GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: GUILTY OR NOT?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: GUILTY OR NOT?

Unread post by TomTom » July 11th, 2013, 9:10 am

This case has really bothered me because it seems like it could go anyway. I hate the fact that Zimmerman followed this young teen even after he was told not to, and from there the situation straight escalated. Yes Trayvon Martin was wooping Zimmerman when he shot him but if the young brother was initially running and Zimmerman kept following him I feel like Zimmerman initiated something that could have been avoided Ya heard.
If Zimmerman was really trying to look out for his community he could have let the police handle it and let it be. But No; Zimmerman got out of line when he pursued Trayvon.
We had a very controversial situation like this in OKC when a pharmacist shot and killed two teens, but that case was a little different and in the end the white pharmacist got a life sentence for killing this baby Rollin 90 crip. I will post up that case later but first I want to know from people from all races because I want to know how folks feel about the Trayvon Martin case.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: GEORGE ZIMMERMAN: GUILTY OR NOT?

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » July 12th, 2013, 1:14 am

this case is funny.
not laugh funny but funny because i would like to know how gansta trayvon was. im sure they could find out. either trayvon was a little g or not. if he was the one in the audio tape off the 911 phone call of one of them yelling "help help" claimed by trayvons father to be him then it makes u want to shake your head because i dont care how old u are if your a little g your not yelling help like a bitch. ok. if you die, you die
ok but its possible he did yell for help that doesnt mean u turn away from the case because he was claiming to be all hood but ends up fearing for his life and yelling for help. he's still a human being.
i need that cleared up, which is which?.

and on the other hand zimmerman said that trayvon told him "your going to die tonight" Now what black teen/blackadult/blackperson would say that shit? that sounds like a straight up LIE. it sounds like zimmerman is lying!! a black person would say ima fuck u up or ima kill mothafuca or something like that

but to end this post either way no matter what happened Zimmerman should be found guilty because no one should be able to start some shit by following them for no reason and get your ass whooped by them and then be able to kill them over it. END OF STORY. zimmerman is the real bitch here

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » July 12th, 2013, 11:37 am

and on the other hand zimmerman said that trayvon told him "your going to die tonight" Now what black teen/blackadult/blackperson would say that shit? that sounds like a straight up LIE. it sounds like zimmerman is lying!! a black person would say ima fuck u up or ima kill mothafuca or something like that

lol. dog you got a point. that sounds like something John WAyne would say in an old wester movie or something..

But maybe Trayvon was not to gangsta at all ya heard me. I mean just because some one may get high and drink from time to time; i do not know if that classifies them as gangsta. Any one else got comments on this. Something tells me the prosecution is a little worried about the outcome as well.

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » July 12th, 2013, 11:46 am

May 27, 2011 1:47 PM PrintText Oklahoma City pharmacist Jerome Ersland found guilty of murder in killing of suspect
comments
inShare.1More+
EmailFacebookTwitterLinkedInDigg.PrintDeliciousRedditStumbleuponGoogle Bookmarks....By Kevin Hayes Topics Daily Blotter .
Jerome Ersland in court
/ KWTV
(CBS/KWTV/AP) - OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City pharmacist now faces life in prison with the possibility of parole after being found guilty of murder for the death of a 16-year-old who tried to rob his store.

Confronted by two holdup men in May 2009, Ersland pulled out a gun, shot one of them in the head and chased the other away. The drugstore's security camera then filmed Ersland as he went behind the counter, got another gun, and pumped five more bullets into the wounded Antwun Parker as he lay on the floor.

The 59-year-old had been hailed as a hero for protecting two fellow employees.

The Ersland jury began deliberations around 1:00 p.m. Thursday and returned with a the guilty verdict around 4:30 p.m.

The verdict stunned the courtroom. Ersland, who many hailed as a hero, sat emotionless as the guilty verdict was read. People sitting behind him were noticeably upset.

Parker's mother and her sisters were inside the courtroom most of the trial, and burst out of the room when the verdict was read. They clung to each other and cried in the hallway in an outpouring of emotion.

Erlsand was led out of the courtroom in handcuffs with deputies surrounding him. The wife of the Reliable Pharmacy owner was seen crying as she left.

She was visibly stunned that the jury chose to find Ersland guilty of murder instead of the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Judge Ray Elliott refused to lift the gag order so the prosecution, the defense, and the jury are not allowed to comment on the verdict. But we do know the jury had asked to see the surveillance video of the robbery and shooting one more time before they went up to deliberate.

Ersland will be sentenced July 11, the same day Anthony Morrison and Emanuel Mitchell will be sentenced. Morrison and Mitchell were convicted of first-degree murder and conspiracy for planning the robbery at Reliable Pharmacy.

Coverage of Jerome Ersland on Crimesider

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... 04083.html

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » July 12th, 2013, 11:50 am

I posted this one because this case was just as controversial as the George Zimmerman case. What surprised everybody is they gave the pharmacist life. You may be able to click on the link and see the actual robbery. The pharmacist shot the kid in the head and then chased off his homeboy. He came back in reloaded his gun and pumped 6 more rounds into the boy’s body. They gave dude a life sentence. Doubt Zimmerman would get all that even if he does get convicted.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 12th, 2013, 12:44 pm

I know people that have shot and killed because of similar circumstances but either received 1st or 2nd degree murder convictions, but the difference is that George Zimmerman had two excellent attorneys, that fought for George Zimmerman.

1. I think that if you believe that George Zimmerman pulled the gun out for the first time while Travon Martin was on top striking him, then it is a self defense all the way.

2. If you believe that there is no way that George could have pulled out the weapon out while Travon was on top striking him, and that he had his weapon drawn earlier, then this is 2nd degree murder.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » July 12th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Florida law is different...stand your ground...worst case for him, he gets convicted of manslaughter...all signs point to him getting off.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 13th, 2013, 12:19 am

Coup wrote:Florida law is different...stand your ground...worst case for him, he gets convicted of manslaughter...all signs point to him getting off.
i thought that the Zimmerman defense wasnt using Stand Your Ground, I thought they were using a traditional self defense. I dont trust a 6-jury systen at all. I can not believe that 6 jurors is enough to represent your peers. That should not be constitutional and I am sure in the future that 6 jury system for criminal cases will change to 12.

hitonme
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hitonme » July 13th, 2013, 11:48 am

This will actually be a bad thing if Zimmerman is found not guilty. Zimmerman might have started something that we as a society are not prepared for. Are you ready to see black men follow alleged suspicious white men in their neighborhood, follow them, and kill them? Then when cops ask the black man why they follow the white man, the black man will just say that he's just learning from Zimmerman and that he expects to get off murder. Expect everybody to see it that way.

I expect people will start doing this as soon as Zimmerman is found not guilty. It doesn't matter if he's guilty or not of killing Trayvon. He needs to be found guilty anyway for society. When murders happen now in your neighborhood or your homies neighborhood, expect the so called murderer, murderer, or murderers to use the Zimmerman defense.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » July 13th, 2013, 8:15 pm

Not Guilty!, Wow! Can't believe it.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 13th, 2013, 10:42 pm

i thought the all women jury would find him guilty of manslaughter. I guess the jury believed the story that Travon struck George Zimmerman first and continued hitting him. I don't mind the verdict, but there are so many people of color in prison for doing similar type shootings where prosecutors in LA go after these shooters with 1st degree murder charges, and because they dont have great attorneys, or squeeky clean back grounds, they are usually found guilty of 1st or 2nd degree murder where they should walk just like Zimmerman did.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

fucc amerikkk the devils country its clear ... they want a race riot ...in order to get rid of their oposition yall should unite and stand your ground against the system because they are into fuccin your constitution and your rights its time to wake the fucc up thats my 2 cents

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » July 14th, 2013, 2:57 am

What, OJ not guilty!?

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » July 15th, 2013, 6:21 am

Alonso I look at it like this. Tavis Smiley made a great point when he said “you can stand your ground unless you are a black man”.
You see when Zimmerman perused TRayvon even after 911 told him not too TRayvon initially ran. Trayvon then turned to confront Zimmerman. At that point was Trayvon not standing his ground or was he in the wrong because he was in a gated community and Zimmerman was the toy cop?
Another thing..i would bet a million dollars Zimmerman would not have chased TRayvon had he not had his gun on him.
So like Tavis Smiley said; yea you can stand your ground, unless you are a young black man wearing a hoodie in a gated community.
That young brother was beating Zimmerman to a pole or concrete to be exact until Zimmerman shot him. So who was really in the wrong? Not calling you out Alonso I am just posting comments for everyone to think about Ya heard me.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 15th, 2013, 1:16 pm

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » July 16th, 2013, 6:05 am

I noticed out of all the protests in different cities just about all of them went peaceful accept for the ones in..*DRUMROLLS..LOL..LA..Boy yall cats from LA love tearing shit up high..haha

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 17th, 2013, 2:04 am

Juror said Travon "played a huge role in his own death" because he was in a fight with George Zimmerman. Juror B-37, white female, doing an interview in a shadow, concealing her identity said George was 101 percent correct in pulling the trigger and killing Travon Martin.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 17th, 2013, 6:02 am

[quote="alexalonso"]Juror said Travon "played a huge role in his own death" because he was in a fight with George Zimmerman. Juror B-37, white female, doing an interview in a shadow, concealing her identity said George was 101 percent correct in pulling the trigger and killing Travon Martin.[/quote]
how u can be in self dfense wen u out of your property with a gun and going after somebody that didnt endanger noboodys life just was a blacc teen walkin at night ...hood watch they suposed to watch not to intervine with fire arm on a minor citizen who didnt brake no law and didnt put nobody in danger ..come on ???and also the way he shot trevon how come he didnt have no blood on him nonsense and lies he shouldnt get away with it .blank plus the man is a pedophile and women molester with history of violence

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » July 17th, 2013, 9:41 am

Alonso that statement really pissed me off to hear when I watched it on the TV. Statements like that tend to cause more chaos and uproar and that women just contributed to more anger. I can only imagine how that must have hurt Trayvon’s family to hear that being said. She even said it kind of strong as if she felt good speaking it too.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 17th, 2013, 10:41 am

TomTom wrote:I noticed out of all the protests in different cities just about all of them went peaceful accept for the ones in..*DRUMROLLS..LOL..LA..Boy yall cats from LA love tearing shit up high..haha
I've been mainly hearing about Oakland, but I do just live south of the bay. Other stuff has been on people's mind to, like Oscar Grant.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 18th, 2013, 6:25 am

alexalonso wrote:
Coup wrote:Florida law is different...stand your ground...worst case for him, he gets convicted of manslaughter...all signs point to him getting off.
i thought that the Zimmerman defense wasnt using Stand Your Ground, I thought they were using a traditional self defense. I dont trust a 6-jury systen at all. I can not believe that 6 jurors is enough to represent your peers. That should not be constitutional and I am sure in the future that 6 jury system for criminal cases will change to 12.
That's the thing, although the defense's case hinged on self defense, not SYG, there was a good deal of rhetoric and theorizing done during the trial and in the deliberation that involved or referred to the the Stand Your Ground law. By using both strategically that is, having self defense officially be the defense's approach to getting Zimmerman off, while also making reference and using the language around Stand Your Ground, they could both justify Zimmerman initiating the conflict (based on racial profiling) and then using deadly force as a civilian when he began losing the fight.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 18th, 2013, 6:27 am

alexalonso wrote:i thought the all women jury would find him guilty of manslaughter. I guess the jury believed the story that Travon struck George Zimmerman first and continued hitting him. I don't mind the verdict, but there are so many people of color in prison for doing similar type shootings where prosecutors in LA go after these shooters with 1st degree murder charges, and because they dont have great attorneys, or squeeky clean back grounds, they are usually found guilty of 1st or 2nd degree murder where they should walk just like Zimmerman did.
Most blatant case of Stand Your Ground being used unequally: Black woman who was a victim of domestic abuse and had a restraining order put on her husband, fired WARNING SHOTS, plead Stand Your Ground, and received TWENTY YEARS!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-574 ... ing-shots/

Let that sink in.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 18th, 2013, 6:41 am

TomTom wrote:Alonso I look at it like this. Tavis Smiley made a great point when he said “you can stand your ground unless you are a black man”.
You see when Zimmerman perused TRayvon even after 911 told him not too TRayvon initially ran. Trayvon then turned to confront Zimmerman. At that point was Trayvon not standing his ground or was he in the wrong because he was in a gated community and Zimmerman was the toy cop?
Another thing..i would bet a million dollars Zimmerman would not have chased TRayvon had he not had his gun on him.
So like Tavis Smiley said; yea you can stand your ground, unless you are a young black man wearing a hoodie in a gated community.
That young brother was beating Zimmerman to a pole or concrete to be exact until Zimmerman shot him. So who was really in the wrong? Not calling you out Alonso I am just posting comments for everyone to think about Ya heard me.
Exactly, some pro-zimmerman white people were clamoring about "RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE!"

Did Trayvon not have the right to self defense when he noticed a bald headed man in a truck following him? The communication w/ his friend before his death pretty much confirm he was aware and agitated by being aggressively pursued. To make matters worse, Zimmerman exited the vehicle and initiated confrontation. The fact that he was armed gave him the sense of security to do so BUT HE HAD NO TRAINING AS A POLICE OFFICER. That's what the damn police are for.

As far as the defense claiming that ZImmerman was taking the beating of his life (I like how Zimmerman showed up to trial about 50 pounds heavier, shaven, and looking much more unathletic and non-threatening) but there is no forensic evidence on Trayvon's person indicating a severe struggle. (knuckles not bloody, hands not swollen)

I think Zimmerman pretty much got away with murder and I'm still angry.

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » July 18th, 2013, 11:11 am

Yea I noticed Zimmmerman had gained a lot of weight too. And yea Zimmerman’s punk ass got away with a free murder. I bet if that whole scenario was the other way around and the black man shot and killed an unarmed white man just for trying to make it home; he most def would have gotten 2nd degree murder.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 18th, 2013, 7:18 pm

vote on the streetgangs.com Zimmerman poll, there are 4 choices. What do you think?

http://www.streetgangs.com/news/071413_ ... protest_la

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 19th, 2013, 3:56 am

what u voted ? personnally yall know my position zim k

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 19th, 2013, 6:49 am

These are the views of black residents in Los Angeles. I shot this over 3 days and it is clear where black folks in LA stand.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

Unread post by doobeez » July 20th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Coup wrote:Florida law is different...

You could've stopped right there.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 21st, 2013, 1:45 pm

Stand Your ground is wrong because it allows you to used deadly force against a perceived threat even when you have the opportunity to flee safely.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 22nd, 2013, 1:49 pm

over 50 percent on the poll so far believe the verdict was correct.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » July 22nd, 2013, 2:01 pm

^^It was.....I truly do not believe the the wanted to prosecute. This was all a show. The evidence was weak and with the law the way it is...you couldn't convict dude. I called this way before the verdict. Florida and other states will keep laws like this on the books so when loud ass Black folks that talk shit get in somebody's face it gives them a reason to shoot first and "stand their ground".

The question will be when that shit is reversed and a Black or Hispanic kills a white person what happens then.

Didn't some Black lady just get 20-years for letting off warning shots at her husband who was whooping her ass?

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » July 23rd, 2013, 5:52 am

Coup wrote:^^It was.....I truly do not believe the the wanted to prosecute. This was all a show. The evidence was weak and with the law the way it is...you couldn't convict dude. I called this way before the verdict. Florida and other states will keep laws like this on the books so when loud ass Black folks that talk shit get in somebody's face it gives them a reason to shoot first and "stand their ground".

The question will be when that shit is reversed and a Black or Hispanic kills a white person what happens then.

Didn't some Black lady just get 20-years for letting off warning shots at her husband who was whooping her ass?
@ Coup- Yes, I heard about the lady getting all of that time and not killing anyone. They said that she endangered a child that was upstairs when she fired. It's ironic that it was the female prosecutor from the Zimmerman trial that convicted her. As a result of this blatant injustice, I am encouraging all African American and Latino men without felonies to go get their concealed carry permit. Unfortunately, I am fairly certain that if the situation had been reversed, there would have definitely been a conviction in this case. America has not changed that much, even with Obama in office.