Michael Jackson converting to Nation of Islam?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Michael Jackson converting to Nation of Islam?

Unread post by wcrockets » December 18th, 2003, 10:38 am

Heard it on KFI 640am this morning on Handel in the morning show. He said Michael Jackson is converting to Nation of Islam from Jehovah's Witnesses as a result of his brother Jermain Jackson's influence who had converted to Nation of Islam previously.

I guess Farrakhan, who previously had called Michael Jackson a an “unwholesome, effeminate sissy" has decided he can help turn the boy into a man.

Now remember that Farrakhan was once a calypso singer and on his album The Charmer performs such greats as "Zombie Jamboree".

http://www.nalis.gov.tt/Biography/calyp ... rakhan.htm

It's been said opposites attract, I bet they will perform great together.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Michael Jackson converting to Nation of Islam?

Unread post by wcrockets » December 30th, 2003, 10:01 am

LOS ANGELES - Members of the Nation of Islam have begun playing a role in Michael Jackson (news)'s affairs, The Associated Press has learned, although the controversial group denies having any official part in the pop star's life.

Sources close to the Jackson camp, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the AP that Nation of Islam members have handled security at the singer's Neverland ranch and have begun taking over some of his business affairs since he was accused of committing lewd acts on a child.

The sources have been involved in Jackson's business affairs for at least a year, and each independently provided the details concerning the Nation of Islam links to the singer.

The group, which in the past has been accused of anti-Semitism and inflammatory, separatist rhetoric, issued a statement Monday after receiving inquiries from the AP and other news organizations.

"The Nation of Islam, in response to several inquiries, has said today that it has no official business or professional relationship with Mr. Michael Jackson," the statement said. "The Nation of Islam joins thousands of other people in wishing him well."

Jackson's attorney, Mark Geragos, also dismissed the reports and denied that Nation of Islam members had been working out of Geragos' office.

"They are not part of his defense," Geragos said. "I'm certainly not pushing away support from anyone, but I don't ask people what their religious affiliation is when they offer support."

Geragos acknowledged that when he held a news conference on Jackson's behalf after charges were announced on Dec. 18, one of those standing behind him was Leonard F. Muhammad, identified on the Nation of Islam's Web site as its chief of staff.

"Leonard Muhammad was there," Geragos said. "He's one of Michael's supporters."

Under the leadership of Louis Farrakhan, the Nation of Islam advocates black self-empowerment and a separate African-American state; Jackson is not a Muslim nor a member of the Nation of Islam, according to one of his brothers.

Asked about the Nation of Islam's reported role in directing Jackson's affairs, Jackson business adviser Charles Koppelman said, "It's not the case as to his music, finances and assets. I think it's primarily in security."

Koppelman, a former chief of EMI Records, and another adviser, Alan Whitman, said they remain in charge of Jackson's music and finances.

"I receive his bills and write his checks," said Whitman, an accountant. "Anything else I relate to Mr. Jackson is confidential."

Koppelman, who like Whitman has been a Jackson adviser for the past year, said he has not talked to Jackson about the Nation of Islam. "If he gets involved on a spiritual basis, that's his business," he said.

Jackson's brother Jermaine has converted to Islam but is not a member of the Nation of Islam. Asked during an appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live" whether his brother planned to convert, Jermaine Jackson said he did not.

Separately, Jackson spokesman Stuart Backerman announced his resignation Monday, citing "strategic differences." Backerman refused to comment on reports involving the Nation of Islam.

Geragos said Backerman was fired last week because he spoke to the news media during a Jackson family get-together Dec. 20 at Jackson's Neverland estate near Santa Barbara.

The event was designed to show support for the embattled singer after he was charged with seven counts of performing lewd or lascivious acts on a child under 14 and two counts of administering an intoxicating agent, reportedly wine.

"He was terminated by me personally for talking when I told him not to," Geragos said.

Backerman responded to Geragos' statement by saying, "That's untrue."

"I was the spokesman up until I just resigned. I was actively involved with management," Backerman said. While Backerman did not immediately explain the reasons for his departure, he said he left reluctantly.

"I was not fired," he said.

In the CBS "60 Minutes" interview that was broadcast Sunday, Jackson said he was "manhandled" after he surrendered Nov. 20 and was still in pain from the handcuffs.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department on Monday issued a statement reiterating its previous denial that Jackson was mistreated, saying he "was treated with courtesy and professionalism throughout the arrest and booking process."

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » April 21st, 2004, 1:15 pm

Sorry!
Last edited by sexy365 on July 16th, 2004, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 10th, 2004, 2:27 pm

shhh.. there are some people here that would not appreciate that view and really you could be more specific. Just a thought.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 15th, 2004, 6:51 pm

sexy365 wrote:THE NATION OS ISLAM AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A BUNCH OF PHONY ASS BLACKS.(I AIN'T TALKIN ABOUT ALL MUSLIMS)

SEXY365...YOU NEED TO PM ME IF YOU THINK THIS IS TRUE. YOU SPEAKING ON SOMETHING I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF.
Hit me back asap, I'm going to have talk to you, so you can delete this lie you told here.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » July 16th, 2004, 7:26 am

notice that I did say not all muslims, but still I was wrong. It's deleted and hopefully forgotten about.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 9th, 2004, 6:14 pm

MICHAEL HAS VERY SERIOUS ISSUES. I REMEMBER AN INTERVIEW LIKE 5 YRS AGO, WHEN HE SAID ELVIS CAME TO HIM AT NIGHT IN HIS DARK ROOM

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » September 9th, 2004, 7:00 pm

CHRIS wrote:MICHAEL HAS VERY SERIOUS ISSUES. I REMEMBER AN INTERVIEW LIKE 5 YRS AGO, WHEN HE SAID ELVIS CAME TO HIM AT NIGHT IN HIS DARK ROOM

How many of us can really speak on Mike? We all got some major issues,and a lot of us is just as lost as some think Mike is.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 9th, 2004, 7:06 pm

are you defending micheal jackson?

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 9th, 2004, 7:20 pm

D.X. wrote:
CHRIS wrote:MICHAEL HAS VERY SERIOUS ISSUES. I REMEMBER AN INTERVIEW LIKE 5 YRS AGO, WHEN HE SAID ELVIS CAME TO HIM AT NIGHT IN HIS DARK ROOM

How many of us can really speak on Mike? We all got some major issues,and a lot of us is just as lost as some think Mike is.
I CAN SPEAK ON THAT NIGGA CUZZ FOR 1.DEAD NIGGAS DONT VISIT ME. 2. I DONT LIKE LITTLE BOYS 3.I DONT LIVE IN A KIDS DREAM THEMEPARK. THAT NIGGA HAS THE WORST PROBLEM OF ALL. ITS NIGGAS LIKE THAT, WHICH PEOPLE CALL WACCO. HE HAS A RACIAL CONFLICT. HE FORGOT IF HE WAS WHITE OR BLACC. DOES THAT NIGGA EVEN CONSIDER THERAPY? AND AS FOR ME, IM DOIN PRETTY FINE

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » September 9th, 2004, 7:29 pm

CHRIS wrote:
D.X. wrote:

HE HAS A RACIAL CONFLICT.
I GUESS YOU SAYING MIKE DON'T LIKE HIS BLACKNESS? OH OK, AND YOU ONE OF THE ONES WHO BANGIN ON YOUR ON BLACK BROTHERS AND "HATE" SOME OF YOUR OWN BLACK BROTHERS BECAUSE THEY REP A DIFFERENT COLOR OR HOOD RIGHT? YEAH THAT MAKES SENSE RIGHT? I GUESS YOU DON'T LIKE BLACKNESS EITHER. OH AND YOU THE ONE WHO SAY YOU A "N!@#$" WHO BELIEVES IN JESUS RIGHT? YEAH YOU DOING REAL COOL, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL(YEAH RIGHT) AS I SAID MIKE IS JUST AS LOST AS SOME YA'LL THINK HE IS. STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YA'LL HEAR FROM THIS ENEMY.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 9th, 2004, 7:53 pm

JUST A QUESTION, YOU BELIEVE IN MOHAMMED? OR DO YOU LOOK UP TO HIM? WERE HELLA OF TOPIC

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » September 9th, 2004, 8:23 pm

CHRIS wrote:JUST A QUESTION, YOU BELIEVE IN MOHAMMED? OR DO YOU LOOK UP TO HIM? WERE HELLA OF TOPIC
I don't think we off topic. This thread was started off asking something that was got from the media I'm sure about Mike and I'm just saying don't believe all this enemy tell you, that's all. They started attacking Mike after a certain thing he did. I'm not even about to go there though. But we have a tendacy to diss people based on what the media says and we as Black folk should know by now to stop listening to this they BS. And besides, no matter how many things that a person list that they think is wrong with Mike, I'm sure if real with ourselves, we probably all got our own little list of issues. No disrespect to you intended brother.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 9th, 2004, 8:25 pm

I FEEL THAT THOUGH...

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » September 9th, 2004, 8:29 pm

CHRIS wrote:I FEEL THAT THOUGH...

It's cool homie but you was startin to do FO much though. LOL

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 9th, 2004, 9:55 pm

X

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 23rd, 2004, 11:22 pm