ROC gang (Raised on Cleveland) Avenue in Atlanta

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

ROC gang (Raised on Cleveland) Avenue in Atlanta

Unread post by alexalonso » November 18th, 2013, 3:58 am

Anyone heard of this gang, Raised on Cleveland Avenue (ROC) from Atlanta?
Police Sting Arrests 8 Members of the "Raised on Cleveland" Gang

U.S. Marshals and The Atlanta Police Gang Unit lead operational sting to end gang violence.
Posted by Yolande M. Minor , November 11, 2011 at 02:58 PM

, according to a recent article in Cascade Patch and Atlanta police say much needed support is being provided in the community.

A recent four-week operational sting in October—by the U.S. Marshals Service Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force Counter Gang Unit (SERFTF) and the Atlanta Police Department Gang Unit—led to the arrest of eight members of the "Raised on Cleveland" gang recently, according to authorities.

The primary focus in recent weeks was on street gangs in the Cleveland Avenue, Mechanicsville, and Summerville neighborhoods of southwest Atlanta, according to Gavin Duffy, Senior Inspector for the Marshals Service. Marshals seized two vehicles, more than $10,000 in cash, four firearms, and illegal narcotics with a street value of more than $50,000.

In a press release, Duffy said, four suspects were arrested for crimes that included homicide, armed robbery, and drug-related charges .Those arrested included Phillip Tarver, wanted for the slaying of a 17-year-old in south Atlanta; Cedric Thompson, aggravated assault; Steven Collymore, armed robbery; and Leon Collins, armed robbery and carjacking.

Two other fugitives, Deante White and Kenny Norwood, are being sought on firearms and narcotics violations.

"The CGU (Criminal Gang Unit) is only a few months old and is already proving to be a vital asset to SERFTF enforcement operations and a critical partner to the APD," said Keith Booker, Commander of SERFTF.

"Its effectiveness in surgically targeting violent gang members and reducing their ability to commit acts of violence has been praised by the Atlanta Chief of Police. Our partnership is valuable to removing violent gang members from the Atlanta streets."

If anyone has any information about White and Norwood, please contact Crimestoppers at (404) 577-TIPS.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: ROC gang (Raised on Cleveland) Avenue in Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » November 18th, 2013, 4:02 pm

I have never heard of them I have never seen any hit-ups in that area. My Post Office box is off of the Cleveland Ave exit and I-85. It could be on the other side of I-85, I very seldom go that way. I'm on the other side of Cleveland closer to east point at least once a week.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » November 18th, 2013, 9:20 pm

yeah, I've heard of them. ROC is apart of 30 Deep, I'm sure you've heard of 30 Deep, Quepolo. in LA, they would be considered a minor league gang. These gangs have no structure and are entirely made up of young adolescent members. They claim to be bloods (my theory on why they chose to identify as bloods is because they're impressionable rap music fans, and exposure to media). There were no bloods or crips in Atlanta 10 years ago and now they are everywhere.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » February 12th, 2014, 1:41 am

jeff wrote:yeah, I've heard of them. ROC is apart of 30 Deep, I'm sure you've heard of 30 Deep, Quepolo. in LA, they would be considered a minor league gang. These gangs have no structure and are entirely made up of young adolescent members. They claim to be bloods (my theory on why they chose to identify as bloods is because they're impressionable rap music fans, and exposure to media). There were no bloods or crips in Atlanta 10 years ago and now they are everywhere.
How does ROC compare to the other gang in the Atl?

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » March 13th, 2014, 12:01 am

@1 wrote:
jeff wrote:yeah, I've heard of them. ROC is apart of 30 Deep, I'm sure you've heard of 30 Deep, Quepolo. in LA, they would be considered a minor league gang. These gangs have no structure and are entirely made up of young adolescent members. They claim to be bloods (my theory on why they chose to identify as bloods is because they're impressionable rap music fans, and exposure to media). There were no bloods or crips in Atlanta 10 years ago and now they are everywhere.
How does ROC compare to the other gang in the Atl?
ROC have made their fair share of headlines in the local news media. they are a clique of the larger umbrella group 30 Deep, who were dubbed with the moniker "blue jean bandits" for their brazen smash and grab robberies where they targeted stores for true religion jeans. these robberies often culminated in high profile,high-speed chases. they make the bulk of their money off of these petty crimes,also having been implicated in liquor store robberies,carjackings and other types of armed robberies. Atlanta is still in the formative stages in terms of gang activity,and ROC or 30 deep doesn't have any serious rivalries with any other neighborhoods. inner city gangs started reappearing around 2006 (after it died out in the early 90s),so these are primarily young kids we're talking about,i highly doubt ROC have anyone in their group over the age of 25.