Anyone know this gang in Carson?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
hungry_lotus

Anyone know this gang in Carson?

Unread post by hungry_lotus » May 18th, 2015, 2:22 pm

I was driving through Carson today and spotted this on a wall in a car park. It was around Sepulveda, directly south of Scot Park.
Screen shot 2015-05-18 at 2.17.17 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2015-05-18 at 2.17.17 PM.jpg (184.04 KiB) Viewed 7321 times

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Re: Anyone know this gang in Carson?

Unread post by Adobo » May 18th, 2015, 3:32 pm

It's SWC, 'So What Click'

They seem to be striking up a lot in Carson

hungry_lotus

Unread post by hungry_lotus » May 18th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Ah, I see it now. Thanks! I couldn't make out the W and A of the writing.

Are they bloods?

On the other side of Sepulveda, almost directly opposite this, was a big VC13.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Adobo » May 18th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Nah, they not bloods, they are close allies w/ VC13 though. A lot of them kick it together, smoke, drink, etc.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 5th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Looks like they are just plain taggers, not a gang, at least not yet.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Adobo » June 8th, 2015, 1:47 am

Yea they are taggers, they kick it on Mehden Ave, in Nitecrawlers hood. They're cool w/ them (well whatever's left of them)
They (SWC) are constantly striking up in Anchor Liqour, the store on 234th and Main. That big ole wall.

hungry_lotus

Unread post by hungry_lotus » June 8th, 2015, 8:51 am

Adobo, I'm in Carson often and see VC13, Catskills and Realty Street up on the walls a lot.

For all that paint, not much else seems to be happening in that area.

The same goes for Tortilla Flats and 204th Street closer to Torrance. I see paint but that's about all I ever see. Am I wrong?

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Adobo » June 8th, 2015, 4:24 pm

You're right on..banging is for the birds, kids are into different scene now. More IG, FB, Snapchat, etc etc. seems like these youngins would rather be online than hangin in the streets. But yea, overall, Carson and the South Bay is just wall banging.

hungry_lotus

Unread post by hungry_lotus » June 8th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Funny that you should say that, I'm actually working on a project about how technology may be playing a role in the decline of gangs in LA.

I'm an Aussie, so I'm learning about a lot of gang culture from scratch.

I've got another question for you though; in every layer of society people are hanging out less together in real life thanks to technology. This means people no longer hang out together in parks and are no longer spending free time associating on the street. But...

Looking to the future, it seems inevitable that technology will begin to take away jobs faster than it will create new ones. Many people in the service industry and what's left of manufacturing will be replaced by automated technology (like driverless cars, ipad waiters, self check-outs, etc).

I think that a lot of this change will happen rather suddenly and there will be an incredible number of people not just out of work, but now essentially unemployable in a new economy that no longer requires human labour.

What effect do you think this will have on gang banging?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 9th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Adobo wrote:You're right on..banging is for the birds, kids are into different scene now. More IG, FB, Snapchat, etc etc. seems like these youngins would rather be online than hangin in the streets. But yea, overall, Carson and the South Bay is just wall banging.
Its a good thing. is it possible that all this new internet technologies has impacted gangs and violence for the positive?

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Adobo » June 10th, 2015, 12:31 am

I think technology has 'shifted' kids from being on the street to being in chat rooms/messaging/forums. Whether or not it's positive remains to be seen.

With the good comes the bad and we now see people getting busted or incriminating themselves because of their online activity but if cell phones and tablets are a direct correlation thats driving down gang violence, I'm sure cities n towns across America welcome it.

On the flip side, it's easier to recruit/presence online therefore allowing kids to glorify and seek out info on gangs. Gangs posting vids and pics and having websites, it's a recruiting tool. Maybe not as powerful or influential as say, extremists recruiting suicide bombers, but the message and glamorizing is there.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Adobo » June 10th, 2015, 12:35 am

And to reply to lotus, as far as technology taking the place of humans, I think it'll be in the service sector industry, as you stated. As for gangs, I don't know if it'll affect that aspect. If anything, drugs/guns/money are one of the main factors that play a prominent role in gangs. So if technology somehow replaces or impacts those areas (which I don't see how it would) I think there will always be gangs. Maybe not like the 80s n 90s but gangs will always be around.

hungry_lotus

Unread post by hungry_lotus » June 10th, 2015, 5:23 pm

I agree with you, and I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, or more interestingly, where society is going with this...

But consider the following in regards to the black market economies that have supported gangs:

Medical marijuana has taken the illicit money out of weed, crack is no longer popular, and everything else can be bought safely at a distance online, through darknet markets like the Silk Road.

Prostitutes now source their clientele on Craigslist

As for guns, they can already be 3D printed at home by anyone with a $1000 3D printer. And that technology will come down in price drastically.

Even the black markets will no longer be able to support unskilled labour in the way they once could.

I'm definitely not an expert on any of this, but I am endlessly curious and I'm especially curious as to how these changes will affect gangs.

Throw in the current LA housing shortage crisis, the erosion of the middle class (that relates to a lot of the above points) and I just wonder what LA will look like 10 - 15 years from now. It's bizarre.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » June 11th, 2015, 4:30 pm

I'm by no means an expert, but I don't think that the technology has affected the gangs that much. However, I do think that it has changed how they operate, and changed how they identify themselves. I hear from some of the youth that I coach, that instead of saying that they are a GD, Crip or Blood, they identify with blocks, 300, 600 and all of that stuff. I think that this is what is being relayed by many of the new hip hop artist like chief keef, and some of the other Chi town artist. I know it's like that here in the dirty! IMO

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”