GANGLAND, shows they should do

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

GANGLAND, shows they should do

Unread post by Silencioso » November 7th, 2008, 1:56 pm

They're getting down to local gangs now. Gangs that are big in their city or region but not nation wide.

Here's my predictions for furure shows:

5 Percenters
Nazi Low Riders
DDP and/or Trinitarios
PEN1
DC crews

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: GANGLAND

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 7th, 2008, 6:06 pm

I remember on another site someone was asking for info on border brothers & said it was for gangland.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » November 8th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Yeah, I could see them doing an episode on Border Brothers. Also, BGF.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 8th, 2008, 2:04 pm

The way they're going, I'm surprised they haven't done 1 on BGF. Guess I could see something on bb, but I don't know. Don't know much about PEN1. Is PEN1 something you could truely see them talking about?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » November 9th, 2008, 2:13 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:The way they're going, I'm surprised they haven't done 1 on BGF. Guess I could see something on bb, but I don't know. Don't know much about PEN1. Is PEN1 something you could truely see them talking about?
Dunno but hey just did one on FSU. That's a boston based gang within the punk/hard core scene that's pretty much unknown to people outside of that scene. If they do NLR I doubt they'll do PEN1. It would be a little pointless.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » November 12th, 2008, 8:47 pm

i know lots of them fsu.....most are cool peeps but not no where near as hard as the documentary showed them...i would consider them more of a "crew" than a gang and most dont even know eachother outside of shows......and now you have rich white kids all over trying to start fsu crews

i would have thought they would have done dms first since they are more established,bigger,more history and just a bit more violent but truth be told they are just a hc crew too......looks like history channel is now digging hard

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » November 13th, 2008, 2:53 pm

andrew wrote:i know lots of them fsu.....most are cool peeps but not no where near as hard as the documentary showed them...i would consider them more of a "crew" than a gang and most dont even know eachother outside of shows......and now you have rich white kids all over trying to start fsu crews

i would have thought they would have done dms first since they are more established,bigger,more history and just a bit more violent but truth be told they are just a hc crew too......looks like history channel is now digging hard
Yeah, I think there also trying go beyond just traditional street gangs. There doing bikers, prison gangs and off beat gangs/crews.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » November 13th, 2008, 9:07 pm

They're a waste of time. Pure sensationalism, designed for upper class audiences. That's why they push the fear factor, and exaggerate with all of the godfatherly organized crime comparisons.

The PBS one, Nuestra Famila, Our Family, was a lot better, IMO. It doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. It tells the story one guy and his father, and the story by default includes some major NF events. That's how you do it. Be honest, and the sensational stuff will just come out on it's own.

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA

Unread post by TCC19 » February 18th, 2009, 3:16 am

StillNoScript wrote:They're a waste of time. Pure sensationalism, designed for upper class audiences. That's why they push the fear factor, and exaggerate with all of the godfatherly organized crime comparisons.

The PBS one, Nuestra Famila, Our Family, was a lot better, IMO. It doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. It tells the story one guy and his father, and the story by default includes some major NF events. That's how you do it. Be honest, and the sensational stuff will just come out on it's own.

Man your dead on about that sensationalism anyone else notice how every episode starts off by saying " the most deadliest gang in America" or something to that effect.

Another thing I watched the F.S.U episode and they said that they were strictly straightedge I met a couple of guys who claimed F.S.U at a party once and they were drinking and smoking so WTF is up with that are they just posers or what?

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » March 20th, 2009, 5:03 pm

naw....some of them are sXe.....most are just hc kids who look for excuses to rat pack people........hardcore crews are a different kind of gang...........................most work and contribute to society....and they are pussies until they are at a show and there is 50 of them together...............i live in this world as well as the worl in the hood

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » April 13th, 2009, 6:56 pm

saw the sons of silence one last week....lame.....they arent NEARLY as hard as gangland made them look.....id even go as far as to say they are bitches

i heard they been asking around to do a special on gki....good luck with that

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » May 19th, 2009, 8:49 pm

i know some kids that get 40s every thursday and watch gangland....this show is gonna give lots of stupid kids some stupid ideas

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » June 10th, 2009, 5:11 pm

haha here in denver there are tons of sons support shirts and lots of suburban white peeps claiming sons now....i saw some guy around 45 yrs old prospecting hahahahaha...ridiculous....reminds me of 35yr olds getting down with the hood.....all after the gangland episode came out.....thanks gangland!!!

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA

Unread post by TCC19 » June 12th, 2009, 6:29 pm

andrew wrote:i know lots of them fsu.....most are cool peeps but not no where near as hard as the documentary showed them...i would consider them more of a "crew" than a gang and most dont even know eachother outside of shows......and now you have rich white kids all over trying to start fsu crews

Hey is DMS the same shit that hardcore rapper guy Danny Diablo be claiming are they strictly east coast because besides for him I've never heard of them.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » June 12th, 2009, 7:41 pm

ya.....danny diablo aka lord ezec from skarhead and crown of thornz he a puerto rican too

RomanoBundy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Somewhere... out there

Unread post by RomanoBundy » December 23rd, 2013, 8:53 am

I've watch a few episodes in the last days and I think I'm done with it.
There are interesting stuff in it, but not enough to continue.
They have nothing to tell, nothing to show. So it's 45 minutes of the same footage again and again, bangers throwing signs, and that's it.
They also use the same footage for different gangs.
I've seen an initiation done by the MS-13, and in the next episode I've watched, it was the very same footage, but this time it was the 18th Street... They also used the very same footage showing supposedly bangers, handcuffed, going into an airplane to get deported. They showed the same for the MS-13 and... the Crips. Except for the Crips they blurred the faces, which were obviously latinos.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Unread post by HungryWolf » January 27th, 2014, 6:17 am

TCC19 wrote: Another thing I watched the F.S.U episode and they said that they were strictly straightedge I met a couple of guys who claimed F.S.U at a party once and they were drinking and smoking so WTF is up with that are they just posers or what?
U might have run into the HB FSU, that's a different animal. It's also a punk rawk crew from back in the day, but their name stands for "Fuck Shit Up" and they have (or have had) affiliation with the PEN1 guys from Long Beach/Orange County.
The East Coast FSU originated from the hardcore scene and has total different roots. So they r different crews and I doubt that the West Coast guys have anything to do with sXe ...

KhmerPride85
If in the United States: Virginia
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke

Unread post by KhmerPride85 » January 27th, 2014, 6:33 am

They did a episode about PENI, no? But it had to be taken off the air cause of a lawsuit? A Gangland episode on the 'the ride' would be interesting. But they would have to gain access to a few level 4 yards and sny's to do that one/ peace

KhmerPride85
If in the United States: Virginia
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke

Unread post by KhmerPride85 » January 27th, 2014, 7:09 am

My bad it was Ross Kemp who did a show on PENI. I dont think its available due to copyright issues, but anybody computer savvy could probably find it on a torrent site.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Unread post by HungryWolf » January 30th, 2014, 3:37 am

In fact both did an episode on PEN1. Gangland had to be taken off because of some guy appearing in it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/2 ... 55285.html

The Ross Kemp episode featured AB, NLR and PEN1:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1e3_1192137919

Samson28
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Jose

Unread post by Samson28 » March 24th, 2014, 12:21 pm

He also did one on the Polish ultras:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ddc_1192771111

vagos22Foreva
What city do you live in now?: ontario

Unread post by vagos22Foreva » March 26th, 2014, 6:35 pm

hey hungry how have you been?its elvo did bullet ever get banned from ie lol.

vagos22Foreva
What city do you live in now?: ontario

Unread post by vagos22Foreva » March 26th, 2014, 6:40 pm

hey hungry how have you been?its elvo did bullet ever get banned from ie lol.