Brass Knuckles

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Brass Knuckles

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » August 1st, 2005, 1:44 pm

a fashionable weapon?

i have two pair of brass knuckles, used the chrome ones once, never got to follow up with the black because the dude just layed flat..

anyone ever used them, or just wore them for style?

list the advantages of brass knuckles over a roll of pennies wrapped in electrical tape, a bicycle chain or a choke chain.. all of which give the wearer super-human punching power in combat...

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » August 1st, 2005, 1:45 pm

oh yeah, lead filled leather fingerless gloves are a plus too...

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » August 1st, 2005, 2:22 pm

roll of pennies? do you just clutch it in your fist?

puffpuffgive
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by puffpuffgive » August 1st, 2005, 3:14 pm

just take a normal lighter shit has the same effect...

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » August 2nd, 2005, 8:40 am

NoPeace wrote:roll of pennies? do you just clutch it in your fist?
yeah, for a fist pack...

a lighter doesn't work as well because its lightweight...

greenwood104

Unread post by greenwood104 » August 12th, 2005, 4:09 am

gotta put a shoelace around the handle of ur knucks otherwise you'll break your pinkie

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 12th, 2005, 6:35 am

If you want to go old school, learn to punch - brass knuckles are a pussyio soft option - no need to break a finger/ hand if you can punch well - its when you roundhouse or punch badly - this forum is looking sorry backsided - you know what there used to be intelligent voices on here, can't believe this pussio BS. Handbags at forty paces!

Serious

Unread post by Serious » August 13th, 2005, 10:41 am

Brass knuckles are either really good, or really bad, depends on whether they have a support bar behing the holes for the fingers. If they do, your paml is braced and fingers are supported. If not, your fingers are just spread apart with no real support, you could break them with a badly angled hit.

Rolls of coins are better, if you know how to punch and your knuckles are conditioned for impact (through regular hitting of a punching bag, wall, or whatever). They add weight without compromising you fist's structure, you don't obviously have a weapon (unlike brass knuckles), and they're perfectly legal to carry around.

Chains suck, they will fuck your hands up. You also don't really have any real alibi for having a length of chain, other than hitting people with it. Witht he coins, you can perpetually be "going to the bank later in the day".

But seriously, rolls of coins work better in most respects, but a braced set of brass knuckles will be by far the most damaging.

You don't get superhuman punching power from anything, and if you don't know how to land blows well you'll probably break something in your hand or wrist trying to use something like this. Learn how to punch, then practice punching with whichever one you like best.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Brass Knuckles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 28th, 2015, 11:52 am

can be deadly
Attachments
brass-knuckles.jpg
brass-knuckles.jpg (2.57 KiB) Viewed 11583 times

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Unread post by HungryWolf » July 30th, 2015, 5:05 am

Weighted-knuckle gloves work really good. Go, get those filled with quartz sand and you surely'll land a hard and protected hit.But honestly, fighting with bare knuckles is the only way. If you can't beat a guy without brass knuckles, chains or gloves you can't beat anyone.
The only thing which is good to have is a gum shield. In Germany the cops call it "passive arming", because ppl like us would take it everywhere we went. So, if you had a bad rep and were carrying a gum shield with you lets say at a football match the cops would take you to jail without asking.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 30th, 2015, 8:56 am

Those are illegal in California.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 30th, 2015, 12:37 pm

What is a gum shield? Is that a mouthguard?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 30th, 2015, 12:47 pm

It is funny because of all the laws against certain weapons actually causes more lethal ones to be carried. Knives for example. As long as it can be seen clipped to your pocket or carried out in the open its legal. Tools get carried a lot of times. Screw drivers or axe handles or even hammers! I always thought California was lame with all their laws. What is the difference between a switchblade and a clip on fold out knife? I can open a fold out knife in about a second flat and the design of the knife is much sturdier! Switchblades are illegal though, Lol! LE likes to make up phoney BS laws and use any excuse to lock people up!

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » July 31st, 2015, 12:16 pm

silentwssj wrote:What is a gum shield? Is that a mouthguard?
I was wondering the same thing, but can you get arrested for a mouthguard?

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » August 2nd, 2015, 11:44 pm

That's a gum shield. If you have a bad criminal record regarding violence – especially football riots – it's up to the German cops to arrest you for "passive arming". Sick.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » August 2nd, 2015, 11:45 pm

Mouthguard, actually... :lol:

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 3rd, 2015, 12:31 pm

That is retarded! Personally I think felons should get all their rights back once they complete their parole. I used to own a lot of guns! I have always been a fan of weapons of all sorts. Now that my record does not allow me to own anything, I black out those thoughts as much as possible. I hope to one day save the money to expunge my criminal record. My pops has a flat out arsenal of weapons that he wants to leave me with. If not my boys will get quit an inheritance! I cant Beleive you can't have a mouth guard hungrywolf! That is ridiculous! Over here they put all kinds of restrictions on paroles. You can't wear colors, music, pagers, who you can associate with, Etc! I have always believed in freedom. That means you can wear what you want, talk or associate with whoever, listen to whatever. If they are going to take you to jail it should only be because you actually hurt someone! I once meet a guy in Santa Rita doing a 5 month violation because his mom had a decorative knife hanging on the wall! He was staying there, so they violated him! Every house on earth has knives in the kitchen though, so what's the difference! Food for thought on how the system abuses their authority! Once they get you on paper your in for a long ride! I got violated 5 times on parole. Sad to say but I was on the 4 year plan! I pray for those of you on paper. My advice is lay way low! Silent!

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » August 5th, 2015, 7:04 am

Your US-laws are faking' strict. Owning guns is one thing, but I heard another one. My brother from OC told me, that he isn't aloud to leave the country coz he is a 2-striker. They won't give him a passport. That's sick.

Oh yeah, Silent, the rule concerning mouthguards has a history. We were having prearranged fist-fights back in the day. We armed ourselves with mouthguard and tape around the hands. That became such a fashion that some of us would carry their guards wherever they went, just in case. So, the cops didn't like us too much and they were looking for a way to give us a hard time. If they checked on you and found you with a mouthguard and you weren't going to sports they'd take you out just for assuming you might be looking for trouble. That's what you'd get jail time for.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 5th, 2015, 2:57 pm

HungryWolf wrote:Your US-laws are faking' strict. Owning guns is one thing, but I heard another one. My brother from OC told me, that he isn't aloud to leave the country coz he is a 2-striker. They won't give him a passport. That's sick.

Oh yeah, Silent, the rule concerning mouthguards has a history. We were having prearranged fist-fights back in the day. We armed ourselves with mouthguard and tape around the hands. That became such a fashion that some of us would carry their guards wherever they went, just in case. So, the cops didn't like us too much and they were looking for a way to give us a hard time. If they checked on you and found you with a mouthguard and you weren't going to sports they'd take you out just for assuming you might be looking for trouble. That's what you'd get jail time for.
Some of the laws out there don't sound any better, but it is messed up on both sides.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » August 6th, 2015, 4:30 am

That's right! Btw: not "faking", it was meant to be "freaking", actually...

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 6th, 2015, 4:34 am

That's BS about the mouth guard and strike thing! Laws are getting out of hand!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » August 6th, 2015, 7:57 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Those are illegal in California.

is there actual law against them in CA?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 9th, 2015, 10:57 pm

@1 wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:Those are illegal in California.

is there actual law against them in CA?
http://www.joedane.com/featured/califor ... l-defense/

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”