N0R~CAL STREET GANGS

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: N0R~CAL STREET GANGS

Unread post by silentwssj » December 19th, 2013, 6:43 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:@Silent - LOL Did you catch that "farm rats" comment from some female on here? I put that bitch on blast! :lol: I make fun of that "farm rats" diss they came up with to. Caught that bitch on a few sites. The nerve of some of these net bangers.
Hey there! Actually it was some fool named "lil Sapo" from madera! I saw his comments on "Hard in the paint Northside remix" And "Its going down tonight by Gata mas firme" He was calling us "Farm Rats" when he is from Madera and we all know who the rats are! Just saying! You cant go talking smack about us being "Farmers" when you live in the central valley. You cant call us "Rats" when everyone knows we call them "SUR-RATS" , Was the girl named "Erica Castro" ? I see tons of her comments on northern videos. It is ridiculous, I sometimes wonder if she is even a girl? I have no respect for net-banging at all. Save it for the streets where it counts! To me this site is all about learning! This is why I share and why I ask questions. There are a couple of videos that I was wondering if anyone else has seen 1. "Lil Milo, how I ride" He's out of fresno county. Pretty tight song. 2. "westside fresno" another tight jam! Compare these to "Maniak, kill kill" What a joke. He is a bulldog. You got to see this video. The last two guys look like they are about 14 years old. The last one has no flow at all, and looks cracked out! He can barely string a sentence together!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » December 19th, 2013, 7:09 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
wickedthoughtts wrote:i grew up around the borderline of the east bay and the north bay. depending on where my mom and dad moved around (they seperated) i moved around from richmond/san pablo / el cerrito to fairfield / vallejo, and at the edge of novato. growing up norte was just starting in fairfield and vallejo. when the surenos moved in they made it 50 to 50 real quick in sheer numbers. i watched richmond get over ran with surenos. before VFL and when san pablo was clinging on to richmond's name. lol when 18 and ms moved into san rafael. when novato had no gang and sonoma county had no "real" gang either. when i came back fairfield and vallejo exploded in nortenos. san pablo had their own norte gang. so did novato and san rafael and berkeley. and sonoma county started to have a surenos problem. most people think that the bay is like LA where it's rich in gang history and ever city had a latino gang from waaaay back. they have to know it's not like that. the sureno invasion took place in some part where gang banging wasn't even a thing lol IN THE BAY the ones with the deepest history when it comes to the XIV has always been san jose and san francisco! san jose more because it's always had a higher latino population. and there's no fucking farm out here! don't come up here and expect to see farmeros lmao. but ya man i've lost touched with alot of the guys i grew up with. they never joined the "regiments." they never joined the prison gang. they moved on, had kids and looked back at it as a phase. funny cause the youngsters coming up are deep into it.
Why do you say Sonoma county had no "real" gang? Do you know any history of vfl's?

@J - I think I found the article you brought up, so check it out:
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro ... -0535.html

I also found a video called "Life and Death in East San Jose". It mainly shows Kollmar on there, but here's a link:
http://vimeo.com/19547857
Good article Rudog! I have not seen that before! It pretty much validates a lot of what I was saying though. Most Northern Surenos are paisa's and they congregate on the edges of our territorys in run down apartments! They also validated what I said about the border of the Sureno territory on the westside. they said Almaden to 2nd. I said Vine to 1st, That is only one block off on both the east and west borders, pretty close! I can not comment on the Surenos from "down south" do not accept "Northern Surenos" as equals, but I have always wondered about that? Maybe we can get some southerners on here to straighten out that one. When I was in High Dessert there was only one "Northern Sureno" He was from San Jose, "Round table Drive area" One of our guys worked with him in the kitchen and he hit him up. He said he was originally from Arizona and over there 13 stood for "M" or "Mexican" , I have never heard that one before. It is pretty common knowledge that 13 Is 'EME" , the M stands for Mafia. Anyhow, this guy got into a fight with the southern shotcaller who was from "Whitefence" . I always wondered what that was about. We do not get down with each other like that. I always considered it pretty coincidental that he was from San Jose. I guess I will never know the answer to that one.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » December 19th, 2013, 7:09 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
wickedthoughtts wrote:i grew up around the borderline of the east bay and the north bay. depending on where my mom and dad moved around (they seperated) i moved around from richmond/san pablo / el cerrito to fairfield / vallejo, and at the edge of novato. growing up norte was just starting in fairfield and vallejo. when the surenos moved in they made it 50 to 50 real quick in sheer numbers. i watched richmond get over ran with surenos. before VFL and when san pablo was clinging on to richmond's name. lol when 18 and ms moved into san rafael. when novato had no gang and sonoma county had no "real" gang either. when i came back fairfield and vallejo exploded in nortenos. san pablo had their own norte gang. so did novato and san rafael and berkeley. and sonoma county started to have a surenos problem. most people think that the bay is like LA where it's rich in gang history and ever city had a latino gang from waaaay back. they have to know it's not like that. the sureno invasion took place in some part where gang banging wasn't even a thing lol IN THE BAY the ones with the deepest history when it comes to the XIV has always been san jose and san francisco! san jose more because it's always had a higher latino population. and there's no fucking farm out here! don't come up here and expect to see farmeros lmao. but ya man i've lost touched with alot of the guys i grew up with. they never joined the "regiments." they never joined the prison gang. they moved on, had kids and looked back at it as a phase. funny cause the youngsters coming up are deep into it.
Why do you say Sonoma county had no "real" gang? Do you know any history of vfl's?

@J - I think I found the article you brought up, so check it out:
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro ... -0535.html

I also found a video called "Life and Death in East San Jose". It mainly shows Kollmar on there, but here's a link:
http://vimeo.com/19547857
Good article Rudog! I have not seen that before! It pretty much validates a lot of what I was saying though. Most Northern Surenos are paisa's and they congregate on the edges of our territorys in run down apartments! They also validated what I said about the border of the Sureno territory on the westside. they said Almaden to 2nd. I said Vine to 1st, That is only one block off on both the east and west borders, pretty close! I can not comment on the Surenos from "down south" do not accept "Northern Surenos" as equals, but I have always wondered about that? Maybe we can get some southerners on here to straighten out that one. When I was in High Dessert there was only one "Northern Sureno" He was from San Jose, "Round table Drive area" One of our guys worked with him in the kitchen and he hit him up. He said he was originally from Arizona and over there 13 stood for "M" or "Mexican" , I have never heard that one before. It is pretty common knowledge that 13 Is 'EME" , the M stands for Mafia. Anyhow, this guy got into a fight with the southern shotcaller who was from "Whitefence" . I always wondered what that was about. We do not get down with each other like that. I always considered it pretty coincidental that he was from San Jose. I guess I will never know the answer to that one.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » December 19th, 2013, 11:45 pm

That's the article Rudog I haven't seen it in a while.

I noticed Debug did that clip on Story and Capitol (Kollmar Dr) they're a voice so to speak for those that are more unfortunate, heard the founder speaking about this organization on the radio and they do some real positive things for the folks in the South Bay.

Anyone hear about William St neighborhood abating operation the cops recently put together, overheard this on the news I wonder who's still active there. maybe I can find a link to this.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » December 20th, 2013, 12:14 am

It was Varrio William St that was targeted, had no idea they were still around! the SJPD and University police came a knocking.

Looks like cops have been on abatement operations concentrated along the South and East sides as well.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » December 20th, 2013, 5:51 am

I stayed just off of Williams st for a year in the early 2000's. I only saw 1 sureno the whole time. He was only about 15 years old, riding a bike and had a blue rag. I used to see quit a few Nortenos walking through the area. You know where I would see surenos hiding in the cuts though was the street just south of the convention center, and west of 1st. I used to see this girl that stayed over there. I cant remember the street name. But they were there. Williams St is a weird area, mostly Vietnamese and college kids. I traveled that road for many years. I had another girl over on 19th St, so I used to take Williams st to her place from the west side! I would say that the southern hot spots on wiliams were 10th street and 1st street. Those two areas are where I would see them the most over the years. Especially around super taqueria! When I first moved out of state, I came back for a visit about a year later. I had this girl from New Mexico with me. I took her to super Taqueria and this southerner was standing at the corner of 10th and willams with his shirt off and a blue rag tied around his head. He was all by himself. At this point in my life I was already changing as a person so I did not say anything. Even the girl that I was with was tripping out on him though. She was saying that he obviously had a death wish for doing that! I have seen "Big Homies" that I know from the penitentiary rolling through there before.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 20th, 2013, 12:16 pm

@Silent - It wasn't Erica Castro, but I know who you're talking about. Now I actually see a big connection between her and "snapper castro". They both big time net bang and have the same last name. They are also the only people I see calling someone a "fucking resident" like it's some kind of diss.. I actually think a lot of these so called surenos think that 13 stands for something like Mexico, but out of state 13 can have a different meaning from here in Cali.. Maybe they ended up considering that south sider no good, or you think it was something else?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » December 20th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Yeah Rudog, that is the same Erica castro that I am talking about. I don't get what "Resident" is supposed to mean. Maybe she is saying that you don't bang in your neighborhood, you just live there? Who knows, all I know is that she needs to stay off our sites! I do every now and then go to southern music videos to read the comments that they make about each other. That is how you learn a lot! You can tell who is at war with each other and what there disses are by doing this. I don't ever leave any comments because it is childish to do so. The only Banging that I have ever engaged in is real! I do think that "Snapper Castro" could be "Erica Castro" ? I would not doubt it! Did you check out "Maniak, Kill Kill" You got to check out these bulldogs. The last guy in the video cracks me up! That cracked out fool isn't going to kill anything. I could walk up and go "BOO" and he would probably crap his pants!

The incident that I was talking about in prison is a mystery to me. He didn't get rolled up, so he could not have been no good. I always wondered how it was for him as he was from San Jose? Them southerners get down different than us. Two of them beat down one of there own after drinking pruno. We all tripped on that. Dude tried to get real friendly with us after the fight. He used to walk the track and pass our area and try to say Hi! I couldn't believe it, that definitely took some balls! I think he was pissed at his own people. Of course we would never give him more than a respectful what's up in return. After I paroled from there, I got a letter from the homies updating me on the situation on that yard and they said two more southerners had fought. If we do that we may get "Deemed" no good. Our rules are far stricter than theirs. No set trippin allowed for us.

As far as 13 meaning different things, I do not buy it. Either they are uneducated or are telling lies. I have met New Mexico based surenos and they don't always know what 13 means. Some gangs out here put the 13 after their name but are not related to California EME at all. I think that they just copycats.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 20th, 2013, 6:24 pm

silentwssj wrote:Yeah Rudog, that is the same Erica castro that I am talking about. I don't get what "Resident" is supposed to mean. Maybe she is saying that you don't bang in your neighborhood, you just live there? Who knows, all I know is that she needs to stay off our sites! I do every now and then go to southern music videos to read the comments that they make about each other. That is how you learn a lot! You can tell who is at war with each other and what there disses are by doing this. I don't ever leave any comments because it is childish to do so. The only Banging that I have ever engaged in is real! I do think that "Snapper Castro" could be "Erica Castro" ? I would not doubt it! Did you check out "Maniak, Kill Kill" You got to check out these bulldogs. The last guy in the video cracks me up! That cracked out fool isn't going to kill anything. I could walk up and go "BOO" and he would probably crap his pants!

The incident that I was talking about in prison is a mystery to me. He didn't get rolled up, so he could not have been no good. I always wondered how it was for him as he was from San Jose? Them southerners get down different than us. Two of them beat down one of there own after drinking pruno. We all tripped on that. Dude tried to get real friendly with us after the fight. He used to walk the track and pass our area and try to say Hi! I couldn't believe it, that definitely took some balls! I think he was pissed at his own people. Of course we would never give him more than a respectful what's up in return. After I paroled from there, I got a letter from the homies updating me on the situation on that yard and they said two more southerners had fought. If we do that we may get "Deemed" no good. Our rules are far stricter than theirs. No set trippin allowed for us.

As far as 13 meaning different things, I do not buy it. Either they are uneducated or are telling lies. I have met New Mexico based surenos and they don't always know what 13 means. Some gangs out here put the 13 after their name but are not related to California EME at all. I think that they just copycats.
That is true for Cali, but you can look around this site and people will tell that even in Cali 13 was used for different reasons in the past. Just how it's like that with 3 dots. In Phoenix you have cats claiming 13 for 13th street and using norteno for other reasons for example. Check this out:

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 20th, 2013, 7:39 pm

I checked out the Maniak video. Couldn't stand it by the 3rd verse.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » December 20th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Aye there Rudog! That is one backward ass video! I get in though, they are claiming 13th street and Northside phoenix. Some things should just not be mixed in with each other though. You should not claim the number 13 and use the word "NORTE" It just does not fit or go together. At 2:42 notice he has a LA jersey that says Leave Arizona! LOL! In New Mexico they use the word "NORTENO" a lot to. It is in reference to living anywhere from Santa Fe on northward. They are real proud about it to, it is a trip. In this state the north is where everyone wants to be from because it is the best land or area. In Albuquerque They also have Norteno gangs from California. Diferent meaning of course but same word

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » December 20th, 2013, 10:25 pm

it was bound to happen. the word "norte" was going to branch out and be redefine by outsiders. shit hell they got like a bunch of version of "mexican mafia" in other states that have no connection to here. texas mexican mafia, new mexico mexican mafia, azizona mexican mafia, nevada mexican mafia. norte is a brand name now with bootleg across the country lol it's surprising though. in the 90s alot of norcal people were still like XIV? huh? what? ...and now look at it. 20 years and it's spread so much faster than the surenos. not more, but faster. in due time the map might look like southern cali surrounded by red. not invaded, but surrounded.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » December 21st, 2013, 9:36 am

Aye there Wicked thoughts! Both Groups are definitely expanding to different states. I am a construction worker so I travel a lot. I have worked in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and I just spent a year right on the Texas New Mexico border, so I would go to Odessa Texas at times! I run into members from both the NORTE and SUR all the time. It is a trip! The Paisa Sureno phenomenon is almost non existent out here. You do see them every now and then though. In New Mexico there are a lot more Surenos but Nortenos are definitely out here. I just did a job in some run down section 8 apartments and there was XIV spray painted everywhere in red. I also seen dudes sporting red all over the area. They got gangs over here that sport red just as their neighborhood color as well such as Martinez town, but have no connection to us. I have been told that NORTE pretty much runs Roswell! If you get a chance pick up "Prison Gangs In America" by "Gabe Morales" He lays out the history of the NF real good. He also covers all other prison gangs. He has a section on New mexico Gangs. He claims that "SYNDICATO NUEVO MEXICO" has roots in the EME and that "LOS CARNALES" used to be "NF" I know members of both of those groups and they agree with this information. New Mexico gangs are getting real defensive against California gangs now. Especially Surenos! They are starting to feel as if there state is simply becoming a colony for other groups and they are fighting back. I have heard that SNM and EME were once allies but it is falling apart. We in California feel that we have "Trademarked" the words "NORTE" and "SUR" But they use the same words over here to define their sides of town and state as well! I would say that the entire United States will soon be filled with chapters of both groups. Most gangs in the southwest are modeled on one or the other already.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 7th, 2014, 6:09 pm

Here's modern day 60's:

I think I was the one who posted the documentary about their hood in the 80's, or at least I know someone posted it.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 7th, 2014, 10:45 pm

They are from oakland right?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 8th, 2014, 1:42 am

silentwssj wrote:They are from oakland right?
Yup

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 10th, 2014, 12:15 am

thats alot of firepower for a bunch of kids lol

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 10th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Oakland is getting crazy! About a year ago they were number 3 in the whole country for murder rate!

SDmofo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by SDmofo » January 13th, 2014, 9:02 pm

wickedthoughtts wrote:clairemont to mira mesa some asian gangs but they're weak. mostly crips. nothing going on. the viets in san jose are harder than them.
Don't want to go off topic, but the REAL Asian gangs are in the east and southeast. Mostly the Laos and Cambodians. OKB, OMC, OBS, TEC etc. Small in numbers but have a lot of history in the SD streets. Any honest/non-bias black or hispanic G from those areas will vouch for that shit.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 14th, 2014, 12:15 pm

ya i heard of em. seen them on el cajon blvd, university and market by imperial sometimes. but the ones i see are old. all the young asians, i don't know if they bang or not... are into skinny jeans, skateboards and shit. btw there's alot of latinos in diego flamed up right now cause of the niners! alot of northern cali folks out here. almost looks like bay on some days. lol

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 16th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Aye Wicked thoughts! Have you ever run into any Nortenos down that way? I have always wondered about that. People always say that there are not any down south but I know that is not true! I personally know of 4 from my neighborhood down there. 1 in Fontana, 1 in Riverside, 1 in Moreno Valley, and 1 in Huntington beach! I also know of a dude that grew up in my neighborhood but left when he was in elementary school. He moved to San Diego and ended up becoming a sureno! I was just wondering if you have ever come across any Northerners down that way?

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 17th, 2014, 12:24 am

i have. a decoto guy that was in the navy. an ene from SF..bryant. i forget which branch he was in. those two i talked for a bit before they came through and left. the others..i seen enes from other hood too. but you'd only know if you were from the north you know what i mean. certain tattoos, ...stars, cities spelled in certain way. you see them though lol i remember one dude i seen in the streets...he had stockton written across his forearm with a tear drop. walking around in red shoes red shorts talking that nigga talk. it was funny as hell lol

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 17th, 2014, 5:06 am

That is funny that guy talked like that being from Stockton! The only northerners that I have ever seen talk black were from frisco and especially Oakland! San Jose, Nortenos always kept it chicano around me. I have not lived in Cali for 10 years, so I don't how this whole hyphy movement affected people. I have meet quite a few central valley Nortenos and non of them ever acted black either. Anyhow, I always wondered about Northerners being down south. I know there are quite a few living down there. I really doubt that they have any established hoods though. I have rolled through LA numerous times and never had a problem. I always made it a point to wear red as well. I guess since there are no northern varrios everybody wears red so no one trips! The funny thing to me is that all the homeboys that I have had move down there, they do it because it is cheaper than San Jose. That would be funny if reverse migration starts happening.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 17th, 2014, 10:47 am

in case you haven't heard

$18 million in narcotics, weapons and cash; 17 arrested

By Rick Hurd Contra Costa Times
Posted: 01/16/2014 11:47:18 AM PST | Updated: about 15 hours ago

In what is being hailed as one of the biggest drug raids in county history, police on Thursday announced 17 arrests and the seizure of more than $18 million worth of narcotics, weapons and cash from a criminal drug trafficking organization in West Contra Costa County.

The two-year investigation known as Operation Crystal Lens began yielding arrests in November, after a narcotics team known as West-NET was assembled to work with the FBI, San Pablo Police Cmdr. Jeff Palmieri said Thursday.

It resulted in the seizure over the past two months of approximately 475 pounds of methamphetamine, 158 grams of cocaine, several guns with high-capacity magazines, cars and motorcycles used in the operation and more than $950,000 in cash, he said. The methamphetamine alone was worth a street value of approximately $17 million, he said.

"This is big," Palmieri said. "When you look at the totality of what the units were able to accomplish, it's one of the biggest seizures of narcotics in West Contra Costa County history."

Police did not identify the suspects arrested but said they were connected to the Norteno street gang. One suspect, identified as Gabriel Urtiz, remains on the loose, Palmieri said.

The operation revealed that the narcotics were provided by the Mexico-based Sinaloa drug cartel. The cartel also has been called the Federation and Blood Alliance and at various times has been considered the most powerful drug trafficking organization in the world.

The investigation revealed that drugs and weapons were trafficked, and that the proceeds were laundered by the criminal street gangs, Palmieri said.

Police have not revealed the locations where the raids and investigation took place over the past few months, only saying there were multiple sites in West Contra Costa County.

Officers from 10 local agencies made up the West-NET team, which was supervised by a California Department of Justice task force commander working in tandem with the FBI, Palmieri said. The agencies involved included the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office and Probation Department; the Hercules, Kensington, Pinole, Richmond and San Pablo police departments, and the Northern California High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area.

"Anytime you take that much narcotics from an organized criminal structure, it's a great thing," Palmieri said. "It's not going into our streets, and it curbs violence. This is very significant."

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 17th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Wow! I had not heard of that one. Sounds like the homies have been doing their thing big time though!

KollmarVago408
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KollmarVago408 » January 17th, 2014, 9:32 pm

san pablo seems like nortenos last hope of retaining anything in the area . since richmond is practically overran by surenos and blacks that dont even like em eighter .

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 18th, 2014, 3:06 pm

that news clip was this year....this was what happened 2011, operations "RED REACH"....lol

Major Contra Costa meth ring bust
By Robert Salonga
Contra Costa Times

POSTED: 05/04/2011 07:46:09 AM PDT | UPDATED: 3 YEARS AGO

SAN PABLO -- Investigators dismantled an extensive gang-operated methamphetamine ring centered in Contra Costa County and spreading across the entire Bay Area, indicting 17 defendants, authorities announced Wednesday.

U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag led a news conference at San Pablo City Hall highlighting the results of the two-year investigation, dubbed Operation Red Reach, that seized an estimated $7.1 million in crystal methamphetamine and dealt a blow to a sizable drug-trafficking operation orchestrated by a street gang lieutenant.

"These are extremely dangerous and ruthless individuals," said Larry Wallace, law enforcement deputy director for the state Department of Justice.

San Pablo police spearheaded the investigation that grew to include state and federal agents.

"This began as a grass-roots local investigation," said Chief Walter Schuld. "We knew this was going to have a lasting effect."

The defendants are Joseph Abbate -- described as a gang leader -- Sean Beckett, Mark Bruno, Reginald Carter, Tom Cordova, Billie Dempsey, Edward Espiritu, James Esver, Michael Lawrence, Honorato Padilla, Deonzelle Pierce, David Reams, Gary Rondeau, Ramon Rubio, Michael Sanchez, Magen Schwartz and Juan Lopez.

Everyone but Schwartz, the lone female defendant, is in custody, Haag said. She is being sought by authorities.

The defendants reside in San Pablo, Richmond, El Sobrante, Hercules, Pinole, Rodeo, Martinez and Antioch. Schuld said all of them are either gang members or associates.

The group is charged with 16 counts related to the distribution and possession of methamphetamine, with each individual count carrying a maximum sentence of at least 10 years. Each defendant is attached to at least one of the counts and many have multiple charges.

Most of the defendants were arraigned before a federal magistrate in Oakland this week and pleaded not guilty. The indictments cover alleged drug activity between Sept. 27, 2010, and April 15.

A total of 35 arrests, including the indictments, were made during the two-year investigation, according to state officials.

On top of seizing 135 pounds of meth, agents also confiscated $86,000 cash, 26 firearms -- including assault rifles -- and six vehicles. They also found an assortment of bulletproof vests when they served search warrants in the past month. Police are looking into two weapons that might be tied to a homicide.

The officials at Wednesday's news conference were tight-lipped about most details of the bust, saying they did not want to harm the investigation. But an affidavit filed by FBI special agents Patrick Ernst and Gregory Eckhart, based on surveillance involving defendants Abbate, Rubio and Padilla, offers a glimpse into some of the activities.

In the filing, the agents detail a wiretapped telephone conversation the morning of Sept. 30, between Abbate and Rubio in which they are said to be discussing drug debts and exchanging a half-pound of methamphetamine. That yields more than 2,000 "points," or units of the drug for sale.

"OK, five minutes or less my boy is there," Rubio is recorded as saying.

Later that morning, the agents observed Padilla drive up to a Hercules home linked to Abbate, and leave less than five minutes later. The agents believe that the visit was Padilla delivering methamphetamine to Abbate on behalf of Rubio.

Authorities said the meth ring was an offshoot of a sophisticated Mexican drug-trafficking empire spanning Interstate 5 from the Mexican border to Washington state. It's an ongoing battle, the state attorney general said.

"We are fighting transnational gangs from one end of California to another," Kamala Harris said in a statement. "With the cooperation of local and federal law enforcement agencies, we're going to outmuscle, outsmart and undo them."

The wide-ranging probe began with an investigation by the West Contra Costa Narcotics Enforcement Team, or WestNET, which comprises officers from local police agencies. Leading the effort was San Pablo Detective Brian Bubar and the FBI's Eckhart, Schuld said.

Also participating were Solano County authorities, police from Richmond, Hercules and Pinole, the Contra Costa Sheriff's Office, the Contra Costa District Attorney's Office, the California Highway Patrol and federal immigration agents.

"This is a model of multiagency cooperation," Wallace said.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm

if you know anything about san pablo...it's pretty much a rinky dink town. you drive anywhere for 5 minutes and you find yourself in richmond. i have no idea how they've gotten this far. i spent sometime living out there too. how times have changed lol

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » January 18th, 2014, 6:35 pm

most of SP is equally as ghetto as the Rich. they are practically the same. it's just that all the murders seem to happen in the Rich so you hear about it more in the news than SP.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 18th, 2014, 8:02 pm

KollmarVago408 wrote:san pablo seems like nortenos last hope of retaining anything in the area . since richmond is practically overran by surenos and blacks that dont even like em eighter .
I could be wrong, that area I really do not know to much about. I would say the opposite is true though. In my eyes Richmond is the only area that really has a solid southern presence. All the other surrounding cities are pretty solidly northern controlled, but with small pockets of southerners here and there. Maybe we can get someone from there to tell us what they think. Where do you come up with the Blacks don't like them either comment? Is that based on Richmond street gang rivalries? I guess it is possible that Nortenos are beefing with certain black hoods over there. I just do not ever see any serious rivalries ever occurring between Nortenos and Blacks though. The "big Homies" would squash that quick!We are solidly aligned with one another. I can guarantee you that Nortenos and blacks get along very good just down the street in Oakland. In prison we are solid allies. I personally had back up from Crips, Bloods and especially Kume in the joint. Kume is the northern black car, which "Richmond" is a part of. I had permission to fight right along side of them for any reason. That is pretty tight!

KollmarVago408
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KollmarVago408 » January 18th, 2014, 11:00 pm

richmond is shoot 1st ask questions later surenos running wild out there . oakland surenos are riders too except they are outnumbered by nortenos .

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 19th, 2014, 8:06 am

KollmarVago408 wrote:richmond is shoot 1st ask questions later surenos running wild out there . oakland surenos are riders too except they are outnumbered by nortenos .
I would agree with that! I know a lot of Oakland Nortenos. I have even gone up there to kick it with em on occasion. Richmond I know nothing about. I have only passed through that city riding on the grey goose on my way to Quentin! SQ is right on the other side of the Richmond bridge.