccer!
I have to watch them streaming off the internet in languages I dont understand. I do think they show them here in the United States, but you have to pay for certain channells, but most Americans do not like futbol, and do not respect the sport, but I love it. I love to play it, I love to watch the 90 mins of the battle, and I love listening to Spanish announcers, they got much personality. Also my two sons play it.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 10th, 2012, 4:34 am

alexalonso wrote:
I have to watch them streaming off the internet in languages I dont understand. I do think they show them here in the United States, but you have to pay for certain channells, but most Americans do not like futbol, and do not respect the sport, but I love it. I love to play it, I love to watch the 90 mins of the battle, and I love listening to Spanish announcers, they got much personality. Also my two sons play it.
There are also english streams.

Sometimes i watch arabic ones, they get all riled up like the spanish announcers too, lol.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 10th, 2012, 8:03 am

Sentenza wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
Should be, yes.

Here's some sites that I use when I watch football via stream:

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?p ... e=football
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/
http://atdhenet.tv/
http://mypremium.tv/
http://www.stream2watch.me/

And then there is British ITV-channel ( http://www.itv.com/ ) that offers a good quality streams for people in Britain, but with a Google Chrome's Proxy Switchy! -program it can be vieved in any country. Just put the proxy to 109.123.126.253 and port 8080 and it works.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 11th, 2012, 6:42 am

Sentenza wrote:LOL, i can relate to that. Spains Team is pretty old already so i think our chances of beating them are getting better by the year.
Well, so did I think before I watched the German match and the Spanish one. Man, they are still playing a good one, still better than Germany. We don't play fast enuff for Spain, this is gonna cause us some major trouble. I think Russia is gonna get far, Holland is gonna fail and Italy is stronger than I thought. Let's see what the 2nd round brings up!

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 11th, 2012, 11:12 am

Man, do I hate Roy Hodgson or what! England - France; easily the most boring football match I've seen in a long, long time. Fucking Hodgson did the same when he was coaching our national team couple of years ago. He only cares about the defense, the defense, the defense, so it's always atleast 8 players under the ball. Always. Every team he coaches plays this disgusting anti-football where his team only defense. Minds me the Greece from the 2004 Euro. I truly hope England won't proceed from their group.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 11th, 2012, 11:28 pm

I totally agree to that. I watched every match so far and I must say that most of them were kinda boring. But man, did you watch Ukraine vs. Sweden? That was a hell of a match! That is football at it's best! I truly hope the 2nd and 3rd rounds are becoming more intense...

natur
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by natur » June 12th, 2012, 12:35 am

punamusta wrote:Man, do I hate Roy Hodgson or what! England - France; easily the most boring football match I've seen in a long, long time. #%@&#%@ Hodgson did the same when he was coaching our national team couple of years ago. He only cares about the defense, the defense, the defense, so it's always atleast 8 players under the ball. Always. Every team he coaches plays this disgusting anti-football where his team only defense. Minds me the Greece from the 2004 Euro. I truly hope England won't proceed from their group.
year this anti-football is disgusting, fuck hodgson and everybody who is ruining football with this ...

i really dont know what to think right now, it is even harder to say who will proceed their group than before
and im allready focused on our match vs netherlands tomorrow, i think it´s gonna be a hard as fight, if the dutch lose they are out

so yeah Wolf i hope and i think too that the 2nd and 3rd rounds are becoming more intese, it is getting serious now

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 12th, 2012, 8:03 am

HungryWolf wrote:I totally agree to that. I watched every match so far and I must say that most of them were kinda boring. But man, did you watch Ukraine vs. Sweden? That was a hell of a match! That is football at it's best! I truly hope the 2nd and 3rd rounds are becoming more intense...
Yea, I've watched every match, too. And I agree, Ukraine - Sweden was probably the best match so far! And it was nice to see Shevchenko doing those goals. He's a true legend and it must have felt good to him to make those goals in front of his home crowd. And of course, whenever Sweden lose, it's always a good thing, hah-hah.

I'm sure the next rounds will be more intense. It always goes like that in these kind of tournaments. From now on certain teams cannot lose anymore. Like tomorrow Netherlands - Germany. Netherlands cannot lose that one, so I'm sure it will show in their play.

But what about today's Poland - Russia? Will be a war, and not only on the field. Their fans seem to hate each others.

natur
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by natur » June 12th, 2012, 9:28 am

punamusta wrote:But what about today's Poland - Russia? Will be a war, and not only on the field. Their fans seem to hate each others.
i heard that the polish fans were rioting in front of the hotel where the russian players stayed last night, so they couldnt sleep well

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 12th, 2012, 10:19 am

Got some news today from the frontline. A good troop of few Germans (60-70 lads) are around there. They had some lesser fights with the Polish ppl. But the dominant masses are coming from Russia. They caused some trouble during their last match, so stay tuned for tonight.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 13th, 2012, 1:56 pm

natur wrote:
punamusta wrote:But what about today's Poland - Russia? Will be a war, and not only on the field. Their fans seem to hate each others.
i heard that the polish fans were rioting in front of the hotel where the russian players stayed last night, so they couldnt sleep well
ESPN showed some footage of this on the television last night.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 13th, 2012, 1:57 pm

Sentenza wrote:
alexalonso wrote:

Sometimes i watch arabic ones, they get all riled up like the spanish announcers too, lol.
Do you know where they stream it in Arabic. I would love hear it, but do they even follow whats going on in Europe.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 14th, 2012, 10:20 am

alexalonso wrote: Do you know where they stream it in Arabic. I would love hear it, but do they even follow whats going on in Europe.
Yep. Arabs are fanatics when it comes to soccer.

They celebrate the world cup just like everyone else, they just pick favorite teams from other countries.

Those were scenes that took place in lebanon in 2006.

Fans of Germany

http://www.11freunde.de/sites/default/f ... 13413h.jpg

Tripoli, Libya

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9v09G4XLuXk/T ... G_1551.jpg

Beirut:

http://www.beirutnightlife.com/wp-conte ... a_288.jpeg

I ll post an arabic stream later...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 15th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Here is a arabic stream. I didnt try it out during a game though, just found it and they are showing the post game discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Euro-201 ... 9723658325

dubbel
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Malmoe

Unread post by dubbel » June 16th, 2012, 3:29 am

Damn shame we couldnt beat England last night. First defeat against England since the sixties. Will be rooting for Germany for the rest of the tournament now.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 16th, 2012, 8:21 am

alexalonso wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
alexalonso wrote:

Do you know where they stream it in Arabic. I would love hear it, but do they even follow whats going on in Europe.
Heres the link without facebook

http://aflam4you.tv/channel/68-aljazeerasport%20+9.html

Also it should be here:

http://www.ar.aljazeerasport.tv/?WT.mc_id=swf_ajsnet

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 17th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Great score by Cristiano Ronaldo from Portugual against the Netherlands with only 16 mins left to take a 2-1 lead. Watching on ESPN on Time Warner Cable in the US. Not sure if I am watching the game live but it is 1:22 PM Pacific Standard Time.

dubbel
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dubbel » June 18th, 2012, 1:07 am

I think you were. Los Angeles time is 9 hours behind central European time I think.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 20th, 2012, 1:33 am

dubbel wrote:I think you were. Los Angeles time is 9 hours behind central European time I think.
so that match was finishing up at 10:30 pm ?

dubbel
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dubbel » June 20th, 2012, 9:48 am

Yes about that time. The late matches start at 8.45 pm our time.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 24th, 2012, 4:19 pm

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 30th, 2012, 8:40 am

alexalonso wrote:
I guess you knew what you were talking about. Hope you put a bet on Italy going to the finals :)

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 4th, 2012, 5:17 pm

punamusta wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
I guess you knew what you were talking about. Hope you put a bet on Italy going to the finals :)
I never bet, I have never wagered a bet on sports Spain beat them though,