Which religion killed more people?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Which religion killed more people?

Unread post by alexalonso » October 2nd, 2012, 4:07 pm

is this poster true?
Attachments
islam-poster.jpg
islam-poster.jpg (56 KiB) Viewed 25635 times

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Re: Which religion killed more people?

Unread post by youngspade » October 2nd, 2012, 5:08 pm

alexalonso wrote:is this poster true?
Wow, i dont know the signs of which religions are which..

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » October 3rd, 2012, 8:29 am

Most of these figures are not correct, because there is no way you can measure them. There is no real reliable daa from that time so there are only estimates which should be treated very cautiously.
No one can count how many people were killed where and when and all too often figures like these are abused for political purposes.
You also have to differentiate between normal conquests of empires and killings in the name of religion.
Otherwise you would have to say that for example the people in Afghanistan were killed in the name of Jesus.
That claim would be absurd of course. Same goes for the conquests of islamic empires. People mix up politics and religion to stigmatize their opponents.
The 80 million figure is based on a work by Indian historian Kishori Saran Lal who claimed that between 1000 and 1500 the population in India decreased by 80 Million.
However there is no evidence that supports this theory. Most historians have come to a totally different conclusion, that Indias population rose during that period of time by 55 Million people.

See page 2, the chart on the upper right:
http://www.ined.fr/fichier/t_telecharge ... sh_394.pdf

Also i am pretty sure that there have never been 270 Million jews, not even in a long period of time. If someone would have killed that amount of jews there would have been none left.

At the end of the day i would say that christianity and islam are even when it comes to killings in the name of religion.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 5th, 2012, 6:55 am

L.o.l.it starts off with "ISLAM RELIGION OF PEACE"... what a joke.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » October 7th, 2012, 1:00 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:L.o.l.it starts off with "ISLAM RELIGION OF PEACE"... what a joke.
Id say any religion mixed up with politics and a sense of aggressive proselytization makes causes massive problems.
As a private source of ethics, morals and a belief system that one uses to explain the deeper meaning of life i have nothing against any religion whatsoever. AS long as its kept on an individual and not political level neither islam nor christianity is violent.

CamStovall87
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: Davidson

Unread post by CamStovall87 » October 7th, 2012, 4:21 pm

This can't be a serious. The answer is christianity. More Afrikans have been murdered in the Atlantic slave trade than all the figures in the picture combined. Then you look at the Crusades and that number climbs even higher. And the extermination of the Tanzanian people and you can just stop cointing. That pic was probably created by a Christian who refuses to look at their own history.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 7th, 2012, 7:37 pm

CamStovall87 wrote:This can't be a serious. The answer is christianity. More Afrikans have been murdered in the Atlantic slave trade than all the figures in the picture combined. Then you look at the Crusades and that number climbs even higher. And the extermination of the Tanzanian people and you can just stop cointing. That pic was probably created by a Christian who refuses to look at their own history.
I dont think of all the African slaves that came to north and south America as a religious movement. That was a capitalistic movement, so I am not sure if one can consider ALL slave killed in the name of religion.

Scooby318
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: Shreveport

Unread post by Scooby318 » October 8th, 2012, 7:13 am

Not all African slaves were trafficked by Christians.

The Arab slave trade was brutal in North Africa. We gotta remember that Islam is not native to Africa and was spread there when Arabs conquered northern Africa by force. They also took many African brothers into slavery. Look at is what is happening in Darfur right now with the Muslim government sponsoring genocide against non-Muslim Africans. My problem with Black Muslims in America has always been how some look at Arabs as our 'brothers'. Historically, they never loved black people and never considered themselves your 'brothers'.

Both Christianity and Islam destroyed African ways of life. Thing is, Muslims tend to ignore this fact or just turn a blind eye.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 11th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Stalin and Hitler combined killed between 25 - 30 million people in the name of NO religion. If you look at leaders in the last 50 to 100 years that committed mass murder, most times it had nothing to do with religion. Rawanda I believe had nothing to do with religion, but Bosnia in the early 1990s may have been a religious genocide.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » October 12th, 2012, 2:14 pm

alexalonso wrote:Stalin and Hitler combined killed between 25 - 30 million people in the name of NO religion. If you look at leaders in the last 50 to 100 years that committed mass murder, most times it had nothing to do with religion. Rawanda I believe had nothing to do with religion, but Bosnia in the early 1990s may have been a religious genocide.
The worst mass murderers in history were atheist dictators in the 20th century.
Even though they established almost religious cults towards them. They replaced traditional religion with a cult of them being a messiah/leader and a set of rules which had to be followed like a religion.
Nazism or Stalinism or Maoism etc.
Neither Christianity nor Islam have ever shown such hostility against mankind like these guys.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 15th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Sentenza wrote:
alexalonso wrote:Stalin and Hitler combined killed between 25 - 30 million people in the name of NO religion. If you look at leaders in the last 50 to 100 years that committed mass murder, most times it had nothing to do with religion. Rawanda I believe had nothing to do with religion, but Bosnia in the early 1990s may have been a religious genocide.
Even though they established almost religious cults towards them. They replaced traditional religion with a cult of them being a messiah/leader and a set of rules which had to be followed like a religion.
Neither Christianity nor Islam have ever shown such hostility against mankind like these guys.

I don't believe Hitler was an atheist. Even a quick search will show that he had some religious views:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitl ... ious_views
That doesn't necessarily prove he was a Christian or a follower of any one religion but he wasn't an atheist.

Where as Stalin may have been an atheist neither of these men killed in the name of atheism. These men, like all men who kill fellow men in masses use excuses for their reasoning. Stalin and Hitler (Mao, Kim Jung, etc..) who don't kill in the name of a religion seem to have clearer motivates, they just want to rule over other men. Where as religious people who kill just use the guise of religion as their excuse. At least with dictators, it seems pretty clear they see themselves as better men then others. They want to rule over people and feel they can do a better job at it then you, and if you're against that it's pretty clear they want you dead. That's some megalomaniac shit. Those are just glorified bullies.

Religious leaders will say it's gods will, or that god told them to do it, or that the bible, koran, etc.. says that if you're not a follower you must die. THAT is some scary shit. That's some mental issues where you fully believe a supreme cloud being is telling you in some cryptic way that everyone who doesn't believe in said cloud being must die or at the very least is going to burn in some eternal hell fire because they don't believe in the all supreme cloud being. Those are kids who never grew up to realize their imaginary god friend doesn't exist.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » October 18th, 2012, 1:46 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
I don't believe Hitler was an atheist. Even a quick search will show that he had some religious views:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitl ... ious_views
That doesn't necessarily prove he was a Christian or a follower of any one religion but he wasn't an atheist.
Actually Hitler was a total weirdo on religious stuff. He contradicted himself very often. On many occasions he expressed his total dislike of all religions and when it meant an advantage he praised them (like with the catholics, islam and japanese Taosim, all of which were his direct or indirect allies, the Ustasha in Croatia, Japan and some Muslims on the Balkans and in Palestine who fought the British)
EmperorPenguin wrote: Where as Stalin may have been an atheist neither of these men killed in the name of atheism. These men, like all men who kill fellow men in masses use excuses for their reasoning. Stalin and Hitler (Mao, Kim Jung, etc..) who don't kill in the name of a religion seem to have clearer motivates, they just want to rule over other men. Where as religious people who kill just use the guise of religion as their excuse.

At least with dictators, it seems pretty clear they see themselves as better men then others. They want to rule over people and feel they can do a better job at it then you, and if you're against that it's pretty clear they want you dead. That's some megalomaniac shit. Those are just glorified bullies.

Religious leaders will say it's gods will, or that god told them to do it, or that the bible, koran, etc.. says that if you're not a follower you must die. THAT is some scary shit. That's some mental issues where you fully believe a supreme cloud being is telling you in some cryptic way that everyone who doesn't believe in said cloud being must die or at the very least is going to burn in some eternal hell fire because they don't believe in the all supreme cloud being. Those are kids who never grew up to realize their imaginary god friend doesn't exist.
Yea, but ideological dictators do exactly the same. They kill in the name of race, class and say like Hitler said, if the german race doesnt conquer the world it is inferior and deserves to get wiped out. He believed us to be some kind of higher creature then others destined to reule the world and him being the leader of that mess.
That in my eyes is the same scary pathological ass shit as with the religious nuts. As a matter of fact it is very similar to them. And Mao or Stalin were along those lines too, only that they came from a different ideological background of course and replaced race with class and other terms of Nazi ideology or religious ideology with communist terms.
The enemy is the infidel that doesnt join or believe in communism. All those totalitarian megalomanic experiments that we still witness today work along the same lines of reasoning i believe.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » October 18th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Dammit wheres the edit button?

*He believed us to be some kind of higher creature than others, destined to rule the world and him being the leader of that mess.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » October 18th, 2012, 3:51 pm

@Alonso- I'm not sure but I don't think that the Bosnia incident was a religious issue either? I think that was based on racial or cultural differences. I think it was almost like the Hitler and the Jews. It seemed that Malosavich had the same mind set as some of the people named throughout this topic (ie. Hitler, Stalin, polpot.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 19th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
@Alonso- I'm not sure but I don't think that the Bosnia incident was a religious issue either? I think that was based on racial or cultural differences. I think it was almost like the Hitler and the Jews. It seemed that Malosavich had the same mind set as some of the people named throughout this topic (ie. Hitler, Stalin, polpot.

You might be right. I just recalled that there were Muslims being killed there, but I dont remember the details or the motives behind Milosivic and his goons.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » October 19th, 2012, 5:10 pm

The situation in the balkans is pretty complex. You have catholic Croats, muslim bosnians and orthodox serbs. All of them have been enemies for a pretty long time (even though lots of people have been getting along too). Religion became a factor entrenching ethnic historical conflicts between the Ottoman Muslims, the orthodox and the catholic church.
Religion and ethnicity is somewhat mixed up on the balkans. Its a microcosm for itself.
And they have developed a deep hatred for each other because of things they have done to each other in the past.
And at certain points of history all sides have engaged in murder and mayhem.
Milosevic tried to evict and annihalate bosnian muslims from bosnian territory taht was claimed for serbians. Bosnia is very divided demographically when it comes to religion. And they have always been trying to drive each other out.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 2nd, 2012, 7:11 am

there's heavy propaganda against islam now checc history who's behind hitler who founded the nazi ???you will find prescott bush and his religion is satanism disguised in false freedom

hAbo
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by hAbo » January 10th, 2013, 10:37 am

that map of bosnia you showed is silly.. serbians dont have that amount of territory + we get well off we dont hate each others.

the light blue and light green colored territory is bosnian federation, the pink colored is republika srbski...
in boath ways this is all bosnia ...
I know dude, i live there ;)

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 17th, 2013, 3:14 am

Scooby318 wrote:Not all African slaves were trafficked by Christians.

The Arab slave trade was brutal in North Africa. We gotta remember that Islam is not native to Africa and was spread there when Arabs conquered northern Africa by force. They also took many African brothers into slavery. Look at is what is happening in Darfur right now with the Muslim government sponsoring genocide against non-Muslim Africans. My problem with Black Muslims in America has always been how some look at Arabs as our 'brothers'. Historically, they never loved black people and never considered themselves your 'brothers'.

Both Christianity and Islam destroyed African ways of life. Thing is, Muslims tend to ignore this fact or just turn a blind eye.
HELLO!! That's some truth 4 u right there. So Farrakhan & nem exchanged 1 slave master's religion 4 another. Ain't that ironic!!!!!Except that 1 'religion' is true!!

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 17th, 2013, 3:23 am

Sentenza wrote:
Wow. I never thought I would see Sentenza type anything like this.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 17th, 2013, 3:26 am

alexalonso wrote:is this poster true?
I think it is. And counting.........

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 19th, 2013, 6:19 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
Thats because you have very narrow categories of people and i dont fit into them.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 25th, 2013, 11:34 pm

Sentenza wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
Thats because you have very narrow categories of people and i dont fit into them.
Nah, u fit into them. Believe me, you're not an exception. Still a surprise though.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 26th, 2013, 2:10 pm

TarHeelRED wrote: Nah, u fit into them. Believe me, you're not an exception. Still a surprise though.
Which one am i in then? So far you have been off target.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 27th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Sentenza wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote: Nah, u fit into them. Believe me, you're not an exception. Still a surprise though.
U struck 1st b/c u were dogmatic about me having people in narrow categories. So u tell me how many of these narrow categories are there that I put people in. If I do do what u have accused me of doing, how many of these narrow categories are there that I purportedly place people in & what are the categories?
1 thing is certain though, if what u say is indeed true, GOD knows how many categories there is that I place people in. YHVH God also places people in categories: my 2 favorites are:
1. Those who have faith in Him & His Word- Believers
2. Those who don't have faith in Him & His Word- Non-believers.
I'll let u decide what category you're in although I have long ago divined which 1 of these categories u fit in.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 28th, 2013, 9:15 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
U struck 1st b/c u were dogmatic about me having people in narrow categories. So u tell me how many of these narrow categories are there that I put people in. If I do do what u have accused me of doing, how many of these narrow categories are there that I purportedly place people in & what are the categories?
1 thing is certain though, if what u say is indeed true, GOD knows how many categories there is that I place people in. YHVH God also places people in categories: my 2 favorites are:
I'll let u decide what category you're in although I have long ago divined which 1 of these categories u fit in.
Thats even worse then i thought. You only have two categories. I believe in God, but definitely not the one you are describing.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » January 28th, 2013, 4:46 pm

To answer the question Christianity....

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 29th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Sentenza wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
Thats even worse then i thought. You only have two categories. I believe in God, but definitely not the one you are describing.
Senten: U believe in 'a' god, NOT thee GOD, with a capital g. Belief or 2 believe is mental assent: Faith is placing TRUST in Thee God, i.e. 2 save u. That's the difference. James 2:19: "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils (demons) also believe, and tremble." The demons & even Satan himself 'believes' in Thee One God. But they don't TRUST in Him.
And by your own admission, u don't trust in thee God Who has described Himself and gave His plan 2 save all of mankind in the Holy Bible. U are an atheist my friend. U have rejected Thee God & contrived your own god in your mind. Is the god u believe in u? What's the name of the god u say u believe in?
Btw Senten, I'm not offended because u said I categorize people and because I trust in the God of the Holy Bible. 2 trust in the God of the Holy Bible & 2 reject all other gods is narrowminded I will admit, a good narrowmindedness albeit. But the beautiful thing about narrowmindedness when it comes 2 Thee God & the Holy Bible, is that Jesus- God the Son- Himself is also narrowminded: Matthew 7:14: "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." John 14:6: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but (except) by me." Just because u don't believe nor trust in Thee God of the Holy Bible doesn't make Him nonexistent, a fable, or not God. Your choice 2 lack faith makes u an infidel. Jesus died & rose 4 every sin we would ever commit except 4 infidelity- unbelief & not trusting in Him & His Word.

hAbo
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by hAbo » January 29th, 2013, 7:22 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:
Scooby318 wrote:Not all African slaves were trafficked by Christians.

HELLO!! That's some truth 4 u right there. So Farrakhan & nem exchanged 1 slave master's religion 4 another. Ain't that ironic!!!!!Except that 1 'religion' is true!!
Don't forget that americans had slaves two ??? ... also no offense but jews wouldent even have a country if the US gave palestina to you... they also gave bosnian srebrenica to the serbs and made a how u say 2.nd stage country republic serbska in bosnia ... but they still terrorize the area of afganistan even if they dont belong there.. face it america sucks .. some day the russians, koreans or iranis will put strike you down ...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » February 7th, 2013, 6:34 pm

TarHeelRED wrote: Senten: U believe in 'a' god, NOT thee GOD, with a capital g. Belief or 2 believe is mental assent: Faith is placing TRUST in Thee God, i.e. 2 save u. That's the difference. James 2:19: "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils (demons) also believe, and tremble." The demons & even Satan himself 'believes' in Thee One God. But they don't TRUST in Him.
And by your own admission, u don't trust in thee God Who has described Himself and gave His plan 2 save all of mankind in the Holy Bible. U are an atheist my friend. U have rejected Thee God & contrived your own god in your mind. Is the god u believe in u? What's the name of the god u say u believe in?
Btw Senten, I'm not offended because u said I categorize people and because I trust in the God of the Holy Bible. 2 trust in the God of the Holy Bible & 2 reject all other gods is narrowminded I will admit, a good narrowmindedness albeit. But the beautiful thing about narrowmindedness when it comes 2 Thee God & the Holy Bible, is that Jesus- God the Son- Himself is also narrowminded: Matthew 7:14: "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." John 14:6: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but (except) by me." Just because u don't believe nor trust in Thee God of the Holy Bible doesn't make Him nonexistent, a fable, or not God. Your choice 2 lack faith makes u an infidel. Jesus died & rose 4 every sin we would ever commit except 4 infidelity- unbelief & not trusting in Him & His Word.
ok, lets discuss this like gentlemen.
the bible is not proof at all for anything. the bible is what it is and you cant take any scripture as proof for itself to be true. that way i could say mao tse dong was right. just read the mao bible.
if you use logics to argue for god, like aristotelian essentialism or thomas of aquins scholastics, or averroes then you could make a point.
but quoting the holy scripture that claims to be word of god to prove it is word of god is circular reasoning and not convincing at all unless you simply shut down your mind and believe whats been passed on to you for fear of using your own mind and maybe coming to different results.
Thats blind faith. Thats what helped messing up this world. If you think it will get you to heaven to just quote passages of the bible, go for it.
I refuse to believe that the firmamentis a solid roof over the world as claimed in the bible unless satellites are a big hoax.
I dont think that the earth was built in 7 days. Too much proof against this.
There are countless other things and quoting the bible wont convince me either.
You can include the Torah and the Quran into this and all these other holy scripts.
Hell i even go as far as saying, that a god that wants me to be his cheerleader better tells me himself, because i dont care about "he say she say" rumors what god told supposedly someone thousands of years ago.
If he doesnt tell me himself i consider the stuff man made.

This kept in mind the religious slaughter committed in the name of all religions was man made too, it would have happened with or without religion, cant blame jesus or muhammad or moses for that.
The killing has been going on before them and will go on after everything is forgotten.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 7th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Sentenza wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:
No reply Senten?
Sentenza wrote:ok, lets discuss this like gentlemen.
the bible is not proof at all for anything. the bible is what it is and you cant take any scripture as proof for itself to be true. that way i could say mao tse dong was right. just read the mao bible.
if you use logics to argue for god, like aristotelian essentialism or thomas of aquins scholastics, or averroes then you could make a point.
but quoting the holy scripture that claims to be word of god to prove it is word of god is circular reasoning and not convincing at all unless you simply shut down your mind and believe whats been passed on to you for fear of using your own mind and maybe coming to different results.
Thats blind faith. Thats what helped messing up this world. If you think it will get you to heaven to just quote passages of the bible, go for it.
I refuse to believe that the firmamentis a solid roof over the world as claimed in the bible unless satellites are a big hoax.
I dont think that the earth was built in 7 days. Too much proof against this.
There are countless other things and quoting the bible wont convince me either.
You can include the Torah and the Quran into this and all these other holy scripts.
Hell i even go as far as saying, that a god that wants me to be his cheerleader better tells me himself, because i dont care about "he say she say" rumors what god told supposedly someone thousands of years ago.
If he doesnt tell me himself i consider the stuff man made.

This kept in mind the religious slaughter committed in the name of all religions was man made too, it would have happened with or without religion, cant blame jesus or muhammad or moses for that.
The killing has been going on before them and will go on after everything is forgotten.
Senten, U have no FAITH in Thee God & His Word my friend. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (Hebrews 11:1,3).
But obviously u have 2 have 'faith' of some other kind in something other than Thee God. Please tell me what it is in which u trust. Everybody knows what I believe in. I would say you're ambivalent, secretive (as if what u believe in is esoteric), or ambiguous in what u 'hope' 4. Please introduce us 2 your 'god'. What is his/her name?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » February 8th, 2013, 3:45 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:
What is his/her name?
I dont know man. I dont even think that for god such a thing like names or human speech exists.
Those are human categories. And i dont think that god has ever spoken to us humans.
I guess its best to call me an agnostic.