Down Low Gang Members

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
DelaniWalker
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Moreno Valley

Down Low Gang Members

Unread post by DelaniWalker » August 13th, 2014, 12:26 pm

I am a homosexual male who has been secretly dating a member of the rollin 60's crips. I know that this site probably doesn't get a lot of gay members or post about homosexuality but I my partner is living this secret lifestyle that he claims is just a phase and that he's not homosexual, bi, or gay.. He's just having fun trying something different however our relationship is VERY GAY! He enjoys our time waay to much to just be a "phase".. We spend a lot of time together. He was incarcerated for 11yrs and shared with me that he engaged in this homosexual activity first by force.. Then as a means of survival.. My question to anyone with gang experience.. Im not here to offend anyone as this is the life I am openly comfortable with & am OUT pridefully yet.. For someone like my man.. What would the consequences be if he came out being a member of such a notorious gang. Also I find it odd that his little brother whom is affiliated & in the music/entertainment biz is gay and its obvious and it seems he has no hangups in the streets or is accepted so Im a little confused as to what my mans hang up could be.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Down Low Gang Members

Unread post by alexalonso » August 14th, 2014, 3:06 am

DelaniWalker wrote:I am a homosexual male who has been secretly dating a member of the rollin 60's crips. I know that this site probably doesn't get a lot of gay members or post about homosexuality but I my partner is living this secret lifestyle that he claims is just a phase and that he's not homosexual, bi, or gay.. He's just having fun trying something different however our relationship is VERY GAY! He enjoys our time waay to much to just be a "phase".. We spend a lot of time together. He was incarcerated for 11yrs and shared with me that he engaged in this homosexual activity first by force.. Then as a means of survival.. My question to anyone with gang experience.. Im not here to offend anyone as this is the life I am openly comfortable with & am OUT pridefully yet.. For someone like my man.. What would the consequences be if he came out being a member of such a notorious gang. Also I find it odd that his little brother whom is affiliated & in the music/entertainment biz is gay and its obvious and it seems he has no hangups in the streets or is accepted so Im a little confused as to what my mans hang up could be.
I dont think anything would physically would happen to him, but he would certainly be referred to negatively, so he probably just want to avoid all the verbal assaults, if your story is true. Since you are open about it, would you do an interview about it?

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » August 14th, 2014, 9:00 am

Don't know if this is somebody clowning on 60's or what but LOL! Good post!!

Take this with you though.....

Leviticus 18:22
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin."

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense."

DelaniWalker
What city do you live in now?: Moreno Valley

Unread post by DelaniWalker » August 14th, 2014, 9:29 am

Thanks for your response. I am open about my lifestlye, however my partner isnt so it makes it dificult. My safety is always my number 1 concern especially dealing with someone not yet out & basically not apart of the gay community. The backlash can be dangerous and not something I want nor need.. But I will consider your offer maybe at a later date. Thank You Again

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » August 15th, 2014, 1:52 pm

hey coup, leviticus also says...

'However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.' (Leviticus 25:44-46)

dyou hold with that then? cause it would be VERY easy as a white american (which i aint) to read into that a justification for slavery (which i find disgusting) but there it is...either you take the bible as literally GOSPEL truth or read it in an interpretive fashion...

jesus himself said if you commit adultery in the mind (ie lust after a next woman whos married) thats as bad as committing it physically...now who among us aint done that? were all sinners...the one about the mote in my eye and the beam in my brothers comes instantly to mind...

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » August 15th, 2014, 3:22 pm

That's why I left that shit out :-). I am far from a religious person....I just throw that out there every time a fag promotes his chosen lifestyle. I could care less if he is smashing a dude from 60's, they can both play with each others assholes...none of my business.

Weird how nowadays everyone who discusses homosexuality immediately goes to race....two different issues to me. One you can hide or keep to yourself forever if you choose too...one in the vast majority of most cases you cannot.

And in all honesty, I can never be one to cast a stone because I have sinned and will sin again. Any document written by a man is subject to critique....Bible included!!!

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » August 15th, 2014, 4:05 pm

i got to be honest, as i get older i find religion more and more problematic full stop...i dont want to, the certainty of faith is a beautiful thing, but its becoming more and more elusive for us...

i think my thing is, if youre doing something and its not hurting anyone else, you do you...theres enough exploitation and pain in the physical world that needs healing before we start worrying about the metaphysical...

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 16th, 2014, 11:40 am

Is banging a phase for him too? That would not be a good look for his hood, if word got out. I don't know how his homies would handle it, but some hoods would kick someone like that out.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » August 17th, 2014, 12:52 pm

[quote="MMRbkaRudog"]Is banging a phase for him too? That would not be a good look for his hood, if word got out. I don't know how his homies would handle it, but some hoods would kick someone like that out.[/quote]

dude from sixties right? how many sixties behind the door for ten years or more? i bet my life and everything i own he aint the only sixty fuckin a dude...

the mad thing is there seems to be more shame in fuckin a dude on the out than raping someones ass in the jail...someone please tell me im not the only one that finds that shit sicker than aids x ebola...

CrocC
What city do you live in now?: Sheffield

Unread post by CrocC » August 17th, 2014, 3:51 pm

In the pen it ain't about sex,well it is for some but it mostly about power,a brother raping a white boy or another brother to them it means they in control n the one that's getting put upon is just food,i mean obviously some people want sex n there ain't no women,me personally i think its wrong especially the rape but u know it is what it is

As for being gay n banging there ain't no hood that gonna let that slide either he gonna be lucky n just get beat down or depending on how hard his hood bang n how they protect there rep he might even get his ass killed,in the naughty nineties he would be gone

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 18th, 2014, 4:48 pm

[quote="cliffard"][quote="MMRbkaRudog"]Is banging a phase for him too? That would not be a good look for his hood, if word got out. I don't know how his homies would handle it, but some hoods would kick someone like that out.[/quote]

dude from sixties right? how many sixties behind the door for ten years or more? i bet my life and everything i own he aint the only sixty fuckin a dude...

the mad thing is there seems to be more shame in fuckin a dude on the out than raping someones ass in the jail...someone please tell me im not the only one that finds that shit sicker than aids x ebola...[/quote]
I agree with u.. This is one of the reasons aids has spread so much. I hope they get control on Ebola.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

Unread post by doobeez » August 25th, 2014, 8:33 am

[quote="CrocC"]As for being gay n banging there ain't no hood that gonna let that slide either he gonna be lucky n just get beat down or depending on how hard his hood bang n how they protect there rep he might even get his ass killed,in the naughty nineties he would be gone[/quote]

From a long distance perspective, I wouldn't think the 60's would give him a pass either. The original poster should be aware of the possible fallout of him getting outed. Hell, it could be bad for them both.

Just my opinion.

BooRoc
If in the United States: Ohio
What city do you live in now?: Cleveland

Unread post by BooRoc » April 17th, 2016, 3:39 pm

DelaniWalker wrote:Thanks for your response. I am open about my lifestlye, however my partner isnt so it makes it dificult. My safety is always my number 1 concern especially dealing with someone not yet out & basically not apart of the gay community. The backlash can be dangerous and not something I want nor need.. But I will consider your offer maybe at a later date. Thank You Again
I'm openly gay, and a ex gang member. During my time as a gang member I was openly gay, and my homies knew and they didn't see me any different. Then again I had the attitude that I'd rather try to kill you than deal with you, and my homies knew this. If he has a reputation for being violent then there's a good chance that nothing will happen to him. It depends on his rep with his hood, and how much respect he has.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 19th, 2016, 9:50 pm

well its one of gang big no no along with snitching thats all im gonna say ...if a member from my hood with that he aint from the set no more period no homo claim our shit .

Sinista
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: West Palm Beach

Unread post by Sinista » April 23rd, 2016, 12:08 pm

This very interesting

BooRoc

Unread post by BooRoc » April 24th, 2016, 10:09 am

bgcasper wrote:well its one of gang big no no along with snitching thats all im gonna say ...if a member from my hood with that he aint from the set no more period no homo claim our shit .
back in the days my homies even thought that I was a lil too crazy that they were afraid to question my actions. Where I'm from I had a reputation for knife play instead of gun play and my homies knew this so they didn't want to get on my bad side. I've was doing this gang stuff since 1993, and even though I don't bang anymore I still have that mentality.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Unread post by ViciousRidah » May 5th, 2016, 7:40 pm

A Gay Leader Emerges in the 'Hood

http://www.laweekly.com/news/a-gay-lead ... od-2613485
THURSDAY, APRIL 4, 2013 AT 4:30 A.M. BY MICHAEL KRIKORIAN

PHOTO BY TED SOQUI
Asked if being poor, black and gay hurt him at the start of his career, author James Baldwin famously replied that his situation "was so outrageous ... you had to find a way to use it." Deshawn Cole knows outrageous and he, too, is trying to make the most of being a young, gay, black man — at Imperial Courts public housing project in Watts, where coming out has long been scorned as a manhood wasted.

"Early on I knew I was different," says Cole, 23, who lives at the project and works in its on-site recreation center for the Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks. "I was always a leader. ... When I saw someone who was outspoken or different, they had to be in my circle."

As a teen, Cole says, "I know I confused people — it was fun. It was, like, 'This guy is doing cheerleading — gay. But he's playing football and fighting — can't be gay.' "

Gallup poll data show that 3.6 percent of blacks identify themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, as do 3.5 percent of all Americans. But against the backdrop of the recent U.S. Supreme Court hearings on same-sex marriage, there's still a strong anti-gay taboo in many inner-city communities. Pew Research Center found that while Latino support for gay marriage has surged to 59 percent, the longtime low support by blacks for gay marriage has edged up to just 38 percent. In 2008, many Latinos and blacks voted in favor of Proposition 8 to ban same-sex marriage.

At Imperial Courts, which gained infamy as a violent bastion of the Project Watts Crips (PJs) gang, Cole, who supports gay marriage, is said by many to be the first boy to live openly as a homosexual. His mother, Cynthia Mendenhall, says, "De­shawn wasn't the first gay person in the Courts, but he was the first one to really be proud of it and come out" about a decade ago.

Cole sees attitudes — even among many PJs — finally changing. Subjected as a youth to countless sexual slurs — Cole estimates that "back in the day" he was called "faggot" several thousand times — he pushed back as a student at Ritter Elementary School and Markham Middle School, jumping into fistfights and finally revealing his sexuality to his disapproving father.

Cole has become a respected community figure whose principles have earned him an unusual form of street cred: tough, kind-hearted — and out.

Imperial Courts resident Ruben Quintana, 25, calls Cole "part of the reason things are changing around here." Quintana, who is straight, says, "In a way, he's like a leader in the gay rights movement the way people were leaders in the civil rights movement."

Mendenhall, known as "Sista," a former PJ Crip–turned–gang interventionist and member of the Watts Gang Task Force, explains, "He's been a mentor to a lot of young people, both straight and gay." When her son was small, "Lots of people told me he's just confused," she recalls. "They said it was a devil. They told me to pray our way out of this. They thought they meant well."

In 2007 Cole graduated from Compton's Dominguez High School and completed a certified course at Marinello Schools of Beauty in Paramount. He still loves to "do hair" — his own, when straightened, flows in a ponytail to his midback. But last year, he found a rewarding calling as a recreational aide at Imperial Courts Recreation Center, where he had long volunteered.

"He's a major asset to Imperial Courts," says Alea Douglas, a Rec & Parks coordinator. "He's talented, he's creative, he's dedicated and he's a team player. The kids here are lucky to have him."

Many who live in the 490-unit housing project, which is calmer than it once was, admire Cole. One day, as he discusses plans for the Dynasty Imperial High Kickers Drill Team and Drum Squad that he coaches at the recreation center, a little Latino girl arcing on a nearby swing calls out: "Deshawn! Deshawn! You know my eighth birthday is coming up, right?"

"Happy birthday, girl. When is it?" She gives him the date — it's more than five weeks away. "OK. We'll have a party."

When Cole was a student at troubled Markham Middle School, which sits almost in the bull's-eye of Imperial Courts and its rival projects, Jordan Downs and Nickerson Gardens, he remembers "fighting on two fronts," one over gang turf, the other over his sexual orientation. (Cole's brothers Tony and Darrian, both PJs, died violently.)

His mother recalls, "Security guards, some teachers, they would say in a low-key way it was his fault" that other students harassed him. "Like, 'Why does he have to dress that way?' or 'He's asking for it being like that.' But I never gave up on supporting his dreams."

Cole lived in particular anguish over what his strict, military-bearing father thought. "What father wants a gay boy?" Cole asks. "Do you think when a wife is pregnant, the husband says, 'I hope he turns out gay?' "

His father, Dwight Cole, 54, is stout and muscular, a no-nonsense, retired National Guard veteran. "Look, I felt he was gay, but I wanted him to tell me," his father says. "Everybody kept telling me, but I wanted him to tell me."

Once Deshawn did tell his father, Dwight Cole informed him that he could not join drill team or engage in other nontraditional activities. "I ain't gonna lie. It hurt," he says. "You want your boys to have kids. Carry on the name. Any father wants that. Even if your daughter is gay, you want her to have kids. That's just the way it is. But I love Deshawn."

In Watts, respect is vital. In Imperial Courts, a lot of that respect must come from the PJs. Cole is not an active gang member, but he acknowledges, "Just by living in the projects, you're already from the gang. So you might as well say, 'I'm from PJs.' "

It was Deshawn's fistfight in 2004 or 2005 with his brother Darrian that convinced many local toughs to grudgingly accept a gay youth in the hood.

As Dwight Cole explains, he'd told Darrian, " 'This is not your life. If your brother is gay, he's gay.' ... But Darrian wouldn't accept him." Darrian often belittled Deshawn, saying he was going to "beat the gayness" out of him. His dad finally told Deshawn "he was going to have to fight Darrian to get his respect." Cole decided his father was right. "I stepped up for myself. A 'faggot' is a sissy boy. I'm a gay boy — I'd step up to them."

Their wild fistfight "tore up the house," says his father. "But in the end, Deshawn had whipped him out of the house."

That violent episode is partly how Cole won respect at Imperial Courts. But, just as importantly, he freely embraced others. Close friend Paul Cook says that without Cole, he wouldn't be out of the closet. "He helped pave the way for me in terms of being gay," says Cook, whom Cole teases with the nickname "Paulette, my daughter."

There are still misconceptions and anti-gay sentiment in Watts. One area resident, admired by some for his knockout punch, explained to L.A. Weekly: "In the body there are male hormones and female hormones. In Deshawn's body it was like they had a war, the male hormones against the females hormones, and the bitches won."

Told of this theory, Cole starts laughing.

Another prominent Watts figure wondered: "Was he born this way or did he get 'turned out?' " — implying Cole was changed by a sexual attack. That gets a "Stupid" response from Cole.

Imperial Courts is seen by many as a gang-infested hellhole, a vast concrete corral one step up from homelessness for single mothers and unemployed men who hang out on corners to drink and sell drugs.

Some of that can be found at Imperial Courts. But what also is found there is a keen sense of community that's stronger than in the vast majority of L.A. neighborhoods.

One March evening, Deshawn Cole and Cynthia Mendenhall linger for more than an hour on a sidewalk in the heart of the project, saying, "Hi, baby" and "What up, boo" to about 60 neighbors who pass by.

Cole's mother explains, "It wasn't at all acceptable until Deshawn came out." But even as she speaks, several young people near the recreation center start yelling at an effeminate young man, shouting "Bitch!" and "You look like a girl!"

"Hear that?" Mendenhall asks. "That boy is gay, and he dresses and acts just like a woman. ... So they giving him a hard time. Deshawn tries to mentor him. Let him know he can't be too, what's the word — flamboyant — around here."

For all that's changing, she says, "What we need is a gay and lesbian center right here in Watts. ... People in Watts, South Central and Compton, they need somewhere to go if they need counseling. They shouldn't have to go all the way to Hollywood. Hollywood needs to come here."

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » May 5th, 2016, 7:44 pm

BooRoc wrote:
bgcasper wrote:well its one of gang big no no along with snitching thats all im gonna say ...if a member from my hood with that he aint from the set no more period no homo claim our shit .
back in the days my homies even thought that I was a lil too crazy that they were afraid to question my actions. Where I'm from I had a reputation for knife play instead of gun play and my homies knew this so they didn't want to get on my bad side. I've was doing this gang stuff since 1993, and even though I don't bang anymore I still have that mentality.
What gang were you claiming?

Sinista
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: West Palm Beach

Unread post by Sinista » May 10th, 2016, 8:42 pm

is this is how Inglewood family,bounty hunters and Denver lanes got there diss names cause of this

playermadecholo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: houston

Unread post by playermadecholo » May 11th, 2016, 7:17 am

CAN ANYONE POST NAMES OF GAY GANGSTERS AND THEIR HOODS?

BooRoc

Unread post by BooRoc » May 18th, 2016, 11:14 am

ViciousRidah wrote:
BooRoc wrote:
We consider ourselves an organization, but I'm originally from the Mid-West where I was from E/S Killer Town Gangster Disciples.

Bunknown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: unknown

Unread post by Bunknown » May 20th, 2016, 8:34 am

Purple Passion from Grape Street.

Bunknown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: unknown

Unread post by Bunknown » May 20th, 2016, 8:34 am

Purple Passion from Grape Street.

BooRoc

Unread post by BooRoc » May 21st, 2016, 12:40 am

ViciousRidah wrote:
BooRoc wrote:
I used to claim E/S Killer Town GD, FOLKS from the Mid-West.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » June 17th, 2016, 10:18 am

BooRoc wrote:
ViciousRidah wrote:
BooRoc wrote:
Did they have a heavy blood and Crip presence in Cleveland or was it more Chicago based?

BooRoc

Unread post by BooRoc » June 30th, 2016, 1:49 am

ViciousRidah wrote:
BooRoc wrote:
ViciousRidah wrote:
BooRoc wrote:
Did they have a heavy blood and Crip presence in Cleveland or was it more Chicago based?
Back in the 1980's-2000's Cleveland was mainly Crips and GD's with a few Bloods, Vice Lords, and Latin Kings scattered throughout the city. Now Cleveland is mainly a GD city with Crips, Bloods, and from what I've heard Sur 13 scattered throughout the city.

Mongrelism
If in the United States: Guam
What city do you live in now?: hamilton

Unread post by Mongrelism » July 6th, 2016, 11:16 am

This link will take you through to a site that portrays New Zealands most deadliest gangs. Its worth a peek!! http://viral777.dreamypicturefantasy.me/01a6802c9939ad http://viral777.dreamypicturefantasy.me/01a6802c9939ad

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 1st, 2017, 2:38 am

cliffard wrote:hey coup, leviticus also says...
(Leviticus 25:44-46)

dyou hold with that then? cause it would be VERY easy as a white american (which i aint) to read into that a justification for slavery (which i find disgusting) but there it is...either you take the bible as literally GOSPEL truth or read it in an interpretive fashion...
Hey Cliffard, I appreciate ur subjective cherry picking of what u think Scripture might say 2 justify the white man's slavery. I 4 one take the Gospel & the rest of Scripture as the true Word of YHVH God. As with any material or document read, CONTEXT is very important. In Lev. 25:35-43, these verses r addressed 2 Israelites 'hiring' their fellow brothers & sisters into indentured servitude. Verses 44-6 is about Israelites having ''bondmen and bondmaids...of the heathen [i.e. non-Hebrews or Gentiles]'' (vs 44). In both cases the Israelite bought & sold fellow Israelites (39,40) as well as the Gentile bondservant (44-6). The Israelite made himself voluntarily albeit regrettably a bondservant b/c of poverty or b/c of a debt he/she couldn't requite.

Perhaps u like others think the Hebrews had liberty or should I say a fatwa from God 2 go throughout Canaan & etc conquering other tribes & peoples 4 the sole purpose of buying & selling slaves. Not so!! What our African ancestors did 2 their own conquered people in selling them 2 the Europeans 4 profit or what the Arabs & Muslims did in the name of Muhammad & Islam, in the Sub-Sahara African 3 slave trade (which was far worse than the Trans-Atlantic slave trade & which is also still occurring in our day) & even in Europe, is not the slavery which is alluded 2 in this passage of Scripture u cited. And btw, can we all stop acting like ALL cultures of people didn't practice indentured servitude & slavery?? When I say ALL, I mean ALL!! Slavery didn't have its origin in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Let's remember that the Israelites were also slaves or 'bondmen & bondwomen'.

1st of all, slavery as was practiced in the Americas & lands far away was forbidden by God way back in Exodus. Back in chpt. 21 of Exodus in vs 16, YHVH gave this commandment 2 the Hebrews: "And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death." :shock:!! He repeated this commandment in Deuteronomy 21:7 in the relation of Hebrews 1 to another: "If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you." Again :shock:!! Either way a violation of these commandments meant death or capital punishment 2 those buying & selling or trafficking humans.

YHVH also gave specific instructions 2 Israelites who bought Hebrew hired servants & Gentile bondservants & how they were 2 be treated. These are throughout the Pentateuch & most notably 2 me, Exodus 21, Leviticus 25, & Deuteronomy 15. Lest, I 4get, there were also provisions in God's Law 4 a Hebrew 2 sell him or herself 2 a Gentile as a hired servant.