The Mexican Mafia Encyclopedia

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

The Mexican Mafia Encyclopedia

Unread post by silentwssj » December 20th, 2013, 6:57 pm

purchase book: http://astore.amazon.com/streetgangs06- ... 1936986205

"The Mexican Mafia Encyclopedia" by "Ramon Mendoza and Renee Enriquez" Is a very comprehensive book detailing all aspects of the EME. It is very long and filled with lots of facts. The authors are both drop outs from the Mob so they have first hand information. It is very new and up to date, so it covers relevant topics right now.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: The Mexican Mafia Encyclopedia

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 28th, 2013, 3:06 pm

I noticed you mentioned this has a section on mv. I also heard Ramon's book touches on mv. Does it pretty much talk about the same stuff?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » December 28th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Ramons book is from a completely different era. He defected in the 70's, if you want to know about the early EME get his book. I did a pretty good job of explaining my thoughts about his book in another section on his book. Personally I think he is full of BS in regards to his description of the NF, But hey that is just my opinion right! Everyone needs to form their own opinions and stick with them. "The Mexican Mafia Encyclopedia" is up to date and full of relevant information. Out of all the EME books that I own there are 2 that I really recommend. 1. the "Black Hand" because it gives you a personal glimpse of life in the EME from a former High ranking member! I would compare and contrast this book with "John "BOXER" Mendoza's Nuestra Famila, a broken Paradigm." If you do this you will get a good feel for both organizations from former high ranking members! 2. "The Mexican Mafia Encyclopedia" is probably the best and most recent out there right now. It is huge and covers many areas. It also covers out of state EME groups and has a compilation of mug shots showing all members from the past to the present! Good book! I do not remember 'Ramons" book really touching on Maravilla. It has been about a year since I read it though. If it does it is ancient history!

razorman55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Garden Grove

Unread post by razorman55 » December 28th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Rudog ......Silent is right. The MV section in the MME is more up-to-date than in Ramon's book. Ramon defected in 1978 which was almost 15 years before the EME started taxing L.A. street gangs. As the MME states, MV was on "green light" status for many years as the OG's schooled the youngsters about all the EME abuses perpetrated against them through the years. Today there is no longer a MV PC module in L.A. county jail because the "green light" is no longer in effect. As the MME details, there is no longer a "green light" on MV because they are now with the tax program and "Chato" Sandoval, a MV EME member is the person who personally took them off that status. "Chato" was on Death Row for four 187's out of East L.A. and had his sentence commuted to life. There are some MV pockets of resistance but those are mostly men who are still locked up or "renegades" that pose no threat to the vast MV gangs. Basically, if a MV member feels threatened upon entering LA Men's Central Jail, he knows his status is no good and when the Gang Deputy asks the question, "Is there any reason why you can't be housed in the main jail?" Well, you know what the answer is right away. If he ends up in a "special tank," then the inmate probably requested this. In prison talk they call it "locking up." Today, the overwhelming majority of MV members are housed with all Sureno gangs in LACJ and that speaks volumes. There are usually EME members out to court for long periods housed in a Gang Module and their Sureno reps collect huge taxes from the inmate population. They call it "The Program" and those who don't pay are "green lighted" immediately. The same Program is in affect in San Diego, Imperial Valley, San Bernardino, Riverside, and other county jails. I'm sure the Nuestra Familia has a similar program in a smaller scale in Northern Cali.
LACJ houses an average of 22,000 inmates on any given day - the largest jail system in the world.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 10th, 2014, 5:44 pm

We do not get taxed like that at all! In prison you are asked to contribute one hygiene item a month for the homies who are newly arrived, don't have a job with a pay number, or don't have money coming in from outside! These items are for all of us as a whole. The only time we get taxed is if you are slanging on the yard! That money would benefit all of us as well. In some cases it could be channeled back to the "Big Homies", if you have an inmate that can access them. Even in that case it is for their well being. They are locked down 24/7 for the most part so they need basic store items as well.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » January 11th, 2014, 12:24 am

I'm sure it's good but I don't know how to justify paying $70 for this book. it would maek me feel like i'm back in college buying those ridiculously overpriced textbooks.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 11th, 2014, 7:59 am

Actually this one costs 49.95. Go to police and fire publishing web site and you will see the "Mexican Mafia encyclopedia", "Urban street terrorism" and "Mundo" Mendoza's book listed with prices! It is "Mundos" book that costs $69.99

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » January 11th, 2014, 10:23 am

I was going to buy it off of Amazon until I went to the checkout page and saw that it came to $70 with the additional shipping fees and taxes. It's about 10 dollars cheaper from Police and Fire publishing! Thanks and for anyone interested I found this pdf sample of the book

http://www.smashwords.com/books/downloa ... opedia.pdf

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » August 8th, 2016, 4:27 am

why is this book so expensive??????????

Purchase: http://astore.amazon.com/streetgangs06- ... 1936986205