MAP: South Los Angeles gangs 1978 (Rollin 60s, ETG, Hoovers)

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

MAP: South Los Angeles gangs 1978 (Rollin 60s, ETG, Hoovers)

Unread post by alexalonso » December 12th, 2012, 8:36 pm

Hoovers, 60s and Eight Tray Gangsters are among the main gangs in Los Angeles in 1978.
Attachments
1978-southla-gang-map.jpg
1978 Gang Map of South LA
1978-southla-gang-map.jpg (192.32 KiB) Viewed 13969 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: MAP - South LA gangs in 1978

Unread post by alexalonso » December 12th, 2012, 8:41 pm

- i wonder why the map maker didnt put 74 and 83 for the Hoovers and only wrote Hoover Crips in that area.
- he had the 60s Crips going north to Vernon back then
- None of the East Coast Crips were identified, only 62 Crips, Shack Boys, E/S Crips, etc.
- Never heard of Lil Winos, but that area had 18th Street, not sure if that was a click of 18th Street but that became King Blvd for 18th Street

dubbel
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Malmoe

Re: MAP: South Los Angeles gangs 1978 (Rollin 60s, ETG, Hoov

Unread post by dubbel » December 13th, 2012, 3:50 am

Who made this map? Lapd?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 13th, 2012, 8:51 am

dubbel wrote:Who made this map? Lapd?
Someone in the LA Sheriff Department, Wes McBride gave them to me back in 1999, but I forgot the name of the person.

dubbel
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Malmoe

Unread post by dubbel » December 13th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Ok. I noticed it has ETG northern border at florence. Didn´t Monster live on 69th?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 13th, 2012, 1:06 pm

dubbel wrote:Ok. I noticed it has ETG northern border at florence. Didn´t Monster live on 69th?
thats a good point. Since ETG started on 83rd Street this area was definitely their original turf area, and they just simply grew to the north. Perhaps the Hoovers were not that visible either. When I see Monster, I will ask him about that.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » December 13th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Alot of hoovers werent even thought yet, like i was telling folks, i did think 52 was old, but actually they are new aswell.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » December 13th, 2012, 7:18 pm

52 has roots back before turning Hoova. The connection with BGC goes back as well. During the 80's 52 carried alot of weight. Everybody knows about the ones Monster mentioned in his book, but some of those dudes were major players both hustling and banging.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » December 13th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Oh ok i didnt know that at all.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » December 14th, 2012, 7:51 am

alexalonso wrote:- i wonder why the map maker didnt put 74 and 83 for the Hoovers and only wrote Hoover Crips in that area.
- None of the East Coast Crips were identified, only 62 Crips, Shack Boys, E/S Crips, etc.
- Never heard of Lil Winos, but that area had 18th Street, not sure if that was a click of 18th Street but that became King Blvd for 18th Street
First of good lookn on uploadn this map...if you upload the rest we can discuss that too

-I always wondered about when the VNGs got started but i think they were out by 78, maybe the 60s overshined them
-There was no Eastcoast Crip in 78....they started Eastcoast one or two years later so they were just the 6 Duces and Shack Boys

-i really wonder why they left out the Brims...they were still a mayor force in 1978 and the fact that they killed the officer makes me whonder why they forgott them
-The fact that the Swans still had they south west part of they hood proves the theory that the 84 main streets broke off the swans
-the 4 Tray hood must c a mistake because there isnt even a 43rd street where they put em
-The outlaws south of the pueblos proves the theory that there was a 60 Outlaw hood who got took over by 59ECC by bethune park
-Bounty Hunters were never north of Century...i read the book of one of they founders and when he spoke about Will Rodgers park, he said that that the Hunnaz were south of the park and the crips had the other 3 sides
-The Eastside Crips later turned into Front and back Street Crips

-There was a few other big Hoods that were in the area by 1978 but got left out
-Avalon Gardens
-90s Gangsters (now R'90s NHC)
-Walnuts (now 87Gangsters)
-

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 14th, 2012, 9:45 am

H572DSTA wrote:
alexalonso wrote:- i wonder why the map maker didnt put 74 and 83 for the Hoovers and only wrote Hoover Crips in that area.
First of good lookn on uploadn this map...if you upload the rest we can discuss that too

-I always wondered about when the VNGs got started but i think they were out by 78, maybe the 60s overshined them
-There was no Eastcoast Crip in 78....they started Eastcoast one or two years later so they were just the 6 Duces and Shack Boys

-i really wonder why they left out the Brims...they were still a mayor force in 1978 and the fact that they killed the officer makes me whonder why they forgott them
-The fact that the Swans still had they south west part of they hood proves the theory that the 84 main streets broke off the swans
-the 4 Tray hood must c a mistake because there isnt even a 43rd street where they put em
-The outlaws south of the pueblos proves the theory that there was a 60 Outlaw hood who got took over by 59ECC by bethune park
-Bounty Hunters were never north of Century...i read the book of one of they founders and when he spoke about Will Rodgers park, he said that that the Hunnaz were south of the park and the crips had the other 3 sides

-Avalon Gardens
-
Good analysis, dont know why the LA Brims are not on the map. How does a gang cop miss the brims? I never heard of 60 Outlaws. What were they?

Other than no East Coasts, there were no gangs called "Bloods" yet in 1978. The media often called them the anti-crips, but this map and other parts show no Bloods, they were allied though but they hadnt put the Blood it yet.

BlueMoon
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueMoon » December 14th, 2012, 11:17 am

I have a gang map from 1972. The only gangs on there is East Side Crips,West Side Crips, Compton Crips, Inglewood Crips, Avalon Gardens Crip,Piru Gang, Brims, Family,Bounty Hunters, Denver Lane, Exterminators, Figueroa Boys and the Bishops. This map left out too many sets that were already known by 1978.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 14th, 2012, 11:35 am

BlueMoon wrote:I have a gang map from 1972. The only gangs on there is East Side Crips,West Side Crips, Compton Crips, Inglewood Crips, Avalon Gardens Crip,Piru Gang, Brims, Family,Bounty Hunters, Denver Lane, Exterminators, Figueroa Boys and the Bishops. This map left out too many sets that were already known by 1978.
I have that map too, from the 77th Division i think. I dont think it left out too many, I would say just a few. Missing sets:

- LA Brims
- Avalon Gardens

what else
- Fig Boys were already play out
- Ingwood Crips became Imperial Crips

BlueMoon
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueMoon » December 14th, 2012, 12:10 pm

I don't know if this is the whole map. If it is I don't see Athens Park, Harlem, NHB, Florencia 13, or VNG who were all active in 1978

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 14th, 2012, 1:10 pm

BlueMoon wrote:I don't know if this is the whole map. If it is I don't see Athens Park, Harlem, NHB, Florencia 13, or VNG who were all active in 1978
Its not the whole map, Athens, Harlem and Florence are on the big map, but Van Ness should be on the map. Not sure if VNG was out in 1978 though.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 15th, 2012, 3:51 am

[quote="H572DSTA"][quote="alexalonso"]- i wonder why the map maker didnt put 74 and 83 for the Hoovers and only wrote Hoover Crips in that area.
- Never heard of Lil Winos, but that area had 18th Street, not sure if that was a click of 18th Street but that became King Blvd for 18th Street[/quote]

-Avalon Gardens
-[/quote]
very acurate analysis also note the 80's who were a mix race gang was named ochentas in the map also the avalon village who were jimel barnes hood was the original turf were the og cribs were meeting so my opinion is that es crips on the map is the og set and hood were jimel raymond banged and claimed so it was es crips and avalon garden was a blocc inside of their hood like u have willmington arms but its pvcc the hood name back then when i read jimel interview about the original formation of the crips he was mentioning walking down from avalon garden to raymond crib were ray exposed his concept to him from the cradle to the grave chitty chitty bang bang ect ect so it sound like avalon was inside east side crip hood very interresting map and comment from the k gang homie

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 15th, 2012, 12:23 pm

H572DSTA wrote:
-
The Swans and Main Streets were definitely links in the early 1970s. The both have the initials MS, Mad Swan and Main Street, but I thought that Swans had broke off from Main Street.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 18th, 2012, 12:51 am

a lot of mistakes..

Stops 60's at Crenshaw

Pushes IFG into L.A to Hyde Park

Pushes Hoovers to Western rolling right over the Menlos and Brims

Pushes 60's all over VNG hood, they were Van Ness Boys/Brims at the time

Puts 4 Trays in 52 Hood

not identifing ECC is about right, its a 1979/1980 creation after Raymond Washingtons Death....

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 18th, 2012, 1:00 am

xxx wrote:a lot of mistakes..

Stops 60's at Crenshaw

Pushes IFG into L.A to Hyde Park

Pushes Hoovers to Western rolling right over the Menlos and Brims

Pushes 60's all over VNG hood, they were Van Ness Boys/Brims at the time

Puts 4 Trays in 52 Hood

not identifing ECC is about right, its a 1979/1980 creation after Raymond Washingtons Death....
- Maybe in 1978 the 60s didnt push all the way to West Blvd. If they did, maybe to an outsider mapping, the heart of their hood went to Crenshaw.
- You are right about Hoovers going to Western. The Brims should be right there.
- Not sure when the VNGs came out. Possible they were not out in 1978. If they were "Boys" the mapper probably didnt think they were relevant
- Yes, 43 was a big mistake
- Were the Menlos out in 1978, I dont think they were.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » December 18th, 2012, 1:18 am

Alonso, 60s always pushed to hyde park period point blank on west blvd, but IFG once had all the way down to crenshaw and florence bordering at the time 83 vs ifg war too florence was a death zone for everybody actually hyde parkangeles.starts. in somewhat inglewood but ends or at or around hyde park the street i never found the ending or start of the nearest la commnity..n the 80s we still had beef but still managed at the time to push INTO la while warring hard with the 60s and back and forths with 83 whoch is crazy because 20+ years later 60s pushed across florence now upto undisputed 75th, certain aves changes demographics. And whats crazy is that we dont beef woth 83 at all now....60s was doing theythang before the last 5yrs lol i can laugh but they still manage to hold acrross florence wat was FIRST THEIRS, TAKEN AND THEIRS AGAIN. respect on that history

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » December 18th, 2012, 1:25 am

Hard to post from fone some sentences were put infront of another. 8ts hard on the fone ><

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » December 18th, 2012, 1:28 am

Hyde park

Starts from crenshaw and 76th down to hyde,park and crenshaw??? xxx?

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 18th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Van Ness Boys aka Van Brims aka Van Ness Gang was out before 1978, out before the 60's.

OOOGs Big Cat, Motor Mouse, Crazy Cat, Stacey Bullock, Pinkie, Warlock, Looney, Waco, Bill Smith, Dolla De, Milky, Banker T, etc...off the top of my head.... all first & second generation Sixtys that grew up and lived West of Crenshaw/ West of West Blvd....1970s Original Bangers......

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 18th, 2012, 10:22 pm

add OOOG Steve O & OOOG Steal Bill to the list above......

Bill Smith is the first Sixty RIP (1976)
Tyrone the Second (1979)

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 23rd, 2012, 12:03 pm

Do u have the rest of the Map?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 24th, 2012, 1:41 am

xxx wrote:Do u have the rest of the Map?
Yeah !!!it would animate the forum on old school topic wich is the best

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 6th, 2013, 7:40 pm

xxx wrote:Do u have the rest of the Map?
I'll post another section of the map

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 6th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Raymond Washington and Stanley Tookie Williams will very relevant in 1978. Raymond was still claiming ES Crips, but her was killed the following year in 1979.

Tookie went to jail in 1979 too. After they were gone, alot of changes occurred.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 7th, 2013, 2:13 pm

What does it say to the left of White Fence? Never knew they were in South Central L.A.

Who the hell are Lil Winos? Did they possible turn into Tiny Winos, which became a clique off 18t Street? That would make more sense

I would say this map is somewhat accurate for 1978 but its missing a gang of hoods & borders are shaky

Was this supposed to mostly black gangs

Cus why isn’t Florencia 13 and South x Los on this map? They’re Original South LA varrios

way bigger than Ochentas ever was

No more Jordan Down Crips???

If not they were don’t they have WVG Crips? later known as Grape St Watts ~ WBLC

What year do you all give East Coast Crips? Isn’t there a news article from 1979 with ECC?

Its mind blowing to me how East Coast could blow up so quick and have more numbers than Hoovers by the mid-1980s

“Coast Crips Most” was one of their sayings when I first started doing time /torcido…. they used to yell out in the mid-1980s

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 16th, 2013, 3:41 am

The area where Lil Winos is marked is the same area where 18th Street claimed. I have a 1981 map that has 18th Street in that same area.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 16th, 2013, 9:22 am

alexalonso wrote:The area where Lil Winos is marked is the same area where 18th Street claimed. I have a 1981 map that has 18th Street in that same area.
that makes more sense

so I was right, they did turn 18th Street Tiny Winos clique

or the jura who made that map said, "fuck it... Lil Winos and Tiny Winos means the same thing" :mrgreen:

Im telling you, back around 1986 I went down there w one of my close homeboys who's primos are all from 18th St

they had that whole are sowed up back... big ass block busters on the walls: XV111 Street

& I recall seeing TWS = Tiny Winos hit up

i also recall seeing 18th St...54 Locos

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 21st, 2013, 3:22 pm

alonso

u need to put the rest of that 1978 map up ^

stir the pot up in this mothafucka :P