Should Donald Sterling lose ownership of the LA Clippers?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Should Donald Sterling lose ownership of the LA Clippers?

Unread post by alexalonso » April 29th, 2014, 1:30 am

I posted a new poll on the main page streetgangs.com, which asks, Should Los Angeles Clippers owner, Donald Sterling, lose ownership of his team for making racists comments? with 5 possible choices.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Should Donald Sterling lose ownership of the LA Clippers

Unread post by Quepolo3 » April 29th, 2014, 5:14 am

I think he should keep the team. People should just boycott the games. Let him start losing money, that's all he cares about anyway. Hit them pockets. No free agents, players will start requesting trades, sponsorship gone. His franchise will lose value and that's what he deserves. No matter what, he's 80 years old and filthy rich. He will be fine, and I doubt if he really gives a shit what people think.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » April 29th, 2014, 6:55 am

this is Cultural Marxism at it's finest. CNN is giving this 24/7 coverage,they want to stoke the flames of racial division. and paint Whites as the enemy. never let a good race baiting story go to waste. cultural Marxists pander to "victim groups" - (blacks,women,and minorities) so CNN has made Sterling's mistress out to be an angel,despite her unethical,manipulative actions.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 30th, 2014, 5:09 pm

if 22 of the 29 owners vote against Donald Sterling then it is over for Donald Sterling, but the question is will 22 owners (75 percent) agree to oust him?????

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 1st, 2014, 2:25 am

@1 wrote:if 22 of the 29 owners vote against Donald Sterling then it is over for Donald Sterling, but the question is will 22 owners (75 percent) agree to oust him?????
@Alonso- How can they not vote against him? I saw a report by David Alderidge, saying that many of the players were ready to walk out on some games. The loss of sponsorship and the media attention is putting a lot of pressure on NBA owners because the world is watching. I know he's the longest tenured owner, but I don't think the other owners are willing to risk their franchises to save him. Michael Jordan spoke out against it, you know it must be serious.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » May 1st, 2014, 6:25 pm

People act like this is new to him and his wife? The problem is that NBA, players, coaches, execs let him do this for over 30 years.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » May 11th, 2014, 4:01 am

Quepolo3 wrote:
@1 wrote:if 22 of the 29 owners vote against Donald Sterling then it is over for Donald Sterling, but the question is will 22 owners (75 percent) agree to oust him?????
@Alonso- How can they not vote against him? I saw a report by David Alderidge, saying that many of the players were ready to walk out on some games. The loss of sponsorship and the media attention is putting a lot of pressure on NBA owners because the world is watching. I know he's the longest tenured owner, but I don't think the other owners are willing to risk their franchises to save him. Michael Jordan spoke out against it, you know it must be serious.

There other legal moves these NBA players are trying to implement, so they do still have power. But to be honest with you ,I wouldn't fault many of these Clippers who stay aboard, because on the real D.Sterling has never brought this kind of racist rhetoric to other players face. Even though ''the cats out the bag now'', there is some kind of deniability and some kind credence on NBA players parts, you can even tell from that tape that Donald Sterling was cautious with some of the racial slurs, if this convo was recorded 30 years ago it would be a different story,he would sound like he is at a klan rally.

Nixon has been caught recorded saying racist innuendos on tape for the black birth rate years ago, no black lash then, it was watergate that opted him out.

But remember how I posted info of certain rap artists associating with their dead conrads homies (Outlaws messing with Junior Mafia)and you had a difference of opinion and said it was about money, this just goes to show how they are different views of which people can and can't get pass. In my opinion dealing with an enemy is way of an outright disrespect than racist white bigots, many striving black people have dealt with racist white cunts who got coins and higher executive power in businesses.