Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. County

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 487
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. County

Unread post by TheAngels » January 26th, 2013, 2:18 am

Is there a reason why Crip sets & numbers outnumber Bloods in the L.A. area?

There must be a reason using historical context.

I know Crips started first... I'm just trying to spark some discussion.

Seems like most of South Central on both sides of the Harbor is Crips. Most of the Rollin sets are Crips and the ECC alliance is Crips.

The only main Blood strongholds I can think of are in the 20s around the 10 Freeway, The Jungles, different parts of Inglewood & parts of Compton.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8959
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by alexalonso » January 27th, 2013, 11:24 pm

the crips started first, and they were making a name for themselves in 1970, 1971 and 1972. It wasnt until 1976 or 1972 Bloods were getting known, so basically they had a head start.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 17th, 2013, 12:29 am

I wonder if the 'color' blue has anything 2 do with it. It seems that most people prefer blue over red.

I did see where T. Rodgers said that when banging 1st started, (I don't know if this was before the 'Blood' movement started) that all gangs (including gangs that became Bloods & Pirus) wore blue flags. I also heard Bubba Loc from the 60s say that all gang members use 2 call each other 'Blood'. I wonder when did Crips adopt 'cuz' as an identity.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 487
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by TheAngels » February 19th, 2013, 11:23 pm

I think "cuz" is short for cousin, not "because."

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 21st, 2013, 12:49 am

TheAngels wrote:I think "because" is short for cousin, not "because."
Ha, yeah, it got u too didn't it?! Alonzo got it setup 2 where u can't type 'c uz' as 1 word. The system automatically edits it 2 'because'. That's why most people type 'CUHZ'. I know what the word is though homes.

But still, where did cousin then cuhz come from?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 487
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by TheAngels » February 21st, 2013, 3:45 am

Oh LOL now I see what happened. I was confused for a minute.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8959
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by alexalonso » February 27th, 2013, 11:39 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:I wonder if the 'color' blue has anything 2 do with it. It seems that most people prefer blue over red.

I did see where T. Rodgers said that when banging 1st started, (I don't know if this was before the 'Blood' movement started) that all gangs (including gangs that became Bloods & Pirus) wore blue flags. I also heard Bubba Loc from the 60s say that all gang members use 2 call each other 'Blood'. I wonder when did Crips adopt 'because' as an identity.

the colors where not used in the beginning, so the early Crips were not associated with the color Blue. Not sure what year they put the color on it, but it would have to have been in the late 1970s.

snino1989
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 84
Joined: April 20th, 2013, 8:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: HxA
Location: LA County is where i roam

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by snino1989 » December 16th, 2013, 10:19 am

TarHeelRED wrote:I wonder if the 'color' blue has anything 2 do with it. It seems that most people prefer blue over red.

I did see where T. Rodgers said that when banging 1st started, (I don't know if this was before the 'Blood' movement started) that all gangs (including gangs that became Bloods & Pirus) wore blue flags. I also heard Bubba Loc from the 60s say that all gang members use 2 call each other 'Blood'. I wonder when did Crips adopt 'cuz' as an identity.
True more ppl do like blue rather than red but check this out, blue is a claimer color and red is more of an angry color, blue is Gods favorite color and red is the devils favorite color. My opinion the bloods sounded more harder than the crips on the bangin on wax cds. My point is God is stronger then the devil 3 out of 1. Just look at the surenos and nortenos. But dont think cause u dress in blue ur a god when ur a demon in disguise cause when judgement comes for u, hes most likely not gonna give u a 2nd chance. Now tell me that aint true. REAL SHIT

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by xxx » December 18th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Crips was the expanding Empire swallowing up and converting gangs, Bloods were the resistance movement, gangs that refused to get absorb and banded together to resist, to back eachother.......Resistance Movements will always be the minority to an Empire...

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 687
Joined: March 20th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by cliffard » December 20th, 2013, 5:42 pm

^thats all well and good until the empire splits into factions, cause everyone knows that civil wars are the most vicious...

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 26th, 2014, 11:46 pm

xxx wrote:Crips was the expanding Empire swallowing up and converting gangs, Bloods were the resistance movement, gangs that refused to get absorb and banded together to resist, to back eachother.......Resistance Movements will always be the minority to an Empire...
And then some empires just collapse & implode & then some1 else moves in.............

The truth is the United States Armed Forces is that empire u are really talking about. They can move in on LA & shut down the Bloods, Crips, Pirus, & the Surenos @ anytime. They got drones w/ missiles son & Apaches. At best the Crips got automatic weapons. Do u C the disparity cuhz?

Remember the riots when the National Guard moved in? Then came the transitory peace treaty. After the National Guard left, then left the transitory peace treaty. Won't no gang banging when the troops were patrolling.
Rollinnnnnn!!

Bunknown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 126
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 12:02 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: unknown
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by Bunknown » January 28th, 2014, 6:37 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:
xxx wrote:Crips was the expanding Empire swallowing up and converting gangs, Bloods were the resistance movement, gangs that refused to get absorb and banded together to resist, to back eachother.......Resistance Movements will always be the minority to an Empire...
And then some empires just collapse & implode & then some1 else moves in.............

The truth is the United States Armed Forces is that empire u are really talking about. They can move in on LA & shut down the Bloods, Crips, Pirus, & the Surenos @ anytime. They got drones w/ missiles son & Apaches. At best the Crips got automatic weapons. Do u C the disparity cuhz?

Remember the riots when the National Guard moved in? Then came the transitory peace treaty. After the National Guard left, then left the transitory peace treaty. Won't no gang banging when the troops were patrolling.
Rollinnnnnn!!
LOL True it's funny. It seems that their are more bloods then crips in other cities except for LA.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 29th, 2014, 12:24 pm

^^^ Bunknown: U talking about Bloods being more numerous than the Crips in other cities in CA or nationwide?

Pasadena & San Diego comes to mind....... I'm not an authority though. Y'all know more about that.

Bunknown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 126
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 12:02 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: unknown
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by Bunknown » January 30th, 2014, 7:38 am

TarHeelRED wrote:^^^ Bunknown: U talking about Bloods being more numerous than the Crips in other cities in CA or nationwide?

Pasadena & San Diego comes to mind....... I'm not an authority though. Y'all know more about that.
Both their are majority bloods every where else but LA, San deigo, (technically) the bay. and out of state NYC , and NJ, NC, and ATL.

BlueMoon
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 127
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 10:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by BlueMoon » January 30th, 2014, 10:47 am

Crips and Bloods out of state aren't real so they don't count........These other copycat cities will never be on Los Angeles county level as far as bangin is concerned.......

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: November 5th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by Adobo » January 30th, 2014, 2:04 pm

BlueMoon wrote:Crips and Bloods out of state aren't real so they don't count........These other copycat cities will never be on Los Angeles county level as far as bangin is concerned.......
Huh?!? Homie u talking that fake talk!! U mean all those WS/SS/ES FAR BACKSIDE FRONTISDE SIDE TO SIDE HOOVER TRAY GANGSTA BLOODZ FOLK NATION 4 UP 3Down ROLLING INGLEWATTZ GROOVIN HOOPIN POOPIN 5STAR 60s PJ GRAPE WATTZ CRIPS from North Cakalacky or Trenton or Boston or Florida ain't putting the smash like they do in L.A?!?!?

GTFU!!! :lol:

Bunknown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 126
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 12:02 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: unknown
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by Bunknown » January 30th, 2014, 7:19 pm

BlueMoon wrote:Crips and Bloods out of state aren't real so they don't count........These other copycat cities will never be on Los Angeles county level as far as bangin is concerned.......
Not really some people from LA go and start other gangs over there. I admit their might be some copy cat but when comes down to it their is crime every where you go not matter if it's LA or Chicago or Florida. Dudes still be commiting crimes. It's just that since they gang banging in to the equation (no matter what gang you claim )it makes it more senseless to kill another brother over nothing.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 2nd, 2014, 1:00 pm

BlueMoon wrote:Crips and Bloods out of state aren't real so they don't count........These other copycat cities will never be on Los Angeles county level as far as bangin is concerned.......
As far as Cripping & Blooding go, I would agree.

But as far as GANG BANGING goes, LA can't 'touch' CHICAGO!!!!! They are still in the war' years there as they say on here. And they started in the 50's (well @ least the Vice Lords did). I know cats that have lived in Chicago & said that rival gangs literally live & have shootouts on the same streets, across the street from each other. I'm not glorifying gang banging but gang banging is far worse in Chicago than in LA.


Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: November 5th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by Adobo » February 2nd, 2014, 3:52 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:As far as Cripping & Blooding go, I would agree.

But as far as GANG BANGING goes, LA can't 'touch' CHICAGO!!!!! They are still in the war' years there as they say on here. And they started in the 50's (well @ least the Vice Lords did). I know cats that have lived in Chicago & said that rival gangs literally live & have shootouts on the same streets, across the street from each other. I'm not glorifying gang banging but gang banging is far worse in Chicago than in LA.

I think it's MORE than just gang banging in Chi-rak...it's about hustling and grinding ON TOP of gangs being involved..

When it comes to strictly gang-banging, I think L.A Takes the cake..
But overall crime, banging, hustling and grimey shit, Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, DC, etc is way more violent than L.A...and they been that way for generations!!

BTW-some of the projects in East L.A had that same element, rivals living across the street, courtyard, parking lot, etc. I can't fathom that shit, insane...

Bunknown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 126
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 12:02 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: unknown
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by Bunknown » February 3rd, 2014, 2:47 pm

TarHeelRED wrote:
BlueMoon wrote:Crips and Bloods out of state aren't real so they don't count........These other copycat cities will never be on Los Angeles county level as far as bangin is concerned.......
As far as Cripping & Blooding go, I would agree.

But as far as GANG BANGING goes, LA can't 'touch' CHICAGO!!!!! They are still in the war' years there as they say on here. And they started in the 50's (well @ least the Vice Lords did). I know cats that have lived in Chicago & said that rival gangs literally live & have shootouts on the same streets, across the street from each other. I'm not glorifying gang banging but gang banging is far worse in Chicago than in LA.

We can even go back further than that with prohibition and talk about the gangster Al capone. Chicago has a legacy of crime.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8959
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by alexalonso » January 3rd, 2015, 11:31 pm

xxx wrote:Crips was the expanding Empire swallowing up and converting gangs, Bloods were the resistance movement, gangs that refused to get absorb and banded together to resist, to back eachother.......Resistance Movements will always be the minority to an Empire...
The gangs that were resisting were not Bloods yet, Brims, Black P Stones, Pirus, Bishops were starting to unite in late 1972 and early 1973 but the label "Bloods" was not out and no one I know can track the beginning of its usage, but I believe in 1977 or 1978 the label "Blood" was being used.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 280
Joined: March 14th, 2004, 10:15 pm

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by jeff » January 5th, 2015, 10:53 pm

@1 wrote:The gangs that were resisting were not Bloods yet, Brims, Black P Stones, Pirus, Bishops were starting to unite in late 1972 and early 1973 but the label "Bloods" was not out and no one I know can track the beginning of its usage, but I believe in 1977 or 1978 the label "Blood" was being used.
here's some Blood graffiti from the late 1970's

Image

it's a screenshot from this documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zcnaI8UrG4

according to one of the youtube comments by a guy who says he was in the film, it was made in 77 or 78.

WORLDWIDESQUADISH
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: February 25th, 2015, 7:55 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: gANGLAND

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by WORLDWIDESQUADISH » February 25th, 2015, 8:19 pm


Motion
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 65
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 10:34 am
What city do you live in now?: Carrollton

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by Motion » May 6th, 2015, 12:20 pm

If you break things down to individual gangs are there examples of some Blood gangs being larger than their Crip rivals?

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8959
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Is there a reason why Crips outnumber Bloods in L.A. Cou

Unread post by alexalonso » May 28th, 2015, 10:27 am



i would like to know the exact date of this.

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Black gangs”